Manchester United

redrus

Perhaps ab and mr bj could jump over to their threads to continue their debate.

It's about the only life that has been going on in here lately. Now you've woken up, we'll leave it to you.

Thanks for the draw last night btw.

It's a pleasure. Thanks for the draw against Newcastle.

Enjoy it while you can Mr Bojangles the Red tide will swallow you up and throw you to the dogs soon enough.

Don't kid yourself too much :D

I wonder when we will turn the switch and go into overdrive maybe around January?? :jap: .

I forgot to add the plain truth is.....it doesn't get any better for you,just enjoy what you have now

Edited by MrRed

Enjoy it while you can Mr Bojangles the Red tide will swallow you up and throw you to the dogs soon enough.

I wonder when we will turn the switch and go into overdrive maybe around January?? :jap: .

I forgot to add the plain truth is.....it doesn't get any better for you,just enjoy what you have now

If i were you i'd be worrying about holding onto second spot . :)

Actually more realistically United's season is heavily skewed to the first half.

Out of the 6 of the top 7 you play, the first half of the season has included 5 home games and 1 away game while obviously the second half of the season will have 5 away games and 1 home game.

Of those equivalent 5 games away you played last year, you lost twice, draw three times and didnt win once.

Actually more realistically United's season is heavily skewed to the first half.

Out of the 6 of the top 7 you play, the first half of the season has included 5 home games and 1 away game while obviously the second half of the season will have 5 away games and 1 home game.

Of those equivalent 5 games away you played last year, you lost twice, draw three times and didnt win once.

And won the league!

Edited by MrRed

:D You are a one off abrak you really are!

I think Utd will have to go "into overdrive" a lot earlier than january don't you...personally i can't wait to play them. This time they'll have to play our real time and not a mix and match of reserves. ;)

Ok carmine, we wait for your real team-followed by the morning after excuses, ref, king was hurt, united had 10 men.....

That it jimbo, the Spurs team where Modric, Parker, King, Sandro, Adebayor, Gallas, are actually fit and able to play. :lol: Are we allowed an excuse if the balls a meter over your goal line? :o

Carmine why not ask abrak for statistics over THE LAST 20 YEARS surely that would answer your question as to why? only then we can all have a good laugh at your attempt to finish in the top six! :lol:

Good sport.

Anyway carmine, I won't mention our injuries-if you beat us, so be it....unlikely that that seems. ;)

Ps I hope you manage 3rd or 4th with arsenal this year.

With the amount of money you spend your excuse of injuries is a bit fickle.

Anyway who are you playing next weekend as a matter of interest?

Amount of money we spend carmine, this year for the first time since we got berba from you have we spent with jones, young and degea around the same amount lp payed for carrol, or cheslea for torres.

Aside of having a truely great manager you just spend loads of dosh to keep yourselves ahead in the game because you can. Yes, very well done.

Villa away

McLeish's Villa is one of the most negative sides in the league. They'll probably come out for a draw even though they are at home.

Yes totally agree with you they have three English centre forwards Heskey ok he has had his day but Agbonlawhore?? if he never had speed he would be total <deleted> and Bent well the less said the better.

I endured the game with Swansea and i have to say that both teams where <deleted> the only blessing for Villa is Bannon who needs to sort his shit out or he could waste a lot of talent,he really has a future at the top level if he keeps focused and away from the bright lights and fast cars!

I think Utd will have to go "into overdrive" a lot earlier than january don't you...personally i can't wait to play them. This time they'll have to play our real time and not a mix and match of reserves. ;)

You can also see the skew of United's season in the match equivalent data.

The table is a bit misleading. If you look at the table you see that ManU have scored 30 points from 13 games (1/3rd of a season.) That is 5 more points than from the first 13 games of last season. So using the table you might think that United will end up with 90 (3 x 30) which is 10 more than last season.

But if you look at how ManU scored in the same matches (same team, same venue) in those 13 games last season ManU scored 32 points or 2 more points than this season. In other words ManU has done slightly worse than last season when they ended up with 80 points. Now doing 2 points worse is negligible and I rather suspect that United will do about as well and score 80 points this season (or should I say I have no reason to believe otherwise).

However due to the skew in their fixtures whereby the most difficult matches fall in the second half of the season and based on match equivalence, United should score 46 points in the first half of the season and 34 points in the second half.

Match equivalence is just how many more or less points than you scored relative to the same matches last year.

