Manchester United

redrus

Transfer Talk: Deadline day

Views expressed in this article do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Manchester United FC... (but are off the site)

19:30 Marouane Fellaini has just arrived at Everton's Finch Farm training ground, reports Sky Sports News.

19:30 Ander Herrera has agreed a five-year deal with United, according to ITV, citing reports in Spain. It' s claimed that Reds officials have arrived at the headquarters of the nation's football authorities to pay the Athletic Club midfielder's release clause, allowing the Basque playmaker to move to Old Trafford before tonight’s deadline.

19:10 Brazilian site Sambafoot forwards Guilherme Siqueira as an option for either United or Everton, depending where Leighton Baines ends up come 11pm. The highly-rated Granada left-back has been linked with both clubs in the past.

redrus

When Fergie took over, the club was in a mess and hadn't won the league for 17 years. Moyes, has inherited a team that one the league last season...............

I think realistically times have changed, expectations are higher and Moyes has to deliver quickly. The club should not be going backwards.

Just quoted the bits I am referring to:-

This is why myself and many more on here said for several years, that the job was a poisoned chalice for anyone taking over from SAF. It's a lose, lose situation and that's why I said Mourinho wouldn't take over. He's an interim Manager or fall guy, so that someone else with better credentials will save the day.

I reckon Thaksin will come in next year, do some extra judicial killings of rival players, and pay off all the refs. Well then be back at the top of the legue, until he skims off all the money and does a runner...

You know, I'm sure I've heard that story somewhere before....tongue.png

redrus

Funny enough, there was a version of that somewhere at a second rate club.....

• Like 1

Just quoted the bits I am referring to:-

This is why myself and many more on here said for several years, that the job was a poisoned chalice for anyone taking over from SAF. It's a lose, lose situation and that's why I said Mourinho wouldn't take over. He's an interim Manager or fall guy, so that someone else with better credentials will save the day.

I reckon Thaksin will come in next year, do some extra judicial killings of rival players, and pay off all the refs. Well then be back at the top of the legue, until he skims off all the money and does a runner...

You know, I'm sure I've heard that story somewhere before....tongue.png

Funny enough, there was a version of that somewhere at a second rate club.....

Nice attempt at trying to deflect from the woes at your club boys. But you must try harder than that biggrin.png

Only woes are that we lost to the dippers mate, but thats done with now..... Onwards.

redrus

I noticed you didn't say ..and upwards. Is realization dawning?wink.png

Hahahaha, we're Champions again old son, you can't get higher so yeah, its onwards. See you next season, maybe my answer will different, we've given everyone the biggest chance of all. ;)

redrus

21:09 BBC Sport report that Wigan chairman Dave Whelan has confirmed a loan move for Nick Powell has been agreed to run the course of the Championship season.

Big big shame for me this, I hoped we'd get him in quicker with our current situation, but our loan deals have worked out well in the past, assertaining whether the lad is good enough or not. Wigan and Whelan will be a real test for him.

redrus

Coentrao from Madrid, would never had guessed that.

U sure????? I've heard you went in for him too late.

That was the info dead on 11pm in the UK, now it looks like it might not have gon through.

Poor business, less than impressed, either way. 27.5 million for Felliani is well over priced, and the rest of Moyes handling of targets has been clown like. His first test, so far IMO is a big fail. Lets see what he does next.

• Like 1

That was the info dead on 11pm in the UK, now it looks like it might not have gon through.

Poor business, less than impressed, either way. 27.5 million for Felliani is well over priced, and the rest of Moyes handling of targets has been clown like. His first test, so far IMO is a big fail. Lets see what he does next.

Bit Harsh Toady, he is not in charge of "getting" the targets - just the - yes I want him etc I think others are at fault here BUT I am sure it will NOT happen again. Well I hope so thumbsup.gif

BT smile.png

• Like 1

Under Fergie we tended to have one big marquee signing every three years or so, and in the interim, either holding what we have or bringing in a few lower profile additions. Don't think United have ever been renowned for spectacular and exciting transfer windows, with the odd exception.

So were Fergie still with us, i don't necessarily think we would be drooling over all the new signings he had brought in. OK, he may well have not gone for Felliani, - and i admit i wouldn't have done either as i think he's too much of a red card liability - but Moyes knows the player inside out and he obviously thinks he'll be useful. Let's trust his judgement.

I understand all the ABUs and i-told-you-so's tripping over themselves in the scramble to declare Moyes a failure, but for United supporters to be putting him under more pressure than he already is, with all this negative doom and gloom crap, after three games played and one transfer window, has me wondering whether Fergie's retirement speech in which he pleaded with supporters to give Moyes time, went in one ear and out the other. Sad. I thought we were a bit smarter than that. Seems not...

• Like 1

The way they have gone about transfers this summer has been a real mess. Whatever was said about Moyes, in the end he will be judged on results, he inherited a good team, so if there is significant regression then no supporter is going to be happy. I thought the last two performances have been poor, and the addition of Felliani will not necessarily improve some of the key weak areas. I still have no idea, as to why Moyes is so keen to get a left back in, when he has two decent ones already.

