PM Urged To Sack Official For Intimidating Judges

Lite Beer

it was an ignorant and possibly dangerous thing to do, there's no excuse for it.

what i find funny is that the same people getting up in arms about it are those who denied that a mob of 300 turning up at a 90 year old woman's private home (who are opposed to her son), isn't intimidating.

that's genuinely not an attempt to change this into a "yeah but they did this" argument, it's just to point out the hypocrisy of some posters.

Did she say anything about being intimidated?

Does Thaksin feel intimidated when 5000 turn up where he is staying?

Sent from my shoe phone

hypocrisy i tells ya

Well, red shirt supporters keep bringing this up as if she was actually intimidated. Maybe they were there to support her. Are there any reports of her being intimidated?

Sent from my shoe phone

Edited by whybother

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it was an ignorant and possibly dangerous thing to do, there's no excuse for it.

what i find funny is that the same people getting up in arms about it are those who denied that a mob of 300 turning up at a 90 year old woman's private home (who are opposed to her son), isn't intimidating.

that's genuinely not an attempt to change this into a "yeah but they did this" argument, it's just to point out the hypocrisy of some posters.

Did she say anything about being intimidated?

Does Thaksin feel intimidated when 5000 turn up where he is staying?

Sent from my shoe phone

hypocrisy i tells ya

Well, red shirt supporters keep bringing this up as if she was actually intimidated. Maybe they were there to support her. Are there any reports of her being intimidated?

Sent from my shoe phone

i'm not going to try and explain to you why a 90 year old woman would feel intimidated by a 300 strong crowd turning up at her private home, i'm just not.

Should this have happened in the US the presiding judge would have cited the offender for "contempt of court" and he would have been taken into immediate custody with no bail provisions until such time as outside agencies had made the appropriate criminal chaqrges against him. Does his parliamentary immunity preclude that?

In the USA, the judges are easily identifiable and their phone numbers and addresses areoften public. Just ask the protestors found outside some judges homes. A judge cannot cite a non implicated party for contempt of court. The publishing of public information is not in itself contempt. There are other laws on the books that address alleged threats to state and federal judges in the USA.

I highly doubt there personal phone numbers are publicly known. They have been revealed by unauthorized sources who do not have a leg to stand on so they try intimidation.

What is public information is their office phone and address.

Driver confirms court president received threats

The driver of Wasan Soypisut, the Constitution Court's president, confirmed Friday that his boss had indeed received threatening calls.

Buncha, 47, who chose not to reveal his last name, has been with Wasan for four years now and said he had answered the first call at his boss's home on June 1.

He added that the caller, who sounded like an elderly person, said that Wasan should push the charter amendment bill through and not postpone the third reading, otherwise about 20 million red-shirt supporters would be brought over to harass him.

The driver said he had answered two calls like this, and had already told his boss about them but Wasan had not reacted.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-06-29

Absolutely, truly risible

Typical response from a redmist Amsterdamite, people being threaten and harrassed are just a big laugh to them, unless its them.

Oh c'mon. it's a B/S news item - elderley gentlemen rings up and threatens the judge with 20 million redshirts???

You believe this actually happened?

i'm talking about them giving out the addresses and phone numbers.

Sorry I thought you meant the BS "news" report

Well I am amazed that there has been no Government statement on the matter so far. It would appear that Yingluck is hoping that if she doesn't talk about it, then everyone will forget it happened.

She is most likely "unaware" but may promise "to look into it"..........."at an appropriate time".

By now she must have a lifetime of "looking in to´s"blink.png

As soon as she can figure out how to get a Photo Op out of it she will come out and admit it should not have happened it was all a mistake.

no problemo thumbsup.gif

Luckily no one has taken any real action against the judges or PhiPhidon would laugh so hard he will need panty liners.

Only in the land of smiles, I really wonder how long this country can last like this, red thugs dressed as members of parliment giving out addresses and phone numbers of members of the judiciary who don't kow tow to the party lines, whats next? Mobs of party policy enforcers visiting the homes of every MP, judge or other public official to re-educate them at the end of a barrel or by threatening with another weapon? All that is missing is the hammer and sickle on a new national flag.

Sounds pretty silly to me but there is a strong possibility that could well be the case. The PT has no problem letting the red shirts do any thing they want. They will protect them.

It would seem like any thing is legal in Thailand if you are a red shirt. Absolutely nothing they can do wrong. Says a lot about there TV supporters who seem to be on holiday. Pretty bad when even they can't agree that it was a despicable act and the perpetrator should be fired.