Newcastle +17

City +9

Spurs +7

LFC +6

Chelsea -1

United -2

Remember say from Newcastle's perspective getting +17 points is not that impressive if you only scored 46 in the previous season.

So I dont think United will speed up but naturally slow down as they face more difficult fixtures in the second half of the season. I still think they will get 80 points though which was good enough to win the title last year but I dont think will be this.

You can also see the skew of United's season in the match equivalent data.

The table is a bit misleading. If you look at the table you see that ManU have scored 30 points from 13 games (1/3rd of a season.) That is 5 more points than from the first 13 games of last season. So using the table you might think that United will end up with 90 (3 x 30) which is 10 more than last season.

But if you look at how ManU scored in the same matches (same team, same venue) in those 13 games last season ManU scored 32 points or 2 more points than this season. In other words ManU has done slightly worse than last season when they ended up with 80 points. Now doing 2 points worse is negligible and I rather suspect that United will do about as well and score 80 points this season (or should I say I have no reason to believe otherwise).

However due to the skew in their fixtures whereby the most difficult matches fall in the second half of the season and based on match equivalence, United should score 46 points in the first half of the season and 34 points in the second half.

Match equivalence is just how many more or less points than you scored relative to the same matches last year.

Newcastle +17

City +9

Spurs +7

LFC +6

Chelsea -1

United -2

Remember say from Newcastle's perspective getting +17 points is not that impressive if you only scored 46 in the previous season.

So I dont think United will speed up but naturally slow down as they face more difficult fixtures in the second half of the season. I still think they will get 80 points though which was good enough to win the title last year but I dont think will be this.

Abrak, you remind me of the stats guy who predicts the weather. Yes, last year we were <deleted> but still won the league by 9 points. We always get worse in the second half of the season, as history has shown. :lol:

Abrak, you remind me of the stats guy who predicts the weather. Yes, last year we were <deleted> but still won the league by 9 points. We always get worse in the second half of the season, as history has shown. :lol:

You are simply a weirdo.

Last year you scored 41 points in the first half and 39 points in the second half. If you took those fixtures and rearranged exactly the same data in the order that matches will be played this year ManU would have scored 46 points in the first half and 34 points in the second.

This is a simple statement of fact.

I wouldnt say that you 'always get worse in the second half' because it isnt true and that is also a fact. And to me 'we were <deleted> but still won the league' is a non-sequitur on the basis that if you win the league it is the very definition of not being <deleted>.

Now I dont pretend to predict anything but I would have a bet with someone that Utd will score less than 90 points and that they will score less points in the second half of the season in the absolute 100% certain knowledge that I could be wrong. I obviously use facts and data to come to some future forecast which given that historic data does not predict the future has its limitations. I wonder though how else you might be able to predict an outcome. If it is based on your 'knowledge' then you should realize that I know that nobody knows how to predict the future.

So as you say I am the stats guy who tries to predict the weather. How do you predict the weather? With a divining rod? Or do you simply not believe that anyone should predict the weather because no-one knows the future.

Anyone notice abby spends more time on our thread than his_perhaps a closet UTD supporter.

As for looking at stats, I am sure it keeps you busy. How many clean sheets have you kept at home this year. How many goals has andy carrol scored. How many yellow cards for adam? We could go on all day.

You keep on grasping at stats to somehow put a stop to the resurgent spurs-and your hopes of CL football next season, and we'll keep doing what we do-go marching on on on.

Anyone notice abby spends more time on our thread than his_perhaps a closet UTD supporter.

As for looking at stats, I am sure it keeps you busy. How many clean sheets have you kept at home this year. How many goals has andy carrol scored. How many yellow cards for adam? We could go on all day.

You keep on grasping at stats to somehow put a stop to the resurgent spurs-and your hopes of CL football next season, and we'll keep doing what we do-go marching on on on.

Actually I was looking for a vaguely sensible answer.

I make my living predicting the future through statistics and facts. I suspect you are someone who doesnt generally watch the weather forecast.

Anyway lets get back to football. Spurs have just published their annual report - your wage bill was 91m and its free.

I make my living predicting the future through statistics and facts. I suspect you are someone who doesnt generally watch the weather forecast.

Anyway lets get back to football. Spurs have just published their annual report - your wage bill was 91m and its free.

post-15680-0-49955100-1322489585_thumb.j

Is this you Abrak?

post-15680-0-49955100-1322489585_thumb.j

Is this you Abrak?

No I would never be a weather forecaster on the basis (1) noone would pay me enough (2) weather is too unpredictable (statistically) and (3) no-one really has an opinion on the matter.