Manchester United

redrus

The act of shirt pulling ,arm wrestling is for me as pathetic as diving. Its a cancer in the game that could be eliminated if it was an automatic yellow card. Look at corners now where players are more intent on playing the man than watching the flight of the ball. Last night was no different and Mascherano took the gamble and lost. Yes it was initially outside the box but the ref deemed it continued into the box. Will Torres face action for kicking the turf away from Rooneys penalty spot ?interesting ....and the increasingly petulant Torres needs a kick up the backside. too good a player to carry on with the nonsense

With the Champions league and the Chealsea game in mind,it might be a good idea to give him a rest.....i just hope we have enough firepower without him to score goals at the moment,this is the worry for winning the title again this year Rooney injury=win nothing.

With the Champions league and the Chealsea game in mind,it might be a good idea to give him a rest.....i just hope we have enough firepower without him to score goals at the moment,this is the worry for winning the title again this year Rooney injury=win nothing.

Even without Rooney, we still have a 30m pound striker so we should be ok, shouldn't we? :)

Even without Rooney, we still have a 30m pound striker so we should be ok, shouldn't we? :)

Rooney won't start IMO, but will be on the bench.

Even without Rooney, we still have a 30m pound striker so we should be ok, shouldn't we? :D

One day i hope Berbatov makes me eat my words,but i just can't see that happening....imagine having to rely on him to lead the line alone... :):D:D:D it scares me.

Even without Rooney, we still have a 30m pound striker so we should be ok, shouldn't we? :D

One day i hope Berbatov makes me eat my words,but i just can't see that happening....imagine having to rely on him to lead the line alone... :):D:D:D it scares me.

I think he's played very well for you, especially as he's been carrying an injury. Ask Rooney or SAF how well they think he's playing....

Man Utd supporters...you lot should have stayed supporting your local teams on the south coast :D:D

I think he's played very well for you, especially as he's been carrying an injury. Ask Rooney or SAF how well they think he's playing....

About the injury, my feeling is if a player is fit enough to play 90 minutes in a Premier League encounter, they are fit enough to perform. End of.

As for Rooney and SAF's comments, it's normal for team mates and managers of clubs to highlight the positives of other players and keep the negatives for behind closed doors.

Berba has done a job for us and there are positives to his game without doubt, but there's no getting away from the fact that more was expected. Even he himself admits to being frustrated by his form. It's a frustration we share.

Man Utd supporters...you lot should have stayed supporting your local teams on the south coast :D:D

We did better than that.... we moved to Thailand :D with all the wannabe reds,jealousy eh? ABU!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/t...utd/8588655.stm

Bad news for my TV set - four more years of me pounding my fist on it every weekend. :)

I must admit to similar feelings Rix, but then I said to myself I was wrong about Fletcher when Fergie kept playing him. Now I'm beginning to realise what he saw in the lad, so I guess we just have to trust Sir Alex's judgement on this one.

Perhaps that's why he's the gaffer and neither you or I are not.

(I don't think I could chew that much gum either.)

I must admit to similar feelings Rix, but then I said to myself I was wrong about Fletcher when Fergie kept playing him. Now I'm beginning to realise what he saw in the lad, so I guess we just have to trust Sir Alex's judgement on this one.

Perhaps that's why he's the gaffer and neither you or I are not.

(I don't think I could chew that much gum either.)

You're quite right mate. At the end of the day, the manager knows best.

That said...

with Fletcher, i too had my doubts - he just seemed too average, and i think in his early games, he was - gave the ball away too easily as well. SAF though saw the potential (as did some fans to their credit - Redrus for one) and he was given time to show his true worth.

With Nani it's not quite the same. He has, game after game, been worse than average. This season he did admittedly go on a two or three match hot streak before he got the three match ban, but all the games before and after have been the same old disappointment - errant passes, impressive darting runs down the wing followed by aimless, hit and hope type crosses into the box, highly optimistic shots at goal that abruptly end good build-ups, freekicks completely wasted, corner kicks that rarely ever get past the first defender... i could go on.

The other difference between Nani and Fletcher is that Fletcher's game started developing noticeably after his first season. Nani is into his fourth year, and with the exception of the odd game, have we really seen much in the way of progression?

