Manchester United

redrus

Aww.....come on guys :(

To me soccer is soccer. I just enjoy watching Man Utd and Chelsea games.

Jockstar no offense but i've seen worse trolls. :D

Anyway yes i've always liked both teams...so.... :o

Back to my earlier point, who you gonna support this Sunday? :D

For sure Chelsea! :D

But hey the ball is round anything can happen :D

Hopefully Man Utd will be on form and it will sure be a damned good game to watch as always!

If Man u play like they did against Liverpool, Chelsea could run into double figures :D

Aww.....come on guys :D

To me soccer is soccer. I just enjoy watching Man Utd and Chelsea games.

Jockstar no offense but i've seen worse trolls. :D

Anyway yes i've always liked both teams...so.... :D

Back to my earlier point, who you gonna support this Sunday? :D

For sure Chelsea! :P

But hey the ball is round anything can happen :D

Hopefully Man Utd will be on form and it will sure be a damned good game to watch as always!

If Man u play like they did against Liverpool, Chelsea could run into double figures :(

Only for fouls FC....! :o

redrus

Old Rudolph is talking this one up again as usual, I can't see the Manc's beating us at home this weekend but records are there to be broken :o

We can end Chelsea run - Ferguson

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson believes his side possess the firepower to end Chelsea's unbeaten home run of 84 matches.

The Blues, who went back to the top of the Premier League last weekend, have not lost at Stamford Bridge since 2005.

But despite United's poor start to the season, Ferguson is in confident mood.

"Chelsea know fine well Manchester United can win on Sunday, with the ability we have it is not a daunting task," said the Scot.

"We have a big job to do and the players will be up for it.

"We don't want to come away trailing. We do not want to be nine points behind Chelsea, or anyone else for that matter."

With Luiz Felipe Scolari at the helm Chelsea have dropped just two points from five matches this season, while United are languishing in 14th place, having only scored three times in the league.

Defeat would leave United nine points adrift of their west London rivals, a deficit which could prove crucial come May next year.

Ferguson suggested at the start of the season that Chelsea's ageing squad could struggle to challenge his side for major honours.

But the 66-year-old insisted his comments were not meant to be derogatory.

"I certainly did not say they were an old team," he said.

"I said they were an experienced team. When players get to their 30s, you do not get a lot of improvement out of them.

"But they have certainly started well enough. They have only dropped two points."

With last season's top scorer Cristiano Ronaldo close to full fitness and new signing Dimitar Berbatov recovering from a knee injury, Ferguson is confident his complement of top-class strikers will start finding the back of the net.

Chelsea boss Scolari is aware of the attacking threat of Ronaldo, having given the winger his international debut as Portugal manager in 2003.

Since then, the 23-year-old has developed into one of the world's finest players and he scored 42 goals for United last season.

"He is one of the three best players in the world," said Brazilian Scolari.

"He's improved himself, very well, in the five or six years since [his Portugal debut], more in Manchester than with the national team. He lives in Manchester 11 months of the year.

Only one month a year with the national team," said Scolari.

"Next season, I can see him as a captain with Portugal because people like him and he has the confidence for that.

"He's a very good man, helps the other players, a good attitude on and off the pitch. He has grown up and matured.

"Now, at this time of life, Ronaldo is mature and is better than one or two years ago."

While Real Madrid are still intent on luring Ronaldo to Spain, Scolari said he welcome him to Stamford Bridge should be want to move to London - with tongue firmly placed in cheek.

"When I was at Portugal, I had to choose three players every year (for Fifa World Player of the Year). One year I chose Didier Drogba as one of my three," he said

"Another year, I wrote John Terry. Another year I wrote Frank Lampard.

"Now these three players are with me, and that's very good for me. Maybe next season, Cristiano is with me. Very good. If he wants to change, I'll open the door to that."

Old Rudolph is talking this one up again as usual, I can't see the Manc's beating us at home this weekend but records are there to be broken :o

We can end Chelsea run - Ferguson

Too True they can... Happened last week against The Pool :D

We will have faith and I am sure tomorrow United will win 1 - 2 so I will get some points on the board. :D

BT :D

I think we dominated but the draw reflects the true score don't you think guys???

