'Crisis Looms If Yingluck Won't Act'

Lite Beer

Thaksin sings "Let It Be"

IMHO the majority of the people of Thailand prefer something with a lot more zip.

"Hit the Road Jack" Verse 2

(Hit the road Jack and don't you come back no more, no more, no more, no more.)

(Hit the road Jack and don't you come back no more.)

What you say?

(Hit the road Jack and don't you come back no more, no more, no more, no more.)

(Hit the road Jack and don't you come back no more.)

well baby, listen baby, don't ya treat me this-a way

Cause I'll be back on my feet some day.

(Don't care if you do 'cause it's understood)

(you ain't got no money you just ain't no good.)

Well, I guess if you say so

I'd have to pack my things and go. (That's right, and take your family with ya)

how much to have you sing both, record it and post a link for us to listen?tongue.pngcheesy.gif

Its available online if you can find it.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A little real human observation.

About 20 meters down the road from the front of our gate, there is a little house where a few old Thai ladies and some young single mothers who have no money congregate each day to make Thai desserts. The old woman who owns the business pays these people between 100 and 250 baht per day.

Ten days ago, a new old woman appeared on the scene, she lives about 3 km away and apparently got a lift to the house as she was looking for a long lost friend. I would guess she is about 75 and has no direct family, as throughout her life adult she was always 'batting for the other side wink.png '. So no kids, no brothers and sisters still alive. She has sold quite a bit of land and has a lot more left. It would appear she sold the first lot of land recently for 12 million baht. After having some small talk with the old women (she found her friend), she asked one of the young Mums if she would give her a lift home on the bike. The young girl agreed and the old woman said thanks and promptly gave her 2000 baht !!! Everyone saw and was stunned into silence. Same thing the following day, only this time someone picked her up and someone different took her home. Both people who helped were given 2000 baht each. Third day the same. By now this tale is legend and suddenly the thai dessert shop is crowded with people fighting for the right to take the old woman home. Women were queuing up asking her what she would like for dinner that evening and cooking for her regardless of what the old girl wanted. Some of the younger girls took it in turns to massage her shoulders and legs as she sat talking. What kind people in this Tambon the woman must have been thinking. My wife and I watched people we have known for a long time start fighting and being verbally aggressive with each other, people they had known for decades (not while she was there of course), because they were desperate to get a slice of the action. Much disharmony exists around us at the moment. My wife looked out the window at the circus today and said 'you see what has happened to all these people that were relatives and loved and looked after each other darling", I replied, "sure, they have been split, divided in to many small groups, you can feel the hatred and jelousy for each other", she said 'yes, you know this is exactly what Thaksin is doing to our country and our people, this is it in real life what he has done and what he continues to do. We had a nation that was behind each other and now we are all divided"

I was hit with a metaphorical sledge hammer at the profoundness of my wife's observation. The old woman came for a couple more days then hasn't been for two or three. Harmony has not returned and the bitterness and divisions still exist. People wait anxiously for her to call or turn up in the morning, but she has probably moved to another Tambon to play her game elsewhere. The scale of division that Thaksin has caused is colossal and looking at the next door neighbours and scaling it up a million times, I am unsure how, or when this country can recover, even if Thaksin does not come back. Boy are we in need of reconciliation, but it is the need of the people, not corrupt wealthy politicians.

So your wife is right???? many would disagree but does it matter.

About 20 meters down the road from the front of our gate, there is a little house where a few old Thai ladies and some young single mothers who have no money congregate each day to make Thai desserts. The old woman who owns the business pays these people between 100 and 250 baht per day.

Ten days ago, a new old woman appeared on the scene, she lives about 3 km away and apparently got a lift to the house as she was looking for a long lost friend. I would guess she is about 75 and has no direct family, as throughout her life adult she was always 'batting for the other side wink.png '. So no kids, no brothers and sisters still alive. She has sold quite a bit of land and has a lot more left. It would appear she sold the first lot of land recently for 12 million baht. After having some small talk with the old women (she found her friend), she asked one of the young Mums if she would give her a lift home on the bike. The young girl agreed and the old woman said thanks and promptly gave her 2000 baht !!! Everyone saw and was stunned into silence. Same thing the following day, only this time someone picked her up and someone different took her home. Both people who helped were given 2000 baht each. Third day the same. By now this tale is legend and suddenly the thai dessert shop is crowded with people fighting for the right to take the old woman home. Women were queuing up asking her what she would like for dinner that evening and cooking for her regardless of what the old girl wanted. Some of the younger girls took it in turns to massage her shoulders and legs as she sat talking. What kind people in this Tambon the woman must have been thinking. My wife and I watched people we have known for a long time start fighting and being verbally aggressive with each other, people they had known for decades (not while she was there of course), because they were desperate to get a slice of the action. Much disharmony exists around us at the moment. My wife looked out the window at the circus today and said 'you see what has happened to all these people that were relatives and loved and looked after each other darling", I replied, "sure, they have been split, divided in to many small groups, you can feel the hatred and jelousy for each other", she said 'yes, you know this is exactly what Thaksin is doing to our country and our people, this is it in real life what he has done and what he continues to do. We had a nation that was behind each other and now we are all divided"

