Manchester United

redrus

Looks like Sneijder on his way to Turkey for 8m quid. Seems like a bit of a lost opportunity, especially for that sort of money.

yeah, his wages are massive though. also while he's a really good player, i'm not sure he's one who would adapt quickly to english football. likes a bit of time on the ball.

200k a week is silly i agree.

Its been a long time since Sneijder was an influence in any game. Personally I never wanted him at Man U..his/or his agent wage claims off the planet and at the latter end of his career

Good news from Carington Anderson/Nani/ Jones back in training. Could be on the bench Sunday and Rooney expected back for Wednesday ,probably on the bench. Wazza is going to have to re invent himself as an attacking midfielder ,never blessed with pace, how could you pick him in front of VP/Hernandes ? News on Fletcher quiet, hope his ongoing illness hasn't returned and itching to see young Nick Powell in action,loads of promise, but also carrying an undisclosed injury. SAF said today he has no news on January transfers but take that with a pinch of salt, why telegraph your intentions,if any.

Looks like Sneijder on his way to Turkey for 8m quid. Seems like a bit of a lost opportunity, especially for that sort of money.

yeah, his wages are massive though. also while he's a really good player, i'm not sure he's one who would adapt quickly to english football. likes a bit of time on the ball.

200k a week is silly i agree.

Its been a long time since Sneijder was an influence in any game. Personally I never wanted him at Man U..his/or his agent wage claims off the planet and at the latter end of his career

Good news from Carington Anderson/Nani/ Jones back in training. Could be on the bench Sunday and Rooney expected back for Wednesday ,probably on the bench. Wazza is going to have to re invent himself as an attacking midfielder ,never blessed with pace, how could you pick him in front of VP/Hernandes ? News on Fletcher quiet, hope his ongoing illness hasn't returned and itching to see young Nick Powell in action,loads of promise, but also carrying an undisclosed injury. SAF said today he has no news on January transfers but take that with a pinch of salt, why telegraph your intentions,if any.

When asked about the January transfer window by a reporter was a smile about Lampard & Zaha Just done seeing the live press conference on MUTV .. 5 Minutes ago

Edited by Notstupid30

Agree about the wage demands but i think at 28 he still has football in him and could be very handy in our midfield. Kagawa looks like he needs time to settle.

Good news from Carington Anderson/Nani/ Jones back in training. Could be on the bench Sunday and Rooney expected back for Wednesday ,probably on the bench. Wazza is going to have to re invent himself as an attacking midfielder ,never blessed with pace, how could you pick him in front of VP/Hernandes ?

Not sure about picking him ahead of VP/Hernandes, but certainly could pick him to play with RVP instead of Hernandes. Hernandes certainly has found some form that he seemed to have lost, but he is still for my money missing some easy chances. Not that Rooney was knocking them in for fun before his injury, but with a run in the team i'm sure he could be a crucial dimension to our attack.

As for Nani, was seriously hoping he was on his way out.

nice artical in the gaurdian and love this bit.

When the United players walked into the dressing room at Selhurst Park after Cantona had flung himself at Matthew Simmons, Ferguson ripped into Gary Pallister for letting Gareth Southgate score Crystal Palace's equaliser

. After he finished ranting, Ferguson turned to his fragile striker, put an arm on his shoulder and said: "Eric, you can't be doing that son."biggrin.pngtongue.png

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2013/jan/11/sir-alex-ferguson-manchester-united-signings

When the United players walked into the dressing room at Selhurst Park after Cantona had flung himself at Matthew Simmons, Ferguson ripped into Gary Pallister for letting Gareth Southgate score Crystal Palace's equaliser

. After he finished ranting, Ferguson turned to his fragile striker, put an arm on his shoulder and said: "Eric, you can't be doing that son."biggrin.pngtongue.png

http://www.guardian....united-signings

I know its kind of funny that reaction from Ferguson and it made me smile but it really doesn't put him in a good a good light at all does it.

He just doesn't at times seem to be able to grasp the differences in the lines drawn between acceptable and unacceptable behaviour. I also think that the vast majority of football fans would be much happier if he would shut his piehole during games, stop haranging and bullying officials so we could enjoy a better officiated match, which without his gobshite touchline behaviour would probably be the case.

Just remembered, you're playing us at the lane in a couple of weeks in a game i'm sure he'd take the point so i'll be interested which ref is selected because you will need some customary assistance. This looks like one for Halsey doesn't it!biggrin.png

I know its kind of funny that reaction from Ferguson and it made me smile but it really doesn't put him in a good a good light at all does it.

He just doesn't at times seem to be able to grasp the differences in the lines drawn between acceptable and unacceptable behaviour. I also think that the vast majority of football fans would be much happier if he would shut his piehole during games, stop haranging and bullying officials so we could enjoy a better officiated match, which without his gobshite touchline behaviour would probably be the case.

Just remembered, you're playing us at the lane in a couple of weeks in a game i'm sure he'd take the point so i'll be interested which ref is selected because you will need some customary assistance. This looks like one for Halsey doesn't it!biggrin.png

The man is an embarrassment to English football, how he was ever made a sir i don't know !!!

The man is an embarrassment to English football, how he was ever made a sir i don't know !!!

