Manchester United

redrus

Looking forward to getting back to the BPL, and watch united again, been in sydney for a month and have timed it to arrive home in khonkaen on saturday morning, so i can settle in with a few beers later in the evening.

Should be a good game Southampton are a good side sitting in 4th spot so not a walk over.

Indeed!

Definitely the pick of 3pm kick-offs tomorrow.

Looking forward to getting back to the BPL,

Why do you call it the BPL nev? It's the EPL and through special dispensation we've let a couple of Taffy's in. There ain't no Jockenese or Paddy's playing in it.

Barclays Premier League bj smile.png

Yes alfie, that's basically what I was asking. It's just some people I know are calling it the British Prem League cos we've let the Welsh in.

Looking forward to getting back to the BPL,

Why do you call it the BPL nev? It's the EPL and through special dispensation we've let a couple of Taffy's in. There ain't no Jockenese or Paddy's playing in it.

Yes alfie, that's basically what I was asking. It's just some people I know are calling it the British Prem League cos we've let the Welsh in.

Question Mr Bo, Is EPL based in Britain ? Is it the best league in Britain ? If yes, then it is the British Premier League in Britain !!! just a thought, it certainly better than the SPL biggrin.png

Even Alfie "might" understand, there again probably not coffee1.gif

BTbiggrin.png

Looking forward to getting back to the BPL, and watch united again, been in sydney for a month and have timed it to arrive home in khonkaen on saturday morning, so i can settle in with a few beers later in the evening.

Should be a good game Southampton are a good side sitting in 4th spot so not a walk over.

To be fair Nev i can't see United giving Southampton any problems. Certainly not on form.

• Like 2

To be fair Nev i can't see United giving Southampton any problems. Certainly not on form.

Go easy carmine. I've already got a chest infection and a cough. Any problems with me laughing gear and I'm fckd.

Question Mr Bo, Is EPL based in Britain ? Is it the best league in Britain ? If yes, then it is the British Premier League in Britain !!! just a thought, it certainly better than the SPL biggrin.png

BTbiggrin.png

Well in that case Britain is also in Europe and it's the best league in Europe, so we are back to European Prem League (EPL) biggrin.png

• Like 1

sorry mr bo, just call it barclays premier league as that what it is now,same as carling cup or what ever it is called now,cant really call it football league anymore,bit touchy mate you worried about the bad start from your manager too. 55

BTbiggrin.png

Well in that case Britain is also in Europe and it's the best league in Europe, so we are back to European Prem League (EPL) biggrin.png

We need to rethink this " the best league in Europe" stuff. The reason top teams are losing games is because they are not as good as they were. It is very unlikely that man u or chelsea will win it, spurs not a chance, man c could go further. If we really think we are the best we should petition for TPL---the Premier League, and stop pretending we give a toss about Europe (apart from raping their teams)

We need to rethink this " the best league in Europe" stuff. The reason top teams are losing games is because they are not as good as they were. It is very unlikely that man u or chelsea will win it, spurs not a chance, man c could go further. If we really think we are the best we should petition for TPL---the Premier League, and stop pretending we give a toss about Europe (apart from raping their teams)

What League (not individual teams) do you suggest is better than the Prem nelly?

Nelly, how do you define "best league in the world?" For excitement it is. Much better than the dour monotony of La Liga for example. Two horse race followed by Athletico. Snore. Who cares whats going on in France. Serie A isn't up to much. Can't comment on south american league as we don't get regular access.

A great deal of the problem with English football, in my humble opinion is not enough English players playing regular CL football which is of the highest quality

• Like 1

Nelly, how do you define "best league in the world?" For excitement it is. Much better than the dour monotony of La Liga for example. Two horse race followed by Athletico. Snore. Who cares whats going on in France. Serie A isn't up to much. Can't comment on south american league as we don't get regular access.

A great deal of the problem with English football, in my humble opinion is not enough English players playing regular CL football which is of the highest quality

me. ligue un was a brilliant league until this summer and the arrival of monaco.

'best league in the world' is a sky sports construction and real football fans should run a mile from it. is it exciting? is it fast and frenetic? do you like watching it? fair enough, good for you. why this need to be the 'best'?

me. ligue un was a brilliant league until this summer and the arrival of monaco.

