Manchester United

redrus

Well it is better than signing him on a 4/5 year contract then isn't it smarty pants wink.png

"To my mind he's a highly talented mercenary."

Really!! Highly talented mercenary well i am still waiting to see the high talent at United and a mercenary with an astonishing goal scoring record is worth a punt on loan by United.He was getting similar money at Monaco...he could of stayed there but his fitness looks like being a big issue but his record at Madrid and Porto is stunning.

So all in all good idea to loan him better than pay 40 million and a 4 year contract if he turns out to have lost it yes? wink.png as it is we will only spend around 3 million for the season smile.png

Yeah, if Falcao can get back to 3/4 of the player he was not long ago. When right he is a goal scoring machine.

Very true but you don't pay 300k p/w for a player thats not fit enough and has a lingering injury. In short, shouldn't have gotten rid of Sweet Pea and spent the Falcao dosh on Hummels/Godin where it really needs to be spent. Thats all smarty pants is saying!!!!!

Who says that Hummels and Godin want to come ? I think United have done the sensible thing with Falcao ,He's coming back into match condition,you can see him improving every match he plays.

He's not a mercenary, there is no evidence of that, and how many strikers have his goals to game ratio ?

At LVG's media conference he surprised most by saying only one player Ashley Young is not available for selection,first time this season ,so no excuses.

The goal keeping situation is interesting, having potentially 2 number 1's and limited games.

Will be very disappointed if De Gea is cashed in at the end of the season but only 18 mths left on his contract. Has to be up there among the best in the world now.

Well it is better than signing him on a 4/5 year contract then isn't it smarty pants wink.png

Really!! Highly talented mercenary well i am still waiting to see the high talent at United and a mercenary with an astonishing goal scoring record is worth a punt on loan by United.He was getting similar money at Monaco...he could of stayed there but his fitness looks like being a big issue but his record at Madrid and Porto is stunning.

So all in all good idea to loan him better than pay 40 million and a 4 year contract if he turns out to have lost it yes? wink.png as it is we will only spend around 3 million for the season smile.png

Yeah, if Falcao can get back to 3/4 of the player he was not long ago. When right he is a goal scoring machine.

Very true but you don't pay 300k p/w for a player thats not fit enough and has a lingering injury. In short, shouldn't have gotten rid of Sweet Pea and spent the Falcao dosh on Hummels/Godin where it really needs to be spent. Thats all smarty pants is saying!!!!!

Who says that Hummels and Godin want to come ? I think United have done the sensible thing with Falcao ,He's coming back into match condition,you can see him improving every match he plays.

He's not a mercenary, there is no evidence of that, and how many strikers have his goals to game ratio ?

I think a striker of Falcao's world class quality choosing to go to Monaco and play infant of 5000 fans every other week is every evidence he's a mercenary. He could have gone anywhere and chose Monaco! Thats got mercenary stamped all over it. Thats the financial package over silverware all day long.

I don't think anyones said that either Hummels or Godin want to come. I/we have merely suggested that they would make ideal replacements to improve your defense.

As for De Gea, if Real Madrid want him then they get their man don't they. But have Real Madrid actually said anything or is it just Marca talk? Minnyou, United buying Valdes seems a coincidence bearing in mind the Madrid murmuring.

Seems a very similar scenario to Lloris at Spurs. i think he'll end up at PSG or if you are lucky RM.

I think a striker of Falcao's world class quality choosing to go to Monaco and play infant of 5000 fans every other week is every evidence he's a mercenary. He could have gone anywhere and chose Monaco! Thats got mercenary stamped all over it. Thats the financial package over silverware all day long.

I don't think anyones said that either Hummels or Godin want to come. I/we have merely suggested that they would make ideal replacements to improve your defense.

As for De Gea, if Real Madrid want him then they get their man don't they. But have Real Madrid actually said anything or is it just Marca talk? Minnyou, United buying Valdes seems a coincidence bearing in mind the Madrid murmuring.

Seems a very similar scenario to Lloris at Spurs. i think he'll end up at PSG or if you are lucky RM.

