Best And Cheapest Gym In Patts , Allso Best Muay Thai Gym

junglejimbo

hi

i will be coming to patts next week, im looking a decent gym with a treadmill and some decent weights etc must have good rates , im staying in soi bukaew but got motorbike so no probs going anywhere else. also whats best and cheapest muay thai MMA gym in pattaya. i only want to learn.

thanks

Try the Universe Gym on Sukhumvit. Just north of Pattaya Klang if I remember correctly. Something like 80 baht per session and of course cheaper for the packages. But 80 baht allows you to give them a try.

Muay Thai? Perhaps drive around and take a look if you want cheap. Some like Fairtex for their facilities,

The best gym in Pattaya AND cheap AND has Muay Thai training facilities? Let me know when you find one. "Best" and "cheap" don't normally come together.

The only gym fitting your description is Fairtex and it is not cheap.

What is the point of those Muay Thai gyms? Do these Thai instructors offer any meaningful training at all, or just hold the pads up for the falangs who just kick and punch away till they are out of gas?

The instructors are ex-boxers and teach stratedgy too. The are not just punching bags. There are pictures everywhere of Thai champions who have trained there.

Fairtex are on the pricier end of the scale for Muaythai, however they have fully equipped gym with many machines, gym and Muaythai areas are cleaned throughout the day. As already pointed out 4 boxing rings and separate big bag area, many trainers on hand. You get use of the gym as part of the Muaythai package and if you pay for several sessions then you'll likely get some kind of discount.

On the other hand, looking for cheaper alternatives you might consider a separate gym from Muaythai. In Soi 7 on North Road there is Team Nikiema gym for Muaythai, better pricing, not so crowded, decent training and technique. They also clean their gym, but no treadmill. Maybe Tony's Muaythai gym on South Road / Third Road. You could use Nikiema for Muaythai and Fairtex for the gym and as both are on North Road, possibly slightly better for your pocket too.

There's a couple of options for city side, that you can either Google/contact the gyms, or to visit to see first hand what you like best. There are other Muaythai gyms on the other side of Sukhumvit, like Pattaya Kombat Group or Sityodtong Muaythai camp.

Would be interesting to hear what you decide on.

Edited by seefah

Tony's Gym on Soi Buakhao charges only 69 baht per day. It's between Soi Diana and Pattaya Tai. The facility is very basic, kind of like someone's garage, but it has all the weightlifting basics.

Edited by Millard

What is the point of those Muay Thai gyms? Do these Thai instructors offer any meaningful training at all, or just hold the pads up for the falangs who just kick and punch away till they are out of gas?

The instructors are ex-boxers and teach stratedgy too. The are not just punching bags. There are pictures everywhere of Thai champions who have trained there.

Compared to jujitsu or judo etc, there is almost no technique in Muay Thai and I guess thats why all I see is bam bam bam on the pads...very physical, very tough, its really gonna hurt when one of those kicks/elbows/knees etc connect but all i've ever see these ex-champions do is hold up the pads and the falang kicks and punches etc and makes a lot of slapping sounds and thats the end. I see very little teaching of technique or stragegy. It seems the few areas of Muay Thai that do involve technique (as opposed to just smashing the pads) like clinching and a bit of throwing and locking are hardly touched upon by most of the "instructors". In fact, sadly, Muay Thai will soon be indistinguishable from ordinary kick boxing apart from being able to also use the knees and elbows.

• 3 weeks later...