Manchester United

redrus

For those that say we have no style and been lucky, well I personally think the last month we have played some fantastic football and we are playing as a team with every player knowing his job, we are a very hard team to beat now and a few more adjustments we will be challenging for the league next season.

Well deserved win and champions league football is nearly in the bag.

can't disagree with that Nev, its been quite a transformation. I do think that the Mata Herrera inclusion finally was the catalyst but whether i'm right or not, kudos the the last months performances.

• Like 1

For those that say we have no style and been lucky, well I personally think the last month we have played some fantastic football and we are playing as a team with every player knowing his job, we are a very hard team to beat now and a few more adjustments we will be challenging for the league next season.

can't disagree with that Nev, its been quite a transformation. I do think that the Mata Herrera inclusion finally was the catalyst but whether i'm right or not, kudos the the last months performances.

Praise indeed Carmine well done.................didn,t hurt did it tongue.png and maybe you just might give some (a little) to LVG..............but then again sad.png

Praise indeed Carmine well done.................didn,t hurt did it tongue.png and maybe you just might give some (a little) to LVG..............but then again sad.png

I'll have to think a little more about praise for LvG. Still trying to decide whether the inclusion of those two was a wish or more of a forced change.

The two he definitely takes credit for are Fellaini and Young. Your goalkeeping coach should also take great praise for the fantastic season that DeGea has had. My choice, along with Eden Hazard for player of the season.

I'll have to think a little more about praise for LvG. Still trying to decide whether the inclusion of those two was a wish or more of a forced change.

The two he definitely takes credit for are Fellaini and Young. Your goalkeeping coach should also take great praise for the fantastic season that DeGea has had. My choice, along with Eden Hazard for player of the season.

LVG or anyone else taking over management of a football club needs time and luck..........he arrived with his own ideas about how the game should be played and gave the players that he had inherited the opportunity to fit into a playing style that they would become comfortable with...........maybe now he has found it- who knows? what I like about the man is that names or transfer cost means nothing to him-if your doing it on the pitch that,s all that matters- and rightly so.It took SAF 5 years before he became successfull-that will never happen again at a big club because the amount of money washing around football today doesn,t allow for patience and understanding results are all (too) important.You mention De Gea as player of the season but when he first joined United the pundits ridiculed him at first....how times change.Playing for a club of Uniteds stature and the expectations thereof is not easy as Fellaini discovered last season but great credit to him he,s stuck in there and now he,s showing the form that he showed week in and out at Everton (I,ve seen him murder United on his own on severall occasions against us in the past) he will never be a skillfull player such as Hazard/Silva but used to his strengths just as effective-its all about the manager putting round pegs into round holes and having some luck along the way.............as in life we all need thumbsup.gif

yep nuts . they work in the same industry <deleted> . this 'corporate' paranoia around social media is getting out off hand.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Bit of a kick in the guts for United at LVG's press conference via club web site I was expecting Carrick not to make it but also injured Jones , Rojo and Blind, thanks to the Kompany tackle.

All will miss the Chelsea match. Shaw is available.After a relatively quite time on the injury front its come back to loss of players at just the wrong time.

Evans is of course still unavailable. Central pairing ?

Bit of a kick in the guts for United at LVG's press conference via club web site I was expecting Carrick not to make it but also injured Jones , Rojo and Blind, thanks to the Kompany tackle.

All will miss the Chelsea match. Shaw is available.After a relatively quite time on the injury front its come back to loss of players at just the wrong time.

Evans is of course still unavailable. Central pairing ?

smailing, Valencia, Shaw and hope

Shaw left back. Smalling paired with either McNair/Blackett. Rooney & Herrera instead of Carrick & Herrera. Falcao up top instead of Rooney. Young, Fellaini, Mata, Valencia keep their places. ADM second half.

^

Looks like it, bloody injury jinx again, just when the tide was turning.

Maybe the good feeling vibe will carry us on, but it couldn't have been a tougher fixture.

redrus

Edited by redrus

We may have lost but the signs are there we are going in the right direction, pity Carrick was out and we had to play Rooney in midfield,he did ok but he is not a midfielder and should have played up top.

McNair had a great game and so did Shaw,Falcao failed to impress again.

We may have lost but the signs are there we are going in the right direction, pity Carrick was out and we had to play Rooney in midfield,he did ok but he is not a midfielder and should have played up top.

McNair had a great game and so did Shaw,Falcao failed to impress again.

Its the old cliche "a fine line between winning and losing, or at least getting a point".I thought like most people at the ground that Rooney had buried that shot in the first half.Falcao hit the post.

Hazard is the only Chelsea player that would have scored that goal.

I think United showed enough to be major force next season, its a far cry from the team that got beaten my Leicester,Swansea,drew with Sutherland and Burnley at the start of the season.People forget that.

I really don't see the need to go and buy a lot of players.Thought the much maligned defence were excellent.Shaw was dominant down the left hand side ,Mc Nair is still only a kid and don't discount him becoming a mid fielder in the future he has played there in reserves many times and has a thunderous shot.Smalling is improving with each game if only he and Jones could stay fit that's a centre pairing that has a lot of legs left.

