Usb 3 Flash Drives - Available In Thailand?

bino

I've got USB 3 on my laptop, and installed a USB 3 card in my desktop to take advantage of the USB 3 available on my Western Digital "Passport" external drive. However, I use a flash drive to plug in to the TV and watch downloaded movies and video, but I hate the time it takes to copy a movie onto the flash drive. USB 3 speed would mean seconds as opposed to minutes when I'm on my way to bed and standing around waiting for the movie to finish copying.

I've done a search of the net, and they do exist- such as the Kingston Data Traveller Ultimate. Anybody know if this or any other USB 3 flash drive is available in Thailand? Anybody have one? Where did you get it?

Edited by bino

USB3 flash drives/thumbdrives/etc are very common now in USA and presumably most of world. I bought an Adata 32GB USB3 at Newegg about 6 months ago, cost was about US$45 as I remember. Major use for it is exactly as you desire, bringing movies/videos to my Samsung TV.

Gentlemen- tks for the replies. Esp Tywais - thanks for the link. That 16 GB unit for 590 baht says "bino" all over it. If it proves satisfactory, I'll buy a bigger one.

Happysanook- thanks for the reminder on the scams. I've seen it happen already. A friend bought a 128 GB Kingston stick in Pattaya for a price that was too good to be true, and of course it was too good to be true.

Right h90- I've seen firsthand the incredible differences between classes of SD cards for my smartphone. However, considering the apparent lack of selection in Thailand and the reasonable price of 600 for a USB 3 stick delivered to my door by invadeIT, I'm going to try it. If i get the 400% improvement mentioned by Happysanook- I'll be ecstatic. He_ll- I'd be pleased enough with 200% right now. If it works well enough, I'll splash some more THBs and order another bigger one from invadeIT. If not, I'll research them some more and turn to Amazon or Ebay to get one sent in from Farangland.

Right h90- I've seen firsthand the incredible differences between classes of SD cards for my smartphone. However, considering the apparent lack of selection in Thailand and the reasonable price of 600 for a USB 3 stick delivered to my door by invadeIT, I'm going to try it. If i get the 400% improvement mentioned by Happysanook- I'll be ecstatic. He_ll- I'd be pleased enough with 200% right now. If it works well enough, I'll splash some more THBs and order another bigger one from invadeIT. If not, I'll research them some more and turn to Amazon or Ebay to get one sent in from Farangland.

Hardware house also have some (in their price list, not sure for real life). Alternative if you know someone in Farangistan, you can let Amazon (I like the comments and the people posting the real speed) send to your friend there, and there he/she just put it in an envelope and send as documents.....works fine.

I had a couple of times to send larger files and used usb sticks....never anyone charged customs duty for them......

Btw. beside my cheapo USB sticks I have a good USB 2.0 stick now and it is already way faster than the cheap one....