Chelsea 1-1 Man Utd

Salomon Kalou's late equaliser preserved Chelsea's long unbeaten home league record and earned a deserved point against Manchester United.

Ji-Sung Park put United ahead in the 18th minute after Chelsea keeper Petr Cech fumbled Dimitar Berbatov's shot.

United lost keeper Edwin van der Sar to injury in the first half and Chelsea took control of a disjointed game.

Joe Cole and Nicolas Anelka wasted great chances before substitute Kalou headed in with 10 minutes left.

Sir Alex Ferguson wore the look of a man who knew Manchester United had missed an opportunity to land a big one on Chelsea

It stretched Chelsea's unbeaten sequence in the Premier League at Stamford Bridge to 85 games, but Sir Alex Ferguson will be frustrated that his side failed to build on a perfect start and lost their way as the game went on.

Chelsea will be delighted and relieved with a point - but they should have claimed all three after dominating the second half.

United opted to keep Cristiano Ronaldo on the bench, where he was joined by Carlos Tevez as Berbatov and Wayne Rooney were paired up front.

Chelsea were forced into a reshuffle of their own when Deco injured a thigh in the warm-up, although they were hardly weakened by the subsequent inclusion of Michael Ballack.

United opened with real purpose, Darren Fletcher scrambling a finish wide and Rooney hooking just off target after a poor clearance from Cech.

Chelsea had a chance of their own in the eighth minute when Joe Cole ran clear after appearing to use his hand, only to shoot wide.

Luiz Felipe Scolari's side suffered a serious blow three minutes later when defender Ricardo Carvalho departed with a knee injury, with Alex coming on as substitute.

United's ambition was rewarded with a deserved opener after 18 minutes, when Park pounced from close range after Cech could only parry Berbatov's shot.

Van der Sar had been having a mixed afternoon, his mood not helped by a knee injury sustained in an accidental clash with Florent Malouda.

And it was no surprise when he limped off and was replaced by Tomasz Kuszczak after 31 minutes following another fumble.

Kuszczak was quickly in action to block a long-range effort from Alex, but the game was degenerating into a scrappy affair littered with stoppages.

Chelsea made another change at the interval, sending on Didier Drogba for Malouda, while United waited until nine minutes after half-time before sending on Ronaldo for Paul Scholes.

Joe Cole wasted another great opportunity after 65 minutes, shooting straight at Kuszczak after being released by Ballack's superb pass.

And Anelka was guilty of a shocking miss seven minutes later when he was set up by Joe Cole, but he failed to even apply a touch only three yards out with the goal at his mercy.

But Chelsea were building up a head of steam and it was no surprise when they drew level with 10 minutes left.

Rooney was booked for a crude lunge at Ashley Cole, and the punishment was doubled when Kalou headed Jon Mikel Obi's free-kick beyond a static Kuszczak.

And it took a desperate block from Gary Neville seconds later to deny Kalou, bravely deflecting his shot over the top as United hung on for a point.

Chelsea: Cech, Bosingwa, Carvalho (Alex 12), Terry, Ashley Cole, Obi, Joe Cole, Ballack (Kalou 74), Lampard, Malouda (Drogba 46), Anelka.

Subs Not Used: Cudicini, Bridge, Belletti, Ferreira.

Booked: Obi.

Goals: Kalou 80.

Man Utd: Van der Sar (Kuszczak 32), Neville, Ferdinand, Evans, Evra, Fletcher, Hargreaves, Scholes (Ronaldo 55), Park (O'Shea 75), Berbatov, Rooney.

Subs Not Used: Brown, Giggs, Nani, Tevez.

Booked: Scholes, Ferdinand, Neville, Berbatov, Rooney, Evra, Ronaldo.

Goals: Park 18.

Att: 41,760

Ref: Mike Riley (Yorkshire).

I think we dominated but the draw reflects the true score don't you think guys???