You bought an over priced Fellaini and the best left back in the country stays at Goodison Park......poor dealing IMO.

Not at all. We (Everton) did a fantastic job on that one!

United do need a playmaker,, but Fellaini can be a liability when he gets worked up - lots of niggling fouls, elbows, yellow cards and games missed.

I think Fellaini is a good signing. Can play as a DM or more forward as a scoring threat. I think the criticism of Moyes is a bit harsh, maybe more towards the Equaliser with regard to transfers.

...and what is this about fake Man U reps for the Herrera signing??

• Like 1

I think Fellaini is a good signing. Can play as a DM or more forward as a scoring threat. I think the criticism of Moyes is a bit harsh, maybe more towards the Equaliser with regard to transfers.

Fellaini's a good signing for Chelsea.

Very happy our mate Mata is still at SW6.

Talk of PSG showing interest.

I think the Equaliser could have done a better job, despite pushing up daisies for the past few years.

I expect we'll hear more about the fake United reps. Pretty cheeky.

Edited by jellydog

I expect we'll here more about the fake United reps. Pretty cheeky.

Probably Scousers.

• Like 1

Whatever was said about Moyes, in the end he will be judged on results, he inherited a good team, so if there is significant regression then no supporter is going to be happy. I thought the last two performances have been poor, and the addition of Felliani will not necessarily improve some of the key weak areas.

Sure, judge him on results, but don't judge him on three results for crying out loud, judge him on the cumulative results of several seasons.

Yes, he inherited a good team, but let's be realistic, he didn't inherit a Barcelona that could win 90% of games at a stroll, he inherited a team that had been punching above its weight for quite a long time with hard graft and will-power, and a team that was and is ageing in certain areas. Who could have walked into the job after SAF stepped down and continued things seamlessly without any difficult spells? I don't think even SAF himself could have done that.

Just be a bit patient is all i'm saying, and try to desist from all the tabloid and ABU knee jerk "what a clown", "out of his depth", "doesn't know what he's doing" crap.

• Like 2

You make some good points rixalex.

A team that was punching above its weight for quite a long time...

Aging in certain areas......

Given these facts, surely stability, stability, stability, in the safe hands of David Moyes is exactly what is NOT needed.

Transition and growth in the hands of a proven top manager whose prepared to take some calculated risks looks like a better recipe for success?

Edited by SinglePot

Whatever was said about Moyes, in the end he will be judged on results, he inherited a good team, so if there is significant regression then no supporter is going to be happy. I thought the last two performances have been poor, and the addition of Felliani will not necessarily improve some of the key weak areas.

Sure, judge him on results, but don't judge him on three results for crying out loud, judge him on the cumulative results of several seasons.

Yes, he inherited a good team, but let's be realistic, he didn't inherit a Barcelona that could win 90% of games at a stroll, he inherited a team that had been punching above its weight for quite a long time with hard graft and will-power, and a team that was and is ageing in certain areas. Who could have walked into the job after SAF stepped down and continued things seamlessly without any difficult spells? I don't think even SAF himself could have done that.

Just be a bit patient is all i'm saying, and try to desist from all the tabloid and ABU knee jerk "what a clown", "out of his depth", "doesn't know what he's doing" crap.

With 35 games to go I might suggest to its a bit early to write Moyes and the team off. I am still non plussed that United were able to win last season by 11 points. Anyone who has been following them for a lifetime would admit it was not the best team in the last decade but they pulled it off and whose to say they won't do it again. The failed time wasting pursuit of Fabregas didn't help but there must have been some encouragement from either player or agent otherwise they would have not tried. I have mixed feelings about Fellaini. Has been a thorn in United side when with Everton.His aerial presense wont hurt as we seem unable to convert anywhere near the number of crosses that come into the box. We've seen him play a number of positions with Everton, put him alongside Kagawa and Carrick and it might just be a good working partnership.The number of goals scored by United midfielders in recent years has been abysmal.

• Like 2

Some great points and good sense Rix.

I like the look of a Valencia Felliani Kagawa Carrick midfield with Rooney floating and RvP up front. Not sure how they'd work out the formation, maybe........

Valencia-Carrick-Felliani

Kagawa

Rooney

RvP

redrus

Some great points and good sense Rix.

I like the look of a Valencia Felliani Kagawa Carrick midfield with Rooney floating and RvP up front. Not sure how they'd work out the formation, maybe........

Valencia-Carrick-Felliani

Kagawa

Rooney

RvP

redrus

What, redrus playing in front of van Persie?

Ok fine. If redrus is not interfering with play he can't be offside then, innit.

• Like 1

Agree, but i will add one thing, the deal is 20 mil over 4 seasons and 7.5mil on apperances and trophies so 20 mil it is thenbiggrin.png

As for the dealing in spain we have come out of this looking like a third rate football club not one of the top clubs in europe, i put it down to glasieromics and there milking money out of our club.

By the way the 3 stooges that turned up was not from united i hear but the 3 lawyers who handled bayerns buying of one of atheletic players last season, they was trying to get a cut of the action by being a go between.