Manchester United

redrus

And he's still claiming it was a deffo penalty, when everyone else could see it wasn't.

which one, van persie's dive?

No stevie, he was harping on about the Danny Welbeck one.

Not to mention the Liverpool goal which was well offside....Sturridge standing in the goal when the corner was taken.

5555 was waiting for that one. You can't be offside if you aren't on the pitch!

With Uniteds midfield being so mediocre,why on earth didnt Moyes play Kagawa ? He wasnt even amongst the subs.

You could play him just behind the strikers,which was the position he was so effective in for Borussia Dortmund.

And starting with Youngfacepalm.gif he hasnt had a decent game since before Euro 2012.It was him giving away a needless corner by trying to dribble out of trouble that led to Liverpools goal.

He made Nani look a half decent player,in comparison,when he came on as a sub.

Not to mention the Liverpool goal which was well offside....Sturridge standing in the goal when the corner was taken.

In the net is considered part of the pitch.

And he's still claiming it was a deffo penalty, when everyone else could see it wasn't.

Lmao !!! Sturridge could have been stood in row Z when the corner was taken & he still wouldn't have been offside.whistling.gif

Just out of interest where was Sturridge when Agger made first contact with the ball?

Correct me if I am wrong but I think he came back and was at least level at worse with the two players on the line when Agger headed the ball on.

Correct me if I am wrong but I think he came back and was at least level at worse with the two players on the line when Agger headed the ball on.

Correct but when the corner was taken he is clearly offside and then when Agger heads it he is onside,i think you can safely say he was interfering with play and therefore was offside when the corner was taken.

It is a rule that needs clarifying.

Correct but when the corner was taken he is clearly offside and then when Agger heads it he is onside,i think you can safely say he was interfering with play and therefore was offside when the corner was taken.

Agreed it definitely needs clarifying. I think that if there was any doubt and if indeed he was interfering with play the United players and would have said something at the time and Moyes would have made the point after the game.

• Like 1

You can't be offside from a corner !!!

Inside the goal aint part of the playing pitch....I don't believe you can be offside or interfering with play if yer off the pitch.

You need to get the rule book out mate.

So you can stand off the pitch for a free kick and lean against the post.......when the free kick is taken and the goalie parries it you can just run on and tap it into the goal?............sorry you are interfering with play and are offside.

Inside the goal is definitely considered part of the pitch.

Inside the goal aint part of the playing pitch....I don't believe you can be offside or interfering with play if yer off the pitch.

You need to get the rule book out mate.

So you can stand off the pitch for a free kick and lean against the post.......when the free kick is taken and the goalie parries it you can just run on and tap it into the goal?............sorry you are interfering with play and are offside.

Inside the goal is definitely considered part of the pitch.

Your not allowed to leave the pitch without the refs permission so you couldnt do that, ungentmanly conduct as well !

Did you not know that Red ?

• Like 1

You can't be offside from a corner,simple as that.The fact that Sturridge wandered behind the goal line has no bearing on anything.You are clutching at straws.

Did you not know that Red ?

Red, go and stand in the corner and repeat after me " you cannot be offside from a corner" now keep saying it until you understand biggrin.png

• Like 1

christ he's sounding desperate. and only three games in.

Yes because managers usually never moan about refereeing decisions after losing. Come on, he's not sounding desperate, he's sounding like a football manager.

The only desperate thing to come out of that game is all the cries of "see, there you go, all that stuff we have been saying about how crap Moyes is and how Man United are ruined without SAF, has been proven from 3 games", one a convincing thrashing against a strong up and coming side, another a home draw to a top side, and the last, a loss at Anfield in a game in which Liverpool edged the first half, whilst Man United more than edged Liverpool in the second, but couldn't manage to score. For crying out loud. It's three games <deleted>. The three first games for a manager that has taken on just about the biggest club job out there and who is having to help that club through a transitional period of change and adjustment. It's not an overnight job. All the fans that expect and demand overnight glory and success and deem it a failure if not delivered in the first five minutes and call for heads to roll, please save those mighty standards for your own fantastic clubs. Stop projecting those stupid short-sighted expectations onto United, because we don't share them.

Ironic that all these people now saying "oh but Fergie wouldn't have done that" or "now if Fergie were here, that would never have happened", are for the most part, the exact same people who for the last however many years, would routinely tell us a good half dozen times a season after a draw or a loss, how "Fergie is past it... Fergie has lost it.. Fergie should have retired last year". saai.gif

really? sure about that?

notwithstanding that you can't be offside off a corner. you are having a shocking, desperate, wrong nightmare here mr ed.

• Like 1

It was a good performance but without any bite up front and creativity,never rated Young and to play Giggs instead of Kagawa must mean he is being sold back to Germany.

Liverpool got lucky early on and hung on to there win in the end,but good defending nevertheless.

Still very confident about us as it is always the toughest game of the season.

I am sorry Red but I can not agree, it was a poor performance all round yesterday. No excuses. sad.png

BT coffee1.gif

The only time you can be offside from a corner is if the ball is touched again, by the attacking team (eg a flick on). Hence why some attacking players cross the goalline when the corner is struck, so they are not on the field of play and cannot be ruled offside, should the ball be flicked on.

redrus

"If a player is not interfering with play or seeking to gain

an advantage, then he should be."

Bill Shankly.

Happy with Sturridge.

Brendan Rodgers has got more nouse than David Moyes.

Sorry.

Edited by SinglePot

The only time you can be offside from a corner is if the ball is touched again, by the attacking team (eg a flick on). Hence why some attacking players cross the goalline when the corner is struck, so they are not on the field of play and cannot be ruled offside, should the ball be flicked on.

redrus

So then your not offside from the corner are ya, your offside from where the ball was touched tongue.png

Poor performance yesterday, it was almost like watching Everton. Moyes, so far has not looked like the right person for the job, but he will get time. Lets see what he does in the remaing few hours of the transfer market. Disappointed that he didn't go for Ozil, who IMO is a far better option than Herrera or Felinni, both of which look like they are on the way.

As for managers under pressure, Di Canio gone by Christmas.

• Like 2

Poor performance yesterday, it was almost like watching Everton. Moyes, so far has not looked like the right person for the job, but he will get time. Lets see what he does in the remaing few hours of the transfer market. Disappointed that he didn't go for Ozil, who IMO is a far better option than Herrera or Felinni, both of which look like they are on the way.

As for managers under pressure, Di Canio gone by Christmas.

Ah, you beat me to the post about Di Canio. He's much ado about very little it seems.