Manchester United

redrus

Still no sign of MrRed eh? laugh.png

Still hiding in the crawlspace. tongue.png

More like still on the piss! biggrin.png

I went to watch the last derby match with him and nev in Khon kaen (yeah we won that also) but MrRed lives quite a long bus ride away from the city. Now seeing as the wheels have fallen off the bus, it might take him a while to get home tongue.png

Out fought and outplayed and on the day, the best team won.

Our bus has bomb proof wheels though kids, you should remember that... x

redrus

That was until Moysie took control of the steering.laugh.png

Wasted on me that Jack... ;)

redrus

Out fought and outplayed and on the day, the best team won.

Our bus has bomb proof wheels though kids, you should remember that... x

redrus

Can't help but feel there are gonna be a lot of upset fans when they realise the truth this season rus.....your board needed to spend big on that midfield and were amateurish.

This is what happens when you let the chairman and manager leave at the same time.

Young.....and a new deal for Nani....you couldn't make it up!

A lot of hunches on here,one bad performance against our derby rivals does not make a season,City were fantastic and fully deserved the win .....4-0 and i went walkies could not stand watching Felliiani mincing about anymore what a shocker he had.

5 points is the gap after 5 very tough opening games,put into context we were <deleted> and it will be hard to play that bad again.

Well done to City.

• Like 2

A lot of hunches on here,one bad performance against our derby rivals does not make a season,City were fantastic and fully deserved the win .....4-0 and i went walkies could not stand watching Felliiani mincing about anymore what a shocker he had.

5 points is the gap after 5 very tough opening games,put into context we were <deleted> and it will be hard to play that bad again.

Well done to City.

Welcome back Red !smile.png

I'd like to think City is that good and United that bad, but I doubt it. What I do think after a day of reflection is that City was more fired up and apparently takes the derby more seriously than United. City's motivation level looked at about 10 and United at about 3. No wonder United was crushed.

Here's an article from ESPN about the game, Moyes start and United at this point in the season. A very good read and with a sense of humor.

http://espnfc.com/blog/_/name/kickingandscreaming/id/545?cc=4716

• Like 2

Well done to City

Wasn't he awful Mr Red, looks like the lemon of the season. Martinez must think it's Christmas, 27 million (could have been less than 23) and he still has Leighton Baines!

Edited by uptheos

Fergies first derby resulted in a 5-1 defeat so Moysie has improved on that thumbsup.gif he will learn well from Uniteds performance (or lack of to be more exact) we have been in this situation before and responded well,in fact its nice to see the blue mooners with a smile on thir faces once again clap2.gif every dog must have its day wai.gif

• Like 1

Fergies first derby resulted in a 5-1 defeat so Moysie has improved on that thumbsup.gif he will learn well from Uniteds performance (or lack of to be more exact) we have been in this situation before and responded well,in fact its nice to see the blue mooners with a smile on thir faces once again clap2.gif every dog must have its day wai.gif

I agree you can turn a team around in terms of commitment but how do you teach tactical acumen to Moysey?

He's clueless. You will become Everton in red shirts, all huff and puff, high ball into the box, with a Keggy Keegan team talk consisting of "we've gotta get 'at 'em!'

btw, ferguson didn't inherit the league champions so i don't really see your point.

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1

What I do think after a day of reflection is that City was more fired up and apparently takes the derby more seriously than United. City's motivation level looked at about 10 and United at about 3. No wonder United was crushed.

One thing I do know after all these years of watching City play United jelly, is that the players are always fired up for these matches. They know exactly what it means to the fans and the local bragging rights. Believe me, their performance had nothing to do with a lack of motivation or who was up for it more. We simply outplayed them and our tactics were almost faultless. United fans, players and staff all know this, cos if they don't they are in denial and how can you improve when you are in denial?

• Like 1

United fans know the midfield has been weak for years. Carrick was arguably are best player last year but when him and Fellani play together we look static and immobile.

