Social Security For Farang Children

malbab

Does anyone know how it works with social insurance for children?

Me and my husband are covered by social security (Mission hospital Phuket) and just wondering if this is true that our 5yo son can't be covered with the same insurance? We where told so.

He is entering the age he is likely to have accidents (I hope it wil never happen) and should be covered in case of accident or serious seakness.

If you have any experience as foreigners using social security insurance in Thai hospital, please share.

Have a nice day.

As far as I am aware only the foreigner making the SS contributions is entitled to care, not their family.

You need a private insurance for your kid but insurance companies won't provide cover for a child akone and one adult will also have to be covered.

As far as I am aware only the foreigner making the SS contributions is entitled to care, not their family.

You need a private insurance for your kid but insurance companies won't provide cover for a child akone and one adult will also have to be covered.

No quite corerct - insurance comapny will insure a child for medical insurance by themselves.

No quite corerct - insurance comapny will insure a child for medical insurance by themselves.

Two health insurance companies in Thailand will insure a child alone, without insuring a parent.

You can also buy life insurance for the child and add a health insurance rider.