Manchester United

redrus

Circus Tavern.... The Monkey and the rembrandt wink.png

City arms The Pev and Britons Protection

Sawyers,Grapes... The Press club...The Auto Club

Cheshire Cheese...The Hammer...Tommy Ducks

Shakespeare ..Sawyers....Town hall Tavern...

The Old Wellie and Sinclairs oh the memories.smile.png

I was in some of them last week when I popped up to Manchester. Also went to the Christmas Markets and the Printworks. Absolutely rammed, it was.

Mr Bj, please tell me you weren't there last week when we played QPR...?

Yeah Russ. Impromptu visit up to Rochdale and we all just decided to have a full days sess in town. Was you at the match?

Mate, I was there all day. Got into town at 12, left at 8 ish..... Bloody heck... ;)

redrus

Yeah Russ. Impromptu visit up to Rochdale and we all just decided to have a full days sess in town. Was you at the match?

Mate, I was there all day. Got into town at 12, left at 8 ish..... Bloody heck...

Bummer, I don't believe it. I bet we almost passed each other. Next time I'm back (probably April) I'll pm you first.

Mate, I was there all day. Got into town at 12, left at 8 ish..... Bloody heck...

Bummer, I don't believe it. I bet we almost passed each other. Next time I'm back (probably April) I'll pm you first.

Bummer indeed mate lol, I bet we drifted mere feet from each other........!!

Yeah mate, def do. You stil got my English number

redrus..?

This is how it feels to be city tongue.png

http://bleacherrepor...manchester-city

The sad truth is nev that you are just as crap as them so far this season. Mediocrity rules....we can only hope for improvement across the board!

Yes we are crap w12 L3 bloody crap i say only a 80% win rate, god help the league if we really hit top gear, fergie out i say.

Nailed on we get real madrid in the next stage, now arsenal have finished 2nd and if chelsea finish 2nd in there group too, plus cannot be matched against the 2nd team in our group, it narrows down the possibilities, bring it on i say!!

We can play another English team can't we?

Ok nev you are correct

Knockout phase

From the last 16 until the semi-finals, clubs play two matches against each other on a home-and-away basis with the same rules as the qualifying and play-off rounds applied. In the last 16, group winners play runners-up other than teams from their own pool or nation, while from the quarter-finals on the draw is free.

Edited by MrRed

Cue the "good run out for our youngsters" posts tongue.png

Giggs and Scholes played didn't theysad.png glad you are still obsessed with us by watching tonight i would have watched another game if it wasn't for united being onbiggrin.png , thought that might have changed seeing you are a big team nowthumbsup.gif

Cue the "good run out for our youngsters" posts tongue.png

Giggs and Scholes played didn't theysad.png glad you are still obsessed with us by watching tonight i would have watched another game if it wasn't for united being onbiggrin.png , thought that might have changed seeing you are a big team nowthumbsup.gif

As it happens I didn't watch the full game, don't flatter yourselves. I had to stay up as I was taking the wife an daughter to the airport @ 1am (KSA time). Therefore, as I like watching football, I was flicking through the all the football channels.

i know you had Giggs and Scholes playing but whenever one of your "young one's" play, it's licence for you lot to come out with the "we played the young one's" excuse.

Well we did play a few young ones last night didn't we and two very old ones!

I would rather take the win your first four games route anytime over the struggles City and Chelsea went through but as we where playing lesser clubs i suppose we could afford to take it easy at least Cluj qualified for the Europa Cup which they deserve not a bad team at all on last nights performance and a bloody good keeper too! wai.gif

Bring on the Bitters!

Well not the best run in to the big game at the weekend we could have had, but this is one of those games where the form book truly goes out the window - usually anyway.

And although our defence wasn't perfect against Cluj, it was less a fundamental problem with the entire back four, and more an occasional silly blunder, which hopefully can be avoided. Jones looked particularly good. Our problems against Cluj were far more to do with further up the pitch, and hopefully the side that will play at the weekend will do better with that regard.