Ashley "guess what foot im going to turn on to" Young is a joke and though i think Valencia is a good player but he never comes inside on to his left foot so like Young becomes very predictable.

Looked off the pace all round the pitch yesterday apart from Rooney. Cant believe Fellani was the only signing. Moyes is saying there arent players out there...nonsense!

United could of done with a couple of the spurs signings..Paulino...better than Fellani and i would of welcomed Eriksen.

Kagawa needs more playing time. Hasnt performed great but he is a quality player!

• Like 2

What I do think after a day of reflection is that City was more fired up and apparently takes the derby more seriously than United. City's motivation level looked at about 10 and United at about 3. No wonder United was crushed.

One thing I do know after all these years of watching City play United jelly, is that the players are always fired up for these matches. They know exactly what it means to the fans and the local bragging rights. Believe me, their performance had nothing to do with a lack of motivation or who was up for it more. We simply outplayed them and our tactics were almost faultless. United fans, players and staff all know this, cos if they don't they are in denial and how can you improve when you are in denial?

I hear you MrB and I'm sure you are right on. But, do you think United was as pumped as City ? It surely didn't look like it.

I don't mean to belittle City's performance in any way.smile.png

What City fan doing here in this Thread ?? Thought it is United fans only thread ? I would not go into City or other football thread or make a post there. Just my two baht worth. whistling.gif

No it's not a United fans only thread and your two bahts worth are not worth the two baht. This is a football forum where everyone is welcome in every thread. Neither you nor anyone else can tell members where to post or where to visit.

Message received and understood...thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Anyway, I should be satified to witnessing United 3 european Cup and 14 league Titles (1967 to this year). The other (Noisy Neighbour) will have no chance to surpass United achievement in lifetime. History cannot be bought not even Trillions barrel of oil.. I hope the Arabs oil gone dry within few years. Expert say 50 years. Then wallop .biggrin.png

Edited by Billy The Kid

I hear you MrB and I'm sure you are right on. But, do you think United was as pumped as City ? It surely didn't look like it.

I don't mean to belittle City's performance in any way.smile.png

United were pumped jelly. But I just don't think they were expecting us to be as organised and as well set up as were. We surprised them right out of the starting blocks and then broke their spirit. tongue.png

What City fan doing here in this Thread ?? Thought it is United fans only thread ? I would not go into City or other football thread or make a post there. Just my two baht worth. whistling.gif

if this thread were just a united fans only posting thread i'd be marketing the reading of it as a cure for insomnia.

No it's not a United fans only thread and your two bahts worth are not worth the two baht. This is a football forum where everyone is welcome in every thread. Neither you nor anyone else can tell members where to post or where to visit.

Way to go Mrb

Well done to City.

I'd like to think City is that good and United that bad, but I doubt it. What I do think after a day of reflection is that City was more fired up and apparently takes the derby more seriously than United. City's motivation level looked at about 10 and United at about 3. No wonder United was crushed.

Here's an article from ESPN about the game, Moyes start and United at this point in the season. A very good read and with a sense of humor.

I disagree Jelly. Seems to me City are a better team.

Moyes has no clue about flair and passion either, which doesn't help.

Well done to City.

I disagree Jelly. Seems to me City are a better team.

Moyes has no clue about flair and passion either, which doesn't help.

Moyes has no clue about passion ? What a stupid comment ,how do you think he kept Everton where he did for so many seasons with a squad that was, in value, a fraction of the top teams ? He coached them to scrap for every ball for 90 minutes.Its the Manchester United players that didn't perform.I suppose in your way of thinking ? SAF had the same "flair and passion" failures when City beat them 6-1.

Judge Moyes at the end of the season.City at this stage are a better team and can keeping buying players until the cows come home United are trying to "bring them through" and until the FA introduces some sort of salary cap, or similar, expect the likes of City and Chelsea to continue not developing players through their Academies,simple reason for the national team to be second rate.

• Like 2