GMM Grammy Defends Self On Euro 2012

webfact

I don't understand why it is so important if they show that game or not. It is just a game, not world news....

Might not be to yousick.gif

When one very famous football manager was asked if football was a matter of life and death he said "no....its more important than that"whistling.gif

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The NBTC Vice Chairman said "True is using legal loopholes to hold consumers hostage for business gains". What planet is this guy from. There is no business gain to True if you logically think about it and it is Grammy holding the consumers hostage.

No business gain from being able to air EURO 2012... blink.png

It 'is only the True that betrayed its customers. Grammy is doing its business as usual. True had the position to help its customers then missed the opportunity. Just the normal way of doing business by True. End of story.

When TRUE dropped ASN in October GMM Grammy stepped right up and got me a box in my home in less than 3 days. Could anyone expect or get the same service from TRUE. GMM has been free to me until June 2nd. Prior to that they called to register my box number and receive payment. What they are doing is called business. I congratulate thim on their new business and hope they run TRUE out of town, so to speak.

I can't believe the comments I am reading. Too much sun and Chang for sure.

This has nothing to do with TrueVisions. This is all about Grammy and its partners either trying to sell set top boxes or extort a large fee from True for the rights. True according to the NBTC "must carry" the matches as it is in their contractual obligation with the airing of terrestrial TV stations. This is correct. But Grammy are not allowing them access to the signal based on a complete load of B....... that UEFA need to approve the airing. They do not- it is a load of nonsense. Grammy is the full rights holder in Thailand for both terrestrial and satellite otherwise how could they air through their own boxes??? Also the claim to have just done a deal with DTV And Cable Holding -so did they seek approval for that from UEFA -not likely.

The NBTC Vice Chairman said "True is using legal loopholes to hold consumers hostage for business gains". What planet is this guy from. There is no business gain to True if you logically think about it and it is Grammy holding the consumers hostage.

Grammy cites concerns that the True signal can be received outside of Thailand. True has said it will encrypt the signal. So close that argument. And anyway how many Astro boxes from Malaysia are in the Kingdom-thousands. Its a huge blag by Grammy trying to confuse the issue. There is no issue. The law says True must air the programming and Grammy is stopping it from doing so. NBTC should fine itself for failure to ensure that Grammy gives True the decryption keys.

Get with the programme guys this is not about True airing the Euro in its own right it is about Grammy blocking regular programming on terrestrial channels carried by True.

Nuff said

TRUE channels are aired in Cambodia, I know this for sure. And a TRUE set top box is required. They go through an agent there. Believe what you want. You are wrong. GMM Grammy is set up to do business with their customers. And some folk only want to complain, and not remedy the situation. You should get the facts strait before you whine on the internet.

RT @chuvit_online:

Two public companies have made more money than expect, they are too greedy and just let people too see nothing in football Euro 2012

They are argued about their benefit even one company had earned from selling satellite and another earned from membership

No business gain from being able to air EURO 2012... blink.png

Point being that True already have a mature base of paying customers nearly a million I believe. How many new people are going join True just because of the Euros where as GMM are new and trying to sell their boxes. Can you think of any other business gain for True? I guess that is why they are not interested in paying the large sum that GMM are asking -there is no way to financially justify it specially as by rights it should be on their terrestrial feed anyway.

This has nothing to do with TrueVisions. This is all about Grammy and its partners either trying to sell set top boxes or extort a large fee from True for the rights. True according to the NBTC "must carry" the matches as it is in their contractual obligation with the airing of terrestrial TV stations. This is correct. But Grammy are not allowing them access to the signal based on a complete load of B....... that UEFA need to approve the airing. They do not- it is a load of nonsense. Grammy is the full rights holder in Thailand for both terrestrial and satellite otherwise how could they air through their own boxes??? Also the claim to have just done a deal with DTV And Cable Holding -so did they seek approval for that from UEFA -not likely.

Grammy cites concerns that the True signal can be received outside of Thailand. True has said it will encrypt the signal. So close that argument. And anyway how many Astro boxes from Malaysia are in the Kingdom-thousands. Its a huge blag by Grammy trying to confuse the issue. There is no issue. The law says True must air the programming and Grammy is stopping it from doing so. NBTC should fine itself for failure to ensure that Grammy gives True the decryption keys.

