วันอังคารที่ 30 มีนาคม 2553

European Champion Clubs Cup Quarter Final First Leg

Bayern Munich v Man Utd เวลา 01.30 น. Ch.3

Lyon v Bordeaux เวลา 01.30 น. Ch.7

วันพุธที่ 31 มีนาคม 2553

European Champion Clubs Cup Quarter Final First Leg

Arsenal v Barcelona เวลา 01.45 น. Ch.7

Inter v CSKA Moscow เวลา 01.45 น. Ch.3

That was piss-poor all around - not for VDS we could have been out of the tie already.

Besides two corners the whole game - did we even have any crosses into the box from Nani, Park, Valencia and Giggs?

Carrick continues to do nothing for me except pass the ball backwards.

Neville raising his hand like Scholes

Evra a really poor game by his standards.

Rooney injured.

Chelsea next. Fantastic. :)

Yes not impressed at all,great start but just never got to keep the ball....substitution argggghhhh!! Berbatov and Valencia for Carrick and Park??? Still cannot work it out...why?

And Berbatov can get to fuc_k as far as i am concerned.

It could have been a lot worse though at least we are still in the tie although they have got Bastian schwiensteger (sp) and robben back for the 2nd leg.

Very POOR performance after such a great start

Rooney???????

Well for me i don't think the performance was quite as bad as some are saying. We got the early goal and then set about defending well and trying to get them on the break - a tactic that was working well up until a wicked deflection got them back in the tie (how that goal can be attributed to Ribbery i don't know - surely it was OG?). And before that we had some great chances to wrap things up.

And then right at the end just made a mess of clearing the ball - these things can happen. Olic celebrated like he had won the tie. Knob.

Best player for us VDS of course. Worst player for me was a toss up between Nani and Fletcher. Nani for all the falling to ground nonsense and clutching his face when he got lightly swipped. Fletcher for not doing what he has been so great at doing of late - controlling the mid-field. Gave it away far too cheaply at times - then again, most players were guilty of that!

Anyway, scoreline was what they deserved and i don't think too bad for us. Most important thing is a fit Rooney for the return leg. Everything crossed for that.

what's the prognosis on rooney? looked a nasty ankle turn that. hopefully for his and england's sake it's nothing trivial.

very funny stevie ... from the guy that will be hoping he scores a plenty in secret when WC comes around

what's the prognosis on rooney? looked a nasty ankle turn that. hopefully for his and england's sake it's nothing trivial.

very funny stevie ... from the guy that will be hoping he scores a plenty in secret when WC comes around

jamesy i want argentina to win the world cup with messi being beautiful and argentina to knock england out in the quarter-finals with a handballed goal from mascherano.

jamesy i want argentina to win the world cup with messi being beautiful and argentina to knock england out in the quarter-finals with a handballed goal from mascherano.

ok mate - we will hold you to that. :)

Yeah mate well i distinctly recall you stating here that you wanted Croatia to give England a lesson in football before we took to the field and thrashed them.

Moral of the story: wishes don't always come true*.

* Unless you're a United supporter - then they usually do**. :)

** Last night excepted. :D

Yeah mate well i distinctly recall you stating here that you wanted Croatia to give England a lesson in football before we took to the field and thrashed them.

heh. england's hopes for the summer seem to rest on the porky shoulders of one scouser, same as united's seem to. :D

Thought it was the most inept peformance since the mauling from Barcelona. Great start if somewhat lucky when Nanis cross clipped the defenders head onto Rooneys foot. After that United just lost their rythym and momentum and let Bayern dictate and the're no Barcelona apart from Riberry who is world class. I lost count of how many times United gave the ball away ,must have been 20. How often do United have only 40% possession ? Gary Nevilles hand ball was the last straw ,just what was he thinking ? Subsitutions, Fergie had to do something but it was almost like the players were thinking ,We'll be alright when we get them back to OT. Only good thing it could have been,quite easily, 4-1 except for the performance of United 40 year old keeper . VDS is playing as well now as he ever has. Latset on Rooney ,waiting for swelling to go down and then scans . Cant see any way he wil play against Chelsea which leaves Berbs , Macheda and Diouf as strikers.

Although they played poorly United shouldnt have lost.

Nani and Rooney missed great chances in the first half and there was Vidic's header that hit the crossbar near the end.

Only Gary Neville knows why he did that handball and what were Evra and Vidic doing in the last minute of injury time.....two bad goals to concede.

