Manchester United

redrus

its been a while since I visited

so thought Id come check out whats happening in here .........

ermmm hello boys :)

Migsy, I seem to recall that you were like 8 points up a couple years back in December, then collapsed. 38 games, remember this fact. :D

its been a while since I visited

so thought Id come check out whats happening in here .........

ermmm hello boys :D

Mig... :)

Welcome to the Theatre of Dreams, please may I be your guide and invite you to view our trophy room, Rix I'm sure will be pleased to run you through the hospitality suites and Mr.Toad will no doubt give you an in depth look at the lads changing room and boot-lockers. :D

3 Hail "In Fergie We Trust" at the completion of the tour is requested

:D

Welcome to the Theatre of Dreams, please may I be your guide and invite you to view our trophy room, Rix I'm sure will be pleased to run you through the hospitality suites and Mr.Toad will no doubt give you an in depth look at the lads changing room and boot-lockers. :)

3 Hail "In Fergie We Trust" at the completion of the tour is requested

Appreciate the job you've given me mate but i'm sure Miggsy isn't that sort of a girl. :D Or is my vivid imagination causing a misunderstanding of what my duties are to be?

P.S. Could you really not find any work for James or Rus?

Just watched Football Focus on which, when discussing Man United's weaknesses, Jamie Reeves stated that Rooney was many things but not a great finisher. What utter <deleted>.... in my humble opinion.

What do you guys think about his finishing?

He is and he isnt.

Got to disagree with you mate. When Rooney has a chance on goal, he's one of the few players that you just know will score. The trouble of late has been that his chances have been half chances at best - and most of those half chances he has made himself.

Rooney is an excellent finisher when infront of goal. You'd never see him fluff the chances that Owen and Berba have fluffed this season...however you also hardly ever see him in those finishing positions that Owen gets into. I think Rooney needs to work a lot more on getting himself into scoring positions. He needs to be one making the runs instead of the one playing the through balls...

Probably working down the mines at 14 y.o., and killed in the mud, muck and horror that was WWI..........Oh how things have changed.

Yes a well thought out article I thought.

Yup, times have changed, one of the main reasons I stopped supporting football and after that even following it, to a great extent.

Rooney is an excellent finisher when infront of goal. You'd never see him fluff the chances that Owen and Berba have fluffed this season...however you also hardly ever see him in those finishing positions that Owen gets into. I think Rooney needs to work a lot more on getting himself into scoring positions. He needs to be one making the runs instead of the one playing the through balls...

Agreed, but then i think what we are talking about is a matter of him getting into a more advanced position, and that is to a large extent dictated to by the manager. Questioning his finishing is i think very unfair.

At times perhaps he needs to be more selfish. Take on shots himself and not lay off passes to others (esp Nani!) so much.

guys - I just noticed the tags for this thread

cmon guys, lets not take it too far shall we

Im going to have to delete some of them. the tags are suppose to be for practical purpose. I know you all enjoy your banter....but we have to draw the line somewhere :)

guys - I just noticed the tags for this thread

cmon guys, lets not take it too far shall we

Im going to have to delete some of them. the tags are suppose to be for practical purpose. I know you all enjoy your banter....but we have to draw the line somewhere :D

Honest Gov, Its a fair cop - okay - it was Mr Bo - that done it - :D

Re Rooney I think a great finisher - I just wish he was Scottish :)

BT :D

Just watched Football Focus on which, when discussing Man United's weaknesses, Jamie Reeves stated that Rooney was many things but not a great finisher. What utter <deleted>.... in my humble opinion.

He is just like Liverpool.................when good, bloody brilliant, but when bad, absolute crap.

He is just like Liverpool.................when good, bloody brilliant, but when bad, absolute crap.

Absolute crap and Liverpool? ... well you may be on to something. :)Absolute crap and Rooney?... nah, he's never had a crap game, let alone an absolute crap game. Average is the lowest you will see him sink, and that's an extremely rare occurance.

Edited by rixalex

Absolute crap and Liverpool? ... well you may be on to something. :)Absolute crap and Rooney?... nah, he's never had a crap game, let alone an absolute crap game. Average is the lowest you will see him sink, and that's an extremely rare occurance.

You must mean when he plays for England.

( I don't count penalty shoot outs)

Quite right.. neither do i.. err, except for Champions League Finals. :D

:) nice one Rix, made me chuckle that

lets hope John Terry does not have to take one if England get to the final (highly unlikely)

Club first

England??????????????

FC- as for Rooney come on, type sense will ya, but there again you are a Chelsea fan :D

Nani reveals Fergie fury

Winger on life at Old Trafford

Last updated: 12th November 2009

Manchester United winger Nani has revealed just how tough life can be under Sir Alex Ferguson.

In an in-depth interview with Portuguese newspaper 'I' - the United flyer reveals how quickly Ferguson can turn.

But he admits that Ferguson does not just pick on certain players and that United legends Ryan Giggs and Gary Neville are often on the end of his tirades.

"Ferguson is a very complicated man," he stated.

"He's tough. If things are all right, then they are all right. But when he thinks something is wrong, everything is screwed.

"He can go from complimenting you to just plain trashing you in a matter of minutes. Has it happened to me? hel_l, yes! He'll say 'Nani, how could you miss this or this'?"

"He shouts at players in front of everyone. No one escapes, everybody is the same. Giggs and Neville suffer most, because they have more experience. It is '<deleted>' here and '<deleted>' there."

Mismanaged

And in what could rile Ferguson more than anything, Nani agreed with the interviewer that he was being a little 'mismanaged' by United.

"I think so, but there is still a long way in the championship remaining, but I did not play the important matches, against Liverpool, Manchester City or Tottenham," he said.

