Does A Virus Kiil Love?

sirchai

Please just imagine: You'd fall in love with a nice Thai lady, not a bar girl.

You fall in love and you figure out that this is the one you were looking for your whole life.

After a few months, she gets sick and a blood test shows that she's got the HIV virus.

What would you do?

Thanks for any honest input!- wink.png

I don't know if the OP is drunk or not ... but I am a little confused.

Bacause back in March of this year the OP asked " I'm happily married since ten years and would like to adopt our son, who'd never seen his biological father." in the thread Adoption of Our Son in LOS.

So the answers can be better tailored to suit your question, does your wife now have the HIV Virus?

Your Girlfriend?

Your new partner?

Your Mia Noi?

Other person not considered above?

The OP may be asking it for someone else in 1 of his posts or for reference in case such happens, am I right, OP ?

In this thread, do you mean that you think she:

1)cheated on you after the 2 of you are thing; or

2)lied to you that she was CLEAN before ?

Test us what you think exactly now and we can help you better.

• 3 weeks later...

Getting checked aside, leave her - I mean she may be the perfect woman for you but she won't be for long. Unless you have some sort of messiah complex...

Very sad true but why would you involve yourself in such a drama in a foreign land with immigration laws and attitudes as they are?

well he dosnt state how long he,s been with her, we have all seen men come here fall in love after 2 weeks,,

i would go, no chance i would want anything like HIV near me,

ive worked in africa and seen all this when its bad,, not a chance, you wouldnt see my ass for the dust

You always get HIV tests for both of you, before you move in together.

It doesn't cost much (250-500bht per person depending on hospital).

What do you mean always? How many have you had?

You always get HIV tests for both of you, before you move in together.

It doesn't cost much (250-500bht per person depending on hospital).

Yes, it's a baseline and if clear no unprotected sex for another (3 months?) for the follow up test. Not sure of the current technology timeline for identifying HIV virus after exposure.

COUGH ... has anyone noticed that since the OP started this conversation, the member has not come back and replied.

See my posts #3 and $4.

maybe we are all barking up the wrong tree,there is another hiv virus which is rife in los,HIS INVESTMENT VANISHESsad.png

COUGH ... has anyone noticed that since the OP started this conversation, the member has not come back and replied.

See my posts #3 and $4.

Yes, this has the makings of a typical wind-up thread. And all the TV sheeps are responding as if it were all fact.

You fall in love and you figure out that this is the one you were looking for your whole life.

After a few months, she gets sick and a blood test shows that she's got the HIV virus.

What would you do?

Not sure what I would do but nice Thai ladies don't carry hiv so I hope the first thing you would do is apologise for infecting her.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Thaivisa Connect App

• Like 2

What would you do?

Not sure what I would do but nice Thai ladies don't carry hiv so I hope the first thing you would do is apologise for infecting her.

HIV can be passed on to the new born baby through the Mother.

HIV have be transmitted through infected blood.

There are a variety of ways that "nice Thai/others" can be infected, such a shame it carries such a stigma!

• Like 1

What would you do?

Have you ever seen a virus that's not infecting "nice" people how you call it? Please read my post. . But thanks for your thoughts.

Please see Albert Einstein's quotation : human stupidity and the universe................wai.gif

Edited by Sheryl
civility
  • Like 1

What would you do?

HIV can be passed on to the new born baby through the Mother.

HIV have be transmitted through infected blood.

There are a variety of ways that "nice Thai/others" can be infected, such a shame it carries such a stigma!

I deeply appreciate people like you with a brain. Thanks! wai.gif

• Like 1

sirchai, what European country do you originate from? (wondering about the "cold" part)

Does that really matter? Cold winters for most of the time and cold blooded people. I grew up in the middle of our planet when you look on a world map....wai.gif

sirchai, what European country do you originate from? (wondering about the "cold" part)

Does that really matter? Cold winters for most of the time and cold blooded people. I grew up in the middle of our planet when you look on a world map....wai.gif

Ummmm, ok. I'll just assume Sweden then

Edited by IsaanUSA

There are to my knowledge at least several other TV members whose wives have HIV, and AFAIK they are happy together and have long bene together. I also know of cases where the farang husband has it and the Thai wife does not. Viruses are blind to nationality, ethnicity and social class.

Obviously, OP needs to get tested and also start regularly using condoms with his wife. (That applies even if you turn out to be positive yourself -- you'll amplify each other's viral loads if you don't.)

The only issue I can see that might raise a "stay or leave" question is if it is suspected that she was infected through infidelity. only the OP and his wife know the details. I should advise though that a good CD4 count suggests an infection acquired within the past 10, and probably the past 5, years. not an iron clad rule, but generally the case.

Beyond that issue, this is no different from finding out your wife has any other chronic disease. You learn about the disease and live with it. Fortunately this is what modern treatments have done -- changed HIV from a hideous death sentence to a manageable, albeit complicated, chronic condition.

The following is an excellent resource for learning about HIV and its treatment, from A to Z. It is maintained by people who are themselves HIV positive and is highly accurate.

www.thebody.com

• Like 2

Thanks a lot for your nice words, Sheryl.

I've seen an old friend dying a long time ago back in Europe and I couldn't' stop crying while holding her hand in her last minutes.

More people in my city followed, some transmitted through sex, some were drug addicts. Many had no idea where the virus came from.

There was only the killer medicine in times when people thought they had found a treatment.

But then it turned out that the "medicine ' and not the virus had killed the patients. All about money. Okay, that was a long time ago.

I'm always in touch with two good friends in Europe who are good doctors treating HIV patients.

I hope that more people, especially in Thailand will "learn' that diseases will always exist and are mostly treatable........wai.gif

What would you do?

Have you ever seen a virus that's not infecting "nice" people how you call it? Please read my post. . But thanks for your thoughts.

Please see Albert Einstein's quotation : human stupidity and the universe................wai.gif

I read your previous topic on adoption and my post here was a lighthearted dig at what I and a few others took to be a troll post.

If everything is as you say, you and your wife have my sympathies and I hope things go as well as they can for the pair of you.

See my posts #3 and $4.

Yes, this has the makings of a typical wind-up thread. And all the TV sheeps are responding as if it were all fact.

Even had I thought that the OP was trolling/winding up, I would have responded exactly the same way! I would rather be "a sheep" than someone pig ignorant/ arrogant as a few portray themselves on here. Had it been a troll, the post could have been invaluable for someone else.

OP I wish you and your good lady all the best, and a good quality of life!

• Like 1