Manchester United

redrus

You really are a Lemon Jimbo... :D

A Lemon Jimbo??? Hmmm.. never heard that one before... cockney perhaps? I know you're an Eastend boy Singh.... were you calling him a Bimbo perhaps? :D

Or is the Lemon metaphorical? Are you saying that James is all bitter and his skin is yellow??? :o Confused....

A Lemon Jimbo??? Hmmm.. never heard that one before... cockney perhaps? I know you're an Eastend boy Singh.... were you calling him a Bimbo perhaps? :D

Or is the Lemon metaphorical? Are you saying that James is all bitter and his skin is yellow??? :o Confused....

I think he's calling him a Lemon Curd :D

I leave the rest to you to figure out.

I think he's calling him a Lemon Curd :o

I leave the rest to you to figure out.

Thanks for the clearing that one up Toady. :D

Well what can one say? A great result but a terrible performance really. Too many players have really gone off the boil, and unless they get their minds focused, all of their work to get where they are could be for nothing.

I really do hope we take the Porto game by the scruff of the neck and get a couple of goals early doors.

No no, no slang there..

bkkjames = Jimbo

Lemon = " You complete Lemon ", maybe it's a Cockney term but not slang & sometimes, our Jimbo can be a complete Lemon.. :D

Edited by MSingh

I didnt say anything about being surprised...or not

my emoticon when it comes to ManU result is one of disinterest really :o

well except when you guys lose against us :D

(wonder if I will be called for flaming? :D )

Well done United.

Just goes to show, they have a couple of bad results and everyone thinks they are finished.

Then they did what they did last night.

I just read that Porto have played 150 games at home in the CL without losing.....then United go there and win...incredible.

I hope they go on and win it again now, they desrve it after that result.

My feeling is that they will play Barca in the final....another test I expect them to overcome.

I know a lot of people don't like Fergie, but what he manages to achieve is nothing short of miraculous,

I am no United fan by any means, but I do apprecitae it when teams overcome the odds and prove how good they really are on the pitch.

I just love football with all its banter, twists and turns, and hey we have a boring summer coming very soon

United played great for 60 minutes last night....nice passing game and fabulous goal by Ronaldo!

I thought they might rue the missed chances by Vidic and Berbatov either side of half time.Indeed when Berbatov was replaced by the ineffectual Nani it handed the impetus to Porto and it was a rearguard action by United for 25 minutes.But the last 5 minutes plus injury time United regained control and held out comfortably in the end.

Ronaldo and Rooney had excellent games and O'Shea had one of his better performances in a United shirt.

So United v Arsenal and Chelsea v Barcelona....should be 4 late night classics in the LOS plus 1 more as an English team is guaranteed to reach the final again ! :o

an English team is guaranteed to reach the final again ! :o

Plattini and Blatter will be seething! :D

Good solid performance - well done lads!

P.S. Rooney's nonchalance defending corners was nice - perhaps next time he'll go one further - one hand resting against the post, the other holding a cup of tea!

Commiserations to all the Salford lads and the Mancs, but to all the London bandwagon jumpers and shallow glory hunters, good take it up the @rse all of you and learn what it's like to support a football team.

Quick edit, that was in the white heat of the final penalty, no offence meant.

Edited by rott

Well done, 3 up, game in hand, 6 more to go. Big game against harry and the boys on the weekend.

Chelsea's draw against everton further demonstrates how hard it is to score against them, which both LP and Utd found out this year.

Solid result, puts the pressure back on Liverpool and Chelsea. Still a few significant hurdles to jump yet, but a win at the weekend, and a further wobble from Rafa and his Jelly boys then we will almost be there. Still wont right Chelsea off just yet, whatever Hiddink says.

Chelsea and Liverpool have "wobbled" now...United look firm favourites now...in fact Hiddink says as far as Chelsea are concerned it's all over.

So that just leaves Raffa beleiving Liverpool can still win it

think for liverpool to stand a chance,spurs and arsenal are going to have to see off man.u.Not impossible.

Chelsea and Liverpool have "wobbled" now...United look firm favourites now...in fact Hiddink says as far as Chelsea are concerned it's all over.

So that just leaves Raffa beleiving Liverpool can still win it

think for liverpool to stand a chance,spurs and arsenal are going to have to see off man.u.Not impossible.

based on what is it 8 draws a home this year?, LP drawing a few more in the run in is not impossible either.

