Manchester United

redrus

One other thing mate is that i forgot to say that i spoke to a pal of mine who's a Fulham season ticket holder. He didn't have a problem at all about the result because as he said to me, "everybody knows you never get given those at Old Trafford." biggrin.png

I agree, it did look like a penalty, but for me it was one of those ones where the player has played for the penalty - ie yes he was touched, but pretty lightly and doubtful enough to bring him down unless he wanted to be brought down. I certainly don't begrudge the player doing that, and our players have been equally guilty at times, but it does make me a little less sympathetic when the ref doesn't give them.

Out of interest, what did your mate think of the handball? To me, it looked like a pen as his arm was away from his body and although it was close, it wasn't point blank, so there should have been time to get his arm out that way. Certainly not a nailed on pen, but if the situation was reversed, i would have felt like we were lucky to have got away with it.

One other thing mate is that i forgot to say that i spoke to a pal of mine who's a Fulham season ticket holder. He didn't have a problem at all about the result because as he said to me, "everybody knows you never get given those at Old Trafford." biggrin.png

I agree, it did look like a penalty, but for me it was one of those ones where the player has played for the penalty - ie yes he was touched, but pretty lightly and doubtful enough to bring him down unless he wanted to be brought down. I certainly don't begrudge the player doing that, and our players have been equally guilty at times, but it does make me a little less sympathetic when the ref doesn't give them.

Out of interest, what did your mate think of the handball? To me, it looked like a pen as his arm was away from his body and although it was close, it wasn't point blank, so there should have been time to get his arm out that way. Certainly not a nailed on pen, but if the situation was reversed, i would have felt like we were lucky to have got away with it.

Yes mate i thought that was a penalty when the fulham player hand ball in the area, but no the press only pick up on decisions that go utds way, also it is harder to get a penalty decision in your favour at fulham than at old trafford, that was in one of the papers today.

If Murphy had not dived and the direction of the ball not go in the direction that made it look like carrick had knicked it, it would have been given.

Also how come when Newcastle got a very dodgy penalty at old trafford to scrape a draw the media was not up in arms, we all no why every one hates us wan'ts us to lose, also when we got a penalty against chelsea it was our first penalty against liverpool arsenal and chelsea since 1999, liverpool fans go on about not getting penalty's at old trafford but they have heaps i can think of, but at anfield you have to go back many many years since our last there.

When other teams look for excuses, that is when they are a beaten team, city are falling into that trap right now.

Yes mate i thought that was a penalty when the fulham player hand ball in the area, but no the press only pick up on decisions that go utds way, also it is harder to get a penalty decision in your favour at fulham than at old trafford, that was in one of the papers today.

If Murphy had not dived and the direction of the ball not go in the direction that made it look like carrick had knicked it, it would have been given.

Also how come when Newcastle got a very dodgy penalty at old trafford to scrape a draw the media was not up in arms, we all no why every one hates us wan'ts us to lose, also when we got a penalty against chelsea it was our first penalty against liverpool arsenal and chelsea since 1999, liverpool fans go on about not getting penalty's at old trafford but they have heaps i can think of, but at anfield you have to go back many many years since our last there.

When other teams look for excuses, that is when they are a beaten team, city are falling into that trap right now.

How much Fergietime was there at OT against fulham?

Sorry. How are we falling into that trap? Where does that comparison come from?

On another note. Some people (not me) may find it a coincidence that for the last 5-6 months whilst we have been top, you haven't been posting. Then United go top and up pops nev. As I say, I wouldn't think that was a coincidence whistling.gif

• Like 1

How much Fergietime was there at OT against fulham?

3mins bit like mancini time at stoke 5mins where did that come from.

On another note. Some people (not me) may find it a coincidence that for the last 5-6 months whilst we have been top, you haven't been posting. Then United go top and up pops nev. As I say, I wouldn't think that was a coincidence whistling.gif

Maybe to do with living up in issan and no internet connection and cannot be arsed with internet cafes, but the place i am at now has frre wifi, so expect to see more of me mate.jap.gif

It's called timing,nev runs his internet time on fergie time,when the going gets tough an all that.

After all it cannot be a coincidence that United come good when it really matters in the Premier League can it Mr Bo?

It's called timing,nev runs his internet time on fergie time,when the going gets tough an all that.

After all it cannot be a coincidence that United come good when it really matters in the Premier League can it Mr Bo?