Can't agree with the first part of the sentence, but I suppose we are all biased to a degree. In the end it was a good game, that either team could have nicked. I thought United were a lot better this weekend than last. A draw though was a fair result.

Can't agree with the first part of the sentence, but I suppose we are all biased to a degree. In the end it was a good game, that either team could have nicked. I thought United were a lot better this weekend than last. A draw though was a fair result.

We did dominate the yellow-cards but that's another story :o

I think a big difference is ,unlike last season when the defence played the ball calmly and controlled out of their own box, its being hoofed up the field in desperation to know one in particular only to be returned quick smart. Man U are giving the ball away far too easily.However except for Rooney's ridiculous give away free kick a win although undeserved could have given them the jump start they need. Only positive for me was young Jonny Evans cool display oin the back line

I think a big difference is ,unlike last season when the defence played the ball calmly and controlled out of their own box, its being hoofed up the field in desperation to know one in particular only to be returned quick smart. Man U are giving the ball away far too easily.However except for Rooney's ridiculous give away free kick a win although undeserved could have given them the jump start they need. Only positive for me was young Jonny Evans cool display oin the back line

That was the only positive? Come on mate, compared to the week before there were plenty more signs that we are getting back to normal.

That was the only positive? Come on mate, compared to the week before there were plenty more signs that we are getting back to normal.

Totally agree, much, much better. Yes, Jonny Evans was a big plus, although other points that haven't been mentioned, such as the return of Ronaldo, Evra, Rooney and Ferdinands performance and some nice interplay between the forwards. On a downside Van Der Sar is starting look a bit of a liability, and Gary Neville certainly looks like he has lost a yard of pace, but not worth judging for a few more games after such a long lay off. For all the doom merchants there's nothing too wrong with United, and they will still be the team to beat come the end of the season.

Ok what were your positives. Would you not agree that

(a) Ball security was very poor

(:o 7 yellow cards is a sign of ill discipline even though some were a tad harsh.

© Rooney, such an intergral part of the team, is well below par. I lost count of how many times his passes found the opposition.

(d) Ferdinand blowing his top helps no one.

(e) After dominating in the first 15 minutes they seemed to run out of steam and constructive attack.It was fortunate that Anelka was playing striker as his Grandmother could have pocketed one chance away

I concede its early days and a settled team selection with the easier games coming up will help but its got to happen soon or the gap will be far to big in the Premiership. I cant see Chelsea,unfortuantly, losing many games and Arsenal may just find the legs they lost last year

Ronaldo has to start the game and more involvement from Fergie and Phelan on the sideline is needed perhaps

(:o 7 yellow cards is a sign of ill discipline even though some were a tad harsh.

© Rooney, such an intergral part of the team, is well below par. I lost count of how many times his passes found the opposition.

(e) After dominating in the first 15 minutes they seemed to run out of steam and constructive attack.It was fortunate that Anelka was playing striker as his Grandmother could have pocketed one chance away

I concede its early days and a settled team selection with the easier games coming up will help but its got to happen soon or the gap will be far to big in the Premiership. I cant see Chelsea,unfortuantly, losing many games and Arsenal may just find the legs they lost last year

Ronaldo has to start the game and more involvement from Fergie and Phelan on the sideline is needed perhaps

I dont have time to debate all your points but I would rather have Ferdinand blowing his top over the English Captain who looked like a dear in headlights during whole match. Now with Carvhalo (sp) out for two weeks, let's see how JT handles it without the best Chelsea defender around to make up for his glaring errors.

Arsenal won't have the legs again, let's look at who they have played thus far... oh and they have Hull this weekend.

I dont have time to debate all your points but I would rather have Ferdinand blowing his top over the English Captain who looked like a dear in headlights during whole match. Now with Carvhalo (sp) out for two weeks, let's see how JT handles it without the best Chelsea defender around to make up for his glaring errors.

Arsenal won't have the legs again, let's look at who they have played thus far... oh and they have Hull this weekend.

