Tony'S Gym- One Day Lifetime Membership Promotion

Michaelaway

You can dream if you wish and bury your head in the sand.

If you don't want to read my comments, then just ignore them. I'll decide what is a waste of my time if that's ok with you.

Hi Tropo.

As said before not everybody expect the same thing from gym.

You say material is not good/enough for heavy weight stations; maybe, but I am not interested by that.

What I see is that you can play tennis and badminton, that they have a big nice swimming-pool,

that they have the material that I need for the gym program I do, that I can make yoga or other kind of gyms too,...

For me it's not bad at 15 k for "a few years". smile.png

I was asked to explain why Tony is hurting the gym business in Pattaya and I gave a comprehensive answer.

It doesn't really matter what anyone expects from a gym as we don't have much choice but that doesn't mean I have to jump and down with praise for Tony's sub standard gyms.

If you get 2 years, you're breaking even with the normal fee. Good luck! As I said before, how lucky do you feel?

The timing is dubious. He knows California Wow has just gone broke and he comes out to temp all the disgruntled members with cheap lifetime deals. Obviously they're an easy sell right now and he knows it - and attitudes on here are confirming it.

For the more discerning gym goers it may be a good idea to hold off signing up for a lifetime of training in a dive for the possibility someone may take over California Wow or a new player may come into town (Fitness First) to fill the void.

Edited by tropo

I'm going for it on 12/8/4. There are no other choices at this time. End of.

Agreed, your choices are limited, but you do have a choice about whether you want to join for a lifetime or not. He has his gyms on the market - this could be a cash grab - beware!

What's the lowest annual rate from Tony's to your knowledge? Thanks.

The standard (all facilities) yearly membership is 8000 baht. I believe he was offering a discount of 10 or 20% to ex-California Wow members.

So, what do you figure? Will Tony be greeting the applicants on promotion day?

"Go ahead (and sign up)... make my day. Do 'ya feel lucky, punk? Well, do 'ya??"

Let's hope for the best.

cool.png

Hope for what? A lifetime of workouts in a bunch of lousy gyms?

If I was hoping for the best I'd be hoping he goes broke and these poor excuses for gyms were closed so someone could open a decent one.

So Tony's is the reason there are no "decent" gyms in Pattaya?? Please explain.

I thought that didn't require explanation. He's opened a dozen or so gyms in every area of town. It's pretty hard to compete with that, don't you think?... Especially when he offers the use of all his gyms for one membership fee. On the surface it looks like a good deal to the casual trainer.

There is no way any operator could offer a decent gym for anywhere near his price. He's got old cardio machines which he probably got at good price from other broke operators in the past... which he quickly runs down due to poor maintenance. Do you realise that one commercial quality imported cross trainer or treadmill runs at nearly 1/2 million baht each. I enquired about a Cybex Arc Trainer recently. Off the shelf 450,000 baht (in the US where they are made they're around $10K each). Good quality treadmills cost even more. Obviously if you buy multiples you'll get substantial deals, but the point is new commercial quality cardio machines like you see in some hotel gyms (Centara) cost a lot of money.

Tony knows what he is doing. He's trying to corner the gym market with lots of sub-par gyms that he sets up cheaply. Surely you've seen his Sport's World plastic tent gym on 3rd Road?

What you may not know is he often robs one gym of good equipment to set up another gym. He spreads it around. A good example would be his old Soi 16 Walking Street gym. Near the end he had a dozen 20kg plates to service 16 assorted weight stations after he had taken them all out to equip other gyms. I had to make 3 or more return trips to a weight tree about 10 paces away to load one Hammer Strength machine. That's 60 paces carrying 40kg to load a machine BEFORE I'm ready to exercise.

He's probably going to do well as there are many people such as yourself who just don't care and are happy to train in these gyms. As long as people are happy to shell out he'll keep going.

Since your theory seems to be that Tony can offer cheap gym membership and therefor no "decent" gym can open because no one can beat the price, then I guess there's no market for such a gym in Pattaya.

If there was a market for a "decent" gym (with higher membership prices) then surely Tony's gyms would not be an obstacle.

