Manchester United

redrus

Mourinho has won 2 in 6 years with 2 separate teams. this year should've been his 3rd.

Should have been his 3rd? On what basis?
On the basis that I know more about football than you ever! will. Don't change the subject, he still has reached an equal number of Champions League trophies in a quarter of the time it took fergie..
The subject here that you brought up is Mourinho's record. You stated that he should have won his third Champion's League trophy this year. All i was asking was for you to explain why you think that. If you don't know why you said it, just say so, rather than coming out with all this childish trolling crap.

Fellow managers

Sir Alex Ferguson: "David is a man of great integrity with a strong work ethic. I've admired his work for a long time. He was a young man then at the start of his career and has since gone on to do a magnificent job at Everton. There is no question he has all the qualities we expect of a manager at this club.”

Howard Kendall, former Everton boss: “David Moyes is such an inspirational manager. He and Sir Alex have always had a close relationship and they are similar as men. They are both ultra-professional and the way they go about their jobs is similar. The Old Trafford hierarchy will want stability and for some things to remain the same. With Moyes and Ferguson in the background helping him from time to time, they can have that."

Harry Redknapp, QPR manager: "David Moyes could manage any club. He's proved what he could do at Everton without spending fortunes. What could he do at a club with resources? He could do a fantastic job there. They say: 'He's never won a major trophy', but you can't win a major trophy unless you manage one of the big four.”

Graham Taylor, former England manager: "Everton broke into the top four and challenged. To be able to still be doing that, bearing in mind the amount of money David has available to him to spend in comparison to the big four, is an absolutely first-class achievement by him."

Kenny Dalglish, former Liverpool manager: "Moyes has done a fantastic job at Everton. I've got a great deal of respect for David Moyes."

Steve Bruce, Hull City manager: "He's cut from the same cloth [as Sir Alex]. It wouldn't surprise me if he got the job and I'm sure he would be very successful. He's not had huge finances but he has still managed to put an Everton team together that comfortably finishes in the top 10."

Everton colleagues

Tim Howard: "David Moyes has a real good recipe for success. He doesn't just bring in every good player available. He brings in guys who can play two positions who will also buy into [the club's ethos]. And then he guides them along. He's an incredible motivator. And he gets better at it every year."

Phil Neville: “His method is to push you to your limits in training and then the match is easy. He has developed as a manager too because he has looked at things differently. He’s gone from a British-based, solid team to a more foreign-based one with more flair. The DNA of a David Moyes team is clear: hard work, spirit, togetherness

Carry on trying to convince yourself that you have got yourself a top drawer managercheesy.gif

Moyes is a decent manager, nothing more nothing less. He has won squat all the years he has been managing, and is now in charge of one of the biggest teams in the world.

It is a recipe for disaster.

The fact that they are a club used to success year in year out, AND have recently become a publicly traded company, means that there is almost zero chance of Moyes completing his 6 yr stint. I n fact I would be amazed if he lasts more than 18 months.

Happy Daysclap2.gifclap2.gif

laugh.png

And all of that above is more like they are giving him a eulogy. Which it probably will be in the not too distant future.

And city fans are getting all giddy, might as well not turn up next season as city have the title in the bagbiggrin.png don't worry the big man will help moyes settle in, and we might actually start playing players in the right position, bring in the right additions, and add a bit of steel to the team, and we might even be a better side, who knows until the season start,i just know there are a lot of ABU's getting giddy like this is the end of man utd and i think you will be in for a rude shock.

• Like 2

And city fans are getting all giddy, might as well not turn up next season as city have the title in the bagbiggrin.png

No nev, we ain't RAGs and would never assume such a thing because we know there are other teams on the planet and not just us. But yes, all ABU's a pretty giddy over this appointment. Apart from you taking on Mark Hughes (or some other wannabe manager who was a United player) it's probably the best we could have hoped for. I would have been worried had you got Mourinho

And city fans are getting all giddy, might as well not turn up next season as city have the title in the bagbiggrin.png

No nev, we ain't RAGs and would never assume such a thing because we know there are other teams on the planet and not just us. But yes, all ABU's a pretty giddy over this appointment. Apart from you taking on Mark Hughes (or some other wannabe manager who was a United player) it's probably the best we could have hoped for. I would have been worried had you got Mourinho

100% agree.

I honestly thought they would have got Klopp (experience in Europe, gives youth a chance).

But David Moyes is a God-send!laugh.png

• Like 1

It could have been worse, we could have ended up with Mankini.

Yeah. Cos in 3 seasons he's won the FA Cup, Prem League and another FA CUp Final tomorrow. Bearing in mind the sparcity of trophy's in the preceding 35 years, he's been an outright failure.

All change...... No, just the manager. I've said already, you lot have been predicting our downfall for the last 22 years, nothing has changed.

If we win, brilliant, you lot still hate us, we still win trophies... If we lose, we win nowt, you still hate us but, we get our club back from the half n half scarf wearing chino <deleted>....

Its win win for me, no matter how you lot dress Moyes down.... ;)

redrus

• Like 2

All change...... No, just the manager. I've said already, you lot have been predicting our downfall for the last 22 years, nothing has changed.