Get with the programme guys this is not about True airing the Euro in its own right it is about Grammy blocking regular programming on terrestrial channels carried by True.

Nuff said

Want some cheese with your wine!! GMM has 400 million reasons to sell their set tops! True had the option to share the costs and in True form dropped the ball again!!

EXACTLY

this is about football right?

No it is about TRUE expecting something for else free. Most of the stuff aired on TRUE is stolen from other satelites. They are the worst. GMM Grammy has given them competion. The football is the last straw. This is about broadcast rights and TRUE dropping the ball, so to speak. When it was NFL like last October nobody cared but me. I bought GMM Grammy then and got the signal for free until June 2nd. One month prior I was called by GMM Grammy to register my box and continue receiving their signal for a monthly fee. Has TRUE ever called you about anything. I think not

Nuff said

TRUE channels are aired in Cambodia, I know this for sure. And a TRUE set top box is required. They go through an agent there. Believe what you want. You are wrong. GMM Grammy is set up to do business with their customers. And some folk only want to complain, and not remedy the situation. You should get the facts strait before you whine on the internet.

Can you not read-True already said they would encrypt the signal so that it only went out in Thailand. Which is feasible. My facts are crystal clear. I am not complaining I am just trying to remedy pure ignorance.

Edited by colind88
  • Like 1

this is about football right?

No it is about TRUE expecting something for else free. Most of the stuff aired on TRUE is stolen from other satelites. They are the worst. GMM Grammy has given them competion. The football is the last straw. This is about broadcast rights and TRUE dropping the ball, so to speak. When it was NFL like last October nobody cared but me. I bought GMM Grammy then and got the signal for free until June 2nd. One month prior I was called by GMM Grammy to register my box and continue receiving their signal for a monthly fee. Has TRUE ever called you about anything. I think not

What nonsense. Grammy outbid True for ASN/NFL. True, probably quite rightly, thought the price was too high for a minority interest sport. Customers who want NFL could go with Grammy. Grammy want to get a foothold in the market and are doing a good job about it, which is unsurprising as they have virtually unlimited funds. True will have to compete but it's a Thai market and , at the moment, they offer the widest selection of channels.

And yes, True have called me, to ask why I wanted to drop from Platinum to Gold (after they lost ASN).

Edited by brewsterbudgen

Nuff said

Want some cheese with your wine!! GMM has 400 million reasons to sell their set tops! True had the option to share the costs and in True form dropped the ball again!!

And what would True have got for their 100 million Baht -basically just less wine ;-)

I had never heard of Gmmz, but when I bought a new TV here at BigC Pattaya they gave me for free a Gmmz decoder. No idea how to use it. I have sophon here, but in a holidayhouse in Phetchabun a satelite on Thaicom 5, so I tried it on that satelite. Just plugged the cable in the box and the TV and WOW it worked. My wife had to phone Gmmz for the registration and we got all the pay channels for free for one month. I watched football, National Geographic and really enjoyed very much the programms and the quality. I understand that after these 30 days you have to pay 400 Bath a month. Peanuts if you compare that with the 2000 Bath True asks. I am very pleased that there is now an alternative besides True, better, cheaper, friendlier and much more commercial. I wish Gmmz all the best and hope they will extend their programs.

• Like 1

I'm watching it on True...TrueOnline, that is. biggrin.png

No delays in the streaming, got Thai and English commentary too, from here:

http://www.tvonline-...om/euro2012.php

Watched Monday's game on the laptop, but gonna hook that up to the telly with an HDMI cable for Friday.

Sit back with a few beers and enjoy. thumbsup.gif

This is Thailand-there is always a way biggrin.png No wine and cheese for you.

• Like 1

TRUE channels are aired in Cambodia, I know this for sure.

Can you not read-True already said they would encrypt the signal so that it only went out in Thailand. Which is feasible. My facts are crystal clear. I am not complaining I am just trying to remedy pure ignorance.

The ignorance is yours.. True do not know and cannot control who is using a Thai card in Cambodia.. Trues footprint extends beyond thailands borders.