I was hit with a metaphorical sledge hammer at the profoundness of my wife's observation. The old woman came for a couple more days then hasn't been for two or three. Harmony has not returned and the bitterness and divisions still exist. People wait anxiously for her to call or turn up in the morning, but she has probably moved to another Tambon to play her game elsewhere. The scale of division that Thaksin has caused is colossal and looking at the next door neighbours and scaling it up a million times, I am unsure how, or when this country can recover, even if Thaksin does not come back. Boy are we in need of reconciliation, but it is the need of the people, not corrupt wealthy politicians.

I think the divisions in society created by the haves with the have nots, matter a great deal indeed, and Thaksin has been calculated about it and the PM and red henchmen ministers are 'consolidating' the effects.

Given the alternate proposition that a semi-failed businessman, who lucked out in the corruption stakes to the tune of billions, is the great benefactor of the poor and downtrodden in Thailand, it sounds more than reasonable.

I think the divisions in society created by the haves with the have nots, matter a great deal indeed, and Thaksin has been calculated about it and the PM and red henchmen ministers are 'consolidating' the effects.

Story not that profound to me. Seen this in many countries without Thaksin. As long as people continue to blame Thaksin, or other politicians, and point fingers for shortcomings and perceived problems, no progress will ever be made. People need man or woman up and accept responsibility. This story could have happened in 80s or 90s Thailand.

• Like 1

Story not that profound to me. Seen this in many countries without Thaksin. As long as people continue to blame Thaksin, or other politicians, and point fingers for shortcomings and perceived problems, no progress will ever be made. People need man or woman up and accept responsibility. This story could have happened in 80s or 90s Thailand.

Never said the story was profound, I said the observation was under the current crisis the country faces. That's all :)

Abhisit is on stage now giving a good speech to a calm peaceful crowd in BKK.

In 35 mins so far I have not heard him ask anyone to burn any part of Bangkok or to go out and kill soldiers. He has not asked anyone to bring a liter of fuel each, nor has he suggested they all throw blood and excrement on Yinglucks gate and driveway.

Edited by GentlemanJim
  • Like 2

I know it will never work. But I believe reconciliation for Thailand could happen very fast if Yingluck decided to be the PM

She could start out with a declaration that she is the Prime Minister and follow it up by replacing his appointees with people qualified for the job. A open admission that a lot of the work the PT was doing was just to benefit her brother and she would do every thing in her power to unite Thailand with out him. She would have to say if he comes back he will do two years in jail. No amnesty.

If she was to do this I believe the nation would rally behind her. Many of the members of her own party would welcome this and the red shirts would effectively be shown up for what they are.

Then I woke up. Darn

as you said "good morning" biggrin.png

I believe country has always been devided, but red shirts did not have leaders to make as much noise.

Thaksin kept them happy by giving some money here and there with left hand, but taking 10 times the amount with right hand.

Farmers never cared about him stealing because they do not understand how things work, so to them all they saw was the money they were given for nothing.

Can reconciliation be achieved? perhaps, but i do not see the real way at the moment, because there are too many people who still want to personally benefit.

As much as many will not agree, i still believe Abihist was one of the best PM Thailand ever had, he sure was most educated and articulate one.

• Like 2

Very bad omens similar to when Thaksin lost his money to the courts.

Animatic. I like your comments generally. However, you (and others) mention the money the Shinawatres stand to get as 'his...' and 'her...' money. How about you drop the possessive pronouns and just write; 'the' money. The money may have been in their bank accounts prior, but was it ever really his or her money? Methinks, no more than a thief's lucre is his, or a corrupt businessman who avoids taxes is banking 'his' money. The money that the Shinawatres lost to the government was money they gained either illegally or by devious means, or was withheld taxes. So it was not ever really theirs in the true sense.

From what I can see, she can't get involved. Yingluck and her family stand to benefit the most from this bill passing, so to be seen as directly involved with the bill will create bigger problems (for her) once it passes. the bill must pass without her involvement.

