Manchester United

redrus

However crudely and basic fergie got with the media, the one thing he got ax well, imo, was he was in charge of all. To follow that is almost futile, so a sort of re rating of the importance of post match and managerial interviews needs doing, and its not just utd, most need to look at it, give the media a backroom staffer for 3 maybe four weeks on the trot and dont back down and maybe clubs will get a better handle on the media circus.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by rijit

Totally agree mate...you don't get to much from Giggsy and he understands the media a lot better from years of practice here.

Although he comes across as a decent bloke in his interviews you can also see He enjoys them and this worries me manager I am now and self impas though he has also bought into the superstar ortance sort of mindset.

Exactly my impression. I actually think there is less of Giggs than meets the eye.

Totally agree mate...you don't get to much from Giggsy and he understands the media a lot better from years of practice here.

Although he comes across as a decent bloke in his interviews you can also see He enjoys them and this worries me manager I am now and self impas though he has also bought into the superstar ortance sort of mindset.

Exactly my impression. I actually think there is less of Giggs than meets the eye.

Sorry if I confused you JD but the decent bloke bit was about van gaal I think as regards dealing with the press here he could learn a lot from giggsy IMO.

Sorry if I confused you JD but the decent bloke bit was about van gaal I think as regards dealing with the press here he could learn a lot from giggsy IMO.

Ah, I get it Red. Quit <deleted> confusing me ! I do a good enough job myself !blink.png

believe me i understand i just got my old account back after a long time trying to sort my password out.

biggrin.png

Great win yesterday against a very defensive side.A great goal from Rvp as well.clap2.gif

Back.

Fark me, surely it didn't take that long to learn the offside laws, you must be a slow learner biggrin.png

• Like 1

The most fluid United have been all season and yes I realise it was only Hull but there were signs of it coming together and players like Smalling and Young,playing as a wing back, redeemed themselves,thought they both had excellent games as did Herrerer ,Carrick etc.

Fact is though after 13 games in Rooney is top scorer with only 4 the GD needs to be improved dramatically, could be very important come May.

As expected LVG is copping flack for being arrogant etc.I find him very refreshing, he calls it like its is and not constantly being politically correct.

Confidence and arrogance are a very fine line.

• Like 2

Did this muppet not know a thing about the premier league before he signed.

Christmas commitment upsets Manchester United boss Louis van Gaal

Manchester United boss Louis van Gaal has expressed his dismay at the Christmas fixture list in the Premier League.

The Dutchman is sad that he will not get to see his loved ones much during the festive season because of the English game's traditional heavy schedule, but also feels the programme - which could include four games in nine days - places an unfair burden on players.

But the veteran former Ajax, Barcelona, Bayern Munich and Holland coach is willing to adapt to pursue his ambitions with United.

The 63-year-old said: "I am not happy - but I cannot change it - because I don't think it is good for the players that they play within two days of a (previous) match - two matches in two days.

"In December it shall be like that. We also have family. I have a wife and kids, and grandchildren, and I cannot see them this Christmas.

Full story:- http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11667/9587993/premier-league-christmas-commitment-upsets-manchester-united-boss-louis-van-gaal

Mike phelan joined Norwich as 1st team coach , he was one of a Moyes reject last year when he brought in his own back room staff . Good luck to Phelan. Always likes him as a player and a coach for United .

Canaries best acquisition in years! Can he cook?

Looks like a repalcement for Neil Adams, unless he can work on his complementary hairdryer delivery skills in double quick time

Manchester United boss Louis van Gaal has expressed his dismay at the Christmas fixture list in the Premier League.

The Dutchman is sad that he will not get to see his loved ones much during the festive season because of the English game's traditional heavy schedule, but also feels the programme - which could include four games in nine days - places an unfair burden on players.

But the veteran former Ajax, Barcelona, Bayern Munich and Holland coach is willing to adapt to pursue his ambitions with United.