Yes so so true mate no point getting all giddy at the first hurdle, like city who was the best team ever to win the league in november, its a marathon not a sprint, so i am just joining the race at the right stage.

Good to see you back our kid!!!

Yes so so true mate no point getting all giddy at the first hurdle, like city who was the best team ever to win the league in november, its a marathon not a sprint, so i am just joining the race at the right stage.

I don't think you will find one single City fan who thought that.

hahaha they don't think so now that is for sure,bless.

Nice to see you lot being as arrogant as usual though.

Nice to see you lot being as arrogant as usual though.

I shouldn't worry MrB, when Sir retires i have a feeling that their arrogance might disappear for quite some time.

City and Suds the also-rans,the truth hurts gents and to be grasping at straws with the Fergie thing is just pure desperation from both of you.

United have not played well this season and we are now 3 points clear at the top,it will be interesting when we play as well next season as your two clubs did for half a season.The difference is we just keep on all season and get the results when it matters.

It must be annoying that both your sides where contenders to a point ....then just bottle it at the important time of the season as must of the realists knew you would.

It would be wonderful to win the league at the wastelands clap2.gif

• Like 1

You are joking mate bluemoon was full of threads saying that, to say not one city fan did not say that 5555.

You are joking mate bluemoon was full of threads saying that, to say not one city fan did not say that 5555.

No way nev. Plenty of cheer for the way we were playing, yeah. But non thinking the league was done and dusted.

City and Suds the also-rans,the truth hurts gents and to be grasping at straws with the Fergie thing is just pure desperation from both of you.

United have not played well this season and we are now 3 points clear at the top,it will be interesting when we play as well next season as your two clubs did for half a season.The difference is we just keep on all season and get the results when it matters.

It must be annoying that both your sides where contenders to a point ....then just bottle it at the important time of the season as must of the realists knew you would.

Oh really Red is that so! You have the most successful manager in English football thats been at the club for over 25 years leading a bunch of ageing mongs and philandering middle aged taffy's and Nani, not to forget that cheating scrot, and you don't think your past two seasons has been down to Ferguson for example? You lot are in for a very rude awakening when he goes and you know it. Its very obvious that you are basing your arrogant confidence on the basis that you'll get Morinho now that he has already managed the biggest club in the world but i wouldn't bank on that. And i'll tell you something else....Mourinho couldn't have done what Ferguson has done with Utd over the last two seasons. Its all about him remember and not the club. Plus he'll want a huge warchest that you don't really have. (City do, and if you win the league JM's will go to City if he leaves Madrid) you might well become as dog average as you were when Sir took over all those many moons ago.

Just be very thankful Robbins scored that goal all those years ago.

Delusion delusion delusion....but nice to know Nev liked your post.

Oh really Red is that so! You have the most successful manager in English football thats been at the club for over 25 years leading a bunch of ageing mongs and philandering middle aged taffy's and Nani, not to forget that cheating scrot, and you don't think your past two seasons has been down to Ferguson for example? You lot are in for a very rude awakening when he goes and you know it. Its very obvious that you are basing your arrogant confidence on the basis that you'll get Morinho now that he has already managed the biggest club in the world but i wouldn't bank on that. And i'll tell you something else....Mourinho couldn't have done what Ferguson has done with Utd over the last two seasons. Its all about him remember and not the club. Plus he'll want a huge warchest that you don't really have. (City do, and if you win the league JM's will go to City if he leaves Madrid) you might well become as dog average as you were when Sir took over all those many moons ago.

Just be very thankful Robbins scored that goal all those years ago.

Delusion delusion delusion....but nice to know Nev liked your post.

Why so serwious Carmine intheclub.gif I have always told you Mourinho is a shoe in for United one day,when?.... who cares.

I also remember the days from the old 2nd division when we used to rape and pillage each town we visited ,.....i would enjoy it again even if it was just a nostalgic trip......not just dreams from you and everyone against United's dominance and domination of English football.

We will always be United whatever happens in the future,our history is there for you all to see.

Its very obvious that you are basing your arrogant confidence on the basis that you'll get Morinho now that he has already managed the biggest club in the world but i wouldn't bank on that.

Hate it when people suggest everyone wants Mourinho at their club. I'm banking on him never managing our club. I'm sure clubs like City or Chelsea would be happy to have him, but all they care about is a bit of instant success, and what comes after that, well, they are happy to cross that bridge when they come to it. Up to them, but that's not the direction i would ever want to see my club going in.

