Emirates A380 Business Class

prefabs

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Personally I dont see the beef about people travelling first class or business class. I also dont hear too many people complaining on the whole either.

But if the product does not come upto standard, I think with the fares that are charged, then the passenger is justified complaining!

Great if the travel is subsidised by the company or whatever, its a matter of choice if you choose to spend your money in this way.

Some seating is more comfortable than others, be it economy, business or first class, that just life.

• Like 1

Great if the travel is subsidised by the company or whatever, its a matter of choice if you choose to spend your money in this way.

Some seating is more comfortable than others, be it economy, business or first class, that just life.

Agree

Mrs Ploppy and I travelled to and from Africa extensively for 8 years and we CHOSE to fly Kenya Airways business class with its crap food, uncomfortable seats and crap service purely to rack up our KLM airmiles for "free" trips to Blighty..

Agree

Mrs Ploppy and I travelled to and from Africa extensively for 8 years and we CHOSE to fly Kenya Airways business class with its crap food, uncomfortable seats and crap service purely to rack up our KLM airmiles for "free" trips to Blighty..

This is it Mr Ploppy, many of us are trying to accrue extra air miles for exactly this very reason.

Personally I find that people that make snide remarks on this very subject are the ones who would in the main love to turn left...rolleyes.gif ...

• Like 1

Agree

Mrs Ploppy........??

Do the long Winter nights simply fly by or do you need Baldricks intervention with some odd shaped Turnips..........?

One may feel a little 'boxed in' by the individual seat bar but I cannot see how anyone can complain about lack of comfort. On my first flight Biz class on the A380 I wished that it was a 10 hour flight and not just 6 (BKK/DXB); didn't want to miss out on the luxury by taking a nap! The public bar area is not to be missed.

• Like 1

One may feel a little 'boxed in' by the individual seat bar but I cannot see how anyone can complain about lack of comfort. On my first flight Biz class on the A380 I wished that it was a 10 hour flight and not just 6 (BKK/DXB); didn't want to miss out on the luxury by taking a nap! The public bar area is not to be missed.

Not being a whinger by naturewhistling.gif , I felt justified whinging doing the London - Aus flightermm.gif . The A380 BC on Singapore is guaranteed to have me in 7th heaven each and every time. Malaysian bring in their A380 in July so looking forward to experiencing that.

Agree

This is it Mr Ploppy, many of us are trying to accrue extra air miles for exactly this very reason.

Personally I find that people that make snide remarks on this very subject are the ones who would in the main love to turn left...rolleyes.gif ...

i always get to turn left now A380 all the way to Manchester, 3rd row seat booked in economy, just got to go to the up the stairs stage. Still if Greece and Spain carry on scewing things up daedulas and icarus airways will be next option.

Agree

i always get to turn left now A380 all the way to Manchester, 3rd row seat booked in economy, just got to go to the up the stairs stage. Still if Greece and Spain carry on scewing things up daedulas and icarus airways will be next option.

Well if you get near the sun check out page 3......Its HOT HOT HOT!!

Edited by plopmeister

. Emirates does win on the lounge at swampy though.

If it is the one I think it is then I agree...Also the one at Heathrow...The Thai Airways Biz lounge is an <deleted> disaster area...It appears to be triple the size of the old one but with less capacity..How did they manage it??As for the 'Joint lounges"..Mt Clair red wine??? Gimme a break!!!

OP so you prefer economy class then

I was upgraded to business on a flight with them ( only way i ever get to fly business ) and i though it was bloody fantastic, but i am just a mere pheasant.

Pheasant? Is that like a Phartridge?

I was upgraded to business on a flight with them ( only way i ever get to fly business ) and i though it was bloody fantastic, but i am just a mere pheasant.

Pheasant? Is that like a Phartridge?

yes a pheasant plucker

I agree with the fact that if you're lucky enough to be upgraded I sure ain't going to sleep. Have been upgraded maybe 6-7 times over 20 years but nothing comes close to the upgrade I had to Biz way back in 1998 on Cathay Pacific.....

Hong Kong all the way to London. What an experience that was and didn't sleep a single minute of the 12.5 hour flight. Took me an hour to work all the Gizmo's on the seat......

What First Class must be like one can only surmise !!

Guys that have the money to book Biz have my respect !!

I agree with the fact that if you're lucky enough to be upgraded I sure ain't going to sleep. Have been upgraded maybe 6-7 times over 20 years but nothing comes close to the upgrade I had to Biz way back in 1998 on Cathay Pacific.....

Hong Kong all the way to London. What an experience that was and didn't sleep a single minute of the 12.5 hour flight. Took me an hour to work all the Gizmo's on the seat......

Right, First Class, Emirates Dubai to Glasgow, I had booked Biz, and they had to change the aircraft, I got a free upgrade to First Class. It was amazing, a booth all to yourself, massage seats, personal bar, electronic privacy doors, electronic shades, 23 inch Tv, silver service blah blah, Oh and I forgot to mention the Bulgari toiletries bag and a couple of other freebies.

Anyway, I was knackered after a couple of heavy all nighters in CM before I left, so I got on the aircraft, had a glass of champagne, and as soon as I could got the seat out into bed position and crashed out, ( with the seat set in gentle massage ).

