Manchester United

redrus

YES! Long live Bayern!

Finally all the English teams are out of the Champions League.

I am sure your newspaper "Sun" would title: German Panzer crushed Manchester. Isn't it?!

At least "The Continent" can play out the champion amongst itself, not being "disturbed" by some clubs from the island.

Now we know who the creme of european football is, Spain, France, Italy and OF COURSE Germany.

Good bye Britain, see you anytime next season.

I agree with the not blaming the Ref bit but surely Van Bommel had to go in the first half i thought after the initial Yellow for the Foul on Rafael, shouldn't he ??

Yeah i think there's certainly a case for that and after his pre-match comments it would have been nice to see him sent off, but sometimes these decisions go for you, sometimes not. It's like that, and that's the way it is... i can feel a song coming on. :)

YES! Long live Bayern!

I am sure your newspaper "Sun" would title: German Panzer crushed Manchester. Isn't it?!

At least "The Continent" can play out the champion amongst itself, not being "disturbed" by some clubs from the island.

Now we know who the creme of european football is, Spain, France, Italy and OF COURSE Germany.

Hmm. Always a fan of the entente coridale with our less sophisticated and less polite continental neighbours, but one thing's for sure, I'm now NOT supporting Bayern (and my best Everton moment ever was spectacularly knocking you lot out of the Cup Winners Cup in 1985).

YES! Long live Bayern!

Worry not, you can catch the English Premiership on TV screens all over Thailand every weekend. If you were after Bundesliga, that might be more tricky. :)

YES! Long live Bayern!

and this no doubt from a season long Shalke supporter :)

YES! Long live Bayern!

Thanks for the wonderful contribution to the forum. Whoever said the Germans lack a sense of humour :)

YES! Long live Bayern!

Worry not, you can catch the English Premiership on TV screens all over Thailand every weekend. If you were after Bundesliga, that might be more tricky. :)

Finding Bundesliga games to watch on TV can be tricky, but you can get a similar sensation by sticking a lit cigarette in your eye.

Edited by dave111223

I thought the inclusion of Rooney gave us a boost in the first half but after getting kicked it was sort of noticed Bayern took great spirit from seeing him hobbling around,that is when the game changed.Yes they were fortunate with the first goal but it was a tidy finish albeit a mistake from Carrick.

Obviously Rafeal getting sent off was the real turning point a shame as he was having a great game and causing Bayern untold problems when bursting forward.

The scond half with 10 men we just could not get the ball and keep it! AND TELL ME IF I AM THE ONLY ONE BUT SEEING BERBATOV COMING ON AS A SUB TO PINCH THE WINNER........WELL MY CHIN HIT THE FLOOR,NO WAY WAS HE WHAT WE NEEDED.

Always knew it was going to be a tuff tie but it is true we lost it in the first leg through sloppy defending,we had them on the ropes last night and the sending off gave them a lifeline...which they took and there is no denying that <deleted> Robbin his wonderful finish to win the tie.

At least we can concentrate on the league now :)

Edit just to mention Gibson,thought he had a fantastic first half and looked completely relaxed amongst some good German midfielders.

Edited by NADTATIDA1

^ Yeah i knew our days were numbered when Berba came on. Was wishing that Macheda might have been given a chance - in his short career he's proved himself much more the impact player than Berba.

Re Gibson, yes i agree. For me he injected the energy we've been missing of late.

Re Robben, yes he's a <deleted>.

Funny old game football.

I actually watched the first 30 mins before going to bed. And thought well that's it Utd through and only just saw the score before!!!

Sounds like it went very wrong? Thought that was the tie done and dusted the way you started. Soft first goal but nice touch from Rooney to set up Gibson and then Nani with a very cheecky goal.

Any news on Rooney did he look ok? I was shocked to see him start and recovered so early! asking as a England fan of course :)

Yes Rix! Macheda was what we needed a young energetic lad willing to run for every ball not a lazy cigerette smoking ponce with no confidence.

Rooney inclusion was a gamble but i think they are saying he will be fit to face Cidy on the 17th just bruising or else fergie would not of risked him last night.

Strange how in both games our right back cost us the matches through stupidity!

Never mind i always thought it would be a Barca Bayern final,looks like that is nailed on now?

Funny seeing Nani nearly fainting after him running after the ball,sort of what a sunday lg player would do! :)

Yes Rix! Macheda was what we needed a young energetic lad willing to run for every ball not a lazy cigerette smoking ponce with no confidence.

Rooney inclusion was a gamble but i think they are saying he will be fit to face Cidy on the 17th just bruising or else fergie would not of risked him last night.

Strange how in both games our right back cost us the matches through stupidity!

Never mind i always thought it would be a Barca Bayern final,looks like that is nailed on now?

Funny seeing Nani nearly fainting after him running after the ball,sort of what a sunday lg player would do! :D

Rooney is not lazy mate :)

Funny old game football.

Yeah it is, I was laughing my socks off :)

Lol....Do i sense that Cidy swagger is back?

A couple of good results and you are world champions again??

Now come on Mr Jangles i thought with your EXPERIENCE in all things lazer you should know better than to mock the supreme power.

AND TELL ME IF I AM THE ONLY ONE BUT SEEING BERBATOV COMING ON AS A SUB TO PINCH THE WINNER........WELL MY CHIN HIT THE FLOOR,NO WAY WAS HE WHAT WE NEEDED.

