Manchester United

redrus

Yep. Fuelled by LVG.

Where's the passion from the UNITED fans?

Explain what you're on about now, please fella....?

redrus

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Lot's of talk when Moyes got sold to the fans.

Precious little talk when classy manager at the World Cup comes on board.

I don't get it.

Ah ok.

I think passion (online) often gets brought out in the form of banter.

When you guys take the P, we/I respond.

In the case of Moyes, it was comedy fodder from the start and we defended our manager. In the case of Van Gaal, he's not and I really think it's that simple. There is an amount of a returning fear factor that's hard for you guys to take the P out of.

redrus

• Like 2

Yep. Message understood redrus.

( enjoy the footie. Algeria, but unlikely)

Lived in Deutschland for 4 years fella and as much as I'd go for the underdog normally, I can't tonight though if they do pull it off, I won't be too p'ed off... ;)

redrus

• Like 1

Did you all know United were offered James Rodriguez (just to reiterate, the truly outstanding player of this world cupwink.png ) for 5m but turned him down and opted for 7m Bebe instead!!

Priceless!!! cheesy.gif

Because players who have outstanding world cups never end up being duds at club level.

He was sold to Porto for 4m and having been outstanding for them was sold to Monaco for 38m, where he continues to impress.

Point is, he was cutting the mustard as an eighteen year old so why ignore and buy a third rater BEBE that Ferguson has since admitted he never saw play?

Did you all know United were offered James Rodriguez (just to reiterate, the truly outstanding player of this world cupwink.png ) for 5m but turned him down and opted for 7m Bebe instead!!

Priceless!!! cheesy.gif

Because players who have outstanding world cups never end up being duds at club level.

He was sold to Porto for 4m and having been outstanding for them was sold to Monaco for 38m, where he continues to impress.

Point is, he was cutting the mustard as an eighteen year old so why ignore and buy a third rater BEBE that Ferguson has since admitted he never saw play?

Don't think anyone who argue with the insanity of the Bebe signing.

Re Rodriguez, yeah, hindsight is a wonderful thing eh. Still not sure though that he would cut the mustard in the Premiership.

Priceless!!! cheesy.gif

Re Rodriguez, yeah, hindsight is a wonderful thing eh. Still not sure though that he would cut the mustard in the Premiership.

Theres a lot more to the "Bebe thing" than insanity.

• Like 2

Maybe they will keep on spending?....one of the few clubs under FFP who can afford to.

Which is crackers, as they are still in debt to the tune of £380m

Its all about revenue though....not a whiff of how they are being bled by their owners....crazy world of football!

Meanwhile North London is a bastion of good financial management....unfortunately in Highbury too I have to admi

Forget it - deleted post. It was going to be a too-boring comment by an ex-accountantbiggrin.png

Edited by SantiSuk

according to some martinez aint had the greatest of seasons in france and Imo would seriousely struggle with the physical side of the prem, maybe he'd adapt maybe not, but i reckon b4 he did 4 sure he'd get a shocking battering

Priceless!!! cheesy.gif

Theres a lot more to the "Bebe thing" than insanity.

Ya think?

An advantage van Gaal has he has a lot of experience actuality working with many different players across Europe.

So he knows what he's buying.

A good example of STABILITY working against you. Fergie only worked with UNITED players.

Guess we'll see a few Dutch and Germans at OT before the window shuts.

Angel de Maria rumours starting to gain ground on various sources. Madrid, apparently want rid, got someone else lined up. Cost about £30mill......

redrus

Angel de Maria rumours starting to gain ground on various sources. Madrid, apparently want rid, got someone else lined up. Cost about £30mill......

redrus

Surprising to say the least....one season out of the top four and you are gambling big time to get back amongst it....interesting....

redrus

Surprising to say the least....one season out of the top four and you are gambling big time to get back amongst it....interesting....

Not sure where the gambling part comes in Smokie.

Van Gaal needs assets to compete. Looks pretty straightforward to me with low risk.

Quality manager, doubt if he'll fkc up in the transfer market.

