Manchester United

redrus

Totally agree ....utd need another three quality signings to have any chance.

Well that ain't what Iron Tulip said in the press conference.

It may be that is exactly what happens, but at this point in time, IT says he's reviewing the staff and will have a clearer picture in 3-4 weeks.

That's what proper bosses do.

And I don't reckon he's talking sweety pie to keep people happy.

Quality.

Do not underestimate UNITED with van Gaal.

Edited by P45Mustang
  • Like 1

Seems to me rus, you either do it the van Gaal way, or you don't do it.

Anybody questioning his decision is likely to get short shrift.

I found this interesting if you have not seen it.

( But need to be careful that it's not quality press fuelling a potential hornet's nest.)

Louis van Gaal: New Man Utd manager's biggest bust-ups

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/27511927

• Like 1

( But need to be careful that it's not quality press fuelling a potential hornet's nest.)

Like i've been trying to tell you, the press will be prodding him looking to get a rise, they will be relentless posing critical questions, stupid questions, winding him up.

Thats one aspect, the other which is far more critical is whether mssrs Giggs, Butt, and the other old school ex players will react to his dogmatic authoritarian ways that will differ from the Ferguson doctrine that they have followed throughout their careers.

You just don't seem to grasp that theres a lot more to this appointment than the managers undoubted football brain.

Like i've been trying to tell you, the press will be prodding him looking to get a rise, they will be relentless posing critical questions, stupid questions, winding him up.

Thats one aspect, the other which is far more critical is whether mssrs Giggs, Butt, and the other old school ex players will react to his dogmatic authoritarian ways that will differ from the Ferguson doctrine that they have followed throughout their careers.

You just don't seem to grasp that theres a lot more to this appointment than the managers undoubted football brain.

Forget giggsy and co mate bad carma kicking those to touch as a starting play., if you read anything about his training sessions, it's giggs plus his own crew running them and providing he starts winning match's i'de lay money the old boys will quietly fade into the background and or find new employment. If he lose's , well then thats gonna be a different story..

Maybe his bullishness is his strength?

As for the press winding him up, he seems to adopt a policy of telling them to stop asking stupid questions.

Woodward has said today that UNITED transfer budget is not fixed. They are going to spend what it takes.

And the impression one gets is, van Gaal makes the decisions about who leaves and who gets signed.

My guess is UNITED are aiming to be top dogs in the first season with van Gaal.

Personally I don't think lack of Prem experience is a problem. Mourinho and Pellegrini did it first season, and the Prem is dominated by players from Europe and the World stage.

Getting Holland to the SemiFinal of the World Cup is a big feather in his cap. Holland's squad was made up of players from about 15 different clubs!

So he definitely knows how to get players to gel.

But getting back to main point carmine: yes, he could well have a fiery relationship with the press.

I guess they don't call him the 'Shrinking Violet' for nothing.

smile.png

haha nicely done...

How great would it have been if van Gaal had appointed the equally mad Roy Keane as his number two. crazy.gif.pagespeed.ce.dzDUUqYcHZ.gif

Haha they would have the best press conferences ever Belittling everyone before turning on each otherbiggrin.png

I didn't realise Cantona had form with his Hong Kong Phooey routine. Mental and hilarious in the same sentence

I'll be on record as saying that is worse than a Suarez chomp. Ridiculous.blink.png

• Like 1

I didn't realise Cantona had form with his Hong Kong Phooey routine. Mental and hilarious in the same sentence

I'll be on record as saying that is worse than a Suarez chomp. Ridiculous.blink.png

Never rated Cantona as very much of a player and certainly not as a person. Always came across as a jumped up egotistical gallic <deleted>.

Oh, and that assault is the worst i've ever seen on a football pitch

• Like 1

Never rated Cantona as very much of a player and certainly not as a person. Always came across as a jumped up egotistical gallic <deleted>.

jab, jab, haymaker.

jab, jab, haymaker.

Nice one. also saw the link to the Tele Santana/Brazil'82 tribute.

I wonder what he'd think of the ridiculous reappointment of Dunga as national coach?!!

jab, jab, haymaker.

Ha ha nailed him

I wonder what he'd think of the ridiculous reappointment of Dunga as national coach?!!

mental isn't it? they're in a similar boat to england it seems, with the entire domestic FA set-up being flawed from top to bottom.

mental isn't it? they're in a similar boat to england it seems, with the entire domestic FA set-up being flawed from top to bottom.

Zico thinks the rot started to set in after the 2002 success. Reckons their system is flawed and they are victims of their own misled feeling of entitlement. Well the Germans certainly put an end to that, but Brazillian football could well be moving into a very big slump.

Apologies for going off topic.

An amazing choice after he was run outta town not that many years ago. Plus, he favors a boring kick 'em before they get to the final third brand of football. I don't follow Brazil club football much but there has got to be some young smart managers there that want to play old style Brazilian football. It looks like the 'ol boys club is now alive and well in Brazil.

( Off topic, but interesting. Not sure old style Brazilian football, however well played, will work against Germany. Dunga looks like retrograde step, as you all say. Might need a foreign coach. Dunno. )

Don't worry about going off topic. Most of the Man Yoo lads stopped posting when they stopped winning everything!

By the term "old style Brazillian football" are you referring to a team based on all out attack with no holding midfield and any recognisable defense?

( Off topic, but interesting. Not sure old style Brazilian football, however well played, will work against Germany. Dunga looks like retrograde step, as you all say. Might need a foreign coach. Dunno. )

Don't worry about going off topic. Most of the Man Yoo lads stopped posting when they stopped winning everything!

By the term "old style Brazillian football" are you referring to a team based on all out attack with no holding midfield and any recognisable defense?

He's been watching Bend it like Beckham!

He's been watching Bend it like Beckham!

Back off a tad please smokie. I may be a twa-t but I'm not a bad lad.

I simply used the phrase that jellydog had used in his post.