If we win, brilliant, you lot still hate us, we still win trophies... If we lose, we win nowt, you still hate us but, we get our club back from the half n half scarf wearing chino <deleted>....

Its win win for me, no matter how you lot dress Moyes down.... wink.png

I like your "glass half full" thinking Russ wink.png

• Like 1

Always mate, you know that..

He's the manager now, our manager. It makes diddely squat of a difference what you lads think of him now, or what he's not won, he's on to a hiding for nothing from you lot anyway, same as De Gea at the start, he proved you wrong...., Im willing to stand by Moyes too. He's not the world class marquee signing the world expected, but might just be thee nost astute signing Fergie has ever made but, none of us will know till we 'get it on' ........ wink.png

You never know, he might turn out to be another Djemba twin, then you lot can have your laugh and say 'I told you so' but, until then, you should all know better, your attitude to United has bitten you all on the arse so many times, yet still you jump on that ship, expecting not to sink n get wet...... Fergie is still around too.

I look forward to another great season gents...., see you on the other side.... x

redrus

Edited by redrus
  • Like 1

Always mate, you know that..

He's the manager now, our manager. It makes diddely squat of a difference what you lads think of him now, or what he's not won, he's on to a hiding for nothing from you lot anyway,

I think in fairness Russ, he's onto a hiding for nothingfrom your lot too. If he wins something, then so he should cos of what Fergie left him. If he wins nowt.......well, we know what the outcome will be.

I'm not gonna read a Man U or Man C thread whilke there are probably parallel conversations going on in their in-decline counterparts.

Ok I know WhoTF caressmile.png

I will not start a new thread on sir alex but put this in here he is still our manager, but this is a great tribute from a scouser to him, just shows what a great man he is.

http://marksimonfrankland.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/an-anfield-tribute-to-dark-knight-of.html?m=1

I will not start a new thread on sir alex but put this in here he is still our manager, but this is a great tribute from a scouser to him, just shows what a great man he is.

http://marksimonfrankland.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/an-anfield-tribute-to-dark-knight-of.html?m=1

Great manager maybe, certainly not a great man.

As an LFC fan I am glad he has gone. I saw him arrive and was happy that he spent a few years doing nothing, then we had some good years of battling for the title, then he really started to get on my nerves. Consistently reshaping you lot into title winners, and making new teams. I am glad he is gone. Great manager, to the outsiders too powerful, to insiders a God. Like I said, glad he's gone. i can't help thinking that Moyes should not start changing the team too much too soon, and I'm wouldn't be too keen on Felani joining either. Good luck to Moyes, he is following a legend. I am glad he's gone.

If this happens, it will be his first major mistake! Leighton Baines definitely.

As an LFC fan I am glad he has gone. I saw him arrive and was happy that he spent a few years doing nothing, then we had some good years of battling for the title, then he really started to get on my nerves. Consistently reshaping you lot into title winners, and making new teams. I am glad he is gone. Great manager, to the outsiders too powerful, to insiders a God. Like I said, glad he's gone. i can't help thinking that Moyes should not start changing the team too much too soon, and I'm wouldn't be too keen on Felani joining either. Good luck to Moyes, he is following a legend. I am glad he's gone.

If this happens, it will be his first major mistake! Leighton Baines definitely.

united are already in talks with both baines and fellaini according to a lad i know on merseyside. baines would definitely strengthen united, not sure how fellaini would fit in though. would change united's style of play dramatically.

• Like 1

united are already in talks with both baines and fellaini according to a lad i know on merseyside. baines would definitely strengthen united, not sure how fellaini would fit in though. would change united's style of play dramatically.

I like Fellaini more than many, but I have a hard time imagining him at United as well. Just waiting for that picture of Carrick and Fellaini standing together on the pitch. The Odd Couple.wink.png

>I will not start a new thread on sir alex but put this in here he is still our manager, but this is a great tribute from a scouser to him, just shows what a great man he is.

Boo hiss booooooooo hiss booooooooo....

Give over ya miserable sod, did you even get to the end of the piece.....passifier.gif

redrus

• Like 1

Somehow, I just can't see Fellaini in a Man U shirt and if Moyes wants him I have a feeling he will be talked out of it.....we will see. I can see Osman though, even though he's 31 he's had a terrific season, won an England call up and is stong in midfield, the sort of player that could do a good job there, this is what Moyes said about him.

"David Moyes has hailed unsung Goodison hero Leon Osman as Everton's Steven Gerrard. And he insists there will always be a place for the workaholic midfielder as long as he is in charge at Goodison".

>I will not start a new thread on sir alex but put this in here he is still our manager, but this is a great tribute from a scouser to him, just shows what a great man he is.

http://marksimonfrankland.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/an-anfield-tribute-to-dark-knight-of.html?m

=1

Boo hiss booooooooo hiss booooooooo....

Give over ya miserable sod, did you even get to the end of the piece.....passifier.gif

redrus

Exactly what i thought, he has not read the blogbiggrin.png

• Like 2

Agree about Baines,

osman's absolutely average. efficient, tidy, reasonably consistent. not what you would sign if your remit is to have a tilt at the european cup really.

Sounds like Moyes, all over.thumbsup.gif