Its very obvious that you are basing your arrogant confidence on the basis that you'll get Morinho now that he has already managed the biggest club in the world but i wouldn't bank on that.

Hate it when people suggest everyone wants Mourinho at their club. I'm banking on him never managing our club. I'm sure clubs like City or Chelsea would be happy to have him, but all they care about is a bit of instant success, and what comes after that, well, they are happy to cross that bridge when they come to it. Up to them, but that's not the direction i would ever want to see my club going in.

Out of interest who would you like to takeover? Obviously its hypothetical and subject to availability etc etc...

Out of interest who would you like to takeover? Obviously its hypothetical and subject to availability etc etc...

For me, ideally speaking, it would be one of a select few who played under Fergie. But it would be subject to them proving their managerial credentials first. Exactly which player, i'm not sure. I think Fergie is in a slightly better position than me to make that decision, and i hope it is he who does.

For me, ideally speaking, it would be one of a select few who played under Fergie. But it would be subject to them proving their managerial credentials first. Exactly which player, i'm not sure. I think Fergie is in a slightly better position than me to make that decision, and i hope it is he who does.

Ys i agree with you and i wouldn't be surprised if he's working on someone already. Also, if he takes this route for his successor, then i think the new manager would view, correctly that Fergusons presense looking down from the directors box would be a benefit and used as an advisor.

Ys i agree with you and i wouldn't be surprised if he's working on someone already. Also, if he takes this route for his successor, then i think the new manager would view, correctly that Fergusons presense looking down from the directors box would be a benefit and used as an advisor.

Exactly. Fergie's presence and influence is going to stay with the club after he steps down, so it requires someone who can handle, accept and work with that.

So even if we wanted the Special One - i certainly don't - it wouldn't work.

Exactly. Fergie's presence and influence is going to stay with the club after he steps down, so it requires someone who can handle, accept and work with that.

I can't see Mourinho leaving Madrid for a while yet. Neither can i see him going back to Chelsea. He knows better than most what a joke of a club they have been turned into. I can see a scenario where Utd win the title, Mancini is sacked and the arabs offer Jose a massive personal contract and an unlimited transfer budget to almost guarrantee the premier and champions league. Whatever does happen i can't see him at Madrid for another two seasons waiting for Ferguson to retire.

I can't see Mourinho leaving Madrid for a while yet. Neither can i see him going back to Chelsea. He knows better than most what a joke of a club they have been turned into. I can see a scenario where Utd win the title, Mancini is sacked and the arabs offer Jose a massive personal contract and an unlimited transfer budget to almost guarrantee the premier and champions league. Whatever does happen i can't see him at Madrid for another two seasons waiting for Ferguson to retire.

Agreed. MrRed talked about him being a shoe in for United, but for me, him and City are a marriage made in some sort of perverse blue moon heaven. If City do take him on, all i can say is that they deserve each other.

No mention of Ole...I could see him being eased under Fegie's guidance (old whisky nose wont be going for a bit thats for sure)

It always looked like Fergie was keen on Ole getting in to management and I think he pushed him into doing his badges and then managing the Reserve team, I read he is back in Norway with Molde getting experience.

Guadolia is a very good example of a young manager (ex player) staying in the club, keeping the clubs footballing phylosphy after working with younger players in the Reserves(B team) and then getting the chance as first team manager.

Edited by Devil

No mention of Ole...I could see him being eased under Fegie's guidance (old whisky nose wont be going for a bit thats for sure)

It always looked like Fergie was keen on Ole getting in to management and I think he pushed him into doing his badges and then managing the Reserve team, I read he is back in Norway with Molde getting experience.

Guadolia is a very good example of a young manager (ex player) staying in the club, keeping the clubs footballing phylosphy after working with younger players in the Reserves(B team) and then getting the chance as first team manager.

Now that is a good call Dev....the baby faced assassin! Perhaps Utd fans should be taking a greater interest in his progress.

You talk to much sense for a scouser get off our thread,,,,agree would like to see ole step up under fergie's guidance.

Ole is for sure one option. Myself though, i'm not sure that ex-strikers always have the best tactical minds. wink.png

Ole is for sure one option. Myself though, i'm not sure that ex-strikers always have the best tactical minds. wink.png

Brian Clough..............