Ok fair enough. Man U are a champion side, as they proved last season, and even have a stronger squad this season but I want then to play like champions and not with the ill discipline they have shown against Liverpool and Chelsea, Re my comment on Ferdinand ,it was minor miracle that under the new "respect" laws he did not go on report and I was wrong to say that Fergie was not vocal enough , after watching the replay, he gave Rooney a mouthful after the needless foul on Cole that led to Chelsea's goal, thats what I am talking about, self control which in Rooney's case I though he had had overcome.

The next 3 premiership games are Bolton (H) Blackburn (A) and West Brom (H) If they get max points as they should from those 3 things are back on track.

Ok fair enough. Man U are a champion side, as they proved last season, and even have a stronger squad this season but I want then to play like champions and not with the ill discipline they have shown against Liverpool and Chelsea, Re my comment on Ferdinand ,it was minor miracle that under the new "respect" laws he did not go on report and I was wrong to say that Fergie was not vocal enough , after watching the replay, he gave Rooney a mouthful after the needless foul on Cole that led to Chelsea's goal, thats what I am talking about, self control which in Rooney's case I though he had had overcome.

The next 3 premiership games are Bolton (H) Blackburn (A) and West Brom (H) If they get max points as they should from those 3 things are back on track.

I for one don't have a problem when my team shows some passion, particularly in big games. However, I do agree that it needs to be kept to the playing of the game and not lipping off refs, then again I kinda liked it when Didiot Dogma opens his trap and gets the big red one in the dying moments of the champions league final. Great stuff.

Match Preview: Man United v Bolton

Posted on: Fri 26 Sep 2008

Manchester United v Bolton Wanderers,

Barclays Premier League,

Saturday 27 October,

Old Trafford, 3pm kick-off

Bolton travel to Old Trafford aiming to halt a run of five successive defeats at the home of Manchester United.

Indeed this fixture hasn't been the kindest to the Wanderers in recent years, but Gary Megson isn't too worried about past history as he explained that his team have to go there and "try to get a decent result."

A contest against the European Champions is always a tough proposition, but considering that Sir Alex Ferguson's men have only one league victory to their name so far this season, then it could be an appropriate time to play them.

Ahead of the game midfielder Owen Hargreaves explained the significance of the contest to Manchester United's official website, saying:"It's an important game because we need to get wins under our belts.

"But it's a big game for Bolton too. I should know - my Dad's a big Bolton fan! Playing United means a lot to them because they're only just around the corner.

"We know these matches are physical affairs and Bolton make it as difficult as possible for you. They are direct, they try to get the ball in behind you, and set-pieces and throw-ins are a key part of their game. They play to their own strengths and if you're not up for competing with them then you'll really struggle."

Team News

Cristiano Ronaldo is expected to make his first league start of the season for Manchester United following a spell on the sidelines with an ankle injury, while Dimitar Berbatov could be in line to make his home debut depending on what partnership Alex Ferguson decides to go with in attack.

Media speculation is reporting that rookie goalkeeper Ben Amos could get a surprise start due to injury complaints surrounding Edwin van der Sar, Tomas Kuszczak and Ben Foster.

Bolton boss Gary Megson has been handed a double boost ahead of the game with the news that Johan Elmander is back fit following a month out with a hamstring problem, while Gary Cahill is available for selection after serving a three-game ban.

Matthew Taylor is back in training after a broken toe, but Megson admitted on Thursday that the game will come too soon for the left sided midfielder.

The Manager - Sir Alex Ferguson

One of the most decorated managers in world football, Sir Alex has won almost everything possible in the English game, aside from the LDV Vans Trophy!

22 years in the hot-seat at Old Trafford has reaped no less than ten Premier League titles, five FA Cup successes, and two League Cup winners' medals. Add the two Champions League victories and the UEFA Cup success in 1991 and indeed he has no less than 20 major trophies to his name.

Ferguson was appointed manager at Old Trafford back in November 1986 following the sacking of Ron Atkinson, having forged a name for himself north of the border with Aberdeen, where he again had won trophies galore.