"Not playing these games, I am a bit sad :) - but I also played with an injury so let's see if things improve.

"People expect more from me and it's not easy. But they are also not doing what they said they were going to.

"I know it would be better if I scored more goals.

"I can have a spectacular game but nobody guarantees me I will be starting the next match. (WHEN WAS THIS GAME NANI?) It shatters your confidence."

Despite some negative comments, Nani insisted he was not looking to leave Old Trafford.

"No, no," he said. "I don't even think about that."

"I can have a spectacular game but nobody guarantees me I will be starting the next match. (WHEN WAS THIS GAME NANI?)

:)

I too have those sorts of dreams of playing spectacularly for United... then i wake up.

Despite some negative comments, Nani insisted he was not looking to leave Old Trafford.

"No, no," he said. "I don't even think about that."

You're the only one it seems then mate. :D

^

Funny mate..... :)

Laurent Blanc lined up to succeed Sir Alex Ferguson as Manchester United boss

Published 22:45 14/11/09 By Simon Mullock@ Mirror Football

Laurent Blanc has emerged to top the Manchester United short-list of managers to succeed Sir Alex Ferguson.

Sunday Mirror Sport can reveal that the Frenchman’s incredible record at Bordeaux has put him firmly in the frame to follow Fergie – ahead of Jose Mourinho and Carlos Queiroz.

The belief at Old Trafford is that Ferguson will remain in charge until at least the end of next season – health permitting.

But Blanc, who ended his glittering playing career with a two-year stint at United, is now firmly established as the club’s No.1 choice.

Chief executive David Gill and United legend Sir Bobby Charlton have been tasked with selecting candidates capable of filling the massive void that will be left when Ferguson steps down.

They will call on Ferguson’s massive wealth of football knowledge in that hunt – and the United boss is a big admirer of his former centre-back.

A United insider said: “Replacing Sir Alex will be the toughest job since Matt Busby left the club.

“It isn’t just about winning at United. It’s about playing the game the right way and upholding the traditions.

“There is a lot of admiration at Old Trafford for the job Blanc has done at Bordeaux and the style of play he has imposed.

“It is no secret at the club that he became close to Sir Alex when he was a United player. There is still a lot of mutual respect.”

Ferguson has twice tried to lure Blanc to work alongside him at United.

In the summer of 2008, after the Frenchman had guided Bordeaux into the Champions League by finishing second in Ligue One in his first season at the Parc Lescure, Ferguson asked him to replace Portugal-bound Queiroz as his No.2.

Blanc opted to remain at Bordeaux – and decided to do the same when Ferguson came calling again last January.

Bordeaux won the French League for the first time in a decade last season and are top of the table again this season.

Blanc has enhanced his reputation further by taking Bordeaux into the knock-out stages of the Champions League despite a tough group.

But when United came calling for a second time, in the New Year, the Frenchman said: “Two years experience isn’t enough for the top English jobs.

“My ideal career path would be to start in France, then manage abroad, and then return to head the French national team.”

Ferguson, who will celebrate his 68th birthday on New Year’s Eve, failed three times in efforts to sign Blanc when the Frenchman was recognised as one of the most gifted defenders in world football, before finally succeeding in 2001.

Blanc’s final season as a player saw him take the 2003 Premier League title with United, but he had spells at Barcelona and Inter Milan, and with France he lifted the World Cup and European Championship.

During his time at Old Trafford he would have regular talks with Ferguson about coaching methods and tactics.

Blanc signed a two-year contract extension with Bordeaux earlier this year – but the deal is believed to include a get-out clause that would allow him to leave if he

was offered a big job from abroad.

He will turn 44 on Thursday – the same age Ferguson was when he arrived from Aberdeen to become the most successful manager in United’s history.

redrus

Laurent Blanc has emerged to top the Manchester United short-list of managers to succeed Sir Alex Ferguson.

I'd prefer someone a little more proven, personally.

I would honestly prefer him to many others, who are far more "proven" so to speak. Such as Mourinho. I originally preferred Guus Hiddink and still do. Larry has the nous, intelligence, forward thinking attack mentality, all from the mind of one of thee most astute defenders the world has ever seen.

He also states, he would prefer a few more years anyway and, I reckon Fergie still has two seasons left, after this campaign. I'm glad to see a real footballing mind connected with the job for once.

redrus

I would honestly prefer him to many others, who are far more "proven" so to speak. Such as Mourinho. I originally preferred Guus Hiddink and still do. Larry has the nous, intelligence, forward thinking attack mentality, all from the mind of one of thee most astute defenders the world has ever seen.

He also states, he would prefer a few more years anyway and, I reckon Fergie still has two seasons left, after this campaign. I'm glad to see a real footballing mind connected with the job for once.

redrus

Nicely put RR, I second your thoughts, and feel that this is a positive step in preparing for the transfer of leadership when the time comes.

...but will Man United adopt a Blanc Look ?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/t...utd/8361597.stm

I'm third choice for United yet I'm playing for my country," said Foster

Don't delude yourself lad. If everyone is fit you'd be lucky to even be third choice for England. And the guys above you are crap too.

"I thought I started off well but then there was a period of two or three games where I made a few mistakes," added Foster.

It wasn't just the mistakes that he made - all keepers make them - it was the rabbit in the headlights way he was beginning to look on the field. Got to the point where you even worried about back-passes slipping through his legs.

I know you're a big fan Rus, and maybe he does have it in him, but at United, unless your name is Nani, you don't get too many chances - he may have used his up.

redrus

Nicely put RR, I second your thoughts, and feel that this is a positive step in preparing for the transfer of leadership when the time comes.

...but will Man United adopt a Blanc Look ?

Haha, its a long shot but it might just work Captain.... :D

redrus