How Evil Is It To Do A Runner?

cdnmatt

If you leave her money and all the belongings and she never really cared about you anyway I think it is perfectly fine as she would be ecstatic and move the Thai boyfriend in immediately.

Maybe true, but the place is rented.

I would speak to the landlord about paying off the contract and arranging it so you can get back the goods once she is evicted.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marriage means you wanted to protect her from this crap : being left behind without a word.

You managed to see her face for 3 years, I'm sure you can give her 3 hours for an explanation face to face.

Do it for yourself, because you know it's the right thing

Edited by aneliane
  • Like 2

op what are you a man or a mouse man up grow a pair off balls and do the decent thing tell her to her face its finished ,leaving money to try and make yourself feel better....tut tut

Hmmmmmmmmmmm, you forget the old husband, sorry, brother, will be hiding in the wardrobe with his pals. w00t.gif

op what are you a man or a mouse man up grow a pair off balls and do the decent thing tell her to her face its finished ,leaving money to try and make yourself feel better....tut tut

Agree 100% and agree with Judas too, lot of weaklings here with no feeling of responsibility.

I know i would hate it if the gf would do a runner on me that way. Would be nice if she just told me it was over and why. Think people kinda deserve that after a long relation.

Edited by robblok
  • Like 2

I would find it inhuman if I were not able to discuss my departure with my wife. Thats where respect comes into play and she would deserve the explanation and of course the support in the aftermath.

But she is a reasonable, intelligent human being who has always been independent and I would fear no reprisals .. only what is rightfully hers in the financial stakes.

However, I have seen some relationships where they rightfully shouldnt be together, relationships based on violence and if I were to be in that situation I would have scarped it/faked my death or whatever just to keep my genitals intact.

The OP has not given any history and therefore I do believe that many posters have posted tongue in cheek.

For the poster who mentioned that many girls have been purchased in bars, I feel is presumptuous and unnecessary, and even if this is so, some of those relationships have proven to work.

• Like 2

As a kid my mother taught me a very simple lesson: " How would you feel if someone did the same thing to you?" Unless your gf is a raging psycho, slinking off in the middle of the night is the act of a moral coward. Just the way I see it.

Some people get off on a big emotional scene. Don't try and kid anyone it was for them.

The young, the foolish, the weak and the sickos hang around for a big scene.

The experienced know leaving quietly while they aren't aware is the kindest thing to do.

Edited by TommoPhysicist
  • Like 1

I would find it inhuman if I were not able to discuss my departure with my wife. Thats where respect comes into play and she would deserve the explanation and of course the support in the aftermath.

Allright,this question hasn't come up yet.

Now just take in your immagination that the OP is actually a Lady leaving her boyfriend of 3 years.Would there also the suggestions for support in the aftermath?

Now just take in your immagination that the OP is actually a Lady leaving her boyfriend of 3 years.Would there also the suggestions for support in the aftermath?

Absolutely, my feelings would apply for male or females... I mentioned as such vis a vis my wife... and if she were to do the same, given she had the finances I am sure she would adequately look after me.

That would be rare occurance in Thailand dont you think.. not impossible, but rarer than in the west.

Personally speaking, it takes some considerable amount of time for a long term relationship to end up such as the OP. These feelings dont materialise overnight generally... hence I would have thought some warning signals would have been given way down the track.

However, if I realised that my partner would act in a totally irrational/aggressive manner then I might well be tempted to depart from the home and discuss this over the phone.

Edited by edwinclapham

Absolutely, my feelings would apply for male or females... and if you read my post correctly, I mentioned as such vis a vis my wife.

Personally speaking, it takes some consideration amount of time for a long term relationship to end up such as the OP. These feelings dont materialise overnight generally... hence I would have thought some warning signals would have been given way down the track.

However, if I realised that my partner would act in a totally irrational/aggressive manner then I might well be tempted to depart from the home and discuss this over the phone.

Of course if you know the partner is going to do crazy stuff like knives and such. Then this is the best way. But to be honest if my wife would do a runner like that it would hurt a lot more then if she told me why and then leave.

Absolutely, my feelings would apply for male or females... and if you read my post correctly, I mentioned as such vis a vis my wife... and if she were to do the same, given she had the finances I am sure she would adequately look after me.

That would be rare occurance in Thailand dont you think.. not impossible, but rarer than in the west.

Personally speaking, it takes some consideration amount of time for a long term relationship to end up such as the OP. These feelings dont materialise overnight generally... hence I would have thought some warning signals would have been given way down the track.

My point was actually the financial support for the aftermath,at least that is what I understood of your post.

You owe her nothing mate. If you want to walk then walk. It's your life. You have no obligation to do anything. As harsh as that seems it's the facts.

If you were leaving a girl in the west you wouldn't leave her money. Just go. Like others have said. If you are already considering it then the relationship is over.

Go silently and get a new mobile number if you value your life. I've seen the fights when others break up. Yikes!

the problem is in the west u r probably not leaving someone whom you earn 10-20x more than and whose life is going to be significnatly worse without you.

i mean, for many of these girls to hook a farang and that lose him is like getting a winning lottery ticket and finding out it was fake.

maybe they could just get another farang but it seems like many thai women go crazy when they get dumped... i personally have not experienced any drama but over the years i have heard many fights in the middle of the night in my various apartment buildings and many girls threathening to kill themselves/etc.

thai women really do not seem to take well to being dumped.

Absolutely, my feelings would apply for male or females... and if you read my post correctly, I mentioned as such vis a vis my wife... and if she were to do the same, given she had the finances I am sure she would adequately look after me.

My point was actually the financial support for the aftermath,at least that is what I understood of your post.

Yes apologies, I did edit my post slightly probably whilst you were posting.

the problem is in the west u r probably not leaving someone whom you earn 10-20x more than and whose life is going to be significnatly worse without you.

i mean, for many of these girls to hook a farang and that lose him is like getting a winning lottery ticket and finding out it was fake.

maybe they could just get another farang but it seems like many thai women go crazy when they get dumped... i personally have not experienced any drama but over the years i have heard many fights in the middle of the night in my various apartment buildings and many girls threathening to kill themselves/etc.

Exactly!

• Like 1

Yeah it's amazing how far a farang's items can fly from an apartment block and how loud those little Thai women can shout. It really does become a re-enactment of those Thai soaps they watch on TV. Everyone has to know.

I also don't understand about leaving money, its decent but im not sure i would. I would however tell her how it is in her face she at least deserves that (talking about my wife here) No kids too 2 dogs only.

But im not planning on ending it.