Ms Yingluck is trying to appear above the fray. But you make a good point, that she stands to put an added 900 million baht in her bank account (overseas?) if her party gets its way. She's obviously very involved behind the scenes, but she's chosen to put on a public persona of aloofness. How much longer will Red Shirted sheeple be fooled? Your guess is as good as mine.

Edited by maidu

Yingluck will do as she always does, ducks responsability and hides from reality.

Perhaps she is just not getting caught up in the immature squabbles she can neither win nor do anything about. Sometimes remaining neutral in the face of controversy is a sign of more strength. Doing what you believe in regardless of pressures and threats by the opposition is also a sign of strength. Doesn't matter though, some would continue to bash her no matter what she does if it does not correspond to their own beliefs, wants, or needs.

Edited by ttelise

Yingluck will do as she always does, ducks responsability and hides from reality.

Perhaps she is just not getting caught up in the immature squabbles she can neither win nor do anything about. Sometimes remaining neutral in the face of controversy is a sign of more strength. Doing what you believe in regardless of pressures and threats by the opposition is also a sign of strength. Doesn't matter though, some would continue to bash her no matter what she does if it does not correspond to their own beliefs, wants, or needs.

i do not think she is even capable of doing anything, she has never been a public figure.

watching her speeches, she does not even seem to understand what she reads, she can not answer any questions put to her.

Yes she has been put in place like a puppet, but even puppets after some time develop some kind of skills, where she has not.

All she has been doing is making public appearances, going to opening ceremony's and that is about all. Anything related to running the country or making decisions is way over her head

Edited by phl

Let's cut to the chase here.

It isn't a question of 'if Yingluck doesn't act' it's quite simply a matter of what BB chooses to do next.

The poor girl looks confused as the increasingly agitated puppet master pulls her strings in all directions.

In 35 mins so far I have not heard him ask anyone to burn any part of Bangkok or to go out and kill soldiers. He has not asked anyone to bring a liter of fuel each, nor has he suggested they all throw blood and excrement on Yinglucks gate and driveway.

Or in other words, his gentlemanly behaviour explains why some here like to call him unelectable

Did it not occur to anyone that it was anticipated that there would be reisistance to the reconciliation bill and that those proposing the legislation had a good idea as to what would happen? I think there is a plan, or at least what passes for a plan in Thailand. People on both sides of the dispute are gambling on just how far they can push their views. To date there have been some protests, but so far nothing serious in terms of rampage or violence. As long as general peace holds, both sides will keep at it. IMO the government will proceed with the legislative process on the basis that the elected MPs have a right to decide on legislation. Should the situation become too hot to handle, then the government can pull back and say, we fulfilled our obligation, and should the CC wish to review the legislation in accordance with a legitimate legal appeal, then we must respect that process. Everyone wins. The bill is on the books, but is not applicable until the CC passes judgement on the legal aspects. Everyone saves face, and then we go back to the waiting game. We might just see, Mr. Thaksin postpone his return for another year, just in time for the financial crisis in the EU and China to start its impact.

Did it not occur to anyone that it was anticipated that there would be reisistance to the reconciliation bill and that those proposing the legislation had a good idea as to what would happen? I think there is a plan, or at least what passes for a plan in Thailand. People on both sides of the dispute are gambling on just how far they can push their views. To date there have been some protests, but so far nothing serious in terms of rampage or violence. As long as general peace holds, both sides will keep at it. IMO the government will proceed with the legislative process on the basis that the elected MPs have a right to decide on legislation. Should the situation become too hot to handle, then the government can pull back and say, we fulfilled our obligation, and should the CC wish to review the legislation in accordance with a legitimate legal appeal, then we must respect that process. Everyone wins. The bill is on the books, but is not applicable until the CC passes judgement on the legal aspects. Everyone saves face, and then we go back to the waiting game. We might just see, Mr. Thaksin postpone his return for another year, just in time for the financial crisis in the EU and China to start its impact.

"People on both sides of the dispute are gambling on just how far they can push their views."

You're sure we were discussion reconciliation?

GK, I think you been rather optimistic.

It is not in local traditions to think anything through or to plan for tomorrow. It is though a tradition to act on first instinct and hope for the best-may be will get lucky

Or in other words, his gentlemanly behaviour explains why some here like to call him unelectable

Really? The conduct of his MPs in the house suggest that either he is unable to control and maintain order in his MPs in the house, or he has two faces: One is to incite trouble in the House and the other is to present a public image of being all nice and proper. Which is it?