Thw way their transfers seem to work is all the initial bullshit comes via the marca its like their mouth piece, unsettles the player then madrid move in for the kill!!!! happened too many times 4 it to be a coincidence.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Thats exactly the way it works. De Gea's world class but Valdes' no slouch. LvG probably considers what will be will be, he's covered anyway and has very important other signings to consider.

Like i said, similar to us with Lloris. Sad to see him go but we have ourselves covered with a very good replacement.

How much did we play for DDG?

I see the price touted about is 30 million for him now facepalm.gif ...not happy if he goes and not at that price ........Valdes is a good keeper but we would be in the same position looking for the best again in 3 years so i would offer DDG a good contract to stay if not 50/60 million at the least for the best young keeper in the world .cheap cheap!! Why not he wins points on his own with his performances at United ...As good as having a top class striker scoring you goals is De Gea saving them.

All fit except Ashley Ashley Mmm that is not true Mr Van Gaal but you are learning to keep information back...good to see. clap2.gif

Time for United to start the new year with a bang and smash a few teams up i think.

LvG has already publicly stated that DeGea, is the number 1, there is no argument.

He had also publicly stated that Valdes is the number 2 keeper.

Done.

redrus

I wish it was as simple as that mate but to sign Valdez when we have a perfectly good back up in Lindagaard and all the speculation with Madrid...i don't know ...i hope you are right but i feel that if Madrid came...because he is Spanish and was in Madrid before i think he would most likely want to go,i hope you are right though. wink.png

Whatever way you look at it they have shit on Anders Lingaard.

^

Whether he wants to go or not, is not in our hands, only his.

The question that is being put out of hand, is that Valdes was not signed to replace De Gea, he was signed as a number 2.

Lindergaard, with respect is not even in the same league.

Valdes knows the score.

redrus

How much did we play for DDG?

I see the price touted about is 30 million for him now facepalm.gif ...not happy if he goes and not at that price ........Valdes is a good keeper but we would be in the same position looking for the best again in 3 years so i would offer DDG a good contract to stay if not 50/60 million at the least for the best young keeper in the world .cheap cheap!! Why not he wins points on his own with his performances at United ...As good as having a top class striker scoring you goals is De Gea saving them.

All fit except Ashley Ashley Mmm that is not true Mr Van Gaal but you are learning to keep information back...good to see. clap2.gif

Time for United to start the new year with a bang and smash a few teams up i think.

I believe you paid 16.5m for De Gea. We paid 12m for Lloris. Both clubs can cash in handsomely on them with quality replacement in situ. Seems a likely scenario. One back to Spain, the other back to France.

Edit. Just to say....as much money as United have, big signings still need to be paid and some return on investment wouldn't go amiss would it?

Edited by carmine

LvG has already publicly stated that DeGea, is the number 1, there is no argument.

Done.

redrus

No its not and you need to put out such statements to hold out for the best price which i'm sure LvG intends to get.

Done.

redrus

No its not and you need to put out such statements to hold out for the best price which i'm sure LvG intends to get.

That is nothing more than your opinion, which I believe you're entitled to.

redrus

Be interesting to see what LVG's preferred players and formations are now that we are getting a few back from injuries,still would like to see us go back to a sort of 4-4-2 for a few games to see but i think he is adamant that the way forward is 3-5-2

although both are are very adaptable with the players we have.

I hope he gives Smalling a good run at the back as he has impressed of late with Carrick as the holding midfielder.

Di Maria and Valencia both should be back on the wings with Mata and Rooney as the attacking midfielders.

Falcao looked knackered at Yeovil so his fitness and physical effort will again be under scrutiny not least his performance.

Should be a good game tight but a win by a couple of clear goals is wanted..........for us to push on for the league..tongue.png

Be interesting to see what LVG's preferred players and formations are now that we are getting a few back from injuries,still would like to see us go back to a sort of 4-4-2 for a few games to see but i think he is adamant that the way forward is 3-5-2

although both are are very adaptable with the players we have.

I hope he gives Smalling a good run at the back as he has impressed of late with Carrick as the holding midfielder.

Di Maria and Valencia both should be back on the wings with Mata and Rooney as the attacking midfielders.

Falcao looked knackered at Yeovil so his fitness and physical effort will again be under scrutiny not least his performance.