Since your theory seems to be that Tony can offer cheap gym membership and therefor no "decent" gym can open because no one can beat the price, then I guess there's no market for such a gym in Pattaya.

If there was a market for a "decent" gym (with higher membership prices) then surely Tony's gyms would not be an obstacle.

It doesn't take a genius to figure out that if Tony puts gyms on every street corner it will be very difficult for anyone to make the huge investment necessary to open a decent gym... especially considering most of you guys think Tony's gyms are amazing and good value.

Perhaps only Tony's fans are reading this thread.

A decent gym could not survive on the membership rates Tony is currently offering.

Edited by tropo

It doesn't take a genius to figure out that if Tony puts gyms on every street corner it will be very difficult for anyone to make the huge investment necessary to open a decent gym... especially considering most of you guys think Tony's gyms are amazing and good value.

A decent gym could not survive on the membership rates Tony is currently offering.

Tropo, not sure if you aware or missed my post, but all of Tony's gym empire is for sale.

The reason for cheap memberships might be just one of his many "marketing tools" to get some cash before selling up. There may already me an agreement in place, so he just cashing up before bailing out.

Edited by Rimmer
Libel

Why did he close the soi 16 gym and open this plastic tent, I used to train at soi 16 before I joined cwow and found it to be a good gym

He moved the Soi 16 gym to the old Tony's Entertainment complex. It was the best of a bad bunch (of gyms) at the time. Before he moved it we were given the "prepare to be amazed..." spiel to get us excited. In actual fact all he did was construct a giant tent and move all the old equipment from his other 3rd Road gym opposite Soi Lengkee... and it has never been popular.

He moved the gym because he wants to sell the real estate. "only serious buyers need apply" is his message to potential buyers.

Edited by tropo

Tropo, not sure if you aware or missed my post, but all of Tony's gym empire is for sale.

The reason for cheap memberships might be just one of his many "marketing tools" to get some cash before selling up. There may already me an agreement in place, so he just cashing up before bailing out.

Yes, I saw it. I've also heard the same from some members.

The prospect of training for my lifetime in such dismal gyms is bad enough never mind paying for a lifetime and being scammed.

I'm sure Tony wouldn't lose any sleep over lifetime memberships not being honoured. He'll just laugh all the way to the bank....

Edited by tropo

What are your sources for the sale information?

bahtsold, do not have the link at hand, but if you search the archives(not sure if possible) its there. asking price was 70 million

Do the big 3 5x5 progressive light heavy split, enjoy a high protein-moderate healthy carb diet, have one day a week where you eat 'dirty' pre-hydrate and start walking. You will get strong ,have reasonable body fat, your cardio vascular will be fine, so the need for a fancy gym is eliminated.

Yeah, if you're young and want to develop a bulky, thick waisted, powerlifter type physique. It's a recipe for disaster for untrained people over 40.

Good workout for doing at home though - only power rack, bench and barbell required.

Edited by tropo

Do the big 3 5x5 progressive light heavy split, enjoy a high protein-moderate healthy carb diet, have one day a week where you eat 'dirty' pre-hydrate and start walking. You will get strong ,have reasonable body fat, your cardio vascular will be fine, so the need for a fancy gym is eliminated.

Yeah, if you're young and want to develop a bulky, thick waisted, powerlifter type physique. It's a recipe for disaster for untrained people over 40.

Good workout for doing at home though - only power rack, bench and barbell required.

I am well trained,but I do not advertize the fact.

I remember you now. You posted that guys who hit the bag are show offs,now you make remarks about power lifters. WOW is finished--get over it.

What does your offering of bad training advice have to do with me getting over Wow? I've trained elsewhere, and very well I might add, for 3 weeks already.

I respect powerlifters and boxers just as I respect tennis players but training like a powerlifter is no way to develop an aesthetic physique and a good way to get injured.

Edited by tropo

Posts removed,

As now we have detail of the Tony'S Gym- One Day Lifetime Membership Promotion and have discussed it for three pages, reckon we can close this topic up now.

//CLOSED//