Bayern are a typical hardworking German side,nothing special,but United couldnt get the ball off them in the second half.

I thought Giggs should have come on earlier to steady things down and Nani should have been the first to be substituted....whats this collapsing holding his face everytime he is tackled ??

If Rooney is fit for the second leg United should go through....if not,it will be difficult....Berbatov as a lone striker,surely not !

I think it was a very predictable reaction to going away and getting a very early goal. Had we not scored, i think we would have played very differently. And i have no doubt that next week when they come to us we'll see a very different team.

The scoreline seems worse because they came from behind. Need to keep our heads up.

funny i seem to remember a month or so ago on another thread stevieH saying he wanted brazil to win the world cup!

Bayern really out worked us. Every time we had the ball there was a player in our faces. We did the same to them for the first 20 minutes but then dropped off too much and allowed them all the possession. Surely United should be able to keep up with them workrate-wise...?

I have to say the ref. was f*cking awful. Talk about killing the crap out of a game. He really did cause it to turn into a boring and scrappy affair. Every time anyone went to ground, or there was a slight coming together there was a freekick, on both sides of the ball. In the second half players started to cotton on and were going to ground at the slightest touch. Really terrible ref, i hope i never see him again.

And Olic...don't you just want to punch his face? With his Christiano Ronaldo 6-pack celebration...<deleted> off you muppet.

I have to say the ref. was f*cking awful. Talk about killing the crap out of a game. He really did cause it to turn into a boring and scrappy affair. Every time anyone went to ground, or there was a slight coming together there was a freekick, on both sides of the ball. In the second half players started to cotton on and were going to ground at the slightest touch. Really terrible ref, i hope i never see him again.

Funnily enough i'd almost forgotten about the ref and his performance, but you are absolutely right. I probably wasn't as pissed off as i should of been cos he seemed to be slightly more generous with us, re the cheap free kicks. It was daft though. Nani obviously was playing up to it.

And Olic...don't you just want to punch his face? With his Christiano Ronaldo 6-pack celebration...<deleted> off you muppet.

Punch his face? Yes, very much so. Celebrating like it was the winning goal of the tie - and then shaking hands with the ref when he got carded. Twunt. Still, will make it all the more satisfying when we beat them next week.

funny i seem to remember a month or so ago on another thread stevieH saying he wanted brazil to win the world cup!

i think i said i expect one of brasil or spain to win it. either would do me. argentina knocking england out with a handballed goal would be particularly sweet though.

i think i said i expect one of brasil or spain to win it. either would do me. argentina knocking england out with a handballed goal would be particularly sweet though.

i would have thought youd of preferred france to do that :D

i would have thought youd of preferred france to do that :)

anyone will do in all honesty.

in fact even better would be england going out with a john terry own goal or a wayne rooney missed penalty. the more heartbreak the better.

in fact even better would be england going out with a john terry own goal or a wayne rooney missed penalty. the more heartbreak the better.

ive got the ideal scenario for you

an england v spain final.

torres scores the equalising goal in the last minute of extra time, to take it to a penalty shoot out.

a brazilian and argentinian as the linesmen and a frenchman as the forth official.

it goes down to the fifth and last penalty where spain have scored all 5 and its up the stevie g to score the last of englands alloted 5.

he scores, but the irish referee makes him take it again. this time reina saves it and spain go on to lift the world cup.

ive got the ideal scenario for you

an england v spain final.

torres scores the equalising goal in the last minute of extra time, to take it to a penalty shoot out.

a brazilian and argentinian as the linesmen and a frenchman as the forth official.

it goes down to the fifth and last penalty where spain have scored all 5 and its up the stevie g to score the last of englands alloted 5.

he scores, but the irish referee makes him take it again. this time reina saves it and spain go on to lift the world cup.

nah i don't want england anywhere near the final. the hype and bullshit would be unbearable. quarter-final ignominy as per usual please.

nah i don't want england anywhere near the final. the hype and bullshit would be unbearable. quarter-final ignominy as per usual please.

What nationality are you stevie ? You can't be English because what you are saying is tantamount to treason :)

What nationality are you stevie ? You can't be English because what you are saying is tantamount to treason :)

half irish half english bojangles.

that aside though, asking me to get behind a team in the world cup which features ferdinand, terry, cole, lampard and rooney is just silly. i can't stand any one of the fuc_kers so why would i cheer on a team they're playing for?