Satellite Tv And Internet Costs

tonika

Hi

I'm coming to live in Udon Thani beginning of July. Can anyone give me a rough idea, regarding Satellite TV, and Internet Installation costs. Are there different Providers, and if so, can you recommend one in particular ?. Do they charge a monthly subscription fee, like here in the UK ?. With TV, I would only be interested in Current Affairs, News Channels and Documenteries. If anyone can help, I'd be oblidged

thanks.

BB Broadband would be a good option (around 899 Baht/5 or 7 m'bit. They have a customer service centre at BigC. Satellite System are around 3500 Baht but make sure you point the dish at installation to AsiaSat 5 for DW -TV English/Macau Movie channel and a couple of other news channels. If your dish is big enough you might be able to pickup Australian TV.

• Like 1

Guy down the road from me, fair way down the road has just dumped his sat TV on gone over to high speed internet. Not sure of the provider, but the box was 5000 Baht [Optus] with directional antenna Gets unlimited down load at high speed and can watch live football in HD, Cost 675 Baht a month. He down loads movies in HD at night, my friend now, puts them on a USB so i can watch them. Will ge tthe number of the company in Ubon and post later. Jim

Guy down the road from me, fair way down the road has just dumped his sat TV on gone over to high speed internet. Not sure of the provider, but the box was 5000 Baht [Optus] with directional antenna Gets unlimited down load at high speed and can watch live football in HD, Cost 675 Baht a month. He down loads movies in HD at night, my friend now, puts them on a USB so i can watch them. Will ge tthe number of the company in Ubon and post later. Jim

I am desperate for something like this.....Looking forward to get the contact info and will run to Ubon on monday morning !

Your welcome Tonika,

Another option is buy the GMM Z box for 1590 Baht when you are in Thailand. I bought the box two days ago for the Euro 2012 cup and it works great. The satellite receiver also received all the channels from ThaiCom 5 so it should keep your Mrs happy too and they have some free channels. They also offer a 460 Baht monthly subscription with three sports channels including EuroSports and most are in English/Thai.

• Like 1

I am desperate for something like this.....Looking forward to get the contact info and will run to Ubon on monday morning !

Wife has gone to an SME conference in Ubon for the weekend so I am stuck with the kids till Monday. Well drop in and get the phone number then. Don't think the system will work for me as I am too far out from the tower. He is 14 km and paid the guy 500 Baht to drive out and test for a signal. From what I've seen of the system brilliant would be an understatement for us rural dwellers. Jim

Sorry to say not good news, seems the above deal is no longer available to new customers. Some sort of court case involving True and the provider. It appears a never ending story here about telcos suing each other. Jim