The 63-year-old said: "I am not happy - but I cannot change it - because I don't think it is good for the players that they play within two days of a (previous) match - two matches in two days.

"In December it shall be like that. We also have family. I have a wife and kids, and grandchildren, and I cannot see them this Christmas.

Full story:- http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11667/9587993/premier-league-christmas-commitment-upsets-manchester-united-boss-louis-van-gaal

Roberto Mancini, Sven Goran, Stuart Pearce, Alan Ball.

Muppet?

Muppet?

LVG never said he didn't know the Christmas schedule.He was merely pointing out that 4 games in 9 days is too much for players and not getting time to spend with family.

Many would agree

• Like 1

Muppet?

LVG never said he didn't know the Christmas schedule.He was merely pointing out that 4 games in 9 days is too much for players and not getting time to spend with family.

Many would agree

Actually i don't think many would agree.

Muppet?

Many would agree

I disagree...... ;)

redrus

Muppet?

Many would agree

I disagree...... wink.png

redrus

I agree to disagree with you and agree to agree with Carms tongue.png

• Like 1

now what was lucky about it mate, was the two fantastic saves and a brilliant on the line clearance lucky ? we rode our luck near the end but should have had a couple of more goals before then.

Muppet?

Nah, just the usual troll post

now what was lucky about it mate, was the two fantastic saves and a brilliant on the line clearance lucky ? we rode our luck near the end but should have had a couple of more goals before then.

Don't be so bladdy touchy Nev - I was referring to his win at Arsenal. I thought you won dirty last night (ie scrappy but got the result)

Don't be so bladdy touchy Nev - I was referring to his win at Arsenal. I thought you won dirty last night (ie scrappy but got the result)

Jonny Evans got 90 minutes with the reserves last night without a problem. Shaw,Raphael,Jones still not near apparently

Yes, I saw Evans had a couple of reserve games. It's funny how the 'premier physio room' page shows him as still injured.

Bloody typical though Rooney smashing into the advertising board at the end of the Hull game and hurting his knee. Missed him against Stoke, hope this doesn't affect his recent rhythm.

LVG also seems to be unimpressed with Falcao's fitness at the moment which bodes well for James Wilson...i have followed his progress from the youth side and would like to see him given time in the side this season,he could save United a lot of money if Falcao does not prove he has overcome his injuries.

The same can be said of Tyler Blackett if he is given more time to play centrally with a n other at the back ...he is still young and will get stronger for us if given more games in the future.

One bonus at the moment is Smalling who has had a few games and been strong and also a few clean sheets to vouch for still unsure about him but still very young for a centre half.....it was a mistake for sure to let Vidic go he would of been great to teach all these young guns the art of just defending.

It is no coincidence that we have been playing better since Carrick has been back great footballer with a controlling influence of the players around him,if he stays fit he will play never mind about all the new signings.

A good win tonight would really start to make people sit up again.

LVG also seems to be unimpressed with Falcao's fitness at the moment which bodes well for James Wilson...i have followed his progress from the youth side and would like to see him given time in the side this season,he could save United a lot of money if Falcao does not prove he has overcome his injuries.

The same can be said of Tyler Blackett if he is given more time to play centrally with a n other at the back ...he is still young and will get stronger for us if given more games in the future.

One bonus at the moment is Smalling who has had a few games and been strong and also a few clean sheets to vouch for still unsure about him but still very young for a centre half.....it was a mistake for sure to let Vidic go he would of been great to teach all these young guns the art of just defending.

It is no coincidence that we have been playing better since Carrick has been back great footballer with a controlling influence of the players around him,if he stays fit he will play never mind about all the new signings.

A good win tonight would really start to make people sit up again.

Yep, I agree about Falcao. Although he does look very sharp when he comes on for 20 mins then LVG must see something that we don't on the training pitch.

I would start with RVP tonight as he can grab a goal from nothing & stick Wilson on in the second half if things aren't going too well. Rooney is fit which is great news.