Manchester United

redrus

Best performance of the year...period.

We are only 11 days in :o , but I know what you mean. Totally outplayed Chelsea. Funny, quiet in here today, none of the usual lurkers.

Figure I am covered either way :D As for the other lurkers (assuming you mean the LP crowd), not the result they were hoping for.

A dissapointingly great result for you boys last night. :D

No Mr Bo " JUST A GREAT RESULT" did mess up my predictions though so no doubt you will increase your lead AGAIN. :o

Well done to SAF and the boys looks like those who don't like him will be angry again in May 2009 :D

BT

Benitez Rants Continue

redissue

Monday, 12th January 2009

After his war of words against United boss Sir Alex Ferguson last week, Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez has now questioned David Gill's position on the FA board.

After yesterday's win against Chelsea, Fergie reacted to Benitez's comments that he influenced referee's decisions as 'ridiculous'.

Now Benitez has questioned why United's chief executive is on a lot of Football Association committees.

"They were saying we are not a threat. Now they know we are, they are starting mind games," he is quoted in the Daily Mirror.

"But I don't think it's a mind game when you have control over everything, it's a mind game when you have the same level as the other people, then you can show you are cleverer than the others.

"But when you have control of everything and your chief executive is powerful in the FA and things like this, then that is not mind games.

"Is there a conflict of interest with David Gill at the FA?

"That is another fact. It is a fact that one person has a lot of power and control, and is on a lot of committees in the FA. To me that is very strange."

Fergie - A Good Result

Sir Alex Ferguson described the win against Chelsea as 'a good result' for United in their attempts to retain the Premier League League title.

The 3-0 win against second-in-the-table Chelsea at Old Trafford on Sunday evening saw United move to within one point of the London side and five points behind Liverpool - with two games in hand on both side's.

"It was a great night for us," The United boss told Sky Sports News.

"Chelsea had a lot of good possession at times and they're a threat when they get possession.

"They've got so many clever players, but we defended the 18-yard line well so I don't think they really had a clear-cut chance.

"On the other side our attacking was good and we had some good chances.

"Even in the first half. Their keeper has made three very good save's.

"It was good result for us.

"As we've said many times, we have all the main teams to play at home and we need to win those games, we have Wigan on Wednesday which will be a tough game.

"We have eight games in January so it's a big test for us."

redrus

Ronaldo Named FIFA World Player Of The Year

Christiano Ronaldo has been named the FIFA World Player of the year for 2008.

The United striker became the first ever Premier League player to win the award which was presented to him at the ceremony in Zurich by Brazilian legend Pele tonight.

"It's the most overwhelming moment of my life," Ronaldo has said.

redrus

Christiano Ronaldo has been named the FIFA World Player of the year for 2008.

The United striker became the first ever Premier League player to win the award which was presented to him at the ceremony in Zurich by Brazilian legend Pele tonight.

"It's the most overwhelming moment of my life," Ronaldo has said.

redrus

Cristiano Ronaldo has been named the Fifa World Player of the Year for 2008.

The Portugal and Manchester United winger becomes the first Premier League player to win the award.

Ronaldo, 23, beat AC Milan's Kaka, Liverpool's Fernando Torres and Barcelona's Lionel Messi and Xavi to the prestigious title.

"It's an overwhelming moment in my career and I'd like to dedicate this award to my family, friends and colleagues," said the United star.

His 42 goals for Manchester United last season helped the Old Trafford club clinch the Premier League and Champions League double.

Ronaldo, who also picked up the European Player of the Year crown in December and the FifPro World Footballer of the Year honour in October, paid special tribute to United boss Sir Alex Ferguson. 606: DEBATE

"It's also true that the manager always has an important role to play. It was a great season for me and for my club and the coach was important for me because I learned a lot for him," he added.

"His experience over so many years is of paramount importance - it's a privilege to have such a great club manager.

"This is the climax of a fantastic era for me. I'm happy and proud about what has been done by my team and what we have won.

"I am lucky to be part of the history of a club like Manchester United."

The coaches and captains of 155 national teams took part in the voting for the award, with Messi finishing second ahead of Torres, Kaka and Xavi.

From the Guardian:

Cristiano Ronaldo believes Manchester United are building a dynasty that will dominate club football for years and can improve on last season's haul of the Premier League and European Cup by adding the FA and League Cup to claim an unprecedented quadruple.

"It will be very difficult but we will try. Why not? We want to win everything this season and in my head I know it's possible because the team is still the same, the spirit is still the same and the desire is still the same," said the Portugal winger in the afterglow of winning the Fifa World Player of the Year award.