'best league in the world' is a sky sports construction and real football fans should run a mile from it. is it exciting? is it fast and frenetic? do you like watching it? fair enough, good for you. why this need to be the 'best'?

Money.

Money.

so 'the barclays premier league: the richest league in the world' is accurate and undisputable.

and yeah, claiming it's the 'best' probably does help them market it around the world i suppose. but as for where the majority of the world's best players play their football, england hasn't been able to make that claim for a long time. if ever at all in fact.

Not really no. I think its best teams aren't that good. Point in its favour this season is that a number of smaller clubs appear to be noticeably better. But the need to keep hyping it seems really insecure. The bundesliga doesn't seem to need to do it despite being 'better' in pretty much every way. Stronger top teams, better run, better fan experience etc.

I may be wrong ( it does happen) but I think NellyP is questioning whether there is any team in the Barclay's Premier League good enough to win the Champion's League this season.

United, City, Arsenal, Chelsea.

If you were putting money on it I think I'd go for Bayern.

Premier League this season looks loaded with great players who could be stars at the World Cup.

Not really no. I think its best teams aren't that good. Point in its favour this season is that a number of smaller clubs appear to be noticeably better. But the need to keep hyping it seems really insecure. The bundesliga doesn't seem to need to do it despite being 'better' in pretty much every way. Stronger top teams, better run, better fan experience etc.

stronger top teams?

Well a poor United side just beat Leverkuson who are currently in third position with Dortmund and Bayern above them just.

Better run.........how?

Better fan experience.......how?

As for the rest at the moment they are average so personally i think it is no better at all

RANK CLUB MATCHES GD* PTS.* 1
Bayern München 8 +12 20
Dortmund 8 +14 19
Leverkusen 8 +10 19
M'Gladbach 8 +6 13
Hannover 96 8 0 13
Berlin 8 +5 12
Stuttgart 8 +6 11
Schalke 04 8 -3 11
Bremen 8 -3 11
Hoffenheim 8 0 10
Mainz 05 8 -5 10
Augsburg 8 -6 10
Frankfurt 8 -2 9
Wolfsburg 8 -2 9
Hamburg 8 -2 8
Nürnberg 8 -8 5
Freiburg 8 -9 4
Braunschweig 8 -13 4

I think barca, Madrid, Bayern, Dortmund, PSG and possibly juventus and Napoli are all at least if not much more likely to win it than any English side this season.

I think the Italian teams are not up to snuff. Napoli and Juventus can be a handful on any given day but don't have the depth to go far in the CL. Its no scoop that Bayern are the cream of the crop. The teams you note are one fairly big notch below IMO. Still a long time to go though. I wouldn't shortchange Arsenal particularly if their injured get fit. And as a dark horse, Atletico Madrid can hold their own with nearly anybody at the moment. Simeone has them playing out of their heads.

From the EPL I can't see United doing much. Chelsea has too many chinks in the armor. City, on paper look tough, but are still a work in progress, and if Kompany can't get completely fit they'll have a tough time.

Only my 2 cents.smile.png

The Bundesliga is good but still second to the Premier League,even the Championship is better than the French or Italian Leagues.

I guess you must have missed the Champions League Final then?

Manure are the English Champions. Of course they should turn over the Bundesliga's 3rd best team at home. Bayern, on the other hand, would have given you the same pasting as they gave your noisy neighbours.

I may be wrong ( it does happen) but I think NellyP is questioning whether there is any team in the Barclay's Premier League good enough to win the Champion's League this season.

United, City, Arsenal, Chelsea.

If you were putting money on it I think I'd go for Bayern.

Premier League this season looks loaded with great players who could be stars at the World Cup.

You are perfectly correct that I don't think any team in the BPL (pardon my spelling it's late) are good enough to win the champions league. I didn't realise that i didn't mention the most important two words. But I was also saying that we only think the league is the best because it is "our" league (I am Welsh). Please don't get me wrong, I love our football, but it is definately not the best in the world, and our league is also not the most competative simply because teams have become stronger, I honestly think that the historically best teams have started to lose it; ough I would still rather any of our teams winning the CL rather than another country's