Payboon must have thought that everybody runs it's company like he does. (From 7 buildings to 2 buildings, moving to brand-new building again after 3 years and so on). Anyone who connected a HD box with GMM content knows that nobody in the house will be able to watch on any TRue box TV anymore. The rubbish box need all of the signal whereas True quality boxes can handle Three HD TV's per dish.

Anyone who watched the presenters must have thought that he or she was in a nut house or that Grammy was broadcasting one flew over the cuckoo's nest. Idiots who do not know if the ball contains air or sand. Grammy is an audio company but des not seem to be able to send decent audio over their boxes. It is either over modulating or the sound is not equal. So you cannot hear one Ad and with the following Ad the police will ask why the sound is so loud.

Grammy seem not to be able to send out a decent signal either. Every ten minutes the commentator will give instructions on which buttons to push on the remote to get the signal back. Going short Payboon always was a tight ass bad business man and is still the same man as twenty years ago. Still the same old Fox. Do not be surprised when the real cause of this disaster is political. Payboon is a friend of Thaksin, True is owned by CP, which is sponsoring the other side.

If you take a grammy box, take the cheapest from1699 not the HDSTV box from 5000. You will probably never connect it to your dish again if Euro 2012 has finished.

• Like 2

Well done GMM Z. I left True as a customer for many years already and Grammy has the rights. My Mrs enjoys the Geo Adventure and Geo Wild, Warner TV and even the GMM Theatre channels. There is at least now some channels on Thaicom 5 that I actually look.

TRUE channels are aired in Cambodia, I know this for sure.

The ignorance is yours.. True do not know and cannot control who is using a Thai card in Cambodia.. Trues footprint extends beyond thailands borders.

True's business in Cambodia Laos and Vietnam is legitimate-yes it is done through agents but it is controlled-by controlled I mean they know where the cards are going and can therefore encrypt signals to them. To back this up here is a recent press release -True Visions has purchased all media rights in Thailand, Cambodia and Laos for the UEFA Champions League and Europa League from the 2012-13 season through to the 2014-15 campaign. But lets take this a step further. -Thai terrestrial TV channels 3 7 and 9 are also available in Laos and Cambodia. So what's your point?

• Like 1

I have cancelled my platinum package with True and explained to them exactly why. This fiasco is the final straw, their customer service resembles that of a UK government department in the 1970's. The only product I will miss is the recently added BBC Knowledge channel.

WHY SHOULD I BUY A GRAMMY BOX WHEN IT IS THEY WHO ARE GUILTY OF NOT LETTING ME WATCH THE EUROS BY BLOCKING THE CHANNELS THAT ARE FREE. I HOPE TRUE CAN COUNTER CLAIM FOR THEIR DISHES BEING USED FOR THE GRAMMY BOXES.

WHAT I HOPE WILL HAPPEN THAT DUE TO ALL THIS THE THAI GOVERNMENT MAY OPEN THIS MARKET UP TO OTHER SERVICE PROVIDERS SKY, ESPN, ASTRA !!!!!!!

If they are free then why are you complaining about buying anything?

Perhaps you are confused with how "free" is being used. The rights to the games are not free. GMM paid for them. They have the rights to sell them and they did. They are selling them to the channels listed in return for a share in the commercial revenues. Just because a channel is free to watch doesn't mean that it doesn't cost the content providers money which they make up for in selling air-time to advertisers. (any idea what a 30 second ad costs during the superbowl?)

Why should TRUE get free access to this content if they are not willing to share part of their revenues?

Sorry but you are not understanding this. The Euros are aired on terrestrial TV which is rebroadcast on TrueVisions -True cannot get any advertising revenues because they are only relaying the 3,7,9 etc feed. They are not at liberty to sell as the signal comes straight from the terrestrial station. There is no way for True to make money from this-that is why they did not consider paying the fee.

Only the terrestrial stations benefit from having an extra 4-6 million extra eyeballs from True Visions viewing their ads which is why I said before the big losers here are the sponsors of the Channel 3,7,9 etc Euro programming who are losing the entire expat community and virtually all rich and wealthy people in Thailand

So TRUE doesn't make money by offering content to their PAID subscribers that the customers want? dam_n.. sucks to be them..

Problem solved, True Vision Customers can watch Mickey Mouse instead of Football.

Just wonder what True will give us during the Olympic games to watch, the Panda Channel?

