Phone Contract With Internet?

phuturatica

Does anyone have any recommendations on what phone provider I should go with?

I have a HTC Desire Sensation smartphone and I want to have the internet, some minutes and so many SMS' a month.

Are there any I should I avoid? I am currently with AIS 1-2-CALL and I'm spending about 200 baht a week on credit at the moment and that's without internet! Figured I should get a phone contract.

Also what do I need to get one?

I have True-H for my iPhone 3GS. They just moved me over from True Move so the details of the plan are the same as I got when I hooked up with them last August. I did not have to give them a credit card number and the only discussion of a contract was I had to stay with them for 3 months. Since they did not have my credit card number I wondered how they would enforce that. I will not give any phone company a credit card number, here, in Canada or on the moon for that matter. I did need my passport and they asked for an address, no proof was needed for that at the time. Anyway, I pay 599 baht monthly +VAT = 641 baht. I have 200 day time talk, 300 SMS, 3 gig 3G then throttled to 384 kbps for the rest of the month, never had an overcharge on anything - so far. You can also tether your phone to your laptop at no additional charge.They claim to have 3G all over the country which is total BS. I live in Chiang Mai where the service is good, slow (today 2.54 Mbps) but good coverage, 20 km out of town you're down to edge. Oddly enough, I was in Vientiane in February and got 3G service, I think across the river from Nong Khai so no Laos card was needed.

Anyway, have a look at this link there is a ton of info there.

DTAC pay around 600 baht good for internet and calling. Its on my wife's name havent tried it on my own name yet. I hear they can be a bit anoying about that at times. Depending where you go.

Edited by robblok