Manchester United

redrus

I went through the live text on the bbc website without knowing the score as soon as the power came on,i thought it would be a one goal match and Chelsea got it,good luck to them in the semi they deserved it over the two games by the sound of it.

It was a good game Mr Red! Not one for the purist but a decent cup tie nonetheless. Worth watching for Cech's save but I'm not convinced Ba meant that goal....

I agree with all that and the best team over the 2 games went through.

Aye but this time last year you were all on about how the 'balance of power' had shifted in Manchester....how did that one pan out???

Citeh took their eye off the ball. I can't see that happening two years in a row.

Aye but this time last year you were all on about how the 'balance of power' had shifted in Manchester....how did that one pan out???

Citeh took their eye off the ball. I can't see that happening two years in a row.

Me either...I can see it happening a lot more than just the two years....

• Like 1

I'll give you a case of beer of your choice if you can find a single post where we said that. We have been City fans for way too long to say anything of the likes.

What we did say was something along the lines of you lot are getting worried now because we're catching up and you ain't gonna have it all your own way. I stick by that, don't you?

We've never had it 'our own way' though. There's always been some blighter or other - be it Newcastle, Blackburn, Leeds, Arsenal, Chelsea or City pestering us, when all we want to do is just win the league year in, year out...is that too much to ask..???

Still, that case of ale sounds good which you should buy us (me) anyway...

Congrats to Chelsea. You deserved it with that save from Cech and that goal from Ba. Class.

Perhaps earlier in the season RVP would have converted those two half decent chances at the end of the game, but there you go. Wasn't to be.

Congrats to Chelsea. You deserved it with that save from Cech and that goal from Ba. Class.

Perhaps earlier in the season RVP would have converted those two half decent chances at the end of the game, but there you go. Wasn't to be.

Just one of those days I thought,nothing much between the sides and thankfully played in a good spirit without any questionable refereeing decisions for the ABU,s to crow about-better to lose to Chelsea than City IMHO-Chelsea for the CUP smile.png

• Like 1

Not often that i'll say this but i thought not sending out your strongest side was bad management by Red Nose. In particulay not starting with Van Persie.

The keague is won bar the math and there was no need to rest anyone. Just can't fathom his thinking.

Was he hoping for a late wildcard back into the CL?biggrin.png

Not often that i'll say this but i thought not sending out your strongest side was bad management by Red Nose. In particulay not starting with Van Persie.

The keague is won bar the math and there was no need to rest anyone. Just can't fathom his thinking.

Was he hoping for a late wildcard back into the CL?biggrin.png

In general i agree, but specifically with regards RVP, he's been a bit off form lately and sometimes what that means with a player is throwing them into every game until they rediscover it, or it means giving them a rest so they have a bit more energy and freshness. Perhaps RVP is one of those who needs rest, and SAF thought better to throw him on in the second half with the hope he could shake things up and snatch victory in what would likely be a tight game. Would also have meant he still would of have some legs on him had it gone to extra time.