Manchester United

redrus

For the record: Fair result today.

I can not believe the SCUM of Cardiff booed Giggs when he came on!

Then again, they are mostly scum.

What has Giggs done to deserve this?

His own hometown, playing there for the first time in his career.

Hope this Hillbilly team goes down.

For the record: Fair result today.

I can not believe the SCUM of Cardiff booed Giggs when he came on!

Then again, they are mostly scum.

What has Giggs done to deserve this?

His own hometown, playing there for the first time in his career.

Hope this Hillbilly team goes down.

I worked in South Wales once....only once mind.

The refereeing has gone sideways this weekend, Rooney should be off the park

True, and so should one of the Cardiff players later on.
Yeah Rooney should have been sent off, and of course Cardiff and all the ABUs will be up in arms about that - well perhaps less so as we didn't win the game - but personally my sympathies for the injustice are tempered by the fact that Rooney was being fouled by a player who was simply obstructing him from getting to the ball. Doesn't excuse kicking him of course but it's what we'd all like to do in the same situation.

Plus, as Travel2003 says, Fellaini got punched towards the end without punishment.

Anyway, regards the game, it's always painful when you come close to winning a game but end up drawing in the last minute or so, but i do think it was quite a fair result on the balance of play. Not all teams will come away from there with a point.

We lacked fluidity though, and nobody really stood out besides Rooney. Januzaj as always looked bright but his decision making which has always been suspect, really let him down this time. Our other winger Valenicia... hardly knew he was on the pitch.

Couple of great chances fluffed at the end to snatch victory back, but wasn't to be. Oh well... onwards we go...

• Like 2

Poor performance again by United. Lost count of the times the ball was given away and mostly when not under any pressure.If you compared City's performance with United you might be excused for thinking it was in a different league. I don't blame Moyes he doesn't make mistakes on the field and miss open goals but he is going to have massive clean out of players in the near future especially in the midfield where we are devoid of any creativity. Nani ,Anderson,Young, Cleverley (sadly) are simply not good enough at this level.

While Smalling had a reasonable game he too gives away unnecesaary free kicks and Evra has gone back to ball watching when he should be defending as if his life depended on it. I think we can write this season of unless there is a massive lift in performances. Not to be unkind to Cardiff but they are a very ordinary team who United should have rolled with ease if they have title aspirations.

It keeps being said that the money is there for players of quality and Scholes has still not been replaced.The service Rooney and Hernandes got last night was non existent. I think losing David Gill at the same time as SAF was a huge mistake.

Poor performance again by United. Lost count of the times the ball was given away and mostly when not under any pressure.If you compared City's performance with United you might be excused for thinking it was in a different league.

How many points did City take from Cardiff City Stadium?

Poor performance again by United. Lost count of the times the ball was given away and mostly when not under any pressure.If you compared City's performance with United you might be excused for thinking it was in a different league.

Le us use that one as a consolation when city lifts the 1st prize, and we not qualified for CL.

Le us use that one as a consolation when city lifts the 1st prize, and we not qualified for CL.
Deary me. What defeatist nonsense.

Deary me. What defeatist nonsense.

Yes it was as defeatist as your City/Cardiff reference was not relevant.

Because City's performance in Cardiff doesn't hide the fact that we played below what we should expect.

Edited by Travel2003

I think we struggled because we had a mop in the centre of midfield if Moyes has made one mistake it was going to Everton and buying him....Defo not a United player for me.

It is also very clear now that Hernandez is NOT a ninety minute player a very good impact player off the bench but sadly he is never the same when starting a game.

Evra and Evans on that left side for me does not work both like ball watching far to much.

Anyway we should of still won the game but didn't there are only three things that are guaranteed this season and they are that a lot more twists and turns will happen.......Spurs will not qualify for the Champions League and AVB will be sacked biggrin.png

The plus point is that we have now played both Welsh clubs away from home and not been beat because if anything they both battle hard and have a very passionate crowd behind them that carries both teams for the 90 minutes.

Yaki dar tongue.png

Where was Shingi?

We took all three at Cardiff and look what City did to us. This is a very strange season.

The refereeing has gone sideways this weekend, Rooney should be off the park

True, and so should one of the Cardiff players later on.
Yeah Rooney should have been sent off, and of course Cardiff and all the ABUs will be up in arms about that - well perhaps less so as we didn't win the game - but personally my sympathies for the injustice are tempered by the fact that Rooney was being fouled by a player who was simply obstructing him from getting to the ball. Doesn't excuse kicking him of course but it's what we'd all like to do in the same situation.

Plus, as Travel2003 says, Fellaini got punched towards the end without punishment.

Anyway, regards the game, it's always painful when you come close to winning a game but end up drawing in the last minute or so, but i do think it was quite a fair result on the balance of play. Not all teams will come away from there with a point.

We lacked fluidity though, and nobody really stood out besides Rooney. Januzaj as always looked bright but his decision making which has always been suspect, really let him down this time. Our other winger Valenicia... hardly knew he was on the pitch.

Couple of great chances fluffed at the end to snatch victory back, but wasn't to be. Oh well... onwards we go...

Honestly Rix, are you really trying to create a link between a player needlessly kicking another and not getting sent off with Manchester United supporters childish self indulgent ABU label?

Most of us don't think of or care enough about United to hate them anyway.

rooney simply shouldn't have been on the pitch to score and assist united's goals. was spineless refereeing and rooney's twitter comments since have been just as pathetic.

Ofcourse it would take a gormless <deleted> to make twitter comments having just gotten away with that.

But yes, Cardiff have every right to feel very aggrieved with the referee.

rooney simply shouldn't have been on the pitch to score and assist united's goals. was spineless refereeing and rooney's twitter comments since have been just as pathetic.