Falcao got very little service he made runs into the channels and never received the ball.He may never be the player he was but his 20 minute cameos in past games are not enough to get back to where he once was.

Need a couple of wins to secure that top 4 position,nothing is guranteed as Arsenal found out last night

Did I hit a nerve peter? I've put the original quote back in for you. wink.png You stated that you started watching United as a 13yr old. I was simply asking who did you support before that because when I was a 13yr old every schoolboy had already got their colours truly nailed to their chest for years.

Well done on the win yesterday BTW

BJ

I was fortunate as a kid living in an area just 30 minutes away from clubs such as Burnley (what a side they had in the 60,s) Bolton/Bury/Oldham/Rochdale/City and United, and my dad was a coach driver (charabang,s in them days) so I used to tag along with him when he took the football special,s I went along- free ride and entrance into the ground in those days-I remember Newcastle in the second division coming for a night match at Gigg Lane-there must have been a dozen coaches from Newcastle in the car park-can you remember the Lancashire Senior Cup competition? maybe not but Burnley played their old enemies Blackburn at Turf Moor in the competition,night match again and there were 35,000+ in the ground so in my early years I was happy to watch any football with no particular allegiance to anyone-then before the start of the 61/62 season Matt Busby paid £115,000 to Torino for Denis Law that was the catalyst for my support. thumbsup.gif

Sounds good, except United didnt buy him until 62-63. But as it appears you are approaching 70, I understand its possible to get facts from 55 yrs ago a bit mixed up.smile.png .

Still a 60s version of fairweather supporter. You supported a team because they had just bought Britains most expensive footballerwhistling.gif .

Did I hit a nerve peter? I've put the original quote back in for you. wink.png You stated that you started watching United as a 13yr old. I was simply asking who did you support before that because when I was a 13yr old every schoolboy had already got their colours truly nailed to their chest for years.

Well done on the win yesterday BTW

BJ

I was fortunate as a kid living in an area just 30 minutes away from clubs such as Burnley (what a side they had in the 60,s) Bolton/Bury/Oldham/Rochdale/City and United, and my dad was a coach driver (charabang,s in them days) so I used to tag along with him when he took the football special,s I went along- free ride and entrance into the ground in those days-I remember Newcastle in the second division coming for a night match at Gigg Lane-there must have been a dozen coaches from Newcastle in the car park-can you remember the Lancashire Senior Cup competition? maybe not but Burnley played their old enemies Blackburn at Turf Moor in the competition,night match again and there were 35,000+ in the ground so in my early years I was happy to watch any football with no particular allegiance to anyone-then before the start of the 61/62 season Matt Busby paid £115,000 to Torino for Denis Law that was the catalyst for my support. thumbsup.gif

Sounds good, except United didnt buy him until 62-63. But as it appears you are approaching 70, I understand its possible to get facts from 55 yrs ago a bit mixed up.smile.png .

Still a 60s version of fairweather supporter. You supported a team because they had just bought Britains most expensive footballerwhistling.gif .

What a condescending (ar _ _ _ _ _ e) person you are thumbsup.gif

Think we should have gambled and played McNair in Midfield, Rooney up top again has be part of the revolution and losing 1-0 like that might as well lost by 2 or 3 but I sincerely think we wouldn't have would possibly have won it.

redrus

• Like 2

Congrats to FC United of Manchester for getting promotion in to the Conference North, which is the 6th tier of English football. They seem to be doing really well, good luck to them.

I think they are now in the same league as Stockport county, who not so long ago was city's local derby,oh and how fortunes can change.
  • Like 2

Think we should have gambled and played McNair in Midfield, Rooney up top again has be part of the revolution and losing 1-0 like that might as well lost by 2 or 3 but I sincerely think we wouldn't have would possibly have won it.

redrus

Couldn't agree more with this and i think they would have loved it seeing Rooney back in the midfield.

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1

Its only a game lads not life and death..............ooh and happy St Georges day thumbsup.gif.pagespeed.ce.dtxKiAJ9C7KD27 bloody hell no Union Jack smiley

should hope not too. unless you're deliberately trying to antagonise our scottish and welsh brethren.

Its only a game lads not life and death..............ooh and happy St Georges day thumbsup.gif.pagespeed.ce.dtxKiAJ9C7KD27 bloody hell no Union Jack smiley

should hope not too. unless you're deliberately trying to antagonise our scottish and welsh brethren.

Absolutely. On this day, this is the one we want

flag-of-england.gif

flag-of-england.gif

Agreed, should be flown high and proud, even though I am a Aussie citizen now I am still proud to be English.

flag-of-england.gif

Keegan with a skinhead.

flag-of-england.gif

Where did you get that BJ...............I couldn,t find one or is it a case of its not what you know but who you are clap2.gif

thanks anyhow thumbsup.gif