Only possible grey area for me is he hasn't done it week in week out in the Prem.

But I think he will.

UNITED highly dangerous this season I reckon.

redrus

Not sure where the gambling part comes in Smokie.

Van Gaal needs assets to compete. Looks pretty straightforward to me with low risk.

Quality manager, doubt if he'll fkc up in the transfer market.

Only possible grey area for me is he hasn't done it week in week out in the Prem.

But I think he will.

UNITED highly dangerous this season I reckon.

He might well be a success and he might well not, P45. His Dutch side have been decidedly average, being carried by the brilliance and diving skills of Arjen Robben. (Actually, Holland did play well in their first game didn't they but then again it was against Spain, who kept their airplanes engine running.

Shaw is a terrific talent and they'll make more quality buys but you seem to think van Gaal is some kind of magician and he's not. This transition of United will take time. I reckon the season after next would be the one whereby he can be judged providing of course he takes them in the right direction next season. The damage caused by the short reign of Moyes was huge.thumbsup.gif )

You can pin this if you like but i just can't see United challenging, even for a top four next season, no matter who they buy.

I expect United will sign a decent centre-back or two, but until then they remain vulnerable in front of De Gea. Evans and Smalling are average at best. Jones is mediocre at best. Is Carrick still the same player he once was ? I suppose LVG is after Hummels at least.

If LVG adds two decent centre-backs and can somehow sort out the midfield questions then I could see United being a contender.

Assuming RVP stays injury free.

I think the Moyes "era" was a one off and LVG will make a huge difference. Hope I'm wrong.wink.png

I expect United will sign a decent centre-back or two, but until then they remain vulnerable in front of De Gea. Evans and Smalling are average at best. Jones is mediocre at best. Is Carrick still the same player he once was ? I suppose LVG is after Hummels at least.

If LVG adds two decent centre-backs and can somehow sort out the midfield questions then I could see United being a contender.

Assuming RVP stays injury free.

I think the Moyes "era" was a one off and LVG will make a huge difference. Hope I'm wrong.wink.png

Van Persie will get injured. Always does. Carricks not getting any younger. The confidence of Jones and Smalling seems like it was shot to bits under Moyes.

Apparently the hapless clown Moyes sat his defense down to a dvd recording of Phil Jagielka and told them thats how he wanted them to defend! Sure that went down well with Vidic and Ferdinand.

United need a Kevin Strootman in their midfield to give them bite. If he was to join, say in jan he'll need time to settle, as will all the new signings. Its madness to suggest he can rebuild a team,settle the squad, change the culture of a clubs football ways, all in a season and immediately break into the top four.

Theres nothing to suggest United will be in a position to challenge top four next season unless you feel the other sides will regress. Chelsea and City will keep spending so they won't. Arsenal will strengthen, as are Liverpool.

So, rather thannsaying what a miracle worker van Gaal is, can someone explain to me with any logic how and why he will achieve all this in his first thirty-eight games, because he certainly won't do it if United play like his dutch side

It'll be a right turn up if Costa Rica beat van Gaal.

smile.png

The guy worries me.

Dangerous this World Cup, and dangerous in the Prem.

Madness to underestimate him imho.

Exudes quality and gravitas, still energetic and tactically savvy.

Funny thing is I like the bstrd; especially if he sticks it up the gutter press.

smile.png

His Forward 2 ½ Somersault 1 Twist, with a 2.5 degree of difficulty, is awesome. biggrin.png

His Forward 2 ½ Somersault 1 Twist, with a 2.5 degree of difficulty, is awesome. biggrin.png

Helluva an engine though ups.

Good purchase if the boss wants him I would have thought.

Helluva an engine though ups.

Good purchase if the boss wants him I would have thought.

I agree.

Could prove very useful in the PL

• Like 2

Right.

You heard it here first.

If Holland with van Gaal make the Final I will be well chuffed.

And if UNITED get top 4 in the EPL and challenge for the title, I will also be happy.

I can't say it any simpler than that.

P45

Fan of small club in Fulham.

thumbsup.gif

• Like 1