"The priorities are the Premier League and Champions League but it would be great to create history by winning all four."

United host Wigan tonight at Old Trafford and Ronaldo is bullish that the champions, who then visit Bolton on Saturday, are firm favourites for the title. "I think so. We're in a great position. We have to win our next two games. If we can do that, then I think it will be hard for anyone else to beat us. We know it's tough but we're very confident.

"I think we can dominate. Manchester has a lot of young players – myself included – and so the future for the club looks good. But we have to make sure we win more trophies. I want to be here, to be a part of the success that I believe lies ahead for this team. It's great to be a part of this fantastic club."

Ronaldo hailed his achievement as a tribute to Sir Alex Ferguson's influence since he signed from Sporting Lisbon in 2003. Ferguson's renowned man-management skills persuaded Ronaldo to stay at United last summer instead of moving to Real Madrid. Ferguson said: "The player must have the personal ambition, the desire and drive to succeed. But he also owes a lot to Manchester United for nurturing and encouraging him in the proper way at the right times."

Despite Ronaldo now being the European and world player of the year, the Scot offers no preferential treatment.

"It's the same as he did when I first came as an 18-year-old," Ronaldo said. "He's helped me so much. Last season he helped me in every aspect – passing, shooting, decision-making, everything. And I listen to him always because he has so much experience and taught some of the best players in the world.

"All the time he's giving me advice to make me better and better. This is what I try to do all the time. There is such a great spirit among the players at United. That is why the club has been so successful. The team comes first, not the individual."

Ronaldo also admitted concern about whoever will succeed Ferguson and offered a hint that his own future at United is tied to the manager's. "He is the coach and I listen to him. This is very important for me. The boss is the most important person at the club. When he leaves it's going to be very difficult to replace him. But, thankfully, this is not the time to think about this because right now he's in charge and everything is great."

Even after winning everything possible both individually and team wise, the best player in the world knows his place at the club - refreshing to see that at least this superstar knows that no player is bigger than the club itself.

"It's the most overwhelming moment of my life," Ronaldo has said.[/i]

saw part of it on BBC last night...

its a shame women football is so under-rated. the woman that got it (I cant even remember her name!) has got it for 3 consecutive years!!

its a shame women football is so under-rated. the woman that got it (I cant even remember her name!) has got it for 3 consecutive years!!

women play football?

women play football?

To say Play is a very loose useage of the word

women play football?

If a woman can't remember the woman's name, how does she expect us to remember that women play football? :o

was it the brasilian girl, marta? watched her play quite a bit in the last women's world cup and she's brilliant. amazingly skilful.

women play football?

If a woman can't remember the woman's name, how does she expect us to remember that women play football? :D

What i want to know is. What kind of man is it, that let's them out of the kitchen for 90 minutes :o

hmm, when she is done with the game, she can take up another one in jockeying for position with the katoeys in front of nana.

:o

She looks like Rio Ferdinand with hair. :D

I wonder if she insists on wearing the captains armband as well?

What's her (his) position, center back or center forward? does she like to push forward or lay back and take it as it comes? how is she with her head, does use it to go after the high balls? How is does she cross? and her marking ... xxy?

hmm, when she is done with the game, she can take up another one in jockeying for position with the katoeys in front of nana.

Could be worse , she could look like Carloz Tevez, Stephen (ET) Ireland or any one of many players. I was in Aus for an extended period 18 mths ago and watched a womens tournament on the ethnic ,football friendly , TV Channel SBS. Was amazed at the standard produced and the power of some of the girls. Was all played in a good spirit to o, no shirt pulling or diving. Pity therir game doesnt get more exposure in Asia. I know in Oz its among the fastest growing sports.

Could be worse , she could look like Carloz Tevez, Stephen (ET) Ireland or any one of many players. I was in Aus for an extended period 18 mths ago and watched a womens tournament on the ethnic ,football friendly , TV Channel SBS. Was amazed at the standard produced and the power of some of the girls. Was all played in a good spirit to o, no shirt pulling or diving. Pity therir game doesnt get more exposure in Asia. I know in Oz its among the fastest growing sports.

more exposure in Asia? aussie rules sheball? no thanks, I will stick to my morning wank watching that exercise show.