Excellent.......I'm glad I didn't pay for it though, I slept most of the way. smile.png

Right, First Class, Emirates Dubai to Glasgow, I had booked Biz, and they had to change the aircraft, I got a free upgrade to First Class. It was amazing, a booth all to yourself, massage seats, personal bar, electronic privacy doors, electronic shades, 23 inch Tv, silver service blah blah, Oh and I forgot to mention the Bulgari toiletries bag and a couple of other freebies.

Anyway, I was knackered after a couple of heavy all nighters in CM before I left, so I got on the aircraft, had a glass of champagne, and as soon as I could got the seat out into bed position and crashed out, ( with the seat set in gentle massage ).

Excellent.......I'm glad I didn't pay for it though, I slept most of the way. smile.png

How much would you say a one way ticket from Dubai to Glasgow would be in first.....??

Personally I dont see the beef about people travelling first class or business class. I also dont hear too many people complaining on the whole either.

But if the product does not come upto standard, I think with the fares that are charged, then the passenger is justified complaining!

Flying economy versus business is like flying 1* versus 3* and 4* with less than a handful airlines.

Since I avoid flying cattle class (zero comfort) and willing to pay triple versus economy, I rather fly 4*, which for me is Etihad.

Thai for example flies to Brussels with 170 degree reclining business class seats for at least 10k Baht more than Etihad which has fully lie flat beds, thus Etihad with free limousine driver at both ends wins my business.

I flew first in the A380 and slept for five hours after consuming a couple of glasses of Dom Perignon. The food aint that much so short of getting paralytic or amorous in the private cabin, sleep is the best option! :D

I think they often serve pheasent up there. You're lucky to be here. biggrin.png

The best business class seating arrangement I have seen is with Finnair where the outside seats are 1 - 2 - 1 - 2 - 1 - 2. Bloody great if you are flying by yourself..!!

Finnair is dreadful.........worse than Aeroflot laugh.png

Old aircraft ( and smelly ) , frequently late and old hags serving you bah.gif

Edited by Asiantravel

If they allow pheasants in business class I think I will be flying with another airline next time.

you would be pheasently surprised how pleasant pheasants can be

I know a guy who was a pheasant pluckers son......I met him one day and I said to him " is that you a pheasant plucker now", I asked him that because he had a pheasant in his hand and he was doing rude things to said pheasant, anyway he looked at me angrily and said" NO!!".......

" I'm not the pheasant plucker, I'm the pheasant pluckers son, I'm only plucking pheasants till the pheasant plucker comes".

Easy for him to say. coffee1.gif

Edited by theblether

How much would you say a one way ticket from Dubai to Glasgow would be in first.....??

It's £3000 return

Edited by theblether

Definitely not worth it. For that trip do economy. Its only six hours....save yourself a fortune!

A handy little trick with Emirates, if business class isn't full and you are a Skywards member, they will email offer you an upgrade from Dubai to Glasgow or vice versa for approx £270.00. If you buy that, if economy fills up, they will start kicking the Gold members and Silver members up to Business Class, and the people who have paid for Biz get kicked into First Class........now here's the real trick, if you are Skywards gold, as I am, I trump the people who have paid full fare for Business.

Another little trick is, I try not to upgrade before I get to the airport, I get upgraded so often you wouldn't believe it, I reckon my upgrade rate is about 50 odd %, including some outstanding upgrades such as all the way from BKK to Christchurch via Sydney. If you are a Gold Skywards member, you really do get preferential treatment.

I've seen me get on the aircraft, check out how busy it is in economy, talk to the stewards, who invariably know I'm Gold as I'm always on first and they have me on the flight manifest as being Gold, they will rearrange the seats to get me two together, or if it's too busy, I can get an upgrade using my miles on board.

Definitely not worth it. For that trip do economy. Its only six hours....save yourself a fortune!

A handy little trick with Emirates, if business class isn't full and you are a Skywards member, they will email offer you an upgrade from Dubai to Glasgow or vice versa for approx £270.00. If you buy that, if economy fills up, they will start kicking the Gold members and Silver members up to Business Class, and the people who have paid for Biz get kicked into First Class........now here's the real trick, if you are Skywards gold, as I am, I trump the people who have paid full fare for Business.

Another little trick is, I try not to upgrade before I get to the airport, I get upgraded so often you wouldn't believe it, I reckon my upgrade rate is about 50 odd %, including some outstanding upgrades such as all the way from BKK to Christchurch via Sydney. If you are a Gold Skywards member, you really do get preferential treatment.

I've seen me get on the aircraft, check out how busy it is in economy, talk to the stewards, who invariably know I'm Gold as I'm always on first and they have me on the flight manifest as being Gold, they will rearrange the seats to get me two together, or if it's too busy, I can get an upgrade using my miles on board.

A Gold frequent flyer out trumps FULL fare Biz.....??

A Gold frequent flyer out trumps FULL fare Biz.....??

Yup......note I said that I had taken the upgrade to Biz for £270.00 when I received the email offer, which I get roughly 50% of the time. If there is a space available in First Class and someone is going to get bumped up, it will be the Gold member, not the full fare Biz class passenger.

So yes, I did buy my way in to Biz class, but once I'm in there I trump the other full fare passengers as I'm a Gold member. Amazing eh?

Always look for flex fares with Emirates, they give you far more Skywards miles. Keep your tier miles up to the 50,000 mile level per year and Emirates will give you superior service.