Rafa Losing It?

Sir Alex knows Liverpool are better than United, says Benítez• Liverpool manager sparks potential new feud

• Spaniard claims no one has ever stood up to Scot

Rafael Benítez has waded into another potential feud with Sir Alex Ferguson by mischievously suggesting that the Manchester United manager recognises that "Liverpool are the better side". The Spaniard, whose verbal exchanges with Ferguson have become a regular feature in this season's title race, also claimed that the United manager thinks he has a "licence" to play mind games with his rivals because he makes his remarks without fear of being challenged.

"I'm not having a battle of words with Alex Ferguson," Benítez said in an interview with his hometown newspaper, ABC. "But I believe that he can see that we are the better side, and that we are very close to United. He has been accustomed to playing these types of mind games for many years. Nobody has ever said anything against him, or stood up to him, as he has a very good team that can win ­trophies. It seems like he has a licence to do these sorts of things."

The Liverpool manager, whose side trail United by three points and have played a game more, has emphasised how important it is for his players to continue to believe that the Premier League title is not out of their reach despite Tuesday night's remarkable 4–4 draw with Arsenal at Anfield. "It is essential for us to try to keep the pressure on United," Benítez added. "We must not slacken off, and if we keep going that will make them feel under pressure."

In a move set to further antagonise Ferguson, Liverpool are rumoured to be among a host of clubs pursuing United's Argentine striker Carlos Tévez.

United, meanwhile, received some welcome news when it emerged that Wes Brown, who has not played since the end of January because of a foot injury, could be available for Tottenham's visit tomorrow to ease a potential injury crisis. Gary Neville and John O'Shea both limped off during the 2–0 victory over Portsmouth at Old Trafford on Wednesday night and Ferguson anticipates that the duo will be forced to spend "the next few weeks" on the sidelines.

Brown reported no problems after playing an hour of a reserves game at Preston North End on Monday and last night he appeared for the first half of the reserves' 1–1 draw against Newcastle at Moss Lane. Should he suffer no reaction, it is likely the England international, who has started only five Premier League games this season,will be drafted into the squad for the Spurs game. "Wes is fine. He is training hard and should be OK for the weekend," said the United assistant manager, Mike Phelan.

The outlook for Neville and O'Shea is less clear. O'Shea hurt his ankle following a late tackle by Nadir Belhadj and was due to be assessed by United's medical staff yesterday, while Phelan admitted Neville was "struggling" after the full-back took a blow on the inside of the foot that required stitches.

One consolation for Ferguson is that Rio Ferdinand will be able to return to the side after sitting out the Portsmouth match as a precaution following his recent return from a groin injury.

United's win against Portsmouth was the third in succession in the Premier League following the back-to-back defeats that had threatened to derail their pursuit of an 18th league title. The first of those victories came in dramatic fashion after the teenage substitute Federico Macheda scored an injury-time winner against Aston Villa, a goal Michael Carrick believes was crucial in shifting the title race momentum from Anfield to Old Trafford.

"Sometimes in a season you get a feeling that one moment is going to make all the difference," said the England midfielder, who scored United's second goal on Wednesday night. "Aston Villa was one of them. It was a huge win. At that point people wouldn't have given us much hope. Getting a victory that day gave a massive lift to everyone and since then things have gone pretty well."

Is it just me or does he not understand that no trophies, 2nd place in the league does not make one a better team? Generally speaking, results are the determining factor Rafa.

It's a bit like saying I am better looking than Stevie but he got the cuter girl.

Rafa Losing It?

Sir Alex knows Liverpool are better than United, says Benítez• Liverpool manager sparks potential new feud

• Spaniard claims no one has ever stood up to Scot

Rafael Benítez has waded into another potential feud with Sir Alex Ferguson by mischievously suggesting that the Manchester United manager recognises that "Liverpool are the better side". The Spaniard, whose verbal exchanges with Ferguson have become a regular feature in this season's title race, also claimed that the United manager thinks he has a "licence" to play mind games with his rivals because he makes his remarks without fear of being challenged.

