Thai State Pension Fund To Acquire U.S., Europe Properties

http://www.bloomberg...properties.html

Oh dear, oh dear.sad.png

The fund is selecting companies for advice on these investments, she said.

Just go and see Naam, he'll sort them out.thumbsup.gif

So where are they about to squander the State pensioners' hard earned cash on?

is planning its first investments in U.S. and European commercial properties for higher returns than those generated from domestic bonds.

Oh no! Please stop this bullshit

So what is the aim?

Thai inflation rate this month climbed to 3.45 percent, a three-month high, on rising oil prices, the commerce ministry said on April 3.

The pension fund, which manages retirement savings for about 1.2 million state employees, aims to earn a return of 1.5 percentage point more than the domestic inflation rate, Sopawadee said.

OK, so they want an RoI of 5%, presumably ex-management fees of say 2%, so a gross return of 7%???? Wouldn't we all? smile.png. In fact wouldn't every single fund on the entire globe want that sort of return?

But in the collapsing Western economies, where all the financial institutions are buying long term US debt at under 2%?

Commercial properties in the US and Europe?cheesy.gif

But before they take a hit on falling asset prices and falling currencies, no doubt the Goldmann Sucks will be able to offer them some excellent products on hedging those risks, won't they?

Edited by 12DrinkMore

With property prices currently depressed, investing in real estate is a wise plan. Buy low, sell high, collect decent rent until prices rise and then sell with a great return.

I invested in a commercial property REIT and made good money with class A tenants. Managers of the program took it public, which was the exit strategy. Hopefully their new project will work out as well or better.

Better than buying bonds which give almost no return and with the eventual inflation and rate rise, bonds will be worth a lot less.

• Like 2

Just go and see Naam, he'll sort them out
i co-own with my brother a vineyard and a house (built pre World War II). both properties are available for sale if a good price is offered laugh.png

OK, so they want an RoI of 5%, presumably ex-management fees of say 2%, so a gross return of 7%???? Wouldn't we all? ../..//public/style_emoticons/default/smile.png. In fact wouldn't every single fund on the entire globe want that sort of return?

not necessarily every single fund because there are many funds who are achieving continously much higher average yields than 7% p.a.

http://www.onvista.d...RUMENT=14978178

OK, so they want an RoI of 5%, presumably ex-management fees of say 2%, so a gross return of 7%???? Wouldn't we all? ../..//public/style_emoticons/default/smile.png. In fact wouldn't every single fund on the entire globe want that sort of return?

not necessarily every single fund because there are many funds who are achieving continously much higher average yields than 7% p.a.

http://www.onvista.d...RUMENT=14978178

I dunno, but every time I have bought a fund in the past, the disclaimer they all have

"past performance may not indicate future performance"

seems to apply. mad.gif

In fact this has been so consistent that maybe I should try a new tactic and short the fund first before buying?thumbsup.gif

(note: I no longer hold any funds)

10 per cent net is not difficult to achieve in the uk , i know some people achieving 24 per cent cross in the uk on property

In any situation there are always "the anonymous somebodies" doing extremely well, with the unmentioned vast majority doing very averagely.

And at the moment the majority are happy if they can avoid losses and preserve capital.

With property prices currently depressed, investing in real estate is a wise plan. Buy low, sell high, collect decent rent until prices rise and then sell with a great return.

I invested in a commercial property REIT and made good money with class A tenants. Managers of the program took it public, which was the exit strategy. Hopefully their new project will work out as well or better.

Better than buying bonds which give almost no return and with the eventual inflation and rate rise, bonds will be worth a lot less.

Its an 'it depends' situation. Some of the best property in central London for example may currently be yielding less than stellar returns. The danger for the Thai pension fund is if it chases returns with the acquisition of second-rank locations.

10 per cent net is not difficult to achieve in the uk , i know some people achieving 24 per cent cross in the uk on property

In any situation there are always "the anonymous somebodies" doing extremely well, with the unmentioned vast majority doing very averagely.

And at the moment the majority are happy if they can avoid losses and preserve capital.

somebody told me the readers of "The Sun" and the "Daily Mail" are doing extremely well because they have access to facts and not to fiction crazy.gif

those who have put all in gold and silver do not need to worry. everybody knows that precious metals possess intrinsic value which can never go down whistling.gif

No point in getting 10% if the currency and property values are likely to depreciate ..

If they want to invest in property better to stay in Thailand ....IMO .

No point in getting 10% if the currency and property values are likely to depreciate ..

They will be looking for international diversification.

They will be looking for international diversification.

Bit unpatriotic, eh?

Sometimes I think they believe the sun rises in Isaan, sets in Ranong and leaves the rest of the world in darkness.