Manchester United

redrus

Well Friday night footie is upon us, another night having to either stay up until 2 am kick off, or go bed early ste alarm and up and watch the game.

Either way it messes with my beauty sleep.

Very excited to see us back at old Trafford and new exciting era beginning.

Expect to see some brilliant football, what after Moyes and dull lvg Mourinio is a refreshing change.

Enjoy the season fellow forumisters.

Cheers nev all being well we will be in touch at xmas and in with a shout at the end of the season...squads looking a lot stronger now.Dont know your opinion but would like to see Mensah soon enough i know he is predominantly a leftie but am told can play anywhere at the back and even in midfield so like to see him take his chance 

Lingard deserves to be in the team at the moment.

De Gea

Fosu-Mensah      Bailly    Smalling       Shaw

Mikhitaryan       Pogba      Lingard/Young 

Rooney

Zlatan                         Martial

Subs from.....Romero Darmian Valencia Rojo Carrick Blind Herrera Schneidelin Felliani Mata Rashford

27 minutes ago, MrRed said:

Cheers nev all being well we will be in touch at xmas and in with a shout at the end of the season...squads looking a lot stronger now.Dont know your opinion but would like to see Mensah soon enough i know he is predominantly a leftie but am told can play anywhere at the back and even in midfield so like to see him take his chance 

Lingard deserves to be in the team at the moment.

De Gea

Fosu-Mensah      Bailly    Smalling       Shaw

Mikhitaryan       Pogba      Lingard/Young 

Rooney

Zlatan                         Martial

Subs from.....Romero Darmian Valencia Rojo Carrick Blind Herrera Schneidelin Felliani Mata Rashford

Good team mate, Rooney is the one who has to lift his game, he will lose his place soon if he dawdles about like he did at Bournemouth.

Valencia will start tonight he has been excellent since Mourinio came in, he might even stick with Blind who has done good next to Bailly.

Yeah think he will go with Blind again and Valencia this team was just what i would like to see if they are all on there game in a few weeks mate.

A win tonight is so important for our start under Mourinho and he knows it judging by his PC about the atmosphere needing to be good and how important it is that the players also undertsand that it is up to them to give the crowd something to get up for.

8 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Amused me that some people on here seem to doubt ManU picking up The Zlatan. 50 in 51 games last season; he'll score plenty I reckon.

I was one of those people, but it was a legitimate question mark, talent not doubted, but there has been many come before him with just a good a pedigree and failed. 50 goals in the Sunday football league is not the same as EPL. It was also brought up by a few pundits.

obviously, tonight he is proving us wrong, cracking headed goal, but it's a long season and Bournmouth away, Southampton at home are nice welcome matches. 

great performance tonight again..........Rooney the solid center forward which is where he should be playing, not much else to say

Valencia ..........I could never ever figure out how VG put possibly the best right wing forward player that manu has had since David B in the back 4............one of the many reasons why he got the boot, Valencia filled his roll well in defence but I'm sure like himself and everyone else was wondering why he was put in that position, he is so good on the wing and crossing the ball and I'm pretty sure as he gains the confidence he lost he will excel

1 hour ago, jellydog said:

Crummy player.

Crummy player.

actually jelly dog he ;s a f--- g good player, you've  nothing relevant to say best shut ---- the --- !!!!   up

any one else ,, ? still injured or aint he one of murry boys chosen one

seems to have gone right of the radar

thought/hoping  he was gonna be the next perm' england c/b..

side on  to smalling ,, whom given his situation wouldn't be surprised to see wenger come sniffing around or him

Jones is a good defender but unfortunately is made of glass,he also gurns like a crackhead another Everton signing i imagine.

Solid performance from the team and we will get better once Smalling is back and Mikhitarin gets up to speed should make the top 4 this year :lol:

1 hour ago, MrRed said:

Jones is a good defender but unfortunately is made of glass,he also gurns like a crackhead another Everton signing i imagine.

Solid performance from the team and we will get better once Smalling is back and Mikhitarin gets up to speed should make the top 4 this year :lol:

You've been reading  the Scousers thread too much :lol:

Edited by alfieconn

1 hour ago, MrRed said:

Never liked Jones, but with a refreshed Mourinho and the talent on hand you lot ought to be top 4 easily.

1 hour ago, MrRed said:

Red

I felt the scoreline didn,t do justice to Southampton,they were always dangerous and at least deserved a goal,scratchy performance I would say but 3 points in the bag,early days yet a lot of bedding in still needed but much room for optimism.. maureen  looks to have created a good squad...........onwards and upwards :thumbsup:

• Like 1

What's this getting up at 2 am and watching us and staying awake all game, it was a refreshing change from the turid kee lvg served up.

Edited by nev
  • Like 2

Never liked Jones, but with a refreshed Mourinho and the talent on hand you lot ought to be top 4 easily.

I haven't given up on Jones .Injuries and body language suggest he is totally without confidence and the only way you get that back is by playing.

3 weeks ago everyone was pleading for United to get rid of Fellaini and hey presto he is suddenly justifying his place.

The problem is, as Mourinho eluded to after the match, is too many players are not getting game time.

The bench for years has never looked stronger.

Roll on September when there will be more games.

And before everyone gets carried away didn't United win the first 2 games last season ?

3 hours ago, petermik said:

Red

I felt the scoreline didn,t do justice to Southampton,they were always dangerous and at least deserved a goal,scratchy performance I would say but 3 points in the bag,early days yet a lot of bedding in still needed but much room for optimism.. maureen  looks to have created a good squad...........onwards and upwards :thumbsup:

petermilk I just got around to watching the replay on 365 Sports and I would hardly call it scratchy,think you being a little too critical.

The positives way overwhelmed the negatives for me remembering Southhampton, as they showed last year, are a definate top 6 possibilty.

The big difference ,for United,over last season is the new players,Pogba,Bailly and I include Shaw are always looking to pass forward not sideways I am sure the stats would back that up.Around the 65th minute United were bombing forward reminescent of teams of old. Pogba playing 90 mins was unexpected the guy obviously has a great engine was at right to the end

Its is early days and this may well not be the best team they can put out but Hull next game should be a gimme and then City where we we will find out what progress has been made.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Sparkles said:

petermilk I just got around to watching the replay on 365 Sports and I would hardly call it scratchy,think you being a little too critical.

The positives way overwhelmed the negatives for me remembering Southhampton, as they showed last year, are a definate top 6 possibilty.

The big difference ,for United,over last season is the new players,Pogba,Bailly and I include Shaw are always looking to pass forward not sideways I am sure the stats would back that up.Around the 65th minute United were bombing forward reminescent of teams of old. Pogba playing 90 mins was unexpected the guy obviously has a great engine was at right to the end

Its is early days and this may well not be the best team they can put out but Hull next game should be a gimme and then City where we we will find out what progress has been made.

I'd agree with that. if i was a Utd fan i'd be very content with the start you guys have had. Two games, two wins with out playing anywhere near your best.

what a class act rooney is , for slats  goal , the loose ball many would have given  up he  didn't and lofted a  hopefiul looking ball across but it wasnt  he was looking for slats and a  clasic c/fs finish rooney = CLASS ACT< &lt;deleted&gt;  YOU DOUBTERS