I have been squirming at his antics of recent but i'm hoping that if he kicks off at ours he'll recieve montrous amounts of abuse and i hope our fans and players will see it for the gamesmanship it is and get themselves fired up too and give Utd a right f*cking hammering. laugh.png

• Like 1

after Cantona had flung himself

post-19542-0-03777600-1357923155_thumb.j

"flung himself". For real he said that? That's like saying a suicide bomber only lit a sparkler

I think the writer of the article said that mate.

But to be fair the little s**t deserved all he got and maybe morewink.png

after Cantona had flung himself

post-19542-0-03777600-1357923155_thumb.j

"flung himself". For real he said that? That's like saying a suicide bomber only lit a sparkler

I've never met anyone who has/had any synpathy for matthew Simmons.

I've never met anyone who has/had any synpathy for matthew Simmons.

Absolutely.

i don't know about an embarrassment but his influence and power over the domestic game and what he's been able to get away with over the years, compared with other managers, has always been disgraceful really. his record and achievements? wouldn't argue with them for a second. his class while doing it? ah well.

team for tonight:

De Gea

Raphael Vidic Ferdinand Evra

Wellbeck Carrick Kagawa Cleverley Young

RVP

Should Valencia not be on the flank ?

Will Rio get turned inside out by Suarez ?

Will Hernadez come off the bench and score the winner

all will be revealed shortly !!!!

Maybe because he is an achiever something you will never have to worry about smile.png

Hate to say it but I think Wellbeck is the weakest link, he hesitated several times tonite and could have done much better, unfortunately in footy what you do wrong has a bigger impact than what you do right or having the potential to do right and not taking it (same thing I suppose) That's what makes the difference, I have to hand it to Liverpool tonite, they played a tactical masterpiece that nearly paid off, they let MU dominate the first half and probably should have been a bigger scoreline going to the 2nd half but it wasn't and LP could have easily won that game - credit

I have to hand it to Liverpool tonite, they played a tactical masterpiece that nearly paid off, they let MU dominate the first half and probably should have been a bigger scoreline going to the 2nd half but it wasn't and LP could have easily won that game - credit

You really think giving Man U the opportunity to score a hatful of goals is a tactical masterpiece?

Hate to say it but I think Wellbeck is the weakest link, he hesitated several times tonite and could have done much better, unfortunately in footy what you do wrong has a bigger impact than what you do right or having the potential to do right and not taking it (same thing I suppose) That's what makes the difference, I have to hand it to Liverpool tonite, they played a tactical masterpiece that nearly paid off, they let MU dominate the first half and probably should have been a bigger scoreline going to the 2nd half but it wasn't and LP could have easily won that game - credit

Absolute <deleted>!

Absolute <deleted>!

I will take your word for it because i couldnt understand a word of it!

In a very brief assessment i go along with what Stevie said. liverpool were much better in the second half but i feel Utd deserved the win.

looking forward to next weekend as i think if we control RVP we will win. Easier said than done mind!!

thought rodgers got it wrong from the start and then didn't change it until after half-time.

Difficult one for Rodgers I think. Easy to say after the game that the way you played in the second half should have been how you started from the off. It looked to me like he wanted to be defensive and frustrate United and the fans. Unfortunately RVP gets one chance that would come to nothing with the majority of strikers but he bangs it in the net. That unfortunately is the end of the starting game plan. But agree he didn't change things quick enough.

United where great in the first half and Carrick and Cleverly controlled the middle Wellbeck unselfish running gave Liverpool problems and allowed space for RVP ,Liverpool changed it and had to have a go .......a good result whatever against the scousers.

United where great in the first half and Carrick and Cleverly controlled the middle Wellbeck unselfish running gave Liverpool problems and allowed space for RVP ,Liverpool changed it and had to have a go .......a good result whatever against the scousers.

Oh yeah. And the ref helped you. Vidic was off-side for his goal thumbsup.gif

No,I thought Webb had a poor game last night.It was as if his heart wasnt in it.

His decisions favoured Liverpool and he missed a great opportunity to send off Skrtel when he hauled Welback back when through on goal in the second half.

Uniteds weakest links were Webb and Young.....something for SAF to ponder when planning for next season maybe !biggrin.png

Seriously,I thought Rafael and Kagawa were Uniteds star men last night.In contrast,Suarez and Gerrard were very subdued.

And what a great tackle by Koscielny in the first 8 minutes against City.....he'd be a good bet for France in the Rugby Union World Cup !

• Like 1

Difficult one for Rodgers I think. Easy to say after the game that the way you played in the second half should have been how you started from the off. It looked to me like he wanted to be defensive and frustrate United and the fans. Unfortunately RVP gets one chance that would come to nothing with the majority of strikers but he bangs it in the net. That unfortunately is the end of the starting game plan. But agree he didn't change things quick enough.

it was really obvious after the first five minutes that we needed to up the tempo and close united's players down more quickly. sitting back and trying to soak them up is all well and good but you can't do that and then leave loads of holes and not close players down. great movement and finish by van persie but wisdom, a kid to be fair, should have shut the cross down much sooner. when we started to hunt in packs a bit more in the second half we began to frustrate united and force a few errors from them. according to a mate who was there gerrard, allen and lucas had several arguments among themselves in the first half about who was meant to be doing what. doesn't imply great preparation that really.

and he missed a great opportunity to send off Skrtel when he hauled Welback back when through on goal in the second half.

was it denial of an obvious goalscoring opportunity? no. correct call by the referee, who had a really intelligent game i thought.