Manchester United

redrus

why do my posts have ads attached to them. George, do I get a commission mate?

Tell us more James about these single Thai ladies you are flogging.

Bloody hel_l Rix, I didn't realise james was into "flogging", I guess he must be a regular at that place I heard about on Soi 33. :)

Secondly, why are they sites for dating and for TEFL courses? James, are you trying to tell us something? :)

Apparently I have been hanging around the topics frequented by Ian Forbes (think about it). :D

Secondly, why are they sites for dating and for TEFL courses? James, are you trying to tell us something? :)

Apparently I have been hanging around the topics frequented by Ian Forbes (think about it). :D

:D

Bloody hel_l Rix, I didn't realise james was into "flogging", I guess he must be a regular at that place I heard about on Soi 33. :)

I've seen a few old mares down that way, but never dead horses.

Been meaning to drop into this place you mention but for some reason I keep getting tied up and never make it.

Bloody hel_l Rix, I didn't realise james was into "flogging", I guess he must be a regular at that place I heard about on Soi 33. :D

Been meaning to drop into this place you mention but for some reason I keep getting tied up and never make it.

Not sure if theY allow smoking in there. :)

Bloody hel_l Rix, I didn't realise james was into "flogging", I guess he must be a regular at that place I heard about on Soi 33. :D

not surprised this happen....

Referee Chris Foy mistook Fabio da Silva for identical twin brother Rafael and booked the former instead of the latter in Manchester United's 2-0 Carling Cup victory over Barnsley on Tuesday. United will ask for Fabio's yellow card to be transferred to fellow defender Rafael.

not surprised this happen....

Referee Chris Foy mistook Fabio da Silva for identical twin brother Rafael and booked the former instead of the latter in Manchester United's 2-0 Carling Cup victory over Barnsley on Tuesday. United will ask for Fabio's yellow card to be transferred to fellow defender Rafael.

The conversation seems to have taken an abrupt turn.

Tell us more James about these single Thai ladies you are flogging.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, sorry i didn't mean to say anything... :)

:D

something we all agree on. (hopefully)

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson slams international friendly 'intrusion'

Fergie lets fly over meaningless galmour games...

Sir Alex Ferguson has not allowed his improper conduct charge to silence him, with the Manchester United boss now having issued a thinly-veiled criticism of the Football Association's decision to schedule England's friendly international against Brazil in Qatar in a fortnight.

The Three Lions squad will make the 6,500-mile round trip to play the Selecao in Doha on November 14.

And while the Scot insisted he had no problem with "important international games", he lamented "the intrusion of a friendly game in some unknown country" in the middle of the season.

"You want them [the players] to play in the important international games, it's important to them and I want them to play," Ferguson said, according to The Daily Mirror. "It's the friendly matches that are the problem.

"It's a coach's nightmare, especially if you are in the middle of a European campaign and going for cups and titles.

"You have all these fixtures and you have the intrusion of a friendly game in some unknown country, so that is a definite thorn in everyone's flesh."

Ferguson risked putting himself in further trouble by suggesting that football associations merely organised some friendlies as easy revenue-earners.

"All international managers have their jobs to do and we support that, particularly when it comes to the issues of competitive games, ie the European Championships or the World Cup," he added.

"I think that some of them actually could do without the friendly games themselves, but the FAs from every country warn them that sometimes it's a nice day for them, a nice trip for them, a sunny day, and in some cases it creates good revenue for them. So you can understand it."

Bloody idiotic schedule considering we are in the league season. This is just an example of the FA prostituting itself out to get extra incomes in to make up for all the lost revenues they have from mismanagement. :)

something we all agree on. (hopefully)

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson slams international friendly 'intrusion'

Fergie lets fly over meaningless galmour games...

Sir Alex Ferguson has not allowed his improper conduct charge to silence him, with the Manchester United boss now having issued a thinly-veiled criticism of the Football Association's decision to schedule England's friendly international against Brazil in Qatar in a fortnight.

The Three Lions squad will make the 6,500-mile round trip to play the Selecao in Doha on November 14.

And while the Scot insisted he had no problem with "important international games", he lamented "the intrusion of a friendly game in some unknown country" in the middle of the season.

"You want them [the players] to play in the important international games, it's important to them and I want them to play," Ferguson said, according to The Daily Mirror. "It's the friendly matches that are the problem.

"It's a coach's nightmare, especially if you are in the middle of a European campaign and going for cups and titles.

"You have all these fixtures and you have the intrusion of a friendly game in some unknown country, so that is a definite thorn in everyone's flesh."

Ferguson risked putting himself in further trouble by suggesting that football associations merely organised some friendlies as easy revenue-earners.

"All international managers have their jobs to do and we support that, particularly when it comes to the issues of competitive games, ie the European Championships or the World Cup," he added.

"I think that some of them actually could do without the friendly games themselves, but the FAs from every country warn them that sometimes it's a nice day for them, a nice trip for them, a sunny day, and in some cases it creates good revenue for them. So you can understand it."

Ferguson has probably cost Man. Utd. a tremendous amount of support and revenue in the Arab world by his thinly veiled reference to Qatar as"playing a friendly international in some unknown country".They are very sensitive people in that part of the world.I bet the United board are ecstatic.I can see some more backtracking by old Motormouth in the near future.

Ferguson has probably cost Man. Utd. a tremendous amount of support and revenue in the Arab world by his thinly veiled reference to Qatar as"playing a friendly international in some unknown country".They are very sensitive people in that part of the world.I bet the United board are ecstatic.I can see some more backtracking by old Motormouth in the near future.