So TrueVisions are giving their disgruntled customers something they don't want anyway and which costs them nothing to provide..

Plus ca change.

• Like 1

WHY SHOULD I BUY A GRAMMY BOX WHEN IT IS THEY WHO ARE GUILTY OF NOT LETTING ME WATCH THE EUROS BY BLOCKING THE CHANNELS THAT ARE FREE. I HOPE TRUE CAN COUNTER CLAIM FOR THEIR DISHES BEING USED FOR THE GRAMMY BOXES.

WHAT I HOPE WILL HAPPEN THAT DUE TO ALL THIS THE THAI GOVERNMENT MAY OPEN THIS MARKET UP TO OTHER SERVICE PROVIDERS SKY, ESPN, ASTRA !!!!!!!

If they are free then why are you complaining about buying anything?

Perhaps you are confused with how "free" is being used. The rights to the games are not free. GMM paid for them. They have the rights to sell them and they did. They are selling them to the channels listed in return for a share in the commercial revenues. Just because a channel is free to watch doesn't mean that it doesn't cost the content providers money which they make up for in selling air-time to advertisers. (any idea what a 30 second ad costs during the superbowl?)

Why should TRUE get free access to this content if they are not willing to share part of their revenues?

Sorry but you are not understanding this. The Euros are aired on terrestrial TV which is rebroadcast on TrueVisions -True cannot get any advertising revenues because they are only relaying the 3,7,9 etc feed. They are not at liberty to sell as the signal comes straight from the terrestrial station. There is no way for True to make money from this-that is why they did not consider paying the fee.

Only the terrestrial stations benefit from having an extra 4-6 million extra eyeballs from True Visions viewing their ads which is why I said before the big losers here are the sponsors of the Channel 3,7,9 etc Euro programming who are losing the entire expat community and virtually all rich and wealthy people in Thailand

So TRUE doesn't make money by offering content to their PAID subscribers that the customers want? dam_n.. sucks to be them..

The content should be available to True subs but GMM is blocking it. How is that True's fault? Here is another thought what is GMM business model if they are buying satellite and cable rights and then trying to sell them on to their competitor -could only happen in Thailand.

There's a lot of garbage being written on this subject, GMM have the rights. End of story.

It's normal practise in the West for major players such as Sky TV to bid for the rights and retain them.

It's called business.

FIFA and UEFA, along with F1 and the IOC are the sharpest operators in the World of TV rights. True have come up against the real big boys and lost.

This does not go.

Sky as a broadcaster is not the same as Sky as the signal provider

So if the BBC has the rights as a channel, SKY as a signal provider will provide BBC and you can see

Here True seems to me the signal provider for 3, 5, 7 and 9 but the signal can not be provided to their customers

We are not talking about a true channel ro broadcast the game I believe

So not comparable

• Like 2

I truly hope True suffers for this; unfortunately, it probably won't lead to a more competitive market for consumers. 20,000 THB/day is a pittance for a massive, monopolistic, anti-competitive, Thai company like True. I know the family that owns True Corp. They are wealthy beyond compare. It's pretty amazing how they've whipped the Thai populace into the profit-machines of profit-machines. Reminds me of Samsung, minus all of the quality and efficiency.

Really tired of TRUE. Their Internet service gets slower and slower with each passing day; their TV service is way over prices compared to other countries, and I do not use their phone service. They'd be smarter to offer better service at a reasonable price and attract a lot more customers.

In the US sat providers are frequently required to blackout sports games for certain areas.

Not saying this is the same but the terrestrial channels made special arrangements to purchase the sporting events and TRUE refused to make the same deal. So why should they be allowed to have free access to the content? Just because they had a contract with the terrestrial stations for their normal content does not give them auto access to any special content that the channels pay for.

TRUE had the opportunity to pay for the rights to air these games, they did not. Blaming anyone else for this is just wrong. They didn't want to fork over the money for the rights and now they will suffer the consequences with fines and loss of customers.

The content should be available to True subs but GMM is blocking it. How is that True's fault? Here is another thought what is GMM business model if they are buying satellite and cable rights and then trying to sell them on to their competitor -could only happen in Thailand.

It's TRUEs fault because they refused to pay for the content. That is why GMM is blocking it. What is so hard to understand about all this?