GK can be out to lunch at times but even he a died in the wool Thaksin supporter agrees it was wrong.

What's it been now three weeks and they have just carried on like no problem nothing wrong with doing it.

• Like 1

Should this have happened in the US the presiding judge would have cited the offender for "contempt of court" and he would have been taken into immediate custody with no bail provisions until such time as outside agencies had made the appropriate criminal chaqrges against him. Does his parliamentary immunity preclude that?

In the USA, the judges are easily identifiable and their phone numbers and addresses areoften public. Just ask the protestors found outside some judges homes. A judge cannot cite a non implicated party for contempt of court. The publishing of public information is not in itself contempt. There are other laws on the books that address alleged threats to state and federal judges in the USA.

I highly doubt there personal phone numbers are publicly known. They have been revealed by unauthorized sources who do not have a leg to stand on so they try intimidation.

What is public information is their office phone and address.

I agree with your above statement,how many of us ordinary people on TV who have nothing to fear,are Ex Directory?

Luckily no one has taken any real action against the judges or PhiPhidon would laugh so hard he will need panty liners.

You really need to discern the difference between laughable and ludicrous

Perhap you need to define the meaning of the words you use before you publish them. Because in this case it made you look like a egocentric,unfeeling; unkind; unsympathetic; harsh; cruel. heartless redshirt rube.

risible - Definition of risible

adjective. able or inclined to laugh; of or connected with laughter; causing laughter; laughable; funny; amusing

www.yourdictionary.com/risible...

Edited by waza
  • Like 1

Driver confirms court president received threats

The driver of Wasan Soypisut, the Constitution Court's president, confirmed Friday that his boss had indeed received threatening calls.

Buncha, 47, who chose not to reveal his last name, has been with Wasan for four years now and said he had answered the first call at his boss's home on June 1.

He added that the caller, who sounded like an elderly person, said that Wasan should push the charter amendment bill through and not postpone the third reading, otherwise about 20 million red-shirt supporters would be brought over to harass him.

The driver said he had answered two calls like this, and had already told his boss about them but Wasan had not reacted.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-06-29

Absolutely, truly risible

Typical response from a redmist Amsterdamite, people being threaten and harrassed are just a big laugh to them, unless its them.

Oh c'mon. it's a B/S news item - elderley gentlemen rings up and threatens the judge with 20 million redshirts???

You think it's acceptable?

Notice how quickly some people try to change the subject. That is sad because this handing out of private information is a human-rights abuse, which should not be compared to anything less or made light of in any way. Your human right to have a safe home for your family. The address of that family home given to an angry crowd of people who see you as an obstacle to their 46 billion baht cash-bonanza, and they hate you for that. Your safe family home is now a place of fear day and night. Frightened, once-happy women and children living in fear. Human rights abuse by state-sanctioned fascism. PTP and Yingluck should pray night and day, as I do, that nothing ill befalls those innocent people living at those addresses.

And all to overturn the legitimate Supreme-Court conviction of a ruthless murderous career-criminal and get him his plundered loot back. Shameful beyond words. This crime goes all the way to the top, because getting all this information took contacts. Either way the complicit guilt of Yingluck for not taking immediate and thorough action the same day as the crime occured, or the very next morning, all those weeks ago, is undeniable and is top-down corruption by the most rotten tree in the whole orchard.

ermm.gif

Edited by Yunla
  • Like 2

The Yingluck administration has consistently failed to acknowledge the misdeeds of its members.

Good point. And the one who thinks for them (guess who) has never publicly taken issue with any bad thing that a Red Shirt has done or threatened to do. When some Red leaders threatened to burn buildings in Bangkok, Thaksin was mum. When innocents were shot (or blown up) and killed by members of the Reds who commandeered downtown Bkk in 2010, T didn't say anything was wrong. Same for the Bkk riots of 2009, which also trashed a Pattaya hotel.

It's like the Shinawatre clan are incapable of perceiving anything they or their followers do, no matter how heinous, can ever be wrong.

You really need to discern the difference between laughable and ludicrous

Perhap you need to define the meaning of the words you use before you publish them. Because in this case it made you look like a egocentric,unfeeling; unkind; unsympathetic; harsh; cruel. heartless redshirt rube.

risible - Definition of risible

adjective. able or inclined to laugh; of or connected with laughter; causing laughter; laughable; funny; amusing

www.yourdictionary.com/risible...