Should be a good game tight but a win by a couple of clear goals is wanted..........for us to push on for the league..tongue.png

Whats a sort of 442 ? its either a 442 or it ain't biggrin.pngcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Well Alfie there are formations within formations in the modern game you know.

Diamond 4-4-2

False nine 4-4-2

Attacking 4-4-2 with wingers

Defensive 4-4-2 with non wingers packing the midfield

Do you want to know the offside rule as well?

• Like 1

^

Whether he wants to go or not, is not in our hands, only his.

The question that is being put out of hand, is that Valdes was not signed to replace De Gea, he was signed as a number 2.

Lindergaard, with respect is not even in the same league.

Valdes knows the score.

redrus

Well I am a little more concerned about this goal keeping situation. Doesn't add up. What concerns me is that a deal for De Gea to go to Madrid may already been done.We saw that with Ronaldo.

Victor Valdes is only 32, still a few years in front of him,can't see him being happy as a no 2 or even contemplating accepting it.He's also married with children and settled.Is it that he has been promised the no 1 spot next season ?

De Gea on the other hand will be the no 1 keeper in the world within 2 years IMO and who wouldn't ,at his age like to play for the Spanish giants and the national side.His pop star girlfriend lives in Madrid and is unlikely to

swap that life for Manchester.Lindergaad has not played a single game this season apart from the reserves as LVG has already stated many times he plays his best team available.

• Like 1

I think De Gea and his agent are holding there cards very close with 18 months left of his contract he could see that out and join on a free if he wanted to....but i think he will go at the end of the season with him forcing United to sell him rather than hold out and get nothing.The end of the season either way we will now.

Valdez has been given an 18 month contract as well to prove himself so i wouldn't be surprised to see Lindagaard leave very shortly if he doesn't then the De Gea deal will already have been done...if we let him go there is more chance the deal has not been done yet!

It will be interesting to see if Valdez gets some game time over the next few weeks.

If......, IF, this did happen, then the only way I could half accept it is if he did the same as Ronnie, signed a new contract to bump up his resale value and gave us another year.

But, I seriously think that the time has come for us to say no, if we're gonna compete with Real, (eventually) we have to make players like this want to stay with us.

redrus

Falcao not even in the squad.

Knackered at Yeovil mate. Just a rest match I think, he's done ok recently and we've got a reasonable run of games coming up with no biggies for a while (I don't think.)

redrus

Manchester United: De Gea, Valencia, Jones, Smalling, Shaw, Blind, Carrick, Rooney, Mata, Di Maria, van Persie.

Subs: Valdes, Evans, McNair, Blackett, Fellaini, Herrera, Wilson.

Southampton: Forster, Clyne, Fonte, Alderweireld, Bertrand, Wanyama, Schneiderlin, S Davis, Ward-Prowse, Elia, Pelle.

Subs: K Davis, Gardos, Long, Tadic, Isgrove, Reed, Targett.

Knackered at Yeovil mate. Just a rest match I think, he's done ok recently and we've got a reasonable run of games coming up with no biggies for a while (I don't think.)

redrus

I tell you what mate he was knackered and against Yeovil!

I actually think Van Gaal has made his mind up already and i agree unless of course he changes speed rapidly which i doubt very much...also the price tag is a bit much when it is obvious he is struggling for fitness and getting anywhere near his best.

Get Hernandez back and swap De Gea for Bale or Ronaldo i say biggrin.png

redrus

I tell you what mate he was knackered and against Yeovil!

I actually think Van Gaal has made his mind up already and i agree unless of course he changes speed rapidly which i doubt very much...also the price tag is a bit much when it is obvious he is struggling for fitness and getting anywhere near his best.

Get Hernandez back and swap De Gea for Bale or Ronaldo i say biggrin.png

Agree, not sure he's gonna get anywhere near his best though there is time.

I'm not sure Chica would come back, I rate the lad and would welcome him though.

I would not swap De Gea for anyone. Good keepers are 10 a penny, but great ones are so hard to find and he is one and will only get better.

We don't need Bale or Ronnie, certainly not at what it would cost to get them anyway.

redrus