Bank Savings Interest Rates

CIMB is offering 3.1% for twelve months, only for Preferred customers (or guests*), minimum 1 million, interest payable at the end of the term.

* guests need a special voucher.

Actually, they pay the full interest on that account on the day you open it. I opened one last week.

CIMB is offering 3.1% for twelve months, only for Preferred customers (or guests*), minimum 1 million, interest payable at the end of the term.

Actually, they pay the full interest on that account on the day you open it. I opened one last week.

are you aware that you cannot use this acc.for immigration purposes.

read post 1353.

are you aware that you cannot use this acc.for immigration purposes.

read post 1353.

I saw where another poster wrote somewhere that, despite the interest being paid up front, the funds can be withdrawn during the term but of course the pre-paid interest has to be returned, that is not my understanding from the discussion I had with CIMB on this point when I opened one of these accounts but I can no longer be absolutely certain which is correct.

Another aspect of course is that if a person deposits say 800k for the term and is then paid interest up front, if they chose to close the account early they will have to repay the interest leaving them with less than 800k, a dodgy route to go if the funds are used for Immigration purposes.

Krungsi Mae Tae Dai non-fixed savings reduced from 2.35% to 2.30%.

Might be old news but I just became aware today when opening another roll over account.

May have to finally look at something else, maybe that GHB non-fixed @ 2.75%. ^^ Heard of GSB (Pink Bank), never heard of GHB before.

Might be old news but I just became aware today when opening another roll over account.

May have to finally look at something else, maybe that GHB non-fixed @ 2.75%. ^^ Heard of GSB (Pink Bank), never heard of GHB before.

It changed on 15 July 14 from 2.35 to 2.30. Link

It changed on 15 July 14 from 2.35 to 2.30. Link

Ah, thanks. I was on vaca in San Diego. My weight increased, my interest rate decreased. That's life.

What classifies one as "preferred"? And where do the vouchers come from?

I asked them about the 3.25% deposit a few months ago and was told "Thai only", though of course my branch may have been wrong.

I asked them about the 3.25% deposit a few months ago and was told "Thai only", though of course my branch may have been wrong.

I think you need to have more than 4 mill. on deposit to become "preferred".

They send the vouchers to their preferred customers who can then use them or give them to friends.

You are correct about the 3.25% account, you need a tabien bahn to open the account.

They send the vouchers to their preferred customers who can then use them or give them to friends.

You are correct about the 3.25% account, you need a tabien bahn to open the account.

I'm pulling out of CIMB over that 3.25% issue, it's scandalous that they regard me as preferred yet they wont allow me to open the 3.25% account because I don't have a tabien bahn, it's a nonsense.

I'm pulling out of CIMB over that 3.25% issue, it's scandalous that they regard me as preferred yet they wont allow me to open the 3.25% account because I don't have a tabien bahn, it's a nonsense.

Be fun to know if they change their mind when you go in to close your account(s).

Be fun to know if they change their mind when you go in to close your account(s).

They haven't and they wont, I'm already down to 1.5 mill and when those TD's expire, I'm gone, we've already had the chat(s). Stupidly they keep sending me the Preferred status mailings, I have six coupons for the 3.1% is anybody wants (one each) - actually not that great since it's annual compound interest so more of a lock in than anything else.

They haven't and they wont, I'm already down to 1.5 mill and when those TD's expire, I'm gone, we've already had the chat(s). Stupidly they keep sending me the Preferred status mailings, I have six coupons for the 3.1% is anybody wants (one each) - actually not that great since it's annual compound interest so more of a lock in than anything else.

Ah, ok. What a pain in the butt.

Just to clarify: the CIMB 3.1% 12 month account pays all the interest due, on day 1, minimum deposit THB 1 mill. so you'll get THB 31,000 less 15% tax which gives you THB 26,350. The account is for anyone who has a certificate (and not just for Thai's), it can be cancelled at any time but you'll get back THB 1,000,000, less THB 26,350 times the savings rate in force at the time, currently 0.75%.

Just to clarify: the CIMB 3.1% 12 month account pays all the interest due, on day 1, minimum deposit THB 1 mill. so you'll get THB 31,000 less 15% tax which gives you THB 26,350. The account is for anyone who has a certificate (and not just for Thai's), it can be cancelled at any time but you'll get back THB 1,000,000, less THB 26,350 times the savings rate in force at the time, currently 0.75%.

Correction, you'll get back THB 1 mill minus THB 31K interest, no tax will have been paid.

Very suitable for a retirement extension deposit. I will look at it again when my TMB deposit matures.

I have some certificates inbox me with your address and i will send to anyone

From the bankbook, how can I tell if I have Mae Tae Dae account?

I'm not in Thailand now.

From the interest in my my bank book, it appears that I have the Mae Tae Dai account.

I

On the first page, on the line below your account number is a description of the account type. The three digit code I'm guessing specifies the account type. 001 is savings, 409 is mii tae dai. It also says (in Thai) the type of account.

On the first page, on the line below your account number is a description of the account type. The three digit code I'm guessing specifies the account type. 001 is savings, 409 is mii tae dai. It also says (in Thai) the type of account.

Yes, if it's a Mee Tae Dai account it should say below:

409 ออมทรัพย์ มีแต่ได้