Manchester United

redrus

tevez better that rooney, surely you are taking the piss. or is it that rooney was all blue before and you feel slighted that he picked United over your team?

rooney wouldn't have moved to liverpool in a thousand years. surely you understand that?

i do think tevez is better than rooney, yeah. that's not me saying rooney is crap or anything as he's clearly not. i just think tevez is a more dynamic and dangerous player.

tevez better that rooney, surely you are taking the piss. or is it that rooney was all blue before and you feel slighted that he picked United over your team?

rooney wouldn't have moved to liverpool in a thousand years. surely you understand that?

i do think tevez is better than rooney, yeah. that's not me saying rooney is crap or anything as he's clearly not. i just think tevez is a more dynamic and dangerous player.

i am glad SAF doesnt have the same opinion as you then.

why?

tevez was excellent last season and given a run in the side he'll score more goals than rooney.

why?

tevez was excellent last season and given a run in the side he'll score more goals than rooney.

hmmm, tevez was given a run last year full-time, played very well and scored key goals for us but face it, running around the pitch like a chicken with your head cut off while admirable from an effort point of view, doesnt match what WR brings as whole to our team.

BTW, tevez had 80+ mins last night and did nothing much.

hmmm, tevez was given a run last year full-time, played very well and scored key goals for us but face it, running around the pitch like a chicken with your head cut off while admirable from an effort point of view, doesnt match what WR brings as whole to our team.

hardly in match practice like is he? plus he's got the contract uncertainty hanging over his head.

hardly in match practice like is he? plus he's got the contract uncertainty hanging over his head.

There is ahuge price tag on Tevez ,I believe in the vicinity of 40,000 quid to make him a Man U player. He is a great liitle player who runs his heart out but Ferguson /Gill will not pay that sort of money. I can only see him being forced out courtesy of a greedy agent.

There is ahuge price tag on Tevez ,I believe in the vicinity of 40,000 quid to make him a Man U player. He is a great liitle player who runs his heart out but Ferguson /Gill will not pay that sort of money. I can only see him being forced out courtesy of a greedy agent.

40.000, I'll buy him for that.... :D

:o

redrus

think i read that joorabchian wants 32m GBP but that united have paid about 7m of that so far to have him on loan. i think he's a fantastic player and you'd be mad to let him go. maybe a sign of football's financial realities kicking in though.

why?

Agreed.

In percentage terms, he's just not converting enough of the chances that come his way. In fact, i think that's been the case since he left the Hammers. When he was with them he was putting away half-chances. Now he takes three or four on a plate chances to score one goal. Clinical finisher he ain't - not right now anyway.

On a different subject... who do you think should be taking corner kicks? I know that Giggs takes them well but he's often rested. Rooney also is pretty good at them but it seems a shame to not have him lurking outside the box. Both Park and Carrick on the other hand have been delivering some terrible balls and wasting chances. Thoughts?

Tevez is great and we need 4 strikers. Tevez at the moment is 4th choice though, behind 2 strikers and a winger....! I don't think he deserves that. He was placed down the rank when Burbbles joined, in my opinion, wrongly so. I believe that when you buy a new player they should be made to work for their place in a winning side, no matter what his cost. We should have learned that lessen from Veron....!

I can take better corners than those in our team at present. The Burbbles goal against Chelsea shows that what we are working on the training ground is working, do we not practise corners anymore, surely there's someone who's above the rest that plays the majority of games....?

Anderson, Carrick, Fletcher, Rafael, Evra, Ronaldo. You can't tell me that one of those few isn't capable of consistantly putting plum balls into the box, it really isn't hard is it......., especially for a few tens of thousands per week....! :o

redrus

40.000, I'll buy him for that.... :D

City will buy him for that. I'm sure we must need someone to scare off the pigeons :D

^

Shhhrrup, they've got Ricky Hatton for that and, they can always wake up the ghosts of Swales and Bernard Manning if that don't work....!

:D

Hey, leave our Ricky out of it. He has an excuse, he gets hit in the face with a leather glove for a living :D

So Swales and Manning are still there scaring people then....!

redrus

^

Shhhrrup, they've got Ricky Hatton for that and, they can always wake up the ghosts of Swales and Bernard Manning if that don't work....!

Hey, leave our Ricky out of it. He has an excuse, he gets hit in the face with a leather glove for a living :D

So Swales and Manning are still there scaring people then....!

United Join Palacios Chase - Reports

redissue

Thursday, 15th January 2009

Media reports are suggesting that United could join Tottenham in a bid to sign Wilson Palacios from Wigan Athletic.

Wigan chairman Dave Whelan confirmed that his club had rejected a £10million offer from Spurs for the Honduras midfielder claiming that he would not sell the player at that price.

"It's not enough money. They can come back or forget it," Whelan said prior to the match between United and Wigan on Wednesday night.

Now newspaper reports are claiming that United could be ready to table a bid in the region of £14million for the 24-year-old player who Wigan boss Steve Bruce has accepted could be tempted away from the JJB Stadium.

"We'll see what happens when the money men start talking," Bruce has said.

"It's difficult, it's not about me or the chairman, it's about the player.

