Any Nice 100 Baht Massage Shops?

mitchell44

Minimum wage is 300 baht a day, female laborers on construction sites earn the same. 100 baht an hour for a massage potentially earns the masseuse 1,000 baht a day, no reason to pay more if that's what the market says the price is. As for being hard work, which is harder, massage or construction work!

Part of the problem here is individual westerners driving up local prices because they think it's appropriate to pay more and/or because it costs more back home, bad decision I say because the rest of us who live here have live with the damage after you've left, aka increased pricing.

I'm not driving prices up, but cheapskates like the OP are trying to drive them down. If the prices increase then that's your problem not mine. If I pay more that's also the market at work, so no use complaining to me.

You sound like the sympathetic and understanding sort of human being who thinks that prices can/should only ever go one way, up, if they go down then people are being cheap and unfair, hmmm! I suppose it's OK for you to pay more if you live and earn in Thailand, if you don't then you are just another example of where globalization damages economies through undue external influence. I'm OK with inflation and I'm OK with in-country hi-so's flashing their wads, I'm not OK with tourists/part timers distorting the financial reality and trying to make that distortion permanent becuase then things look more like back home.

I have to agree here its stupid to drive prices up. I normally go to shops where i pay 180bt for a hour of foot massage. But the other clients are mainly Thais so prices wont get driven up. I do tip 100bt because i do think that is normal. Gf who works as a tour guide told me that is a normal tip and she tips like that too. (coming out of her own wallet).

Minimum wage is 300 baht a day, female laborers on construction sites earn the same. 100 baht an hour for a massage potentially earns the masseuse 1,000 baht a day, no reason to pay more if that's what the market says the price is. As for being hard work, which is harder, massage or construction work!

Part of the problem here is individual westerners driving up local prices because they think it's appropriate to pay more and/or because it costs more back home, bad decision I say because the rest of us who live here have live with the damage after you've left, aka increased pricing.

exactly, and I avoid entire cities that thrive off farang spending crazy on 5 day vacations. I'm staying for three months...

Healthland, several all over BKK, charges 350thb for 2 hour traditional thai massage in private room.... Maybe with the exception of the 5 star hotels, some of the nicest facilities in town. Always nice and courteous and i usually tip 100thb.

My girlfriend pays 300,- baht for a lady coming to the apartment, and giving her a massage for 1-2 hours, she is tipped a 100b - so 400,- in total.

We live in Ramkhamhaeng, in Bangkok - haven't seen anywhere around here with 100b/hour massage - and there are close to no farangs here.

When it comes to tipping, she never tips more that 20-40 baht on in the booklet - 100b tips are given in the hand or under the booklet, and is only given for extra good/fast/attentional service.

She's in the Food&Beverage industry herself, making a medium+ salary @ around 30-35.000 baht/month.

As for me, there is no reason to be to cheap - Only thing i hate, is when i'm being charged more than the Thais, especially in Sukhumvit/Sathorn area...out here just few km from the city center, they give me the same price, as the Thai's for everything; street food, motorbike taxi, etc....

Yep, 100 baht at On Nut. They are all over the place. The quality can be hit or miss, but it is more often a very good massage. Tip is of course optional depending on how you feel regarding the quality of the massage. 50 baht seems in order for me. I see Thais handing over 20 baht often.