What's her (his) position, center back or center forward? does she like to push forward or lay back and take it as it comes? how is she with her head, does use it to go after the high balls? How is does she cross? and her marking ... xxy?

tricky forward. more skilful and more tricks than most of the blokes who play in the premiership. one of the few women players who probably wouldn't look totally out of place in a men's team. the adam's apple would help of course.

tricky forward. more skilful and more tricks than most of the blokes who play in the premiership. one of the few women players who probably wouldn't look totally out of place in a men's team. the adam's apple would help of course.

she could line up beside Torres and you would have your dream team - chris deburgh would be so happy - two ladies in red, prancing next to me, cheek to cheek, nobody score, nobody cares...

she could line up beside Torres and you would have your dream team - chris deburgh would be so happy - two ladies in red, prancing next to me, cheek to cheek, nobody score, nobody cares...

Well BKKJAMES you seem to have wound up a few on the Liverpool thread with you one liners !!

Never mind Chris Deburgh try this one instead I am sure you know the tune.. :D

BT :o

Liverpool (Bohemian) Rhapsody -

Is this our Stevie?

Captain of LFC?

Arrested in Southport

All caught on CCTV.

Open "The star"

It's there on Page One, you'll see.

I'm just a Scouser

I need some help

Because I'm Huyton-born, Huyton-bred

Once a Blue, now a Red.

Whatever the truth is, it doesn't really matter to me.

[Piano: Dumm di dum dum, dumm di dum dum]

Rafa! It's Stevie here.

I've just t*watted a DJ

And they've taken him away.

Rafa, we were four points clear

But now I fear we'll throw it all away!

Rafa! Ooooooooooh.

Didn't mean to make you sigh

If I'm not back in time to play at Preston Tinker on, tinker on, my career is all in tatters....

[Piano: Dum di dum di dum, dum di dum di dum]

Too late! It's Walton Jail.

I don't think that I can cope

I can't bend down for the soap.

Goodbye everybody - I've got to go

Gotta leave the Kop behind and face the Bench.

Rafa! Ooooooooooo! (Anyway the sh*it blows) I don't want to go to jail I sometimes wish I'd never joined Liverpoo-ool!

[Piano, guitar and stuff]

I see a little silhouetto of Hamman

There's ,more dosh, there's more dosh if I sign for Man City But joining such a sh*ite team is very very frightening to me

Calling Barry

(It's Rick Parry)

Calling Barry

(It's Rick Parry)

Calling Barry! He's Magnific-o-o-o-o

I'm just a poor boy from a Scouse family He's just a poor boy from a Scouse family Spare him his job says Co-Coach Sammy Lee

Piano: Tinkle, tinkle tinkle

Easy come easy go! Will you let me go?

It's me, La!

No! We will not let you go! Let him go!

It's me, La!

No! We will not let you go! Let him go!

No no no no no no!

Rafa! Sammy! Rafa! Sammy! Rafa! Sammy! Get me out!

A Big House con has a shower set aside for me! For meee!

For meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

[big Guitar Riff]

So you think you can say my career's in decline!

So you think you can suggest my kids are not mine!

Oh DJ! Can't do this to me DJ!

Just gotta get out! Just gotta get right outta here!

[More guitar and then the slow bit]

My career is now in tatters

Anyone can see

Nothing really matters! Nothing really matters to me!

Anyway the sh*it blows!

Have a good day and I hope the Right result tonight :D

BT

Have a good day...

Well BKKJAMES you seem to have wound up a few on the Liverpool thread with you one liners !!

he, really, really hasn't. honestly.

someone needs to start scoring against you lot, that's nine in the league without conceding.

he, really, really hasn't. honestly.

someone needs to start scoring against you lot, that's nine in the league without conceding.

with WR out for the next while, someone else had better start scoring. sadly, i woke up to watch the game, turned it on, went to the washroom and missed the only goal of the game.

wigan played ok but we were definately suffering a hangover from the chelsea match. one more game without a goal against and its a new record I believe.

with WR out for the next while, someone else had better start scoring. sadly, i woke up to watch the game, turned it on, went to the washroom and missed the only goal of the game.

wigan played ok but we were definately suffering a hangover from the chelsea match. one more game without a goal against and its a new record I believe.

can't really see bolton scoring against you or troubling you much.

rooney should have warmed up properly. that said i actually rate tevez a better player than rooney, so if he gets a run of games he'll score goals. he's probably the type of player to work better with berbatov too.

can't really see bolton scoring against you or troubling you much.

rooney should have warmed up properly. that said i actually rate tevez a better player than rooney, so if he gets a run of games he'll score goals. he's probably the type of player to work better with berbatov too.

tevez better that rooney, surely you are taking the piss. or is it that rooney was all blue before and you feel slighted that he picked United over your team?

Edited by bkkjames