In the time since, he has created a legacy for himself due to the continued success since the conception of the Premier League in 1992. It is said that he has built three teams during that time, nurturing the likes of Ryan Giggs, David Beckham, Paul Scholes and Gary Neville through from the academy to international prominence.

If you look at some of his recruits in the transfer market where Peter Schmeichel, Eric Cantona, Ruud van Nistelrooy and Cristiano Ronaldo amongst many others have been brought to the club, then it would be fair to say that the 66-year-old definitely has an eye for a player.

Having shelved plans to retire in 2002, Sir Alex now has over 1200 games to his name as the boss of Manchester United.

Key Player - Cristiano Ronaldo

In a team littered with world class players, Cristiano Ronaldo is still the player that most eyes will be focused on during Saturday's match.

Having missed the first month of the season due to ankle surgery in the summer, Ronaldo returned to action last week against Villareal in the Champions League group match at Old Trafford.

Having scored 23 goals in the 2006/07 campaign and a staggering 42 last season, the 23-year-old got his tally for new season up and running in midweek with a strike against Middlesbrough in their 3-1 Carling Cup third round victory.

It would be hard no to disagree with the fact that his goalscoring ability over the last couple of seasons has been a major contributing factor in Manchester United's domestic and European successes, but aside from his prowess in front of goal, the number seven has become famed for his lightning speed and immense trickery.

Arguably one of the most gifted players on the planet; he has been crowned PFA Players' Player of the Year on the last two occasions, whilst he is also the current holder of the European Golden Shoe and the reigning UEFA Club Footballer of the Year for his exploits last season.

It will be interesting to see how the current season pans out for the number seven considering all the much publicised speculation linking him with a move to Real Madrid throughout the summer months.

Betting

To get all the best odds for the game, visit our official betting partner Bet2Go. A draw is best-priced at 5/1, but if you fancy Wanderers to nick all three points then fantastic odds of 15/1 are available.

A scoreless draw is 16/1 while if you fancy Gary Cahill to get the first goal of the game on his return from suspension then back him at 66/1.

A little late but here's the team selection for this afternoon match Man Utd v Bolton 27 SEP.

1425: MAN UTD v BOLTON TEAMS:

Man Utd: Van der Sar, Neville, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra, Ronaldo, Fletcher, Rob Styles, Anderson, Park, Tevez, Berbatov,

Subs: Amos, Rooney, Giggs, Nani, Scholes, O'Shea, Evans.

Bolton: Jaaskelainen, Steinsson, Cahill, Andrew O'Brien, Samuel, Davies, Nolan, McCann, Muamba, Gardner, Elmander.

Subs: Al Habsi, Taylor, Joey O'Brien, Smolarek, Riga, Vaz Te, Shittu.

Referee (So called): Rob Styles.

Can a mod please delete this post, I've posted the same in the Bolton thread.

Ta.

Edited by enyaw

Rob Styles is a disgrace. Nobody appealed, no foul committed and he awards a penalty!

Week in and week out these clowns taint a good contest with their gross incompetance and attention seeking decisions.

HTF can the FA ever hope to instil "respect" for these idiots.

I don't think anyone would disagree that it wasn't a penalty, but i have to say i'm a bit mystified at the level of the reaction from some. Like the commentator who said that it was the worst penalty decision he had ever seen given. I mean come on! I can think of hundreds far worse. It's not like there was no contact and the player just collapsed. Those are the ones that when given warrant outrage.

This was just a bad decision of which they'll doubtless be plenty throughout the season, and Vulcan, when one goes in favour of Liverpool, i expect to see you post on here your disappointment and anger.

And all I see on all the footy forums is the mancs claiming they are always dealt a bad hand form the ref's and FA......<deleted> to that ! Old red knose always gets his way and always has his little bit to say. He should just shut up the silly old gitt !

What are you a disgruntled Gunner fan or a Tottenham fan worried about the drop?

Edited by bkkjames

And all I see on all the footy forums is the mancs claiming they are always dealt a bad hand form the ref's and FA......<deleted> to that ! Old red knose always gets his way and always has his little bit to say. He should just shut up the silly old gitt !