"How can you deny them a life-changing opportunity? You can bet it will be a huge contract.

"He will be as good a midfielder as there is in a couple of years."

redrus

wouldn't this be nice...

Ramon Calderon will pay the price for finding himself at the heart of a corruption scandal after the newspaper Marca – which Ferguson accused of acting in cahoots with the president – revealed that he had rigged the vote at Real's members' assembly in order to secure approval for his running of the club.

Calderon will be replaced by vice-president Vicente Boluda and it appears likely that new elections will be called for the summer. The former president, Florentino Perez, who signed David Beckham from Manchester United in the summer of 2003 for £25 million, is understood to be considering a comeback.

Marca provided photographic evidence to back up their allegation that Calderon had stacked a Dec 7 annual assembly with fake delegates. And although the president sacked two members of staff and vowed to fight on, his directors were trying to persuade him to walk away on Thursday night.

The revelations were the latest nail in Calderon's coffin after he failed to deliver on his electoral promise to sign Kaka and Cesc Fabregas.

Worse still, he failed to land Ronaldo despite publicly and privately insisting that the Portuguese winger would be coming to the Bernabeu.

Real's interest in Ronaldo will be undimmed, however. And Ferguson may find that by next summer he has an even more difficult foe to face.

In the bangkok forum a few weeks ago i gave a review of United Restaurant at lunch time during the week, have no idea how it is on a saturday night but here is their website for those who want to see what it looks like etc...

http://www.mufbthai.com/

Looks great, smashing, super...

Next time up in the Capital, i'll be sure to pop in & wipe Bogey's all over the Gaff & Graffiti the Toilets in Permanent Marker with Crossed Irons all over the Walls ... :o

In the bangkok forum a few weeks ago i gave a review of United Restaurant at lunch time during the week, have no idea how it is on a saturday night but here is their website for those who want to see what it looks like etc...

Next time up in the Capital, i'll be sure to pop in & wipe Bogey's all over the Gaff & Graffiti the Toilets in Permanent Marker with Crossed Irons all over the Walls ... :o

m you wouldn't even get me inside the place to graffiti it. they could be handing out free beer and blowjobs while you wait and i still couldn't set foot in the thing.

m you wouldn't even get me inside the place to graffiti it. they could be handing out free beer and blowjobs while you wait and i still couldn't set foot in the thing.

Looks bloody awful, and I'm a United fan. I'll be sure to give it a wide birth, it looks even worse than Devils bar in Singapore.

A friends of mines girlfriend works in there. When i was over in bangers we went down for a few beers so me and the wife could say hello to her. The food was ok and the beer is beer, though a bit pricey. Not somewhere i would usually go. I only seen about 6 farang(including me) in the place. The rest were asian. :o

Hard fought win. United were pretty dominant, but Bolton defended excellently, and 'Donkey Davies' (for fletch and cheeky :D ), almost snatched a late goal, to put Bolton in front. Typical United, in that they kept going, and although not always fluid, they did create a number of chances. Carrick had a very good game, and of course Vidic and Evans were solid as per usual. Tevez again showed his fighting spirit, with his hunger for the ball, and never say die attitude. Berbatov, at times sublime, but far too often not in the action, but when it counted he stuck it in the net. :D

Only dampner on the day is that Chelsea managed to sneak a win, coming from behind to snatch three points. :D

Normal service is now resumed. :D

Wishing Everton all the best on Monday. :o

How unlike Man U....:D

What, winning consistantly by hook or by crook and, beating your lot 5-0 on the way...... Behave....!

redrus

I think you'll find the official score was 3-0 on that fateful weekend. :o

I think you'll find it was 5-0 and you chuffin know it....! Don't think that cos of sheeeite refereeing you think I'm letting you off the hook....!

redrus

I think you'll find it was 5-0 and you chuffin know it....! Don't think that cos of sheeeite refereeing you think I'm letting you off the hook....!

redrus

Mr Toad and Redrus I know you HAVE a sense of humour so thought I would share the following. If you can't laugh at yourself who can you laugh at :o

1. Cristiano Ronaldo escaped unharmed after writing of his Ferrari and rumours are that he dived from car before it hit the barrier.

2. The first thing he said to the police was that the wall was not 10 yards away.

3. Alex Ferguson is claiming that Ferrari does not give Ronaldo enough protection.

4. Witnesses at the scene of Ronaldo's crash say he was only lightly tapped from behind, when all of a sudden the car flipped and rolled over 10 times.

5. Apparently witnesses in other cars who saw the incident, said that Ronaldo's car was accelerating towards the tunnel, when it suddenly and inexplicable seemed to flip over, with absolutely no contact with any other vehicles.

6. The police arrived, and immediately following directions from Ronaldo, arrested the nearest car driver.

7. Police are investigating why a player voted the worlds best cannot take a corner.

8. "Anyway he was all right, he was walking," said a witness, confirming that Ronaldo is the only man in Manchester who walks away from massive car smash but spends five minutes writhing in agony if someone pulls his socks down.

Must have been written by a LP or CHELSKI but it shows we can appreciate GOOD HUMOUR.

BT :D