Dealer's Son Found With Speed Pills

Lite Beer

Dealer's son found with speed pills

Supoj Kaewkasee,

Patcharaphon Panrak

The Nation on Sunday

KANCHANABURI: -- Police have seized 40,000 methamphetamine tablets from two Thais who confessed to having got the illicit drugs from Myanmar.

Police yesterday announced the haul, worth about Bt 12 million, and the arrest of two suspects, Nantachai Thongnum and Kittipong Wongkaew. Both are 26.

Nantachai and Kittipong were arrested at a checkpoint in the border province of Kanchanaburi on Friday.

"We were each paid Bt25,000 to pick up the illicit drugs from Myanmar's Phraya Tongsu," Nantachai said. He and his friend had done this job a few times before, he said.

"We received the illicit drug from a Myanmar woman known as Dao," he said.

Speaking at a press conference, Kanchanaburi police chief Maj General Chote Weeradejkamhaeng said he set up teams to man the checkpoint and planned the arrest after receiving tips that a drug gang were going to smuggle the illicit pills from Myanmar.

Sangkhla Buri Police Station deputy superintendent Lt Colonel Singha Wangwongthong, who led the arrest team, said Nantachai's father had been sentenced to death by the Appeals Court and a lower court for a drug-related conviction.

"The father is petitioning to the Supreme Court," Singha said. Police were keen to find out if Nantachai's involvement in drug trafficking was related to inmates at Khao Bin Prison, where his father is detained, he said.

Meanwhile, Sattahip district chief Pawat Lertmukda yesterday led a team to arrest a drug suspect.

Adisak Sukprasert, 38, was nabbed inside a workers' room inside a factory. Found in the room were 835 methamphetamine tablets and some crystal meth.

"Workers on fishing trawlers have told us that they bought illicit drugs from him," Pawat said.

Adisak said he got into the drug trade because he wanted to earn money for his family. He said he had lost his job after he came down with a serious disease. He had therefore hoped to find as much money as he could for his wife and their two children.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-06-10

Immorality and venality runs in families, who would have guessed it. But is it genetic or learned behaviour?

I wonder if they'll let Dad and his boy share a cell on death row?

Edited by OzMick

Like father like son, the father is on death row and now the son may join him, I wonder if the son's capture will affect the father's appeal against his own death sentence. The man who was dealing on the fishing boats could have found another way of making money that didn't involve breaking the law.

Immorality and venality runs in families, who would have guessed it. But is it genetic or learned behaviour?

I wonder if they'll let Dad and his boy share a cell on death row?

When I read your first line I was wondering if you were talking about THAT family. Know what I mean?whistling.gif