Surprised to see Macheda come on. Thought he might have played his last game already. I guess it could be a case of putting him in the shop window. I thought though that he played quite well.

Rooney showed what a reformed character he is with the way he dealt with all that nose to nose nonsense for not kicking the ball out when that idiot feigned a broken spine. Really seems to have got his temper in check these days. Long may it continue, cos the last thing we need is him being red carded. Actually i think there is more chance of that Balotteli idiot getting booked if he does play, but personally i don't think he will - second half sub at most. I'd actually prefer it if he did play the full 90 because i think he relies on the extra power and speed he has against players who have already played 60 odd minutes, and without that extra power and speed, he is much less of a threat.

Nice having a three point advantage going into this one. Of course losing will be devastating, as losing to City always is, but at least we'll still be neck and neck on points. If City lose they'll go six behind. That would surely worry them.

P.S. surprised to see none of the ABUs coming on here up in arms about the mile-over-the-line goal that wasn't given last weekend... oh, wait a minute.... no i'm not.

Well not the best run in to the big game at the weekend we could have had, but this is one of those games where the form book truly goes out the window - usually anyway.

And although our defence wasn't perfect against Cluj, it was less a fundamental problem with the entire back four, and more an occasional silly blunder, which hopefully can be avoided. Jones looked particularly good. Our problems against Cluj were far more to do with further up the pitch, and hopefully the side that will play at the weekend will do better with that regard.

Surprised to see Macheda come on. Thought he might have played his last game already. I guess it could be a case of putting him in the shop window. I thought though that he played quite well.

Rooney showed what a reformed character he is with the way he dealt with all that nose to nose nonsense for not kicking the ball out when that idiot feigned a broken spine. Really seems to have got his temper in check these days. Long may it continue, cos the last thing we need is him being red carded. Actually i think there is more chance of that Balotteli idiot getting booked if he does play, but personally i don't think he will - second half sub at most. I'd actually prefer it if he did play the full 90 because i think he relies on the extra power and speed he has against players who have already played 60 odd minutes, and without that extra power and speed, he is much less of a threat.

Nice having a three point advantage going into this one. Of course losing will be devastating, as losing to City always is, but at least we'll still be neck and neck on points. If City lose they'll go six behind. That would surely worry them.

P.S. surprised to see none of the ABUs coming on here up in arms about the mile-over-the-line goal that wasn't given last weekend... oh, wait a minute.... no i'm not.

I get a sneaky feeling he will play Balotelli from the start, and that he will have a great game.

I have gone out on a limb and said City will win this game.... I believe that, though a draw would not be a disaster.. If United won, then I would be astonished. That would be a major disaster.

Don't fuel Jack's fantasy that Botticelli is a genius and that he is going to score against United Rix laugh.png

They only mention things when they are for United mate ...but then again it doesn't surprise us does it anymore!

Could of done with a fit Valencia this weekend but i think he is still out so will most likely be playing a solid midfield and hitting City on the break.

I get a sneaky feeling he will play Balotelli from the start, and that he will have a great game.

I have gone out on a limb and said City will win this game.... I believe that, though a draw would not be a disaster.. If United won, then I would be astonished. That would be a major disaster.

But not a major surprise! tongue.png

Personally i think there is as much chance of Balotelli starting the game and having a great one, as there is of us keeping a clean sheet... still, anything can happen...

I think City stand a better chance starting with Tevez. Bruised egos usually do well when there is a chance for revenge.

Could of done with a fit Valencia this weekend but i think he is still out so will most likely be playing a solid midfield and hitting City on the break.

Well we could certainly do with some width and some decent balls into the box, whatever the source. It's what we have been lacking for the last month or so. We don't have many options on that front though so guess we'll aim to keep things tight down the middle.

No banter allowed....or is it that trophy cabinet as opposed to your cupboard? tongue.png

No worries mate keep posting they can give banter but cannot take banter backthumbsup.gif its derby week and we cannot have a bit of funtongue.png