OHHH ahhh Stevie

thank <deleted> Suarez isn't a twiiter eh?

All you lot seem to have forgot his horrific tackle in the derby at Everton last season which HE never got sent off for....remember!

I thought Rooney"s comments were honest btw

And Carmine .......just before Cardiff scored do you think there player should of been sent off for aiming and connecting an upper cut to the floor cleaner?

After all it was a very important time of the game wasn't it? i feel United have also much to be aggrieved at.

Hope you are feeling better after your embarrassment yesterday as your manager said you should be ashamed of yourself"s cheesy.gif

United next weekcheesy.gif

OHHH ahhh Stevie

thank fuc_k Suarez isn't a twiiter eh?

All you lot seem to have forgot his horrific tackle in the derby at Everton last season which HE never got sent off for....remember!

I thought Rooney"s comments were honest btw

And Carmine .......just before Cardiff scored do you think there player should of been sent off for aiming and connecting an upper cut to the floor cleaner?

After all it was a very important time of the game wasn't it? i feel United have also much to be aggrieved at.

Hope you are feeling better after your embarrassment yesterday as your manager said you should be ashamed of yourself"s cheesy.gif

United next weekcheesy.gif

Good job its the United of the present then and not the pastwink.png btw, i think the most surprising thing about Rooney tweeting is that the little prick can actually write.

Honestly Rix, are you really trying to create a link between a player needlessly kicking another and not getting sent off with Manchester United supporters childish self indulgent ABU label?

A player needlessly kicking another? What was needless about it? When a player runs straight across your path and obstructs you with their arm and body, with no intention of playing the ball, you might feel a bit of a clip to the back of leg is what they need. Not like we are talking a flying leg breaking scissor kick. wink.png

Not saying i condone what Rooney did (had he got red i wouldn't have argued with that), but i do understand that what he did wasn't without provocation, and i'll admit to not feeling especially sorry for Cardiff that he wasn't sent off, especially when considering what they got away with at the end of game.

Yes it was as defeatist as your City/Cardiff reference was not relevant.

Because City's performance in Cardiff doesn't hide the fact that we played below what we should expect.

I agree we played below what we should expect, but i don't see why, if we are comparing ourselves to City, we can't compare the result they got from Cardiff and the result we got. Seems highly relevant to me.

And as carmine says, this is a very strange season. If you take one weekend in isolation, say the weekend two weeks ago when we beat the league leaders and when City lost, things look like they are swinging in one direction, and then if you look at this weekend just gone, you could say they are swinging in another direction altogether, particularly for Spurs.

Bottom line is, no team is being particularly consistent. Things are changing quite wildly from one week to the next. Some United fans need to stop being quite so reactionary.

A player needlessly kicking another? What was needless about it? When a player runs straight across your path and obstructs you with their arm and body, with no intention of playing the ball, you might feel a bit of a clip to the back of leg is what they need. Not like we are talking a flying leg breaking scissor kick. wink.png

Not saying i condone what Rooney did (had he got red i wouldn't have argued with that), but i do understand that what he did wasn't without provocation, and i'll admit to not feeling especially sorry for Cardiff that he wasn't sent off, especially when considering what they got away with at the end of game.

its a straight red, pure and simple, and another example of weak refereeing. I don't condone the actions of the Cardiff player late, not at all. i would however, be very surprised if they were not highly aggrieved that Rooney remained in the game and had so much influence on matters when he shouldn't have been on the pitch in the first place.

You don't have to be anti any club to see this, although after twenty odd years of Ferguson telling United fans "its because everyone hates us" i'm not surprised you are being so generous to Rooney.

Edited by carmine

suarez has got nothing to do with this mr ed. amateurish point avoidance there mate.

Apparently if you are annoyed that a Man Utd can kick another player and get away scott free then you are an ABU:facepalm:

Yes you are if in the same game there was punching going on that seemingly doesn't annoy you... if it did annoy you, yet to hear about it anyway.

suarez has got nothing to do with this mr ed. amateurish point avoidance there mate.

Apparently if you are annoyed that a Man Utd can kick another player and get away scott free then you are an ABU:facepalm:

Yes you are if in the same game there was punching going on that seemingly doesn't annoy you... if it did annoy you, yet to hear about it anyway.

i remember Ballotelli stamping on Parkers face and getting away scott free but we didn't whine on about you're all ABT's and everyone hates us.

Simple fact is that the punch deserved a straight red too but regardless of that you should have been down to ten men much earlier should you not?

its a straight red, pure and simple, and another example of weak refereeing.

Where am i disputing that?

I don't condone the actions of the Cardiff player late, not at all. i would however, be very surprised if they were not highly aggrieved that Rooney remained in the game and had so much influence on matters when he shouldn't have been on the pitch in the first place.

You are making the exact same argument as i am, just for different players. You are saying you don't condone the Cardiff player who punched Fellaini in the face, but you understand how it happened. Same as what i am saying about the Rooney incident.

i remember Ballotelli stamping on Parkers face and getting away scott free but we didn't whine on about you're all ABT's and everyone hates us.

How is that at all comparable? That wasn't one of your players getting away with a bit of violent conduct, that was someone else's player. Why would you have been whining? Everyone seemed to agree that you were hard done by. No?

Good job its the United of the present then and not the past;) btw, i think the most surprising thing about Rooney tweeting is that the little prick can actually write.

"little prick" what command of the English language you have-well done-education must be high in your household?

I understand stevie!

You forgot about that tackle didnt you? tongue.png

BUT but but but Mirales should of been sent off lol

carry on.