I guess the only good thing you might say is that he is still young and time is on his side - SAF certainly is giving him ample oppurtunity to show his worth. I really hope he repays the manager, but i have grave doubts. We'll see.

Perhaps i should slag the guy off before every game if he plays like that!

A good performance from Nani, albeit against a team whose shoulders had dropped and were offering little resistance - i'm talking in the second half of course - first half they had a good go of it.

Now if he could do that consistently and against the big teams, then we'd really be on to something.

All in all, good performance all round and a relief to see we can still play and get results without Roo.

Berba at his nonchalant best!

And a big shout out to VDS who was awesome. Don't think there's been a better save all season than the one he palmed away from the top left.

Two massive games coming up now that will help define our season. Bring em on!

Perhaps i should slag the guy off before every game if he plays like that!

A good performance from Nani, albeit against a team whose shoulders had dropped and were offering little resistance - i'm talking in the second half of course - first half they had a good go of it.

Now if he could do that consistently and against the big teams, then we'd really be on to something.

All in all, good performance all round and a relief to see we can still play and get results without Roo.

Berba at his nonchalant best!

And a big shout out to VDS who was awesome. Don't think there's been a better save all season than the one he palmed away from the top left.

Two massive games coming up now that will help define our season. Bring em on!

quick question.

do you think vidic should have got his marching orders, for the challenge he made with his elbow on elmander?

quick question.

do you think vidic should have got his marching orders, for the challenge he made with his elbow on elmander?

This is going to sound Wenger-esque, but i have no recollection of the incident. It was early hours of the morning so my attention must have drifted - that's my excuse anyway! Too busy enjoying the goals perhaps.

Seriously though, i'd need to see it again. I take it you think he should have been sent off?

quick question.

This is going to sound Wenger-esque, but i have no recollection of the incident. It was early hours of the morning so my attention must have drifted - that's my excuse anyway! Too busy enjoying the goals perhaps.

Seriously though, i'd need to see it again. I take it you think he should have been sent off?

well the guy had plenty of claret pouring out all over the place, after the challenge.

Channel 3 or 7 tonight guys? Just looked on both respective websites for those channels and it just states Champion's League, not which game.

Channel 7 I hope cause that's the one with the English track. What time is the KO?

Channel 3 or 7 tonight guys? Just looked on both respective websites for those channels and it just states Champion's League, not which game.

Channel 7 I hope cause that's the one with the English track. What time is the KO?

Yeah what i hope too. Website says 2.30 am, so i guess a 2.45 kick off time.

So anyone know what channel?

Yeah what i hope too. Website says 2.30 am, so i guess a 2.45 kick off time.

So anyone know what channel?

Do you only get one of the channels mate? :)

I have been trying to figure out the time its on here. Websites say its to start at 745pm uk time, and if its 230 pm there now (is it?), that's only 5 hours from.

With my limited math skills that makes ko around 145 am here? Doesn't seem right to me.

Edited by bkkjames

I have been trying to figure out the time its on here. Websites say its to start at 745pm uk time, and if its 230 pm there now (is it?), that's only 5 hours from.

With my limited math skills that makes ko around 1245 am here? Doesn't seem right to me.

That's why I put the heads up thread re the change of time in U.K.

Now 6 hour difference.

Game should kick-off 1:45 am Thai Time or 01:45 hrs if you're on a 24 hr clock........ :)

UK now - 6 hrs after the weekend change to summer time. Kick off at 01:45 Thai local.

I hope it's the channel with the English commentary... I don't how much "Looney...Looney..Looney.." I can take otherwise.

That said; Come on United!

(quick edit to reflect my tardy reply; all answered above)

Edited by echobono

It's on Channel 3 tonight according to http://www.redarmyfc.com/home.html

โปรแกรมการแข่งขัน

บาเยิร์น มิวนิค Bayern Munich

vs

แมนเชสเตอร์ ยูไนเต็ด Manchester United

บาเยิร์น มิวนิค

แมนเชสเตอร์ ยูไนเต็ด

vs

สนาม อัลลิอันซ์ อารีน่า, เยอรมันนี

รายการ ยูฟ่า แชมเปี้ยนส์ ลีก

เวลา 01.45 น.

วัน พุธที่ 31 มีนาคม 2553 (คืนวันอังคาร)

ถ่ายทอดสด ช่อง 3 Channel 3