Thai Citizenship For My Daughter

Where was she born - if in your country was a record of birth ever obtained from the Thai Embassy? If not that will be step one and believe will involve mother but they may be able to do without actual presence in an exceptional case.

Where was she born - if in your country was a record of birth ever obtained from the Thai Embassy? If not that will be step one and believe will involve mother but they may be able to do without actual presence in an exceptional case.

she was born in australia and no there is no record of birth ever obtained from the embassy and ive have already asked the mother to do this but she doesnt seem to want to do it

I could contact the Embassy and explain to them the situation and ask for guidance. Perhaps the mother will be more willing if you take the lead as many Thai do not know about such things. It can be done later; but the sooner the better. There are a number of members who have had to go down this path (but with unwilling wife probably few) so hope some can provide you more guidance.

If your daughter was born in Australia and you did not recorded her birth in Thai embassy (assuming thats he has her australian birth certificate) then follow this.

Take that birth certificate to the related health department and obtain some certified copies (hopefully the name and identification data of her mother will be on it). and thake those copies to your nearest Thai embassy and applyf or a thai birth certificate it will take a little bit of time to confirm the given data but I am sure it will work.

As soon as you recieve her birth certificate in thai you can apply for the thai id and passport for your daughter.

If your daughter was born in Australia and you did not recorded her birth in Thai embassy (assuming thats he has her australian birth certificate) then follow this.

Take that birth certificate to the related health department and obtain some certified copies (hopefully the name and identification data of her mother will be on it). and thake those copies to your nearest Thai embassy and applyf or a thai birth certificate it will take a little bit of time to confirm the given data but I am sure it will work.

As soon as you recieve her birth certificate in thai you can apply for the thai id and passport for your daughter.

As for the birth certificate, copies of the mother's Thai ID card and probably house registration will be needed to show that the mother is a Thai citizen as well.

The father will need to show sole custody I beleive, otherwise the signatures of both parents will be needed for the passport.

From my experience in USA the consulate required a copy of my kids's mother's ID, house register, and a letter from their mother requesting the birth certificate. One child was born in Thailand and has a Thai birth certificate, but when we applied for a passport the consulate still required the mother's documents with the child's name in her house register. It may be difficult to obtain either birth certificate or passport without the mother's help.