"I'm not having a battle of words with Alex Ferguson," Benítez said in an interview with his hometown newspaper, ABC. "But I believe that he can see that we are the better side, and that we are very close to United. He has been accustomed to playing these types of mind games for many years. Nobody has ever said anything against him, or stood up to him, as he has a very good team that can win ­trophies. It seems like he has a licence to do these sorts of things."

The Liverpool manager, whose side trail United by three points and have played a game more, has emphasised how important it is for his players to continue to believe that the Premier League title is not out of their reach despite Tuesday night's remarkable 4–4 draw with Arsenal at Anfield. "It is essential for us to try to keep the pressure on United," Benítez added. "We must not slacken off, and if we keep going that will make them feel under pressure."

In a move set to further antagonise Ferguson, Liverpool are rumoured to be among a host of clubs pursuing United's Argentine striker Carlos Tévez.

United, meanwhile, received some welcome news when it emerged that Wes Brown, who has not played since the end of January because of a foot injury, could be available for Tottenham's visit tomorrow to ease a potential injury crisis. Gary Neville and John O'Shea both limped off during the 2–0 victory over Portsmouth at Old Trafford on Wednesday night and Ferguson anticipates that the duo will be forced to spend "the next few weeks" on the sidelines.

Brown reported no problems after playing an hour of a reserves game at Preston North End on Monday and last night he appeared for the first half of the reserves' 1–1 draw against Newcastle at Moss Lane. Should he suffer no reaction, it is likely the England international, who has started only five Premier League games this season,will be drafted into the squad for the Spurs game. "Wes is fine. He is training hard and should be OK for the weekend," said the United assistant manager, Mike Phelan.

The outlook for Neville and O'Shea is less clear. O'Shea hurt his ankle following a late tackle by Nadir Belhadj and was due to be assessed by United's medical staff yesterday, while Phelan admitted Neville was "struggling" after the full-back took a blow on the inside of the foot that required stitches.

One consolation for Ferguson is that Rio Ferdinand will be able to return to the side after sitting out the Portsmouth match as a precaution following his recent return from a groin injury.

United's win against Portsmouth was the third in succession in the Premier League following the back-to-back defeats that had threatened to derail their pursuit of an 18th league title. The first of those victories came in dramatic fashion after the teenage substitute Federico Macheda scored an injury-time winner against Aston Villa, a goal Michael Carrick believes was crucial in shifting the title race momentum from Anfield to Old Trafford.

"Sometimes in a season you get a feeling that one moment is going to make all the difference," said the England midfielder, who scored United's second goal on Wednesday night. "Aston Villa was one of them. It was a huge win. At that point people wouldn't have given us much hope. Getting a victory that day gave a massive lift to everyone and since then things have gone pretty well."

Is it just me or does he not understand that no trophies, 2nd place in the league does not make one a better team? Generally speaking, results are the determining factor Rafa.

It's a bit like saying I am better looking than Stevie but he got the cuter girl.

Just usual Media spin James - on everything that Fergie or Raffa of late... You should know that by now?

Sky Sports

Rafael Benitez had denied reports claiming he thinks Liverpool are better than Manchester United.

Benitez was quoted on Friday insisting the Reds were a better team than the Old Trafford and he was the only one willing to stand up to Sir Alex Ferguson.

Those comments sparked a reaction from United boss Ferguson in his press conference, but Benitez has since refuted the reports.

"It is not true," Benitez told Sky Sports News. "I did not say this.

"It was a normal conversation with a good journalist and then has been twisted a little bit."

Benitez, whose side travel to Hull on Saturday without injured captain Steven Gerrard, did offer his view on the state of play in the Premier League which sees the Merseyside outfit trailing the Red Devils by three points having played a game more.

The Spaniard said: "I think United are in the driving seat - that is clear. It depends on them so we have to keep going, keep doing our job, try to win, score four goals don't concede - things like this and see what happens."

Benitez, whose side dropped points in the 4-4 draw with Arsenal in midweek, believes the Gunners can lend a helping hand to the Reds in their title quest.

He added: "I think they will have difficult games and they have to play a lot of games so we have to keep the confidence, the belief that we can do it."

Bloody ell, looks different in ere....!

:D

redrus

Welcome back stranger. :D

Nah, don't think much has changed round here. Actually i reckon you could disappear for a hundred years and when you came back people would still be talkin the same <deleted> on here! :o

"Red" old son, it's great to see you back again, how are you ?