I agree, not a very diplomatic thing to have said, but the Qatarians probably regard Scotland in the same way. :)

I agree, not a very diplomatic thing to have said, but the Qatarians probably regard Scotland in the same way. :)

The difference is,a Qatari might think of Scotland this way but wouldn't say it.Anyway,it's not only Qatar but Saudi Arabia et al he should be concerned about.These people will take this as a collective insult.He might get away with riding roughshod over lowly referees like Alan Wiley but he's shown himself to be a dinosaur when talking about the politics of international football.

The difference is,a Qatari might think of Scotland this way but wouldn't say it.

How do you know that? I'm sure there must be at least a few brash, red-nosed, outspoken Qatarians amongst those good people.

These people will take this as a collective insult.

Nah, i think you flatter Sir Alex by thinking that people around the globe are hanging on his every word or really give a toss what some manager is saying in the back pages. All pretty meaningless stuff. Hardly a cause of soured international relations i would think, although i'm sure SAF would like to think he's that important!

Fergie just texted this to me after I rang him about his latest press conference :-

The Emir of Qatar was on a visit to China.

Emir: What's the population of China?

Chinese president: 1 billion. What about Qatar?

Emir: 200,000

Chinese president: And in which hotel are they staying?

He's a funny old fellow....... :)

The difference is,a Qatari might think of Scotland this way but wouldn't say it.

How do you know that? I'm sure there must be at least a few brash, red-nosed, outspoken Qatarians amongst those good people.

These people will take this as a collective insult.

Nah, i think you flatter Sir Alex by thinking that people around the globe are hanging on his every word or really give a toss what some manager is saying in the back pages. All pretty meaningless stuff. Hardly a cause of soured international relations i would think, although i'm sure SAF would like to think he's that important!

How do I know?Well,narrowing the field to the footballing fraternity, it would impossible to find a more obnoxious individual in Qatar than him.Incidently, Ferguson isn't only "some manager" but happens to be the boss of one of the best supported football clubs in the world.

Another footballing cliche to add to the list courtesy of Ferguson"..........some unknown country,so that is a DEFINITE thorn in EVERYONE'S flesh". How does he know?

Incidently, Ferguson isn't only "some manager" but happens to be the boss of one of the best supported football clubs in the world.

I was aware, but thanks for the reminder.

At the end of the day, his quote might appear in a few back pages, but come tomorrow those pages will be wrapping cod and chips and forgotten about and the people of Qatar will be getting on with their lives much the same as before.

Moving on....

Is it just my imagination or have kick off times for Premier League fixtures got later this season?

I'm not talking about the clocks going back by the way.

Before the clocks went back there were quite a few United games kicking off at the unsociable hour of 11.30 pm. And now the clocks have gone back, it's a 12.30am kick off, which i hate.

I thought previous seasosn they not only kicked off earlier, but also kicked off on the hour, not on the half hour.

Moving on....

Is it just my imagination or have kick off times for Premier League fixtures got later this season?

I'm not talking about the clocks going back by the way.

Before the clocks went back there were quite a few United games kicking off at the unsociable hour of 11.30 pm. And now the clocks have gone back, it's a 12.30am kick off, which i hate.

I thought previous seasosn they not only kicked off earlier, but also kicked off on the hour, not on the half hour.

No mate, we are just getting older.

Good training session last night, should have had at least 4 goals.

Depite his obvious first match nerves, obertan looks 5x better than nani, thankfully.

No mate, we are just getting older.

LOL. Yeah, must be what it is.

Speaking of getting old, i'm cherishing my last few years of there being a few players on the pitch older than me. Gives me hope! With this is mind, fingers crossed we get a few more years out of VDS.

Depite his obvious first match nerves, obertan looks 5x better than nani, thankfully.

Yeah, he did look a little like a rabbit in the lights didn't he. But he brought an extra bit of tempo we had lacked, and seemed to quite easily get around the back. Bit more composure and perhaps pack on a few pounds (he looks a bit gangely to me), and the potential is certainly there.

Icing on the cake would have been Owen slotting home at the end. Still, mustn't be greedy, must we?!

The main kick-off times for TV games are 12:45 and 5:30pm on Saturdays, 1:30 and 4:00pm on Sundays, and 8:00pm on Mondays. Additional Sunday games may kick-off before 1:30 or at 3:00 as circumstances warrant, such as to minimize fixture congestion for teams competing in Europe (teams who played a UEFA Cup match on the previous Thursday will normally play on Sunday, whether the match is televised or not). Generally, very few local rivalry games will kick-off at 5:15 on Saturday or 4:00 on Sunday to minimize the potential for crowd trouble. Many local police forces favour earlier starts for these games because they would occur soon after pubs open, reducing the chance for alcohol to be consumed before the game.

So there you 'ave it. But I have noticed more of a congestion of some Premiership games kicking-off later this season. But I'm glad that they've at least dropped the old straw dog about wanting lower league club the benefit of attracting bigger crowds. As if Sky and the rest give a monky's about football outside of the global franchise.

Obertan is one goofy looking guy, he runs like daffy duck but somehow manages to go to get some speed, his finishing is woeful, and what's going on with his head??

But you just get a sense that there could be something special there. Nani has been given chance after chance, and he's just never going to be special...maybe give this kid a few games and see what he's got, he really needs work on his shooting though, it's embarrassing.

Obertan is one goofy looking guy, he runs like daffy duck but somehow manages to go to get some speed, his finishing is woeful, and what's going on with his head??

But you just get a sense that there could be something special there. Nani has been given chance after chance, and he's just never going to be special...maybe give this kid a few games and see what he's got, he really needs work on his shooting though, it's embarrassing.

Dave, the kid probably <deleted> himself with the sitter is pulled wide. Only 20 mins in the premier league, give him a few games to calm down. Afterall, it took Anderson 2.5 years to score. :)