Manchester United

redrus

I've just tuned in to Talksport and they're talking about SAF, and are saying that he would be

probably involved in the selection of his predecessor and it might be David Moyes

but nothing has been confirmed.

They've also mentioned Jose Mourinho is heavily tipped too.

So it's all media hype and speculation at the moment.

My Twitter TL is full of 'no to Jose'...., ok to Moyes.. Most of my followers are time served reds.

Heard nothing about the plane boarding report either.

Nailed to the mast, my colours are Pep Guardiola, always have been but there is no chance of that. Failing that, Gus Hiddink. I will support Moyes though, with no issues whatsoever, if he is a Ferguson selection..... Could possibly be Fergies most astute signing.. ;)

redrus

• Like 1

I would prefer Jose to be fair, but if its Moyes well that's what we got, and we got to support him. I don't think he's the right man, but if it works great. I think the fans will give him a fair crack of the whip though, even if he isn't the number one choice, unlike the Scousers and The Chavs did with Hodgson and Benitez.

I would prefer Jose to be fair, but if its Moyes well that's what we got, and we got to support him. I don't think he's the right man, but if it works great. I think the fans will give him a fair crack of the whip though, even if he isn't the number one choice, unlike the Scousers and The Chavs did with Hodgson and Benitez.

"Prediction.....

Moyes to run onto the pitch tonight at Chelsea, Glasgow kiss Benitez, and open his coat revealing a Man United top." (FattusAntus@Twitter)

redrus

• Like 2

if moyes is ferguson's choice and he appears to be, then it's a fool who would doubt the man's judgement. but appointing a manager who has never won a single trophy and who has never managed in the champion's league and whose tactics consist of lumping it up to the big lad seems very, very strange. guardiola, mourinho, klopp, hiddink, de boer, pellegrini? top names? it's just bizarre this.

if moyes is ferguson's choice and he appears to be, then it's a fool who would doubt the man's judgement. but appointing a manager who has never won a single trophy and who has never managed in the champion's league and whose tactics consist of lumping it up to the big lad seems very, very strange. guardiola, mourinho, klopp, hiddink, de boer, pellegrini? top names? it's just bizarre this.

I'm glad its bizarre to you too...... :/

redrus

not as glad as i am mate. united and everton both weakened in one swoop? hahaha.

martinez to everton.

I do agree with Stevie though to be honest, surprised that they are going to go for someone like Motes, when there is others out there with for better track records. Ferguson had won 11 trophies prior to getting to United, so he was no novice when he got there. Moyes has won squat.

• Like 2

not as glad as i am mate. united and everton both weakened in one swoop? hahaha.

martinez to everton.

Hahaha, chickens and hatching come to mind mate.

Wouldn't mind Baines, not sure on Fellaini though.

redrus

I like Moyes he always seems in control and has a lot of respect from managers in the game....For me he is the only guy that is suited at the moment and as i have said already Alex will be there and and his enthusiasm for the club and his experience will have time to rub off on Moyes,the way the club is run now with a mixture of youngsters and old heads on the pitch will continue to flourish as i don't think the experienced Mike Phelan and the underestimated Rene Meulensteen will be going anywhere and if it is David Moyes in a way he is in a win win situation joining the Champions with all there resources and nobody really is expecting him to tinker with 26 years of success are they?? Of course only the people that hate Manchester United are willing this to happen!

I for one was shocked and gutted today but feel it is the right decision now as (dare i say it)age catches up with even the smartest minds eventually.

Sir Matt Busby=Sir Alex Ferguson=Sir David Moyes? ..........smile.png​ Bring it on. One thing is for sure Ferguson will be in the stands and his presence will carry weight always at OT.

baines and fellaini to come with him by the way.

I think those two additions would be good, but hopefully not the only ones.

thing is, again, it's a fool who would question ferguson's endorsement. moyes will take over a team that's just won the league and which has a lot of good players in it. it's not like united are suddenly going to be in a relegation scrap. you'll still sign 4 or 5 top players this summer and have a great squad at the start of next season, and be reigning champions. but it seems like a very risky appointment and i didn't think ferguson really did risk. moyes' tactics and football philosophy are not what united fans are used to. but then, of course, you've been spoiled for 20 years. and every good thing comes to an end.