What are you a disgruntled Gunner fan or a Tottenham fan worried about the drop?

Even worse I suspect - A Chelsea supporter who hasn't introduced themselves.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Football-Forum-t154842.html

Welcome and try telling us a bit about yourself.

We love a bit of banter - try some.

Reason for edit was to add link.

Edited by LeungKen

The most successful manager ever in the EPL - AND YOU WANT HIM TO BE QUIET ? :D:D

He is not SAF for nothing - How many times has he been fired as a manager ? ONCE and that was by my Scottish team who happen to be at the bottom at present of the SPL ???

Have a good day. :o

BT

Oh what a surprise!! Styles admits to making a mistake.....unf**king believable :o

Ref Styles admits penalty mistake

Referee Rob Styles has apologised to Bolton for awarding a controversial penalty against them in their defeat by Manchester United on Saturday.

Styles gave a spot-kick in the 60th minute after Jlloyd Samuel's tackle on Cristiano Ronaldo inside the area.

Ronaldo duly converted the penalty to give United the lead in a game they went on to win 2-0.

The Professional Game Match Official Board (PGMO) told the BBC that Styles spoke to Bolton on Monday to apologise.

Styles will not be punished with a suspension and will be in charge when Tottenham host Hull at White Hart Lane on Sunday.

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has praised Styles's decision to apologise.

"Rob takes a lot of credit," said Ferguson. "It helps in terms of him showing some humility towards the game. That is the most important thing.

"It is good he has done it. It presents him in a different light. It shows he has character and is big enough to do it."

But speaking after Saturday's game, furious Bolton boss Gary Megson described the penalty decision as "nonsense" and said he was not interested in an apology.

"I don't want him to ring me up," said Megson. "I would have more respect from him if he just holds his hands up and says he was wrong."

It is unknown in what manner Styles contacted Bolton on Monday or who he got in touch with.

Styles drew criticism in some quarters for not publicly admitting his mistake on television immediately after the game.

But contrary to some reports, he was not restricted by PGMO guidelines from doing so.

"Referees, should they so wish, have the opportunity to conduct post-match media interviews, after 30 minutes' 'cool-down' time, to clarify any point of law," said a spokesman for PGMO, the body responsible for top referees.

But the PGMO does not want a situation where referees regularly face 'trial by television'.

It stresses that it works closely with officials in analysing their performances after each match in order to maintain and raise standards.

Officials who make mistakes often miss out on refereeing a Premier League match the following weekend.

But the PGMO insists that referees are not automatically demoted when they make a high-profile mistake, merely that they are being taken out of the spotlight for a week or so.

Even worse I suspect - A Chelsea supporter who hasn't introduced themselves.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Football-Forum-t154842.html

Welcome and try telling us a bit about yourself.

We love a bit of banter - try some.

Reason for edit was to add link.

You hit it on the head, he's one of those Chelski mob. :o

This is a really good idea what Man City are doing. Season ticket holders can sell their seats through the club, so it's all official, if they cannot attend.

Do United run something similar? If not, they should think about it.

http://mcfc.seatexchange.com/

Yes we do, it's not very good....! You were getting marks against you for not attending yourself, i;e not able to get away tickets cos you'd sold on your ticked and not attended yourself. So, you might as well just tout it then I hear you cry.......................................! :o

redrus

This is a really good idea what Man City are doing. Season ticket holders can sell their seats through the club, so it's all official, if they cannot attend.

Do United run something similar? If not, they should think about it.

http://mcfc.seatexchange.com/

Yes we do, it's not very good....! You were getting marks against you for not attending yourself, i;e not able to get away tickets cos you'd sold on your ticked and not attended yourself. So, you might as well just tout it then I hear you cry.......................................! :o

Indeed Red, that's <deleted> :D

I noticed (highlights on TV) that loaned out Frazier Campbell looked pretty good last night, scoring once and very near another.

Must be sad for the Spur's to pay that much for Pavchencko or whatever his name is when FC who they got for free looks more a threat to score.