To avoid this dragging on please consider that risible can be used in two ways:

1. Arousing laughter as in to bring about laughter, or,

2. Deserving of laughter as in a ludricous statement, a ridiculous statement.

Whilst the first state could be applied the very fact that the article we are talking about states

as far as I am concerned can only be seen as risible - firstly,it's from The Nation, whose political interests shall we say, are not supportive of the PTP and whose reporters are not known for their investigative traits or flowing english prose.

Secondly, just analyse the statement

"who sounded like an elderly gentleman" - really? What does it matter, just padding.

"Wasan should push the charter amendment bill through and not postpone the third reading" - just how is the President of the Constitution Court going to do that? If the red shirts wanted to push anybody to pass the bill they would need to put pressure on the speaker of the house as the house speaker has delayed / postponed the 3rd reading - he could have ignored the CC as some MPs wanted.

"otherwise about 20 million red-shirt supporters would be brought over to harass him" - nothing needs to be said about this ridiculous comment.

"The driver said he had answered two calls like this, and had already told his boss about them but Wasan had not reacted" - I wonder why whistling.gif

I find it very revealing that the majority of the red leadership, and their supporters on this forum, are so pro amnesty, and anything else proposed by the PTP, that they resort to threatening, and condoning, violence towards anyone against them. The very same people who scream for "justice", and "want to get to the bottom of the events of 2010". Come now, a general, no questions asked, amnesty is getting to the bottom of nothing, other than the barrel. Who is supporting this bill? Exactly why don't they want a fair investigation into 2009 and 2010?

• Like 2

I find it very revealing that the majority of the red leadership, and their supporters on this forum, are so pro amnesty, and anything else proposed by the PTP, that they resort to threatening, and condoning, violence towards anyone against them. The very same people who scream for "justice", and "want to get to the bottom of the events of 2010". Come now, a general, no questions asked, amnesty is getting to the bottom of nothing, other than the barrel. Who is supporting this bill? Exactly why don't they want a fair investigation into 2009 and 2010?

Nail on the Head. The amnesty bills are not about enabling investigations of law-breaking allegations, whether related to Thaksin, the Red Shirts, The Yellows, or anyone else. The bills are a tool to whitewash all law-breaking - with the specific (but not-admitted to) primary goal of enabling T to return and pocket tens of billions of baht from government coffers.

"To avoid this dragging on please consider that risible can be used in two ways:

1. Arousing laughter as in to bring about laughter, or,

2. Deserving of laughter as in a ludricous statement, a ridiculous statement.......[blah blah blah et al]........

"who sounded like an elderly gentleman" - really? What does it matter, just padding.

"Wasan should push the charter amendment bill through and not postpone the third reading" - just how is the President of the Constitution Court going to do that? If the red shirts wanted to push anybody to pass the bill they would need to put pressure on the speaker of the house as the house speaker has delayed / postponed the 3rd reading - he could have ignored the CC as some MPs wanted.

"otherwise about 20 million red-shirt supporters would be brought over to harass him" - nothing needs to be said about this ridiculous comment.

"The driver said he had answered two calls like this, and had already told his boss about them but Wasan had not reacted" - I wonder why whistling.gif"who sounded like an elderly gentleman" - really? What does it matter, just padding." Phiphidon 2012

Well I think your stance on this is risible cheesy.gif

Just a question. Does Thailand have a "privacy act" like some other countries?

If it does, then its a clear breach of that act.

http://www.mondaq.co...ion in Thailand

>>"As a foundation, the 2007 Constitution provides that a person's family rights, dignity, reputation, and the right of privacy shall be protected. The assertion or circulation of a statement or picture in any manner whatsoever, to the public, which violates or affects a person's family rights, dignity, reputation, or the right of privacy, shall not be made, except for the case which is beneficial to the public. Personal data of a person shall be protected from the seeking of unlawful benefit as provided by law. The coverage of this clause is expanded, when compared with the 1997 Constitution."<<

ASEAN also has privacy laws that protect all members under the ASEAN umbrella.

It is also a breach of non-legal moral codes and regulations, such as Amnesty and other human-rights groups condemn any government that hand out home-addresses to persons who would intimidate or harm the people living at those addresses.

