Manchester United

redrus

I can't see Vidic being risked against your lot,Smalling and Brown most probably

Big 2 weeks and it will be very interesting what the maestro picks...whatever it will be difficult! it always is

Hernandez will probably be on the bench...........but will come on and score :D

Saw United at Soldier Fields in 2004 good day! and a great trip.

Top City that, i was there for the England Tour a couple of days after the Liverpool/Istanbul Game, i've lived there for a while too back in 2000 i think - 2002..

A few Pals of mine ( Scouse ) came straight from Istanbul via everywhere for that, then we went back to London for our Play Off Final then back to New York for England V Colombia, then back to Thailand for me..

Madness, thems were the days..:D

Still feel the performance of Rooney,over the next few games, is paramount for United to finish the season on top. If he could recapture the form he showed last year,over 30 goals, could make the difference between success and failure. Recent form has been patchy.One mminute you think he is back on song and then its gone again,especialy when he plays for England.

Looks like we will have a good strong side out today now

Vidic is playing and Park and Anderson look like they are both fit!

Valencia hopefully will get a run with most probably Giggs and Scholes rested for the Chealsea game....and Chico :D

Always a good game and really looking forward to this, 2 wins and we are all but home i think :P

Looks like we will have a good strong side out today now

Vidic is playing and Park and Anderson look like they are both fit!

Valencia hopefully will get a run with most probably Giggs and Scholes rested for the Chealsea game....and Chico :D

Always a good game and really looking forward to this, 2 wins and we are all but home i think :P

Scholes is supended which is a good thing..I'd rather face Anderson/Carrick than him in the middle..

I doubt Fergie will go with Valencia & Nani either aye as with our Central Three, we could get you there..

Will be a good Game undoubtedly, 1-2 Away Team i'll go.

What a disaster 2 nil down and not even half time yet :realangry:

Could easily have been a third and with Vidic being sent off.

Well bang goes my Banker. :bah:

BT :jap:

BIGTOE3, in all his glory, summed up completely in one whole post..:D

Execept for the middle bit which he was bang on with..;)

yeah man,,,,,,we are just that good !

Still feel the performance of Rooney,over the next few games, is paramount for United to finish the season on top. If he could recapture the form he showed last year,over 30 goals, could make the difference between success and failure. Recent form has been patchy.One mminute you think he is back on song and then its gone again,especialy when he plays for England.

HE WAS <deleted> TODAY BUT STILL GOT ON THE GOAL SHEET!

I love it when we go behind

To right mate watched it in the cheers bar in sydney full of abu's all laughing at united going two down all the sweeter when you are dancing around celebrating.

Love being red and i love the way we never do it the easy way.

And the other results ent our way today too.

I love it when we go behind

To right mate watched it in the cheers bar in sydney full of abu's all laughing at united going two down all the sweeter when you are dancing around celebrating.

Count your lucky stars you were wrapped around Australians & not me if you were dancing around like a Mushroom near me Nev..:D

yeah man,,,,,,we are just that good !

What did you think of the Refereeing decision not to send Vidic off at 2-0 then Mr out of curiosity ??

Well Well, what a great win ...... :D I should have known better and kept the faith with SAF. Sorry Sing but as Red has said a great day all round for the Mighty Man Utd. :D

PS yes Vidic should have been sent off... BUT he wasn't so brill all round B)

What did you think of the Refereeing decision not to send Vidic off at 2-0 then Mr out of curiosity ??

There was a bit of luck involved in Vidic not being sent off, as there was a bit of luck involved in you getting 2 goals to the good. No?

Cole never looked like scoring but managed to draw out a couple of very daft mistakes that gifted you an unlikely lead. I guess some praise needs to be given for drawing out the mistakes in the first place, but i think they owed much more to our defenders stupidity than to any particular pressure, craft or guile from Mr Cole. His touch looked clumsy to say the least.

Anyway, hope you boys stay up, one way or tuther.

P.S. Is there anyone in world football with a better touch on the ball than Berba? Have no doubt he will continue to infuriate on a regular basis, but some of the things he can do... wow.

Edited by rixalex

There was a bit of luck involved in Vidic not being sent off, as there was a bit of luck involved in you getting 2 goals to the good. No?

Cole never looked like scoring but managed to draw out a couple of very daft mistakes that gifted you an unlikely lead. I guess some praise needs to be given for drawing out the mistakes in the first place, but i think they owed much more to our defenders stupidity than to any particular pressure, craft or guile from Mr Cole. His touch looked clumsy to say the least.

Anyway, hope you boys stay up, one way or tuther.

P.S. Is there anyone in world football with a better touch on the ball than Berba? Have no doubt he will continue to infuriate on a regular basis, but some of the things he can do... wow.

Strage how often you lot get "lucky" with these decisions. Gary Neville for example got lucky a couple of times early on in the season when the referee amazingly missed his assaut and battery. Vidic in the cup final was another strange one was'nt it? So many its difficult to keep track. :D

Bit of luck in scoring ??

Evra delibrately handled the Ball to stop a Goal scoring opportuinity & Vidic fouled Cole to stop a Goalscoing opportunity.

In both cases you then get awarded a Penalty which you get as the opposition has cheated twice in order to stop you gettiing it from the chance we would havee created if your Players didn't Cheat/Foul.

I fail to see the luck where that is concerned to be honest.

