Manchester United

redrus

I think i can hear Mr Rix booting up his computerw00t.gif

biggrin.png You got me...

I think i can hear Mr Carm breaking into a heartfelt rendition of Elaine Page's "I know him so well".

laugh.png Splendid stuff Rix. So reliable.

Sumrit really didn't have to post the equivilant of the Gettesburg address...i'd have been happy with an "Up to me!" response as well you know!

thumbsup.gif

I think i can hear Mr Rix booting up his computerw00t.gif

biggrin.png You got me...

I think i can hear Mr Carm breaking into a heartfelt rendition of Elaine Page's "I know him so well".

laugh.png Splendid stuff Rix. So reliable.

Sumrit really didn't have to post the equivilant of the Gettesburg address...i'd have been happy with an "Up to me!" response as well you know!

I must apologise carmine forcing you to take up so much of your valuable time reading my rantssorry.gif ..........but you should have started to know me by now, I don't like to post crap here like some people do, I like to try and add some balanced reasoning to my thoughts.wai.gif And doesn't "up to me!" sound just a tiny bit ignorant to you? I does to me.biggrin.png

So you support a team approx 215 miles away, i always find it interesting as to the reasons why people people support a team that plays a long way away so what is yours ?

Alfie I have posted 'why' on here before but I'm happy to do so again.

Firstly you mention the distance so let me just say that most people 'choose their team' as a young boy/girl. They live wherever their parents choose not where they choose, so I don't think supporting a team just because it's where your parents want/need to live is a particularly strong reason, particularly when people are regularly moving to different parts of the country (and beyond) these days.

As a young boy I new nothing about professional teams, I just kicked a ball round the playground with my mates. Then on the 7th February 1958, as a seven year old, I saw, on the front page of the Daily Mirror, pictures of the Munich air Disaster from the previous day. And I cried for them. A whole team wiped out in an instant. That was my introduction to professional football and I've been a fan from that moment on. That's 54 years so far...........and still counting. I think most Man U supporters of my generation support them for the same reason. thumbsup.gif

The first game I saw (on the TV) was the Man U - Bolton FA Cup Final when we lost. I didn't know where Manchester was, that they had been the best side in the country or that it was the Busby Babes that had been devastated, I was only seven. But I decided I'd support them from then on and I certainly wasn't supporting a successful side, with a team to rebuild year struggled week in, week out for what seemed a lifetime to a young boy.

I enjoyed the success of the sixties and remained faithful during the long twenty six years of mediocre (and worse) football we played after that so think I am now entitled to revel in the success we've achieved over the last twenty years. A twenty year period that has been unparalleled by any team ever in the history of English football. And all done with money generated within the club by football and business success, not a sugar daddy, of any description, in sight.clap2.gif

So I didn't support Man U just because I (my parents) lived there. I didn't support them because my Dad, brother, uncle, friend, mickey mouse, or anybody else I knew supported them. I didn't support Man U because they were successful at the time and I'd jumped on the bandwagon. I started supporting them because, at the time they didn't even have a team left.

Even if this season were the last successful season we had in this era it would take at least another twenty one years for any other team (with or without their sugar daddy) to better Man U's current record, and at my age I'll probably be long dead by then. So I can honestly say that I started supporting a club that began without enough players and, in my lifetime, they grew to be the most successful team ever in the history of English football.clap2.gif

I for one am proud of that.biggrin.png

RANT OVERbiggrin.png

There was no need to rant Sums, i was just asking a simple question that just needed a simple answer !

So you support a team approx 215 miles away, i always find it interesting as to the reasons why people people support a team that plays a long way away so what is yours ?

Alfie I have posted 'why' on here before but I'm happy to do so again.

Firstly you mention the distance so let me just say that most people 'choose their team' as a young boy/girl. They live wherever their parents choose not where they choose, so I don't think supporting a team just because it's where your parents want/need to live is a particularly strong reason, particularly when people are regularly moving to different parts of the country (and beyond) these days.

As a young boy I new nothing about professional teams, I just kicked a ball round the playground with my mates. Then on the 7th February 1958, as a seven year old, I saw, on the front page of the Daily Mirror, pictures of the Munich air Disaster from the previous day. And I cried for them. A whole team wiped out in an instant. That was my introduction to professional football and I've been a fan from that moment on. That's 54 years so far...........and still counting. I think most Man U supporters of my generation support them for the same reason. thumbsup.gif

The first game I saw (on the TV) was the Man U - Bolton FA Cup Final when we lost. I didn't know where Manchester was, that they had been the best side in the country or that it was the Busby Babes that had been devastated, I was only seven. But I decided I'd support them from then on and I certainly wasn't supporting a successful side, with a team to rebuild year struggled week in, week out for what seemed a lifetime to a young boy.

I enjoyed the success of the sixties and remained faithful during the long twenty six years of mediocre (and worse) football we played after that so think I am now entitled to revel in the success we've achieved over the last twenty years. A twenty year period that has been unparalleled by any team ever in the history of English football. And all done with money generated within the club by football and business success, not a sugar daddy, of any description, in sight.clap2.gif

So I didn't support Man U just because I (my parents) lived there. I didn't support them because my Dad, brother, uncle, friend, mickey mouse, or anybody else I knew supported them. I didn't support Man U because they were successful at the time and I'd jumped on the bandwagon. I started supporting them because, at the time they didn't even have a team left.

Even if this season were the last successful season we had in this era it would take at least another twenty one years for any other team (with or without their sugar daddy) to better Man U's current record, and at my age I'll probably be long dead by then. So I can honestly say that I started supporting a club that began without enough players and, in my lifetime, they grew to be the most successful team ever in the history of English football.clap2.gif

I for one am proud of that.biggrin.png

RANT OVERbiggrin.png

There was no need to rant Sums, i was just asking a simple question that just needed a simple answer !