More broadly speaking, I am not a lawyer. Also to sum up, regarding Thailand's laws to protect individual human rights, there are not enough such laws enacted or enforced in Thailand imo. Using EU regulations as a framework, PTP's actions so far including the 100% blanking and denial of the issue for three weeks after the crime, would breach criminal laws of incitement to terrorise, incitement to cause harm and incitement to kill. So far it seems that only a couple of fairly vague phone calls have been reported and I hope it does not progress further than that. If it does progress beyong phone taunts, then the people who distributed the personal information are complicit in the attacks committed, under incitement and conspiracy. Until PTP have launched a full and independent inquiry into how the personal data was obtained, who had access to it, and the guilty have been punished, PTP as an organisation should be considered guilty of consent, complicity, facilitation, impeding justice and harboring etc.

ermm.gif

Edited by Yunla
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

9441.jpg

Red Shirt Leader and Deputy Secretary-General to the Interior Minister Yoswaris "Jeng Dokjik" Chuklom

Naewna Newspaper (article in Thai)

http://www.naewna.com/

Is this the same guy?

http://freedom.ilaw....case/43#summary

Bangkok

On 29 March 2010, Mr. Yotwarit Ch.(Jeng Dokjik) gave a public statement on the stage on the foot of the Phan Fa Lee Lat Bridge, Ratchadamnern Rd., which was regarded as an insult to the King. On the first day of his hearing, Jeng Dokjik decided to confess. However, on the verdict day on the 29 August 2011, the defendant claimed he could not make it due to a severe diarrhea. Later, he took back his confession and decided to defend his case later on.

Yeah, it's the same guy. It's also the same guy who had also been locked up previously for his other criminal behavior. One wonders how much more peaceful could things have been by now if he and his ilk had remained confined away from being able to incite the violence for over the past year and a half .. bah.gif

2011-01-05

The Criminal Court yesterday denied for the third time the temporarily release of seven red-shirt leaders held on charges of terrorism in connection with the bloody riots in April and May last year.

The court cited a lack of fresh arguments or evidence. The defence said it would appeal within 15 days.

The seven detainees are Natthawut Saikua, Weng Tojirakarn, Kokaew Pikulthong, Nisit Sinthuprai, Kwanchai Praipana, Wiphuthalaeng Phattanaphuthai and Yoswarit Chuklom, also known as Jeng Dokjik.

http://www.thaivisa....e/#entry4129054

Amazing Thailand.

6 out of the 7 who were imprisoned then are now in the government.

bah.gif

In the absence of any repercussions or "sacking" of Dokjik for "intimidating judges" thus far...

Reds, MPs face legal action for 'intimidation'

The Constitution Court has lodged another complaint against red-shirt leaders and Pheu Thai MPs for contempt of court and threatening the court judges, a source said yesterday.

Among those named in the complaint are Yoswarit Chooklom (aka Jeng Dokjik) and MPs Kokaew Pikultong and Prasit Chaisisa, said the source, who asked not to be named.

The court office earlier asked the Criminal Court to revoke the bail of red-shirt leaders and Pheu Thai MPs facing terrorism charges.

The Secretary-General of the Constitution Court office, Chavana Traimas, ordered officers on Friday to file complaints against people who insulted the judges, including those who burnt mock coffins of judges in front of the court, the source said.

The acts were aimed at insulting the court and intimidating the judges, the source said, adding that the penalties would be harsher than for simple acts of defamation against "ordinary" people, the source said.

According to Article 198 of the penal code, the penalties would include one to seven years in jail and/or a fine of Bt2,000-Bt14,000.

The court office had collected evidence that Yoswarit and Prasit verbally attacked the judges and disseminated their phone numbers so that people could call and intimidate them, the source said, while Kokaew allegedly intimidated and forced officers (the court judges) to commit malfeasance.

Each of the court judges can also lodge separate complaints against the accused, along with the Constitution Court office's complaint, the source said.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-07-29

Even if PM-Yingluck is unwilling to exercise her authority in this specific case, and to be seen to slap-down her more wayward colleagues, it could hardly harm her to issue a general reminder about respect for the law or how intimidation of judges is not part of democracy, otherwise she risks giving the (no doubt false) impression that she agree with what her people are doing.

Perhaps the instruction/permission from Dubai to do so is somehow lost in cyber-space ? wink.png

Edited by Ricardo

• 4 weeks later...

9441.jpg

Red Shirt Leader and Deputy Secretary-General to the Interior Minister Yoswaris "Jeng Dokjik" Chuklom

Naewna Newspaper (article in Thai)

http://www.naewna.com/

With the following development today...

RED LEADERS

Court revokes bail of Jeng Dokjik

BANGKOK: -- The Criminal Court decided on Wednesday to revoke the bail of a red leader after he was found having the intention to "create disturbance and harm" Constitution Court judges and their families by announcing the phone number of these people in front of redshirt gathering.

After the verdict, Yoswarit Chuklom aka Jeng Dokjik was escorted to a prison.

is there any renewed chance of the PM Sacking Official For Intimidating Judges and taking him off the taxpayer-funded salary rolls?