The 2 are uncomparable Rix, by the letter of the Law Vidic should have been sent off most certainly in the first half & i'd very strongly argue for the Challenge at the tsart of teh Second as he was on that Yellow, & we quite rightly got 2 Penalties..

You have your Red spectacles oin there Mr Rix me thinks..

But Berbatov was sublime..

Edited by MSingh

Evra delibrately handled the Ball to stop a Goal scoring opportuinity & Vidic fouled Cole to stop a Goalscoing opportunity.

In both cases you then get awarded a Penalty which you get as the opposition has cheated twice in order to stop you gettiing it from the chance we would havee created if your Players didn't Cheat/Foul.

Unless a player is through with a goal pretty much a formality, my feeling with penalties in general is that they are a lucky thing to get because the chance to score you get from them is greater than the chance you would have got had it not been for the foul. For example, had Erva's hand not gone up and contacted with the ball, i don't think Cole would have scored because his first touch was so crap. Of course we'll never know if he would have done or if he wouldn't, so the penalty is fair and just - not saying that it wasn't.

All the same goes for the penalty we got off you i might add.

Unless a player is through with a goal pretty much a formality, my feeling with penalties in general is that they are a lucky thing to get because the chance to score you get from them is greater than the chance you would have got had it not been for the foul. For example, had Erva's hand not gone up and contacted with the ball, i don't think Cole would have scored because his first touch was so crap. Of course we'll never know if he would have done or if he wouldn't, so the penalty is fair and just - not saying that it wasn't.

All the same goes for the penalty we got off you i might add.

But with a Goalkeeper there it never will be a formality Rix, same goes for scoring the Penalty..

I truly do have the arse with the faliure to send Vidic off though, dreadful decision & undoubtedly a HUGE Game changer, which the Referee got grossly wrong..

You might have won 5-2 or 6-2 if he had got sent off, who knows, but he should have been Sent Off & i highly doubt you would have scored 4 Goals if you was down to 10 Men & i'd suspect we could have scored another Goal or two ourselves given how many Goals we do score generally..

I doubt if you'll get Taggart moaing about the Ref this morning aye..

Another good win coming from 2 - 0 down this time.

I thought Smalling was excellent at centre-back and really is starting to look the ' real deal' for me.

One question though, what's with the ''virus' to Fletcher, something doesn't ring true, or am I just imagining things ?

But with a Goalkeeper there it never will be a formality Rix, same goes for scoring the Penalty..

Oh... i don't know about never... heard of Gomes? :lol:

I truly do have the arse with the faliure to send Vidic off though, dreadful decision & undoubtedly a HUGE Game changer, which the Referee got grossly wrong..

You might have won 5-2 or 6-2 if he had got sent off, who knows, but he should have been Sent Off & i highly doubt you would have scored 4 Goals if you was down to 10 Men & i'd suspect we could have scored another Goal or two ourselves given how many Goals we do score generally..

Not going to disagree with you that had Vidic gone off, the result could and probably would have been quite different. Should he have gone off? Yeah, probably. We were lucky.

Not going to disagree with you that had Vidic gone off, the result could and probably would have been quite different. Should he have gone off? Yeah, probably. We were lucky.

Leave Gomes out of it, he's just very eccentric but we love him for it. ;) And whats with the "he should PROBABLY' been sent off? :lol:

i would also contend that you were not lucky at all. History shows that Utd are given "special" treatment that other smaller clubs would never get.

Come on you Man Yoo fans. Try and tell me thats not the case. I can't wait.....:lol: :lol:

Edited by carmine

You was also the much better Team that deserved to win a Game which i'm pretty sure has done you the World fo good in winning the Championship..

I reckonwith Arse & Chelsea aside, yesterday was your only banana skin..

And whats with the "he should PROBABLY' been sent off? :lol:

Refereeing is no exact science, so yeah, probably. Bit like Vidic's trip on Cole. In the box? Out the box? Probably out the box. Gets called in. Shit happens i guess. What else can you do apart from deal with it? We dealt with being two nothing down. West Ham didn't deal with Vidic not being sent off.

History shows that Utd are given "special" treatment that other smaller clubs would never get.

Come on you Man Yoo fans. Try and tell me thats not the case. I can't wait.....:lol: :lol:

History shows what you want it to show. Bit like statistics. Where's Abrak to prove my point?

Edited by rixalex

You was also the much better Team that deserved to win a Game which i'm pretty sure has done you the World fo good in winning the Championship..

I reckonwith Arse & Chelsea aside, yesterday was your only banana skin..

thats just great. I'm bored senseless and trying to wind up this lot and you turned into Mr magnanimous in defeat. :) Looks like i'll have to move over to the ever reliable scousers. :D

And whats with the "he should PROBABLY' been sent off? :lol:

Refereeing is no exact science, so yeah, probably. Bit like Vidic's trip on Cole. In the box? Out the box? Probably out the box. Gets called in. Shit happens i guess. What else can you do apart from deal with it? We dealt with being two nothing down. West Ham didn't deal with Vidic not being sent off.

History shows that Utd are given "special" treatment that other smaller clubs would never get.

History shows what you want it to show. Bit like statistics. Where's Abrak to prove my point?

trying to get the sabermetrics book off Stevie to give to singher. ;)

I bet Roys in a happy mood this morning. :lol: