Manchester United

redrus

The times they are a changing!

BweNFnvIYAAzjPu.jpg

Mate, you know these posts of yours, re United, only serve to further my theory that you lot are taking over the 'Bitter' mantel from Citeh........ :lol:

redrus

• Like 1

BweNFnvIYAAzjPu.jpg

Mate, you know these posts of yours, re United, only serve to further my theory that you lot are taking over the 'Bitter' mantel from Citeh........ :lol:

redrus

I think you are confusing bitterness with revelling in joy at United's downfall. ;-)

• Like 1

BweNFnvIYAAzjPu.jpg

Mate, you know these posts of yours, re United, only serve to further my theory that you lot are taking over the 'Bitter' mantel from Citeh........ laugh.png

redrus

I think you are confusing bitterness with revelling in joy at United's downfall. ;-)

Both wrongbiggrin.png Just harmless fun....think you'll find I post similar shit on LFC thread.....Anyway, have anotherwhistling.gif PS....you can think of your own caption!

BwhTRkSIcAAq3if.jpg

Edited by wilai

BweNFnvIYAAzjPu.jpg

Mate, you know these posts of yours, re United, only serve to further my theory that you lot are taking over the 'Bitter' mantel from Citeh........ laugh.png

redrus

No, trust me, I am not.

You obviously, understandably, don't know me at all. ;)

redrus

Actually I know you very well personally...................it is you that doesn't know me.......................dun, dun, duuuuuuunnnnnn!!!

Hahaha, that makes it even worse....... w00t.gif

redrus

Well whatever it is, UNITED's philosophy under Fergie has changed from home grown to expensive imports.

Phil Neville said this I think.

Is Fellaini still at UNITED btw.

Hardly that much choice really.

Celtic also won the European Cup with a team all born within an 11 mile radius of the city (or whatever).

Teams like the class of '92 are freakish. They've done well recently with the likes of Welbeck, Evans, Cleverley (O'Shea and Wes Brown previously) all coming through from youth levels, but in this day and age, with your rivals being taken over by oil sheiks and pumping in a billion dollars just for fun, you cannot expect to field a team of homegrowns and expect them to dominate the league.

Another freakteam of homegrown is the Barca class of the mid-late 2000's.

Just not going to happen without a freak occurance.

^

Understood.

Somebody, somewhere needs to do an Academy though. Cos if they don't, there'll be no young talent to choose from anywhere.

Maybe Southampton have got the right formula. But they won't win the Championes League.

I'm ok with the Chelsea approach tbh:

Grow home talent, loan them out and either import into the squad when ready or sell.

Buy young talent from abroad and do the same as above. (Barca got their knuckles rapped by UEFA for this though. So have to be careful.)

Anyway, the bottom line I suppose is UNITED will do what all the other top European teams do. Shell wonga.

^

Understood.

Somebody, somewhere needs to do an Academy though. Cos if they don't, there'll be no young talent to choose from anywhere.

Maybe Southampton have got the right formula. But they won't win the Championes League.

This too seems to come and go.

15 years ago it was West Ham.

Lampard, Joe Cole, Rio Ferdinand, Defoe, Carrick, Glen Johnson...

The West Ham youth team won the FA Youth Cup in 1999... 4 of the players would start the Champion's League Final in 2008 (2 on in each team's starting 11.)

Leeds had a fair crack with their young players in the early 2000's.

Freakish groups of players come together sometimes, one can just hope that they come together at a CL club that one supports, and they will be better as a group than the five billion dollars players the oil man just bought for the rivals.

Edited by Deacon Bell

^

Tricky one. Somebody must be growing talent otherwise the clubs with money wouldn't be going shopping abroad.

England no different from any other country.

LVG did brilliantly with the Dutch in the World Cup but will need foreign players as well as Dutch to do the business at UNITED.

Same for all the top European clubs. English clubs are in exactly the same boat as Bayern, PSG, Milan, and Real Madrid.

Funny thing is though, very few young English players with talent go and play abroad. And didn't it show in the World Cup.

I'll have to think more about this.

Cheers.

^

Understood.

Grow home talent, loan them out and either import into the squad when ready or sell.

