Looking For A Lawn Mower.

nong38

When I return to Thailand I will need to acquire a lawn mower, a couple of months ago I saw some petrol driven models but have not seen any electric ones and I would be happy to look at a Fly MO or any other HOVER MOWERS are these available in THailand if so where might I find one? Electric Mowers available or not, if so where?

Any help or advice would be appreciated, thanks.

Never seen a fly mow here or a hover mower of any kind,. I have seen the Gas as well as electric at places noted as well as many local hardware shops. They seem spendy here for what you get

Craftsman riding mower $2,000 in the states, 199,000 Bt here

It would be helpful to know your location?

I have been able to get one up here in Chiang Mai

I will be returning to Nakhon Sawan, we have a Global, Home Pro and another big Global type place on the bi- pass. Big C did not appear to have much. Edited by nong38

Black and decker have a factory in Bangkok. They make a small electric hovermower which is very easy to use and gives great results.

I have owned two. Each burned out after around 2 years of use (B&D give a 2 year guarantee) but, to be fair, my lawn is quite a bit bigger than the recommended size for this mower, so probably should have rested it a bit more often.

The first I bought at Homeworks. The second at True Value. Around 3,500 baht each time.

If there was a petrol version of this hovermower available here I wouldn't hesitate to buy it.

THanks for the information, when I get back I know where I need to look and maybe I will consider a petrol model, we have a lawn of about 4 metres square so its not a big challenge unless the lady has shears and gets sore shoulders!

THanks for the information, when I get back I know where I need to look and maybe I will consider a petrol model, we have a lawn of about 4 metres square so its not a big challenge unless the lady has shears and gets sore shoulders!

I can recommend these...

I would love to find one of those that you just push and the wheels turn the cutters. Don't know what the are called, manual mower I guess.

Anyhow, lawn mowers are definitely expensive here, that is why they use brush cutters for the mowing in many places.

I would love to find one of those that you just push and the wheels turn the cutters. Don't know what the are called, manual mower I guess.

Anyhow, lawn mowers are definitely expensive here, that is why they use brush cutters for the mowing in many places.

What you describe is called a "reel" mower as compared to a gas powered or electric "rotary" type. Reel mowers cut cleaner and are almost always what golf courses use. Larger and gas powered. I bought a fairly good push reel mower when I lived in Chiang Mai. They were available in the small mom and pop hardware stores...

Had loads of electric mowers and strimmers that last about a year, hopeless, so l bought a Honda petrol jobby that is not gear driven but does a good job very quickly. The petrol mowers with drive seem to have drive probs in a short time, as friends have had them.

I can recommend these...

So can I , I eat them, but never seen them in Thailand.

Transam a Honda petrol driven jobby that is not gear driven, can you eleborate more? Do you mean its springs into action is powered by he operator pushing it? Can you let me know the model number of what you have please.

Transam a Honda petrol driven jobby that is not gear driven, can you eleborate more? Do you mean its springs into action is powered by he operator pushing it? Can you let me know the model number of what you have please.

Has Honda engine but NOT motorized, you gotta push it sad.png , but good exerciselaugh.png . It is not manufactured by Honda, just has a Honda engine, it's manufacturers name is Kojima and cost13K. The all Thai driven (geared) petrol mowers were around 8/9K but nooooo guarantee w00t.gif . The Honda/Kojima had a 1 year guarantee. No model number but the engine has Honda stuff written on it.

I

Has Honda engine but NOT motorized, you gotta push it sad.png , but good exerciselaugh.png . It is not manufactured by Honda, just has a Honda engine, it's manufacturers name is Kojima and cost13K. The all Thai driven (geared) petrol mowers were around 8/9K but nooooo guarantee w00t.gif . The Honda/Kojima had a 1 year guarantee. No model number but the engine has Honda stuff written on it.

I

Will give it a look when I get back, thanks