Simple

• Like 1

That was why Stockport used to always play on a Friday night thumbsup.giftongue.png

Morning Red, did you know that you have won more penalties at home this year than any premier league team since 2006?

Ofcourse it'll even itself out though..........thumbsup.gif

That was why Stockport used to always play on a Friday night thumbsup.giftongue.png

Morning Red, did you know that you have won more penalties at home this year than any premier league team since 2006?

Morning Sid

yes i have the knowledge wink.png

Morning Sid

yep, the number so far is actually NINE!!!!!!!!!!! Thats a helluva lot isn't it. Were it not for such referring consistency who knows....whistling.gif

Hopefully with it all evening itself out Spurs should be awarded half a dozen in our next home fixturegiggle.gif

Morning Sid

yep, the number so far is actually NINE!!!!!!!!!!! Thats a helluva lot isn't it. Were it not for such referring consistency who knows....whistling.gif

Hopefully with it all evening itself out Spurs should be awarded half a dozen in our next home fixturegiggle.gif

Crikey Carms thats one every 1.89 games, it must be great to be a man u fan at a game and be thinking "well we didn't get one last home game so we are guarantead one today" how the other half live aye !

Morning Sid

Crikey Carms thats one every 1.89 games, it must be great to be a man u fan at a game and be thinking "well we didn't get one last home game so we are guarantead one today" how the other half live aye !

I do think they are going to have to start being a little more inventive in their diving styles though. I think Young is currently on the training ground practicing a Triple Pike

I'm disgusted with Young, particularly for the last game, when he did the trick of moving his leg into the leg of the defender. For the game before that, there was a hand on his back, ok, not enough to cause him to fall, but when defenders put their hands on the backs of strikers that are running through on goal, well, really, that's a bit of a stupid thing to do. Nevertheless, a dive is a dive. Hate it. SAF won't say anything in public, but i do hope he speaks to Young behind the scenes and puts a lid on it. Stay on your feet you fcukers - and that goes for divers at all clubs - yeah you've all got 'em.

• Like 1

Morning Sid

And city have 8 so whats your point the two most attacking teams in the league who camp in the other teams half who have very pacy players of course they will have more penalty's, also city have none away and we have 2, that is because lesse times in the area, it is not rocket sience.

But i must add young is a cheating c**t, hope he stamps it out!!

Last season we only had 2 at home, is it a coincidence that young arrived, i think so.

Also city had 8 last year too.

Thought you'd all like to see this 'great' injury table from this season... May put some things in perspective and, some back in their box..;-)

http://ladyarse.co.u...njury-table-16/

Good link that mate good to see you back. united top city rock bottom, must be something happening on our training ground to have so many bloody injuries.

Thought you'd all like to see this 'great' injury table from this season... May put some things in perspective and, some back in their box..;-)

Good link that mate good to see you back. united top city rock bottom, must be something happening on our training ground to have so many bloody injuries.

Hi redrus. Aye welcome etc...

Now that link you provided as a smokescreen is a pile of rubbish isn't it? Come on let's try a bit harder please...not even related to the discussion....!

Hi redrus. Aye welcome etc...

Now that link you provided as a smokescreen is a pile of rubbish isn't it? Come on let's try a bit harder please...not even related to the discussion....!

What the link doesn't reaveal, is that they all got injured in diving for penalty claims training. If the grass isn't wet enough, it can give you serious grass burns on your knees. biggrin.png

See Nev's reply for a sensible answer gents... ;)

Thanks for the welcome back, but I've never left. I do a lot of lurking now, keep my eye on you dodgy lot. My you don't half come out with some dross at times..:-O (mrBJ) One thinks the blue quarter of Stockport is getting a tad nervous.....?

(mrBJ) One thinks the blue quarter of Stockport is getting a tad nervous.....?

Nothing to be nervous abot rus. We blew it weeks ago.

I wouldn't be sure mate.... (*mindgames)

redrus

Almost as good as your manager at mind games.

It is not over and you should be ashamed calling yourself a city fan saying it is, i bet you are one of those fans that wen your team is losing you get up and walk out with 10 mins to go.

If it was united in city's position i would not give up on united.

Almost as good as your manager at mind games.

It is not over and you should be ashamed calling yourself a city fan saying it is, i bet you are one of those fans that wen your team is losing you get up and walk out with 10 mins to go.

If it was united in city's position i would not give up on united.

I think you are being very unfair to MrB. You see Nev, based on the last 33 games this season and the extraordinary amount of penalties your players win it is to be expected that you will win enough in your remaining games to make it highly unlikely the away teams will stand much of a chance especially as penalties against Utd at OT are as rare as rocking horse sh1t.

Its simply not a level playing field when up against Utd at OT. I'll say now you'll get atleast two more penalties at OT this season. Lets see shall we.

So old red nose has spoken to Ashley about diving, the conversation probaly went something like this, "i told you to fall over a lot but did you have to make it so F*cking obvious".

Do people really think that Ferguson gives a toss on how Young get's penaties if it means the difference between winning and losing !

So old red nose has spoken to Ashley about diving, the conversation probaly went something like this, "i told you to fall over a lot but did you have to make it so F*cking obvious".

Do people really think that Ferguson gives a toss on how Young get's penaties if it means the difference between winning and losing !

No no Alfie it all evens itself out over the season so the rest of us are in for some spotkicktastic weekends coming up. biggrin.png

has Young taken over the specific role that the injured nani vacated....cheat for penalties and try to get players sent off? wink.png