• Like 2

Sir Matt Busby=Sir Alex Ferguson=Sir David Moyes? ..........smile.png​ Bring it on. One thing is for sure Ferguson will be in the stands and his presence will carry weight always at OT.

do you think that's a good thing though? ghost over your shoulder etc. . .

thing is, again, it's a fool who would question ferguson's endorsement. moyes will take over a team that's just won the league and which has a lot of good players in it. it's not like united are suddenly going to be in a relegation scrap. you'll still sign 4 or 5 top players this summer and have a great squad at the start of next season, and be reigning champions. but it seems like a very risky appointment and i didn't think ferguson really did risk. moyes' tactics and football philosophy are not what united fans are used to. but then, of course, you've been spoiled for 20 years. and every good thing comes to an end.

In some ways it's a risk, and in others it's a safe appointment, probably a manger that's not going to rock the boat, is not controversial, and is steady. Some might forget that Ferguson tried to get Moyes years back when he was at Preston as his number two, but ended up with McClaren, so I suppose none of us should be surprised, but I think there was still a belief that United would go for a big name. I think this also puts to bed any thoughts that Ronaldo is on his way back, and I suspect Rooney will be on his way out as well.

• Like 2

In some ways it's a risk, and in others it's a safe appointment, probably a manger that's not going to rock the boat, is not controversial, and is steady. Some might forget that Ferguson tried to get Moyes years back when he was at Preston as his number two, but ended up with McClaren, so I suppose none of us should be surprised, but I think there was still a belief that United would go for a big name. I think this also puts to bed any thoughts that Ronaldo is on his way back, and I suspect Rooney will be on his way out as well.

i wonder if there's a fine line between a safe appointment and a vanity project mate. many, probably younger, united fans are going postal about this. they wanted mourinho or klopp or guardiola. this *might* be a sound football decision made by ferguson based on his knowwledge and experience, but if you're honest it's a hell of a gamble. ole solskjaer has at least won a couple of leagues, albeit in norway.

To be fair to Moyes understanding what he would like to do and what he was able to do(no money)is difficult at Everton,one thing he seems to have is control over his players and as i said before a lot of respect in the game.

Who knows joining United is also a dream for any manager and with the players and the tradition which really is ingrained in the club thanks to Ferguson it just might bring out the best in him also he has in Phelan and Mangosteen for support.It taint all bad.

I think you're right about Rooney as I think they are looking for money to sign Bale with a big cash + player offer. I'm pretty sure Leighton Baines will be heading to OT and Evra will be moving on too.

Busby ghost didn't do Fergie much harm,who knows it is a difficult one.

To be fair to Moyes understanding what he would like to do and what he was able to do(no money)is difficult at Everton,one thing he seems to have is control over his players and as i said before a lot of respect in the game.

Who knows joining United is also a dream for any manager and with the players and the tradition which really is ingrained in the club thanks to Ferguson it just might bring out the best in him also he has in Phelan and Mangosteen for support.It taint all bad.

moyes has done a decent job at everton but that's all. he isn't ferguson at aberdeen. and control over players at everton is very different from control over players at a proper big club (hello sharecropper).

he's taking steve round with him by the way. so phelan's role could be limited to match of the day interviews.

A pretty plausible scenario that. I've been convinced Rooney was on his way out even if SAF had stayed. Now it seems much more likely. I was also convinced that there was a very good chance Ronaldo would be returning-much, much less likely now. I hadn't put much stock in the Bale to United speculation, but that also seems more of a possibility. The wheels will be a turning, no question.

that's not the same thing. busby was actually dead. much to my regret, ferguson isn't yet.

But in between Busby and Fergie there was what, 4 managers (i think). He wasn't stepping into Busby's shoes whilst they were still warm. This is a different scenario. And I don't think United would put up with another decade of winning nowt.

i think if ferguson had stayed then rooney was almost certainly gone. moyes? he'll want to keep him. might not be his decision though.

united will still be in the mix for every top player including bale but the dynamic has changed. they're playing for united still but not playing for mister ferguson. it's an influencer.