:):D No you weren't alone. Looks like he will be heading out of the door in the summer. Maybe Blackburn or Newcastle might offer a couple of million if yer lucky. :D

AND TELL ME IF I AM THE ONLY ONE BUT SEEING BERBATOV COMING ON AS A SUB TO PINCH THE WINNER........WELL MY CHIN HIT THE FLOOR,NO WAY WAS HE WHAT WE NEEDED.

:):D No you weren't alone. Looks like he will be heading out of the door in the summer. Maybe Blackburn or Newcastle might offer a couple of million if yer lucky. :D

Nah, we will sell him back to Harry and Co for 15 million, Jermain Defoe and Gareth Bale, Dawson, Palacious.

To clinch it, we will sign Robbie Keane from Spurs and loan him back to Liverpool.

Have heard city like red rejects now,we might get 5 million !!

He will go to Italy or Spain he can get lost in a club there,they seem to put up with no tryers there.

Nah, we will sell him back to Harry and Co for 15 million, Jermain Defoe and Gareth Bale, Dawson, Palacious.

To clinch it, we will sign Robbie Keane from Spurs and loan him back to Liverpool.

Unfrtunately James he has a lifetime ban from the home dressing room at the Lane. You can have Bale for fifteen million if you feel Berba needs a few more goalscoring opportunities. :D

Funny old game football.

Yeah it is, I was laughing my socks off :)

Lol....Do i sense that Cidy swagger is back?

A couple of good results and you are world champions again??

Now come on Mr Jangles i thought with your EXPERIENCE in all things lazer you should know better than to mock the supreme power.

I'm bitter through and through NAD. Apart from City winning, my greatest pleasure is to see the faces of sick United fans when they lose. :D

He will go to Italy or Spain he can get lost in a club there,they seem to put up with no tryers there.

Your forgetting it was us who bumped up the price in the first place, just to make you pay more for him :D

Never thought Man U were a one man team until Fergie persisted with Rooney for the final 20 minutes of the 1st half and first 5 of the second.

The players werent passing to him when they could have, because he was injured ... but Fergie blames everything but himself.

Your forgetting it was us who bumped up the price in the first place, just to make you pay more for him :D

Santa Claus...Tevez....Adebayor! we are the masters of that game!

And yes whichschool point taken,but i think Rooney did say he was ok when asked by the bench so i wouldn't lay the blame on Fergie for that,more on the inexperience of Rafeal,i think Rooney is such a pure footballer he would have said he was fit to play even if he was not 100%....maybe Fergusons genuine concern of not having the decent cover for him in the first place is the more correct source of blame?

YES! Long live Bayern!

Hmm. Always a fan of the entente coridale with our less sophisticated and less polite continental neighbours, but one thing's for sure, I'm now NOT supporting Bayern (and my best Everton moment ever was spectacularly knocking you lot out of the Cup Winners Cup in 1985).

Hallo Share Cropper,

are we really less sophisticated and less polite? Did you ever happen to read an British newspaper BEFORE an international match between England and Germany? With all those associations towards the war? Did you read just recently the english comments about the new (black) German jersey? I think hardly any German football fan has any idea about the english jerseys. To be honest they don't care. Are we less polite because of that?

Well it will be an interesting match against Lyon. And good luck for your support of the French side.

YES! Long live Bayern!

Hallo Share Cropper,

are we really less sophisticated and less polite? Did you ever happen to read an British newspaper BEFORE an international match between England and Germany? With all those associations towards the war? Did you read just recently the english comments about the new (black) German jersey? I think hardly any German football fan has any idea about the english jerseys. To be honest they don't care. Are we less polite because of that?

Well it will be an interesting match against Lyon. And good luck for your support of the French side.

Obviously less sophisticated and appalling dress sense but i have generally found your lot to be resonably polite :)

YES! Long live Bayern!

Hallo Rixalex,

don't you worry, UBC/True shows 1 Bundesliga game on Friday, one or two on Saturday and one or two on Sunday. That is on the one hand a lot more than you can see on free TV in Germany itself and on the other hand one of the best coverages in Southeast Asia. But compared to the Premiership it can be improved. And it is quite frustrating from time to time if instead of the announced Bundesliga match an english cup match is shown.

But in anyway thanks for your concern.

i think Rooney is such a pure footballer he would have said he was fit to play even if he was not 100%....maybe Fergusons genuine concern of not having the decent cover for him in the first place is the more correct source of blame?

Fergie buys the cover, and should be able to see his player limping for 20 minutes.

Anyway i'm glad that Man U and all the English clubs are out, last summer was the first time in years that the top 4 Englsih clubs didnt spend hundreds of millions between them, and if this years Champs League is anything to go by it seems that if everything isnt financially geared in their favour theyre run of the mill.

YES! Long live Bayern!

and this no doubt from a season long Shalke supporter :)

Hallo BKK James,

with view to the present standings in the Bundesliga table I would "love" to be a supporter of Schalke 04 and especially their manager Felix Magath.

But unfortunately I am a deeply frustrated supporter of the Hamburger SV. Despite the support of Van the Man the HSV seems not capable to reach at least a qualification spot for the Europa League for next season.

For you Manchester fans last night was the "Night of Truth". For Hamburg it will be tonight with the return leg of the match against Luettich. The HSV won the home leg 2:1 but I have little hopes for the squad to advance. Let's wait and see.

Anyway also to you thanks for your concern.

But compared to the Premiership it can be improved.

Of course you were refering to TV coverage with that statement, but i think it could equally apply to the quality of the league. Don't let your first semi-final appearance in years go to your head.