Cous Cous

JimmyTheMook

Anyone try the place ?

I will need to scope it out.

I tried a tajine there. It was OK but overpriced. But personally, I won't be back to that place.

My comments:

Petite Planette near Tukcom has couscous royale on special many weekends. Not bad.

Edited by Jingthing

Cous cous,shut your eyes when eating,try and taste the difference between it and sawdust,impossible (not that I have tried sawdust)

That's a bit unfair.

Yes, couscous on its own is a bit dull, just like plain unsalted pasta with no sauce (couscous is in fact exactly the same as plain pasta, just cut up very small). All the flavour in couscous comes from what you put on it, just like pasta.

Cous cous,shut your eyes when eating,try and taste the difference between it and sawdust,impossible (not that I have tried sawdust)

That's just cous cous on its own (rather like plain white rice). Usually I stir fry some onion, garlic, leftovers, stale veggie and spices. When fragrant, add water (or juice or stock). When boiling, add cous cous and remove immediately from stove. COver and wait 5 min. Op[tional: stir in raisin, nuts, parsley or any herb. Serve up. Yummy yummy fluffy cous cous. All in 10 minutes tops. rolleyes.gif