Buy young talent from abroad and do the same as above. (Barca got their knuckles rapped by UEFA for this though. So have to be careful.)

Anyway, the bottom line I suppose is UNITED will do what all the other top European teams do. Shell wonga.

just out of interest did you know that Southampton NEVER loan their yoof out, they believe what they are doing with them is right and loaning them out in their opinion would suggest that what they were doing wasn't right

lAnd just a mute point my ittle old exeter city had as many players in the recent england u 20 squad as arsenal, man utd and chelsea

not always about wonga.

• Like 1

Well whatever it is, UNITED's philosophy under Fergie has changed from home grown to expensive imports.

Phil Neville said this I think.

Is Fellaini still at UNITED btw.

Hardly that much choice really.

Celtic also won the European Cup with a team all born within an 11 mile radius of the city (or whatever).

Teams like the class of '92 are freakish. They've done well recently with the likes of Welbeck, Evans, Cleverley (O'Shea and Wes Brown previously) all coming through from youth levels, but in this day and age, with your rivals being taken over by oil sheiks and pumping in a billion dollars just for fun, you cannot expect to field a team of homegrowns and expect them to dominate the league.

Another freakteam of homegrown is the Barca class of the mid-late 2000's.

Just not going to happen without a freak occurance.

or like when becks the nevilles ect came through, on the back of a fa restriction on the no's of foreign players each squad was allowed

now it would be every prem squad needs so many home grown, like the champs lge..

^

Understood.

just out of interest did you know that Southampton NEVER loan their yoof out, they believe what they are doing with them is right and loaning them out in their opinion would suggest that what they were doing wasn't right

lAnd just a mute point my ittle old exeter city had as many players in the recent england u 20 squad as arsenal, man utd and chelsea

not always about wonga.

Point taken rijit.

But Southampton will never win the Prem or CL.

There's a club in Spain whose business plan is entirely focused on developing young talent and selling it on to the big clubs with money. They have no aspiration to win La Liga or the CL.

The owners have obviously got their eye on their ball.

great to see some proper football chat for a change. I may pop in a bit more often. How come this degenerates in other forums?

Wow crap spelling there, please don't tell Alfiebiggrin.png

Edited by nellyp

Quote by the eedjit!......... "just out of interest did you know that Southampton NEVER loan their yoof out, they believe what they are doing with them is right and loaning them out in their opinion would suggest that what they were doing wasn't right"

Quote from Southampton!..... "Stephens has returned to Swindon Town, in probably one of the worst kept deals of the summer.

The 20 year old enjoyed a successful spell there at the end of last season, and their manager has commented often about wanting him back, even going so far as to say that when we faced them in pre season, he was going to lock Stephens in the dressing room until the Southampton coach had left.

He now officially joins fellow youngster Jordan Turnbull at the club who is having a loan spell with them also."

If the eedjit improved his English, I might even unblock him...just for comedy valuebiggrin.png

F me............ Any one else makes the signings we've done this summer they'd be title contenders. We have teething problems and a lot of injuries and every other ITK nob rash knows better than LvG.

Buddha I love this forum sometimes. laugh.png

redrus

I think the Falcao move is a good one for your lot matey. I can see you's definitely scoring more goals than you have been. I just hope your defence leaks like a sieve biggrin.png

Assuming he makes it back from what will be his 3rd ACL injury and adapt to the fastest most physical league in Europe. I reckon he will physically give way by Xmas.

F me............ Any one else makes the signings we've done this summer they'd be title contenders. We have teething problems and a lot of injuries and every other ITK nob rash knows better than LvG.

redrus

I think the Falcao move is a good one for your lot matey. I can see you's definitely scoring more goals than you have been. I just hope your defence leaks like a sieve biggrin.png

Assuming he makes it back from what will be his 3rd ACL injury and adapt to the fastest most physical league in Europe. I reckon he will physically give way by Xmas.

redrus

redrus

Fair chance You might get an ACL injury by Christmas too.

Best stay clear of Thailand I reckon.

redrus

Fair chance You might get an ACL injury by Christmas too.

Best stay clear of Thailand I reckon.

Good comeback!

post-130171-14096814618174_thumb.jpg