Thanks mate, good fella, just working hard.

You're good I trust....?

Bloody ell, looks different in ere....!

:D

redrus

Welcome back stranger. :D

Nah, don't think much has changed round here. Actually i reckon you could disappear for a hundred years and when you came back people would still be talkin the same <deleted> on here! :D

Cheers pal.

:o

redrus

RONALDO OUT, KAKA IN?

Man Utd in reported talks with AC Milan's Kaka

By Soccernet staff

April 25, 2009

Comment

Email

Print

Manchester United are reported to have held talks with AC Milan playmaker Kaka over a potential summer move to Old Trafford as a replacement for Cristiano Ronaldo should the Portuguese leave for Real Madrid.

GettyImages

Kaka: Still keen to stay at the San Siro?

It is understood that the representatives for the 27-year-old Brazilian met with United officials to discuss personal terms, which in wages alone could earn the player £35m over five years.

The Sun report a source close to Kaka as saying: ''It was a very positive meeting, although nothing was agreed.

''The player wants a five-year contract and wages of £135,000 a week. He is very keen to join United and these are figures that are within United's pay structure. It's up to them what happens now.''

No transfer fee was discussed however Milan could expect to receive at least £70m despite the prevailing economic climate - after all in January Kaka was subject to a £100m transfer bid from Manchester City.

Although United's parent company recently reported debts in excess of £600m the club could afford a move for Kaka if they decide to reinvest the cash they would receive for Ronaldo, who at the least would command a fee in the region of £70m.

While Kaka is understood to have baulked at the possibility of a move to the City of Manchester Stadium earlier this year, Old Trafford is a different proposition, as the Brazilian has previously admitted when he said: ''They have some great players in Giggs and Scholes and especially Wayne Rooney.

''One of my best friends, Anderson, is also there - how can anyone say no? They are the English and European champions and a great club to play for.''

RONALDO OUT, KAKA IN?

Man Utd in reported talks with AC Milan's Kaka

By Soccernet staff

April 25, 2009

Comment

Email

Print

Manchester United are reported to have held talks with AC Milan playmaker Kaka over a potential summer move to Old Trafford as a replacement for Cristiano Ronaldo should the Portuguese leave for Real Madrid.

GettyImages

Kaka: Still keen to stay at the San Siro?

It is understood that the representatives for the 27-year-old Brazilian met with United officials to discuss personal terms, which in wages alone could earn the player £35m over five years.

The Sun report a source close to Kaka as saying: ''It was a very positive meeting, although nothing was agreed.

''The player wants a five-year contract and wages of £135,000 a week. He is very keen to join United and these are figures that are within United's pay structure. It's up to them what happens now.''

No transfer fee was discussed however Milan could expect to receive at least £70m despite the prevailing economic climate - after all in January Kaka was subject to a £100m transfer bid from Manchester City.

Although United's parent company recently reported debts in excess of £600m the club could afford a move for Kaka if they decide to reinvest the cash they would receive for Ronaldo, who at the least would command a fee in the region of £70m.

While Kaka is understood to have baulked at the possibility of a move to the City of Manchester Stadium earlier this year, Old Trafford is a different proposition, as the Brazilian has previously admitted when he said: ''They have some great players in Giggs and Scholes and especially Wayne Rooney.

''One of my best friends, Anderson, is also there - how can anyone say no? They are the English and European champions and a great club to play for.''

What a game last night.

Paul Scholes coming on made a massive difference IMHO

The penalty decison was wrong though....but what a second half display....deserve to be Champions after a performance of THAT magnitude and probably will be.

What a game last night.

Paul Scholes coming on made a massive difference IMHO

The penalty decison was wrong though....but what a second half display....deserve to be Champions after a performance of THAT magnitude and probably will be.

Yes it was a fortuitous decision, the penalty - fortuitous for us i mean! :D

But as Sir Alex said, we had a nailed on one not given recently in the FA Cup, so we'll take it - much as Liverpool took their highly dubious free-kick last night. :o

You are right about Scholes making a difference. Tevez too. And with Rooney, Ronaldo and Berba all stepping up, despite what Harry may think, penalty or no penalty i think we would have got back in the game.

Could that be the last time we see Nani? I really do hope we let him go in the Summer myself. He promised so much but consistently fails to deliver. :D