U don't think he has full control of his party to the point of being able to maintain discipline nor command the respect of his rank and file. He makes for a nice public face of the party, but that is about it. I believe the term is "lame duck" leader.

Another topic has our PM going on a boat trip starting Monday: "embarking on a four-day trip to eight provinces, covering areas from upstream to downstream."

Really? The conduct of his MPs in the house suggest that either he is unable to control and maintain order in his MPs in the house, or he has two faces: One is to incite trouble in the House and the other is to present a public image of being all nice and proper. Which is it?

U don't think he has full control of his party to the point of being able to maintain discipline nor command the respect of his rank and file. He makes for a nice public face of the party, but that is about it. I believe the term is "lame duck" leader.

Really? So the on topic PM Yingluck may be called a 'not-here' leader, who hasn't read the documentation on the topic discussed, please ask me later, I haven't been told, too early to say, etc., etc. ? Sure she is a pretty face of the party, starting tomorrow four days of nice photo opportunities. At least then she doesn't need the help of soldiers to get into parliament

From what I can see, she can't get involved. Yingluck and her family stand to benefit the most from this bill passing, so to be seen as directly involved with the bill will create bigger problems (for her) once it passes.

the bill must pass without her involvement.

How can she not be involved? She is the leader of the party holding a majority, If her party votes for it she bears responsibility, adding a whole new meaning to the buck stops here.

Possibly she could declare a conscience vote (another new concept, a Thai politician with a conscience) but if every MP who has a conflict of interest in this bill recused himself, it would fail on numbers. It is quite obvious that the major beneficiary of the bill is Thaksin, and which member of PTP is not involved with or indebted to him, not to mention the red shirt MPs voting for an amnesty for themselves.

Not necessarily. The bill will give amnesty to the many dozens of soldier who have murdered people as well. Remember the bill was written by Gen. Sonthi - Taksin's arch enemy - he knew that people would see it only as Taksin get his money back. In reality, the killer soldiers get a free pass for their crimes of the past 6 years.

Really? So the on topic PM Yingluck may be called a 'not-here' leader, who hasn't read the documentation on the topic discussed, please ask me later, I haven't been told, too early to say, etc., etc. ? Sure she is a pretty face of the party, starting tomorrow four days of nice photo opportunities. At least then she doesn't need the help of soldiers to get into parliament

"At least then she doesn't need the help of soldiers to get into parliament"

Sorry Rubl just had to laugh out loud, as the yoof say, at the above statement, - should the rest of the sentence read

Unlike another party leader we can think of................................

Edited by phiphidon
  • Like 1

Sorry Rubl just had to laugh out loud, as the yoof say, at the above statement, - should the rest of the sentence read

Actually, rubI was wrong, she wasn't going to parliament, she was going to parliament house. Parliament has debates and questions, and she appears allergic to both.

As for your inanity, Yingluk needs guards to enter parliament house while it surrounded by her so-called friends, who were not so friendly to other party leaders, members of the military, bystanders, in fact, Thais in general.

From what I can see, she can't get involved. Yingluck and her family stand to benefit the most from this bill passing, so to be seen as directly involved with the bill will create bigger problems (for her) once it passes.

How can she not be involved? She is the leader of the party holding a majority, If her party votes for it she bears responsibility, adding a whole new meaning to the buck stops here.

Possibly she could declare a conscience vote (another new concept, a Thai politician with a conscience) but if every MP who has a conflict of interest in this bill recused himself, it would fail on numbers. It is quite obvious that the major beneficiary of the bill is Thaksin, and which member of PTP is not involved with or indebted to him, not to mention the red shirt MPs voting for an amnesty for themselves.

Not necessarily. The bill will give amnesty to the many dozens of soldier who have murdered people as well. Remember the bill was written by Gen. Sonthi - Taksin's arch enemy - he knew that people would see it only as Taksin get his money back. In reality, the killer soldiers get a free pass for their crimes of the past 6 years.

Do they get B46 billion too?

This could be a first - the Original Post being the first to invoke Godwins Law even before the usual suspects had a chance

He said if the charter amendment bill was passed, Thai democracy would turn into dictatorial rule similar to that of Germany's Adolf Hitler

Mind you it was a Democrat MP who said it...............

• Like 1

Time machine get into your machine and travel back to April 10 2010 or is your time machine wub.png chemicals?

Edited by hellodolly

Two days ago PM Yingluck had some soldiers for her protection when at parliament house. Please tell me when another party leader PM had an escort of soldiers in a similar way at the same location. Just to make it easier for you I do not require that at the time red-shirts were camping outside

Looking forward to having my memory refreshed