Briton's Drug Trial Postponed By Thailand

george

Why are people so incredibly foolish as to fool with dope in places like BKK? They know the consequences.

I'm sure few think they will get caught. And if they don't the rewards are big. The penalties in Malaysia are even worse than Thailand and you still see people getting arrested trying to smuggle drugs in... But if you're gonna do it, do it right. Don't carry it in your suitcase like some idiot. I like the heroine in the fruit cans idea. Now that was professional. I wonder what they were doing in the river at Mae Sai though.

Anyone who wants to know what Thai jails are like might want to read 'The Damage is Done' about three Australians who were convicted of drug smuggling. The description of their experiences is utterly chilling.

I can't help being ashamed of these pathetic little people, my countrymen, who just keep on doing it. I don't wish death or even decades locked away in ###### upon them, but they do deserve severe punishment, if only for shaming their countries.

Thats the thing that always strikes me about them. They are pathetic. They look pathetic, they must be utterly thick, and utterly gullible. Perhaps those that low on the food chain are going to suffer in one way or the other, but what is about to happen to this 'man' will be worse than he can imagine.

All I am asking for is a little lashing out at the guys making the stuff. Don't you realize that these people who get caught with some drugs in their luggage are just pawns? Sure it is stupid, but it is meaningless in the big picture. Why doesn't anyone ever tell us about their utter disdain for the guys who run the factories and employ the private armies?

• 2 weeks later...

Follow-up:

Briton in death jab plea

BANGKOK: A British teenager has admitted drugs trafficking in a bid to escape execution in Thailand.

Michael Connell, 19, faced lethal injection if convicted by a court.

But his lawyer Putri Kuvanonda yesterday said pleading guilty usually meant a reduced sentence.

He said: “He could now get life — that’s 50 years or even 25 years.”

Connell of Bury, Gtr Manchester, was arrested after flying into Bangkok last November with 3,400 Ecstasy pills in his bags.

He said he did not know how they got there.

--Agencies 2004-02-26

I read recently, that in the UK Ectasy is now cheaper than a pint of beer.

So this fool would have made over 3 million baht pure profit smuggling drugs INTO Thailand :o

As for the death penalty or even life in prison, very harsh for such a relative harmless drug.

Relatively harmless ?

Extacy kills !

Extacy can leave you brain dead !

Extacy has destroyed the future of several friends of myself or my (UK) daughter, who thought it was just like a couple of rum 'n cokes before a party.

I have no sympathy with the makers, pushers or takers of this evil drug.

• 4 weeks later...